• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 3,246 Views, 67 Comments

Spike's partial death - Dark Nightshade

  • ...
14
 67
 3,246

Discovery: Part 2

A few days later, Fluttershy had Spike write a letter to Celestia, telling her and Twilight to come to her cottage.

"So, what kind of answers do you have?" Celestia asked.

"Well, Spike doesn't need to eat or drink, since he has no organs. However, he still has a heart, which still beats, and he still has eyes, so he can still see and emotionally feel. Interestingly, we found out that he has retractable wings, which is pretty cool. Unfortunately, if his bones crack, they might not be able to heal," Fluttershy was saying as Spike walked in. Twilight and Celestia gasped.

"Oh, hey Twilight, hey Celestia," he said.

"What happened to your eye?!" Twilight shrieked.

"Angel Bunny happened," Spike said. "So, Fluttershy's told you about me not needing anything that organs require, right?" Twilight nodded.

"Ok, good. Looks like those wet dreams will no longer be a problem," Spike said, causing Celestia and Fluttershy to blush.

"Spike! Why don't you show them your wings?" asked Fluttershy.

"Ok," Spike said. He hunched over, rolled his shoulders, grunted, and transparent green wings popped out of his shoulder blades. Twilight and Celestia gasped.

"Wow. That is so cool looking," Celestia said.

"Yeah, I know right? And it's not the only thing!" Spike said. He turned around and lifted up his tail. A few seconds later, sharp spines started jutting out of it.

"I can use my tail as a weapon, if needed. I can also activate this cool armor, but it takes too much energy and time, and kind of freaks Fluttershy out. So, what else has happened in town?" Spike asked.

"Well, Pinkie has been throwing a massive party to honer you, which is sweet, and Rarity has begun designing clothes that were based off of you," Twilight said.

"Wow, really?" Spike asked. "If I could, I would be tearing up right now. I feel kinda guilty about not telling them about still being alive." There was some knocking on the door.

"Hey Fluttershy! Are you ok?" Applejack called from the outside. "Ah know you said you didn't want anyone to come to your house n all, but Ah'm starting to get a bit worried since no one has seen you or any of your animals!" Spike gasped and tried to dive under the couch, but his wings, which he had forgotten to retract, kept him from getting under, causing Celestia and Twilight to yell in panic.

"What was that? That kinda sounded like Twilight and Celestia," Applejack said, opening the door.

"No!" Fluttershy yelled, trying to get the door closed before Applejack could see anything. Unfortunately, she was unsuccessful, and Applejack saw Spike's legs, which was the only thing he had not managed to get under the couch. Applejack gasped.

"What was that?" she asked. "Oh, hi Celestia!"

"Um, what was what?" Fluttershy asked, sweating furiously.

"What were those legs? Those didn't look like any animal you've taken care of!" Applejack said, pointing at the couch. Fluttershy looked at Twilight. Twilight nodded.

"Applejack, before we tell you anything, we need to know. Did anyone follow you here?" Twilight asked. Applejack shock her head.

"No, everyone else is to busy, either at Pinkie's Goodbye Spike party or helping Rarity with her dresses," Applejack said.

"Ok, good. Spike, please get out from under the couch," Twilight said. There was some thumping under the couch, a growl of frustration, and then it rose of the ground, with Spike lifting it with his wings. Applejack gasped, and Twilight and Celestia shrieked.

"Wow. These are some strong wings!" Spike said.

Author's Note:

Good cliffhanger?