• Published 7th Mar 2016
  • 1,945 Views, 17 Comments

"NO! NOT AGAIN!" - Dr Atlas



"Chysalis, we love you, but we are NOT fillynapping another princess!"

  • ...
5
 17
 1,945

Bad Timing

Author's Note:

Fun fact: In folkloar, Changelings are creatures that fairies replace with stolen babies.
I guess that's kinda why I'm hoping this will happen in season six

“Uh...Your majesty, I wouldn’t suggest going in there.”

“Doc, she’s my wife, I’m sure I can-”

The pony stepped closer to Shining, hoping their conversation was being heard by their ears alone. “I really wouldn’t suggest going in there, your majesty.”

Shining rolled his eyes. “It’s just been a couple hours, she’s gotta feel better by now.”

“Sir, you do know how the delivery went, right?”

Shining chuckled. “Yeah, I do. You know, it’s pretty interesting to see just how strong a mare can choke ya with her magic, isn’t it?”

The doctor shook his head. “If you thought it was strong during, you wouldn’t even begin to imagine how strong it is afterwards.”

Shining laughed. “Really, how strong can it get?”

“Let’s just say a mare’s magic after childbirth can be very...unstable. I’m honestly surprised the whole building stayed up during the procedure.”

“Listen, doctor. She’s my wife. I can handle myself.”

The doctor shrugged. “Very well, but I warned you, sir.” He made his way down the hallway, not even bothering to look back.

Shining turned to the door and smiled, knowing that behind it was his wife on a hospital bed. He knocked on the door. “Hey, Cadance, you doing okay in there?”

*CRACK*

Shining managed to dodge the magic blast by inches as it blasted through the door and hit the wall on the opposite end, causing a crack to form. Shining gulped and said, “U-Uh...I-I guess I’ll, uh, leave you be...f-for now…” Shining then backed away slowly before turning tail and run away from-

“OW!”

Shining fell to the floor, rubbing his head and sitting back up. “Ugh...w-what the hay did I...I-I…” Shining tilted his head, seeing that the doctor from before had come back, with something wrapped in a bundle on his back. “Doctor?”

“Well well well,” The doc said, getting up from his fall as well. “if it ain’t the prince himself…”

Shining looked back and forth. “Uh...yeah, it’s me. Um, why are you back here, and...what’s in your back?”

The pony looked down and sighed. “I’m here to give you this, unfortunately…” The doctor reached behind his back and presented what he was holding in his hooves to Shining. The white stallion gasped once he saw what was in the ponies possession.

“M-My filly!” Shining yelled, recognizing the pink filly wrapped up in the blanket. “Why do you have her!? She should be-”

“Why did you have her to begin with?” The pony asked, still glaring at Shining. “Are you trying to make our lives a living Tartarus, cause that place is horrible to spend the night in.”

“Wha...What are you talking about?”

The pony narrowed his eyes. “Oh, you know exactly what I’m talking about.” He adjusted his posture and started walking to Cadance’s room. “I’m guessing your wife's in here?”

Shining held up his hoof. “W-Wait, why are you going back in, you told me she's not happy right now, and you're absolutely correct!”

The doctor rolled his eyes. “Oh, please, I’ve dealt with an angry mare all my life, I can handle another.” The second he opened the door, a blast of magic came his way, luckily, he managed to dodge it and land inside, the child still in his hooves.

Shining’s eyes went wide as he ran in the room, seeing Cadance laying in her bed with a flaring horn ready to shoot again. “W-Wait!” Shining shouted. “Cadance, h-he has our child!”

Cadance’s eyes went wide and her horn toned down. “H-He does!?”

The doc managed to stand up, the filly still in his arms. “Y-Yah...you’re lucky you’re a horrible shot.”

“What are you doing?” Cadance asked, thankful she missed the pony and her newborn. “Flurry Heart should be with Twilight right now.”

“And what are you doing here in the first place?” Shining asked. “You should be-”

“I think it’s time I ask questions now!” The doctor shut the door, the alicorn filly still in his arms. “What’s your problem!? HUH!? First you make us plan out the worst planed...plan in the history of our kind, and now you’re making us do an even worse one!? Why don’t you just come to our home and burn us down if you hate us this much.”

Shining was beyond confused by the words this doctor was saying. “W-What the hay are you talking about!?”

“What do you think I’m talking about?” The pony asked. “I’m talking about-”

“Give me my filly!” Cadance screamed.

Shining flinched at her words while the pony facehoofed. “Listen, pink pony, it’s not-”

“NOW!!!” Both males stepped back from her outburst, her eye twitched and her horn started fizzing with the intent to blast the nearest pony.

“Okay, fine, here’s your child.” The doctor then walked up to Cadance and set the filly on her stomach. Cadance clutching it with her arms the second he let go. “S’not like you’ll want it in a couple minutes.”

“What are you talking about?” Shining said. “Why wouldn’t we want to hold our filly?”

“Really? You still haven’t noticed?” The doc chuckled and sat down. “The queen was right, you really are dumber than you look.”

“HEY!”

“Queen?” Cadance adjusted herself, still holding the filly. “W-What queen?”

“The one, and probably only, queen you two have encountered, the queen that was blasted clear across Equestria like the rest of her kind, the queen that’s now sitting at home and eating comfort food because of what happened, the queen that’s looking at all her subjects in both sadness and anger.” The pony stood up. “You know exactly who I’m talking about.”

