• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 959 Views, 70 Comments

Equestria; UNDEAD - runningtoastgirl77



One day, a mare came back from the bathroom to find herself with the dead bodies, or at least what is left of them, and from there our young heroine is thrown into the world of post- apocalyptia. Can Equestria ever go back to a place of harmony?

  • ...
9
 70
 959

Chapter Twelve: Everfree Nights

The feeling of flight was both an exciting and nauseating one. I lied back on my side in the carriage seat, Squished next to Zian who was reading and Cherry who was dozing off. Grella was across from us actually sleeping for a change. Well, she did say she prefers to sleep in the sky but I didn't really picture it like this.

Morning Glory was sitting by the window, staring out at the small window, staring out at the night sky. Cherry woke up and yawned, snuggling next to me wrapped in an overcoat about three times to pig for her. "Hey Autumn?" She said.

"What is it?"

"Are ya' and Zian Lesbans?"

I blushed. "W-What?"

"Lesbans? Mares 'n mares, right?"

"Well um... Zian and I are together but... uh..."

"We're not 'lesbans', we just really like each other." Zian said.

"But ya'll are mares and love each other, doesn't that mean..."

"Just because we're both mares doesn't mean we're lesbians." Zian glanced away. "That doesn't mean we've never been interested in... stallions..." she blushed.

"Oh... I see...." Cherry said. Then I noticed that her vocabulary was really starting to improve, and although I haven't really been talking to her enough to know if her swearing problem had cleaned up, too. Ever since... Mech's death. "So um... why are there more mares than stallions?"

Now that was a topic I had been over-encumbered with information for. I had asked my father the same question when I was about her age, and his rebuttal was, as usual, more like a history lecture.

You see, long ago as I was told, in the kingdom of Equestria, ponies discovered a magical way to choose what gender their children would be. Since most parents in that age emulated femininity, they chose a majority of their children to be mares. However, this lead to an over whelming shortage of males. So, the great Princess Celestia issued a counsel with the ponies of Equestria encouraging them to have stallions due to the population crisis, as well as restricting the gender- choosing magic spells.

Even now you can find pro- stallion foal posters in hospitals and some upper-class universities if you want a higher education. You can also still see the effects of the mare boom today, and the general exception of lesbian relationships. It was a common thing to see two mares together.

I looked to Cherry, wide eyed and curious awaiting our answer, Zian also not sure what to say. Then, from out of no where, Grella spoke up. "Because mares are magical."

"Oh, okay!" she smiled.

"That reminds me!" Zian said, then she smirked her smirk and reached into her saddle. "I got you something~!"

"Huh?"

She yanked out a black long shirt. "I figured you would want a little extra clothing when it gets colder."

'But I don't normally wear clothes...' I was going to say, disregarding the fact I had been trotting around in a sweatshirt for about five days. "Oh, thank you..."

Zian smirked. "Don't look so down, you really think I only got you a new shirt? Heck nah'! I also got ya' this!" She yanked out a small zebra doll with oval teal button eyes. " I had it specialized for ya'!"

I blushed. "Is this a doll of you?"

"Yep! Well, it was originally just a zebra plush in the shop, but I had the keep of this craft stand fix it up for me." Zian smiled.

I silently stared wide eyed, but I could tell I had a smile across my face.

Grella stretched out. "Is it morning yet?"

Morning Glory shook her head no.

I Glanced over at her. "Hey Glory, how ya' doing?"

She stumbled back, surprised I was even talking to her, then shrugged.

"You' okay?"

She nodded.

"How's the weather outside?"

She shrugged.

"Your watching Whirlwind fly, aren't you? probably haven't even noticed the rain." Grella teased.

Morning Glory Blushed and shook her head furiously, when suddenly the carriage landed with a jolt.

Whirlwind opened the back door to the carriage looking drenched and exhausted. "Grella, you up? You want to take over?"

"What's wrong, Wind? Getting tired?"

"Yeah, I've been flying through unpredictable weather for five hours strait, maybe more. So, yeah, a little."

"Oh, some on, it can't be that bad."

"If you had to Fly through sleet and freezing rain with winds coming from all directions, you would get tired, too."

"Not me. That's nothing, fraidy' feathers." She laughed. "Which way?"

"North East. just fallow the north east path and we should get to the nearest town. We might even reach a train station."

"You think TRAINS are still running?"

"Maybe... maybe not. Worth checking out though." Whirlwind rolled his eyes. "Finnne, we'll go to the next town."

"Alrighty. In fact, I think I know EXACTLY where we need to go." Grella left to take over.

Whirlwind lied down in the area still warm from our feathered friend. His wings stretched out as he yawned, waiting for himself to air-dry. "Woosh, nothing like a good flying sessions to clear your head."

The Carriage suddenly jolted back into action as Grella took off, her strength no doubt getting the best of her. I fell out out the seat taking my newly found items with me. Zian helped me up. "Your not vary sturdy, are you?"

"You okay over there Autumn?" Whirlwind said. "You look sick."

"I'm fine... I'm just not used to ... air travel." I felt a little more than a relapse of the flight nausea.

"Oh... sorry about that. You've never taken a air carriage before?"

"No, not really. My dad did the traveling for our bakery, I mainly stayed and ran shop, unless Tea Rose needed me for something."

"So you've never been to Canterlot?"

"Nope. My dad told me about it before though." I sat back down next to Zian.

"Who's Tea Rose?" Cherry asked.

Zian beat me to the punch. "A mean old unicorn witch!~"

"Ohh." Cherry glanced at my partially exposed bandage covering the scrape on my back. "Autumn, why are you broken?"

"Broken?" I said with a hint of a salty flavor.

"Your back."

"Oh, that. It's nothing, just a little banged up. I'll be fine."

"Did somepony shoot you?"

"No nothing like that."

"Stab you?"

"No! I was just pushed by somepony and got my back scraped on some stray metal."

"... sure ya weren't stabbed?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes."

"Dang. I was hoping for a better story." she yawned, "Oh well..." she snuggled into my side and eventually fell asleep.

In fact, it didn't take to long for everyone to fall asleep. Everyone except Grella, of course... and me."

I eventually got up and walked over to the window, hearing a soft rain on the ceiling. Getting up though was a grave mistake, the vertigo of staring at the endless clouds and tree tops leaving my head spinning.

I sat on the bench near the window in an attempt to calm the ache in my stomach, but to no avail. I had suddenly become well aware of the tilting and shaking of the wind moving the carriage. I fell onto the floor and slid in the corner near Zian, and huddled in a corner as I heard lightning outside, and closed my eyes hard waiting for the embrace of Luna's dreamscape, but the roar of thunder would discourage me.

That night I learned the legends of this accursed place were true; the Everfree Forest was damn strait scary.