• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 957 Views, 70 Comments

Equestria; UNDEAD - runningtoastgirl77



One day, a mare came back from the bathroom to find herself with the dead bodies, or at least what is left of them, and from there our young heroine is thrown into the world of post- apocalyptia. Can Equestria ever go back to a place of harmony?

  • ...
9
 70
 957

Chapter Eight: Friction

When I woke up the next morning I felt a fuzzy feeling creeping over me; feelings of disorientation and confusion. Then I realized I was being snuggled into somepony sleeping in front of me.

They felt so soft against my face, their mane draped over me. They smelt nice, like faint flowers with a hint of caramel. It nearly re-intoxicated me back into a lulling sleep. Then I realized that the fur and and smell belonged to somepony, who's dainty long thin forelegs were wrapped over my shoulders. Only one pony it could be.

Tea Rose.

As I was jumping unconsciously back out of her grasp, her eyes fluttering open. "Oopsies!" she said, "I thought you were a pillow!

I blushed furiously. "W-what am I doing here?!"

"Oh yeah... you got pretty drunk last night and forgot where you were staying, so I had you stay with me for the night. I would have just had you take the bed while I slept on the couch but..." her face began to get a pink flush. "You were very persistent that you didn't want to sleep alone."

As I wondered what other propositions I had made last night in drunken desperation, Rose got up and trotted over to a mirror with a yawn, sitting down and brushing out her mane as if it was routine. "Tea Rose..." I said.

"Hmm?"

"What's your special talent?"

Tea Rose paused. "Well, my cutiemark is a Rose in the shape of a teacup..."

"Yeah, but I mean what does it mean, how did you get it?"

She looked down. "To be honest... I don't remember."

"You don't remember? Getting your cutiemark is a pretty memorable event in your foalhood..."

Her voice hallowed. "I don't remember a lot of my foalhood."

I decided not to pry any further into the matter, and instead proceed with something else I had been pondering. "How long have you been visiting here?"

"N-not long!" she jumped.

"Rose..."

"Okay... a long while. Satisfied?"

I was confused. "How?"

"I've been working for Miss. Cinnamon."

"Who's Miss. Cinnamon?"

She glanced away. "If you really want to know... she's...", she paused, "O-on second thought, you should head home. Somepony must be worried about you... right?"

"Worried?" Then it hit me. "Shit!"

I put my jacket on and found Zian's purse. Rose sat and watched me leave. I paused in the doorway and glanced over my shoulder to her. "Hey, um... if you need me I'm staying at room 19 in block B for the next couple days... if you need me."

She smiled. "Thanks, Autumn."

I walked out of the bar and strolled down the streets of Stone Whooves and was greeted by the sun's rays. All signs pointed to it being a good day.

All signs except my intuition.