Shining tapped his chin while Cadance’s eyes went wide. “Uh…” Shining shrugged. “It kinda rings a bell.”

“Queen Chrysalis!” Cadance said in shock. “T-that means t-that...y-you’re...you’re-”

The imposter pony erupted in green fire before Cadance could say another word, after a few seconds, the fire died down and a black, blue eyed, hole filled, fanged creature stood tall, the doctor's coat still on him. “Ta da…” He said with no enthusiasm in his voice.

Shining’s jaw dropped. “Ch-CHANGELI-”

The bug immediately ran up to him and covered his mouth with his hole filled hoof. “Shut it! You want my cover to be blown even more?”

Shining shoved him off with ease and backed up to the side of Cadance’s bed. “Oh, I’ll blow more than your cover if you don’t tell me what’s going on!”

The bug blinked. “Uh...what?”

“How did you get your filthy hooves on our child!?” Cadance yelled, holding the filly even closer.

“It’s not your kid.” The changeling clapped his hooves, a blazing fire then erupted from the blanket that held the filly. Cadance was on the verge of screaming when she saw a small hatchling was now in her grasp. “It’s ours.”

“T-that’s not my filly!” Shining yelled, he then turned to the changeling and charged right at him, pinning him against a wall. “You better answer my questions, bug! Before I-”

“My name’s Shawn…” The bug pointed out, getting sick of being called by his kind. “And the hatchling’s name is pat.”

Shining glared at him.“Okay...Why are you here, Shawn?”

“Uh...hello!” Shawn pointed at the hatchling, still trying it’s best to disguise as the couple’s newborn daughter by flaming certain parts of its body, getting the wings and lower half wrong. “Bug queen wanted us to switch Pat with your kid while we take the kid...or, just me, in this case.”

“Y-You were trying to ponynap our daughter!” Cadance yelled, part of her wanting to throw the changeling away from her while the other reminded her it was an infant.

“Yeah, trying.” Shawn emphasized. “Like we’d actually have a chance of pulling this off again.” He looked at Shining. “Can you let me go, please.”

Shining would’ve thrown him across the room, but he was still curious as to why this changeling was here. “So, you came here to steal another pony for your plan to take over Equestria, is that it?”

Once Shining let go of him, Shawn adjusted his coat and said, “Pretty much. I mean, what else do changelings do? Talk?” He chuckled sadly.

The couple looked at each other, a little confused by this. “Wait, if you came in here to take the kid, why did you-”

“I lost it, okay!” Shawn stomped the ground. “The second I saw one of the ponies who launched us clear across Equestria and starve us for months, I lost it. What the hay would you do!?”

Cadance had to say it. “You’re still mad at us, aren't you?

Shawn looked right at her. “I knew the second I’d bumped into that husband of yours, the plan failed, so, yeah, I gave up and told you everything.”

“But you might’ve had a chance.” Cadance pointed out. “There’s gotta be another reason.”

“Yeah, why tell us and not take the kid? W-Were you just looking for a fight?” Shining went into combat stance. “Because I’m ready to-”

“Shining, take a look at me.” Shawn threw off the lab coat, showing his bare body to the couple. “Does it seriously look like I’m ready to fight?”

“Uh…” Shining could already tell he would win, the changeling’s body looked like it hadn't eaten in a long time. “You guys have ribs too?”

Shawn crossed his arms over his ribs that were poking out inside his skin. “It’s not just my ribcage showing…” He held up his arm. “Take a look at what some of us are going through now.”

Shining looked closely at the hole filled arm, not seeing a difference since the last time he saw them. “Uh, you still have holes?”

Shawn glared at him. “No...we have more, more than usual.” He then pointed at a couple rows of holes. “these showed up almost half a year ago.” He pointed at his legs. “I have seven instead of four on each leg.” He patted his left shoulder. “and they’re starting to spread up to my shoulders.” Shawn sighed. “We’re getting hungrier and hungrier by the day, and because of it, the queen is practically forcing us to take a child away from a prince and princess that almost killed us off.”

Both ponies flinched at his harsh words. “How did you even know about our child?” Shining asked. “I mean, she was just born a little while ago.”

Shawn shrugged. “Good timing? I dunno, apparently one of our scouts found out about you having a baby a couple months ago, and the queen decided to keep it a surprise until a week before delivery.” He smiled smugly. “We’re pretty good at knowing when a filly or colt is being born. Even though you ponies take such a long time to make one.”

Shining tilted his head. “How’d you find out, though?”

Shawn’s face went deadpan. “The bug could hear you yelling about it from his position, and he was on the outskirts of town.”

“Oh...r-right.” Shining smiled nervously while Cadance glared at him.

“Let me get this straight.” Cadance pointed at the hatchling, who was currently chewing her hair. “You found out about our kid, waited several months until she was born, and planned to replace her with a changeling the day of her birth so you could take it for your own evil plan?”

"Read like a plan on a paper..." Shawn covered his face with his hooves. “Ya know, I didn’t want to do this anyway, which is kinda why I...told you everything."

Cadance noticed the hatchling assaulting her hair and pulled him away. “If you didn’t want to do it, then why are you here?”

Shawn groaned. “It’s a loooong story…”

Shining crossed his arms. “I suggest you tell it before I call the guards.”

Shawn dragged his hoof across his face, knowing he had no choice. “Alright, okay. Here’s how it happened...I was at the table, chatting amongst my fellow group of bugs…”