• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 956 Views, 70 Comments

Equestria; UNDEAD - runningtoastgirl77



One day, a mare came back from the bathroom to find herself with the dead bodies, or at least what is left of them, and from there our young heroine is thrown into the world of post- apocalyptia. Can Equestria ever go back to a place of harmony?

  • ...
9
 70
 956

Chapter Fourteen: New Plans

"Pass the potatoes?" Buttercrisp asked me. I reluctantly relinquished my possession of the golden mash.

I glanced around the dinner table, Buttercrisp inviting us to stay with her was a real treat, and we decided to meet at dinnertime to discuss our new plans, as Zian put it.

Zian cleared her throat. "So... we might not actually have to go to Canterlot anymore."

Whirlwind choked on his food. "W-what?"

"Well, think about it," she smiled, "we're in Ponyville... which has the Castle of magic and friendship, with the biggest library in Equestria? The Twilight library?"

"Who?" I blushed at my lack of knowledge of of my own history.

Zian rolled her eyes. "I say we go down to the library first thing in the morning."

"Does that mean our journey is over?" Cherry frowned.

We all sat in silence, glancing to each other. Was this the end? We've barely even gotten to know each other. That and... what did we have to go back to?"

"Nah," Grella shrugged. "Probably not the end. Even if we found a solution to reverse this curse or disease or whatever, it's not like this is the end... we still kinda gotta start rebuilding society, you know? That and where are we supposed to go, the moon? Not like any of us have anything to go back too, right?"

"Are you sure about this?" Buttercrisp said. "That this will work?"

"Of course I'm not positive," Zian smirked. "But it's worth a try, right?"

We all silently nodded, and continued eating.


Zian's old room was quaint. The walls were wooded, and the teal curtains were really homey. Old windows with old shutters closed by little brass locks. I had came up with Zian, who sparked about her room with pure nostalgia.

She then turned around to me and lifted off my sweatshirt. "Z-Zian?! I-I don't know if I... I mean we..."

"Relax, I'm just changing your bandages and checking on your cut. It should be healed by now." She smiled. "How do you feel?"

"Better..." I glanced away. Zian put her hoof on my face.

"Tell the truth."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine... but really, my back feels fine." I sighed. "I just can't stop thinking about Tea Rose."

Zian moved me to my side and slipped off the bandages. "Frankly, screw that whore with a ten foot flag pole. She hurt my Autumn."

"Zian... she... she can be a bit careless. " I blushed. "She doesn't really think before she acts."

"Now that I can believe," Zian frowned. "Well, your cut healed up... still a little red though. You should take a shower tomorrow in some actually clean water. Might as well put on some clean bandages." She sighed and glared as she got out new bandages from her medkit. "I will NEVER forgive that mare. Let's stop talking about her. I don't want to get you mad."

I decided to stop making excuses for her and sighed as she rapped my bandages around me. It felt strange how open I was to letting someone touch me, when when I was younger I wouldn't even let anypony move a hair out of my face. Then again, Zian was special to me. And at that thought, I had another question raise in my mind that had been sizzling quietly on the back burner. "Have you ever... dated a stallion?"

She paused. "Jealous?"

"No, just curious."

"No. I never... dated a stallion."

"So have you ever liked one?"

She paused. "Yes, a long time ago."

"C-" I stumbled. "Can I have my jacket back? Please?"

Zian smirked and hugged me. "But you look so much cuter without it..."