• Published 27th Jul 2016
  • 3,816 Views, 51 Comments

THE CRUSHING MOON - The oracle



when it comes to her lovers, nightmare is obsessive and persistant. So what happens when she falls in love with twilight from the main timeline? She chases her with her persanol hit squad of course.

  • ...
15
 51
 3,816

Return, and rowdy nightmares

As twilight scrambled out of the crackling, purple portal that opened up outside of her castle, she quickly closed it behind it behind her. She got up and saw her friends rushing towards her, bombarding her with questions like ' Where have you been twilight' and ' why have you been gone for six months?'

She gasped for air and rainbow dash told all of them to back up. Twilight opened the doors to the castle and said " I will explain everything at dinner. I need some time to rest." As they helped her inside the castle, what they didn't notice was the small black portal opening up for a second, or the figures slinking in the background.

THREE HOURS LATER

As they sat at the table, celestia and luna arrived and asked if twilight was alright after her journey. Applejack replied " I don't know princess. She said she would explain at dinner, and that's about an hour away."

They heard the faint whoosh of magic and saw a feast on a long table. They both looked at Luna who simply said " Dinner is now. Please go wake her up."

After she was woken up, and they sat at the table, Celestia decided to deal with the elephant in the room.

" Twilight," she started " I know your journey has been a long and tiring one, and after dinner I fully support you getting some rest, but we need to know where you have been the past few months. Luna has already explained what caused you to leave, saying it was a dimension spell gone wrong, but where have you been I believe is the question."

Twilight yawned and said " Alright, I was in a dimension where Nightmare moon ruled Equestria with an iron hoof."

Rarity gasped and said " That must have been horrible to see to see all of those poor ponies suffering."

Twilight said " Strangely, none of them were unhappy with her rule. The only reason I regretted it was because for some reason, this nightmare fell in love with me."

The spitting of 7 various mouths could be heard. She said " Yeah, that was my reaction as well, and when I told her to buck off, she would just laugh, and say something about not losing me again. Eventually, she grew kind of clingy, and just stayed with me at all times. When I escaped, she yelled that she would follow me no matter where I went. But she should have trouble doing that seeing how I closed the portal before she came out. Besides, Its not like she can just follow me out of her dimension right?"

Luna wrapped a comforting wing around twilight, and said " No, that would require that she have someone on this side of the portal, so you should be safe."

Just as if fate decided to laugh in their face, they heard a deep gruff voice from the other end of the room they were in, saying " Or we just need a tracker device on the object we are trying to find."

They turned their heads towards the source of the voice, with twilight whispering to herself " No, it cant be. He shouldn't be here."

A figure in dark armour with a cresent moon on the breast plate stepped forward. Twilight fearfully whispered, " Shadow sentry."

He took off his pitch black helment, and said with a sadistic grin " I am afraid that the queen requires your presence, Twilight sparkle."

She teleported in front of shadow, and yelled " I am never going back! Do you hear me! Never!"

A voice called out from the dark, " Twilight, twilight, twilight, you think you have a choice in the matter. I must say, it's quite cute." Three mares stepped out behind sentry, and twilight turned pale.

" No, she sent you four?" she whispered.

He said " Did you really think she would send anypony but the best to get you back? If you did, you are a fool."

Luna looked at twilight and asked " Twilight, who are they?"

Twilight glanced at her and said in a wavering voice " They are nightmare's personal guard, known as the shadow four." As one of them flew forward, she took off her helmet, revealing a familiar rainbow mane.

She looked at her and said " You surprisingly weren't hard to find. I thought it would take us a couple of weeks to find you, but heh. U'll take an evening over a week." She looked next to twilight and saw this worlds rainbow dash rushing towards her. She smirked and stopped flying. When rainbow dash flew over her, she gave a quick buck in the stomach, sending her towards the ceiling. As this worlds rainbow fell to the floor, shadow dash looked at her with scorn, and said " Not even military trained? How pathetic." She turned her head, and yelled "Commander Rarity, your orders?"

A mare with three stripes, and a crescent moon on her helmet stepped forward, and spoke in a regal tone, " Twilight sparkle, I have been ordered Queen Nightmare to bring you back with no life threatening injuries. I have also been told to try to talk you into coming back, but if I need to, I have been permission to to use force. Will you come willingly or not?"

Twilight sighed, and was considering stepping forward so her friends would be spared from being injured in a fight, but she heard her friends rising from her chair, and saw pinkie stand beside her. " Are you crazy? We would never let you take twilight!"

Shadow rarity smiled, and said" I thought you would say that, so I made sure to have all the shadow four. Pinkamena, please show your counterpart some manners."

A earth pony with straight hair stepped forward, and took off her helmet. As she stared at pinkie pie, she said out of the blue, " So, are you a element bearer, cause you don't look the part. You look more like a overweight baker than a hero. I bet the moment they called on you to fight a villain, you immediately started snacking to hide your fear. You are nothin." she finished with a growl.

Pinkie started to make a sobbing noise in the back of her throat, and burst into tears, and said " You're meanie!"

Pinkamena snarled and said " Life is tough. Get used to it."

Shadow rarity patted her on the back and said" Thank you pinkamena." She looked at twilight and said " If you don't want us to continue, then just take one step forward. If not, stay where you are."

As twilight was about to make a decision, Celestia spoke up. " You will not take my student, no, my friend from me."

Shadow rarity tossed her hair to one side, and said in a menecing tone " So be it." The rest of the shadow four lined up next to her as she barked out a order. " Shadow squadron, attack!"