• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 3,247 Views, 67 Comments

Spike's partial death - Dark Nightshade

  • ...
14
 67
 3,247

Spike's respawn

He waited until it was dark. He didn't know how he knew, he just did. But when it was, and when he sensed that everyone had gone to sleep, he started to slowly break out of his tomb. Once he got out, he inhaled.

Intresting. My smell is both worse and better, Spike thought to himself, then cocked his head. Why was I in there? I can't quite remember. I remember the attacking parasprites, but other then that, nothing. He started scratching his forehead, and saw his arm. He almost screamed, but stopped just in time, so he didn't wake anyone up.

What's wrong with my skin? It looks like bone! He looked at his chest. He started breathing heavily.

I think I'm actually dead! I can see straight through my chest! I can even see my heart! Wait, why is my heart still here? he wondered.

Eh, Twilight probably knows. Plus, if I did die, she might be glad to see me, and probably even the others! He started walking back to the castle, but started thinking How will she react? What if she kicks me out? Nah, she wouldn't kick me out, no matter what I look like. Hopefully I can put on some kind of disguise, maybe not for Twilight, but for other people who might not like seeing me like this. He stopped at the stairs leading up to the castle. He had some momentary doubt, but decided to enter anyway. He opened and closed the door as quietly as possible, and started climbing the stairs to his room. Usually he slept with Twilight, but thought she might not what to wake up to what he currently looked like. He opened the door to his room, entered, closed the door and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Is someone there?" a voice asked.

Twilight?! What are you doing in my room? he thought.

"I know you're there!" she said, a bit louder this time. Suddenly, there was a bright flash of light, and Spike had to cover his eyes. Twilight gasped.

"Spike?!?!" she yelled. "How are you still alive?" He could hear the sounds of the other girls waking up and running to his room.

"Not yet! Please don't tell them about me being here!" Spike hissed before jumping into the closet.

"Twilight! What was that racket?" Rarity asked. Twiligh tore her gaze from the closet.

"Um, sorry, just imagining things," she said.

"Do you want us to sleep in here with you?" Fluttershy asked.

"No, go back to sleep," Twilight said. "Sorry for waking you all up."

"Don't be. You just lost Spike! He was like a brother/son to you!" Fluttershy said.

"Ok, I know. Just, go back to sleep, I'll be ok," Twilight said. The girls responded with ok's and good night's, and when they were gone, Twilight pulled Spike out of the closet with her magic.

"How are you still alive?" she hissed.