• Published 11th Feb 2016
  • 3,246 Views, 67 Comments

Spike's partial death - Dark Nightshade

  • ...
14
 67
 3,246

Discovery: Part 3

Applejack gasped.

"S-Spike? Wait, I thought you were dead!" Applejack cried.

"I am," Spike said. "Sort of. We're trying to figure out why I'm still alive."

"All we really know so far are cool new features Spike now has," FLuttershy said. Applejack nodded, stunned.

"How long have you been alive?" Applejack asked. Spike shrugged.

"A few days. I'm not sure what day I woke up, but I woke up in the grave, though, and I when I finally got out, it was night," Spike said.

"It was the day he was buried," Twilight said. "The first thing he did was come home."

"When do you plan on telling the others?" Applejack asked, starting to get over the initial shock. Spike shrugged.

"I'm not sure if I'm going to," Spike said. "I don't want to scare them or anything." Applejack raised her eyebrow.

"Ah don't think you'll scare them too bad. Besides, Fluttershy knows you're still alive," Applejack said.

"Good point, but....I’m scared of how Rarity will act," Spike said, looking at the ground.

"Come on, you know she'll still accept you! All that's changed is that you no longer have scales," Applejack said.

"Or organs," Fluttershy commented.

"Ok, so a lot of things have changed, but that's besides the point. Rarity will still accept you," Applejack said. "So, what happens to me now?" Spike shrugged.

"Well, for starters, you can't tell anyone about this, ok?" Spike said. "Other then that, I'm not completely sure. Actually, where am I going to stay?"

"Ether here or at the castle," Twilight said. "Where do you want to stay?"

"The castle," Spike said. "Not that you cottage isn't nice Fluttershy, but I think I freak out your animals."

"So how are we going to get him to the castle?" Applejack asked.

"Well, we're going to need a cart, a tarp, and some rope," Twilight said, formulating a plan.


It's happening again! I must take back this dragon! What happened last time cannot happen again! Too many deaths! Too much destruction! I must stop this curse, if it can be stopped! an ancient being even older then Celestia herself thought as it felt time ripple, signaling that a major (and majorly destructive) event was coming.


Applejack finished tying the tarp down. Twilight's plan was simple: hide Spike in an apple cart with a tarp over him, and take the cart to the Friendship Castle. She was going to have to have Spike fly through his window, which Twilight was going to open.

"Ok Spike, you ready?" Applejack asked nervously.

"Yeah. Are you?" Spike asked.

"Yep," Applejack said. She put the cart puller onto her back and started walking back to the castle. The route that Twilight had chosen would pass by Sugarcube Corner and Carousel Boutique.

I wonder if that's a coincidence or not, Applejack thought. Twi might want Spike to see how much he's being appreciated by Pinkie's party and possible the clothes. And if not, Ah think Ah'll try and show him. As she turned a corner, Spike asked "What's that noise?"

"That's the party that Pinkie has been throwing in your honer. It's got to be one of the longest she's thrown," Applejack said. "Probably the longest."

"How long has it been going?" Spike asked.

"It started the day after your funeral," Applejack said.

"Wow, that is a long time," Spike said.

"What can Ah say? You were likable!" Applejack said as they passed Sugarcube Corner.

"Wow, Pinkie doesn't look to good," Spike said.

"You're able to see under the tarp?" Applejack asked.

"A little bit," Spike said. "So, I'm guessing We're going by Rarity's boutique next, aren't we? Lets get this over with."

Author's Note:

Sorry I haven't posted this chapter in a while, I've been busy with school and posting chapters to other stories.