• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 3,247 Views, 67 Comments

Spike's partial death - Dark Nightshade

  • ...
14
 67
 3,247

Discovery: Part 1

"How are you still alive?" Twilight hissed.

"Yeah, I was kind of hoping that you would know that," Spike said.

"Why would I know?!" asked Twilight.

"Because you're smart. Maybe Celestia knows, she's always been way smarter," Spike said.

"That is true. Ok, can you still breath fire?" Twilight asked. Spike shrugged and opened a window.

"Let's see," Spike said as he inhaled then exhaled. A stream of fire came from his mouth.

"Ok, I can. Why?" he asked. Twilight was levitating a quill, some ink and some paper from her room and handed it to Spike.

"I need you to write a letter," she said.

"Really? I find it odd that the first thing you do when you find out I'm still alive is have me write a letter," Spike said. Twilight smiled sheepishly.

"Yeah, but your handwriting is a lot faster then my hornwriting," Twilight said.

"I know. I just find it odd," Spike agreed.

"Just write," Twilight said.

"Ok," Spike said. Twilight started speaking, and Spike started writing. After a few minutes, they were done. Spike breathed his mailfire on it, and sent it to Celestia.

"So, when do you think she'll respond?" Spike asked. Suddenly there was a flash of light from the hall and some crashing.

"Ow," the voice said.

"Wow, she's already here? That was fast," Spike said. Twilight poked her head out of the room.

"Celestia! Over here!" Twilight hissed.

"Thank you," Celestia said. She walked into the room, and when she saw Spike, she jaw dropped.

"Oh, wow, you look hideous," Celestia said. Twilight started giggling.

"Really?" Spike said.

"Sorry!" Celestia said.

"It's ok," Spike sighed. "I know I'm dead, kind of, but I can still feel."

"Don't say that!" Twilight said.

"Yeah, we can still see that your heart is beating!" said Celestia. Spike paused.

"That is surprisingly comforting," Spike said. There was a knock on the door.

"I'm sorry to bother you, Twilight, but who are you talking to? That sounded a lot like Spike," Fluttershy called in.

"She doesn't know?" Celestia asked. Twilight shook her head.

"No one does. We're the only ones that do know," Twilight said.

"Was that Celestia?" asked Fluttershy.

"Should we let her in?" asked Twilight.

"Might as well" Celestia said. Twilight opened the door and pulled Fluttershy in. She saw Spike and was about to scream, but Twilight covered Fluttershy's mouth before she could.

"Are you going to scream?" Twilight asked. Fluttershy shook her head. Twilight removed her forehoof.

"Spike? You're still alive?" Fluttershy whispered.

"Sort of," Spike said.

"Ok, so, we need to do some experiments on Spike, and you need to not tell anyone about Spike being alive, ok?" Celestia asked.

"Wait, what kind of experiments?" Spike asked.

"Yeah, we need to see how and why you're still alive," Celestia said. "I'm not sure if this is a part of dragon biology, so it might have something to do with what happened when Twilight hatched you."

"Yeah, it could be that. She released some powerful magic that day," Spike said.

"Actually, I could find most of this stuff out without magic or the possibility of hurting Spike," Fluttershy said.

"Really?" asked Celestia.

"Yes. Just leave Spike with me for a few days and I'll get some of these answers. Just make sure nobody comes, ok?" Fluttershy asked. "I will get answers."