• Published 16th Jun 2012
  • 3,043 Views, 104 Comments

Breeze of Love - HeartBeat



Swift Breeze is a pegasus pony who's life is pretty good. Can a certain mare make it any better?

  • ...
4
 104
 3,043

Chapter 11: Wedding

Chapter 11: Wedding


Today is the big day. After 6 months of planning and preparing, I am getting married to the best mare in the world. My head was fogged with excitement but at the same time, I was nervous. My heart was beating a mile a minute and I had the the biggest smile in the room, once the doors opened. I stood at the end of the isle and waited for Rainbow to come through the doors. I saw my parents sitting next to Rainbow's. My mom was holding Silver and she was talking to Rainbow's mother, possibly about us. Than I look to my dad. He was starring right at me and smiled. I smiled back and looked over to my best-colt, Aerohead. He nodded his head once and smiled. I nodded back and turned back to the open doors. Fluttershy had brought her birds to sing for the wedding. She raised a hoof and the birds began to sing in harmony. I watched the rest of her friends stare in excitement. I saw Rainbow move to the open doors and slowly trot down the isle. Three little fillies hopped in front of Rainbow and spread rose peddle down the isle. Rainbow smiled and stood next to me in front of a podium. A stallion approached the podium and began the ceremony.

A few moments later Spike approached us with matching wedding bands. I picked up the band and slid on her hoof and she did the same to me. We turned back to the stallion behind the podium, and he began to speak again.

"Do you, Swift Breeze, take this mare to be your wife?" he asked.

"I do." I said looking to Rainbow.

"And do you, Rainbow Dash, take this stallion to be your husband?"he continued.

"I do." she said looking at me with tears of joy in her eyes.

"You may now kiss the bride." He said to me.

I leaned in and closed my eyes. Before I knew it our lips met, binding us together forever. I heard the church echo the applause from our families and friends. We pulled away and began to make our way down the isle together. A coach waited outside to take us home. We would prepare for our dinner party and celebrate this brilliant day. I helped Rainbow into the cart and my mother handed me Silver. My mother congratulated me and gave me a hug that could take out a bear. I climbed into the cart and held Silver close to my chest. Rainbow and I talked about how nervous we were on the ride back to my house. Once we arrived, we got out of the cart and thanked the drivers. They told us that they were payed to take us to dinner too. So Dash and I made our way inside to change out of our wedding attire. Rainbow put on a rainbow colored dress that Rarity made, and I changed into a white collared shirt and black suit jacket. We got back in the cart and Silver was in Rainbow's hooves. We looked out the windows and saw the ponies outside who seemed happy for us. We arrived at a fancy restaurant and made our way to the back. The garden in the back was reserved for us to have our dinner. The waiters brought out fresh food and laid them out on a table, like a buffet. Dash and I sat down at a table with our parents. My parents were talking to Rainbow's and I was talking to Dashie. Our mothers were holding Silver and talking about how cute she is. Our fathers were deep in a conversation about sports. Dash grabbed my hoof and smiled at me.

"So I was thinking. I want to sell my old house and permanently move in with you, Breeze." she said to me.

"That sounds like a perfect idea." I said nuzzling up to her.

Rainbow and I drank champaign and enjoyed the dinner with our friends and family. Suddenly the lights went dim and Aerohead turned on a mic. He held it in his hooves and began to speak.

"Can we have the beautiful couple to the dancefloor, please?" Aerohead said pointing a spotlight on Rainbow and I.

"Aw, Come on Aero don't do this!" I said laughing.

"C'mon It will be fun!" Rainbow said, handing Silver to her mother and grabbing my hoof.

We made our way to the empty part of the garden that was surrounded by speakers. The ponies stood and waited for us to begin our dance together. The music began and Rainbow and I locked our necks around each others. We swayed and stepped to the smooth beat. I was never a good dancer so the entire time I was nervous. I hoped that I wouldn't move the wrong way or step on Rainbow. The song continued and some couples began to dance together. I looked over to see Aerohead dancing with Rarity. I saw Rarity lift the glasses off of his head and she kissed him. Aerohead began to blush and continued to dance with her. I turned my attention back to Rainbow and I. We swayed with the song in perfect harmony. The song came to a slow finish and we kissed on the final long note. The crowd cheered and we moved back to our table. My dad patted me on the shoulder.

"You're going to make a great father." He said to me.

"I learned from the best, Dad." I said to him.

"Thank you, son." He laughed.

The rest of the night was filled with family and friends congratulating us. We talked with our friends and had a great time. Silver fell asleep in my arms when I was holding her. I kissed her on the head and Rainbow went to go and talk to her friends before the party ended. I sat and thought about my life and how perfect it was now. We were a family, and I only wondered what the future held for us. The party ended and Rainbow and I returned to the cart. The drivers hooked themselves on again and we were off. Back at the house, Rainbow took off her dress and crawled under the covers to the bed. I laid Silver down in her crib and kissed her goodnight. I went into the closet and hung up Rainbow dress and my suit jacket. I unbuttoned my shirt and threw it in the hamper. I crept to my side of the bed and cuddled up to Dashie. I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.


>Author's note:
Alright the wedding came and went, everypony. I hope I did alright. I may have made myself sound like a dumbass because I didn't describe the ceremony alot. But, I hope I did a decent job.