• Published 22nd Apr 2021
  • 2,466 Views, 80 Comments

I summon... - Xinrick

  • ...
11
 80
 2,466

Chapter 5:SCP edition

Author's Note:

Hello, yes, at Bio's idea, I decided to add SCP to this story. Don't worry, it won't overshadow the main point of the story, there will be elements of SCP and all that nonsense, but the main portion, being about Yugioh and the like, will be the main focus.

Sunset and I spent HOURS fighting these monsters and we barely made a dent. The ones we killed thankfully didn't come back but we eventually had to stop, running back to the castle and rest.

We were laid on Princess Celestia's bed. It was huge, and very comfy. "For fucks sake…" Sunset groaned, rubbing her horn. Apparently using too many spells at once can overheat the horn, and lead to magic burnout where trying to use magic literally burns and even chars the horn. It's recoverable, if painful. "My horn hasn't felt this sore since I was first learning under Celestia…"

"And I've…literally never felt this exhausted…" I sighed, having learned that I need to envision the cards in my mind, slam my hooves down, and that's how I indeed summon my monsters or cast spells, and boy did that suck. "Couldn't they have…given us less monsters to deal with?"

"I doubt they care…" Sunset sighed as she rolled herself into her back. She looked around the room for a while. "Huh. Her bedroom hasn't changed much." Sunset said.

“Really?” I inquired.

"Yeah. Sheets are different but aside from that I only see a few new books on her shelf there and some extra framed photos." She said, looking around. "Looks basically the same as when I was last here. I know it hasn't been that long but… I dunno. Still feels different."

“I understand.” I nodded. “Thing’s can feel a lot different when you’ve been doing…a lot of other things.”

"It honestly feels like yesterday I ran through that portal. Never expected to be back in Equestria to be honest. Let alone so soon." Sunset said with a sigh as she rolled back onto her belly. "I imagine not long after I left she found a new student…"

“I’m pretty sure she still regrets you running away.” I answered simply. “Cause from what little I’ve heard about her from you, and what I can gather from Principal Celestia…she cares way too much about her students…”

"I know… still, I know by now she has another. Part of an old law of agreement she had to follow back when the three tribes were separated and still fighting one another."

“Twilight?” I jokingly suggested.

"What? Her pony counterpart? If that is the case I'll wear full sets of clothes in the apartment for a week." Sunset said with a sigh. "Whoever they are, I hope they don't end up as self entitled and mean as I was…"

“All things considered, Celestia might have taken your actions as a lesson, and tried to take steps into having that not happen.” I answered.

"Maybe." Sunset said as she buried her face into the blankets.

I wrapped my hooves around my exhausted girlfriend and held her close. “Just take your time…”

At some point we fell asleep like that, only awakened by the sound of something falling over. We both sat up, expecting to see some monster and…

It was a Phoenix, perched on a shelf across the room.

"Philomena!" Sunset said as she jumped out of the bed, the flaming bird cooing happily at her sight.

“Well…glad they missed someone here.” I smiled softly. “So, a phoenix is Celestia’s friend here? That’s good to know.”

"Her pet. Princess Celestia hatched Philomena from an egg, and being a phoenix is just as long lived as she is. Where were you when all this happened?" Sunset asked the bird.

Philomena cooed and squacked a few times.

"Oh, castle dungeon hunting rats. Fair. Pretty sure you've managed to haunt the Canterlot mice and rat populations for generations." Sunset said, and I swear that bird laughed evilly.

“Never thought I would have heard a bird laugh evilly.” I chuckled.

She squacked again, motioning to me.

"Philomena, this is Mike. He's my friend and mate." Sunset said, giving me a quick kiss.

Philomena proceeded to give a familiar cat call of a whistle.

"Yes, yes we do and that's none of your fiery feathered butt's business."

I blushed a bit at the insinuation. “I really don’t need to hear the magic bird talking about our sex life.”

"Don't worry, only Princess Celestia and I can understand her. The princess can because she's raised Philomena from a hatchling so their thematic auras are really well aligned and I can understand her because since the Princess has raised me since I was a young filly mine became aligned into the same general wave lengths hers and Philomena."

“Fair enough.” I said. “But you know…when the bird cat calls I can immediately assume…”

"Yeah, Philomena is just teasing. She and the Princess both love to tease and pull pranks."

“I can imagine.” I sighed. “So, besides the whole ‘death and rebirth’ thing, what’s special about Phoenix’s here?”

"Aside from that, she can also breath fire and burn hot enough to melt most common metals."

"So we have Pojo as a party member, that's fantastic." I chuckled, seeing the Phoenix's eyes widen a bit at hearing the name. "Oh…you know who Pojo is?"

They chirped and squawked at that.

"Pojo was said to be a mystical chicken that helped a group of adventurers take down a dangerous demon lord thousands of years ago." Sunset answered for me.

"Well…really shouldn't be surprised a fictional character is real here…" I muttered.

"Well, at least Philomena can help. So, wanna grab some food? I know where Celestia keeps her favorite snacks."

"Yes please." I said happily. "Let's see what wonderful snacks the princess has to offer."

With a smirk Sunset used her horn and horn lit up, pulling a nearby wall painting, turning it sideways. The part of the wall it was on them opened up into a doorway. Walking in we were greeted by a cooled, almost refrigerated room filled with shelves each holding many sweets. Cookies, cupcakes, whole and sliced cakes. Bowls of puddings, many jars of candy, ice cream in ten gallon tubs and enough milk in gallon jugs to make a herd of the bovines faint.

"I present to you, Princess Celestia's personal stash." Sunset said with a wave of her hoof.

"How in the world…" I muttered in awe. "I've…now seen Candy Land…and it's awesome."

"Heh, kinda." Sunset shrugged.

As a kid I would have killed to have access to this many unlimited sweets. It was a buffet of all the things that keep a dentist up at night with nightmares. And I loved it.

To say I pigged out would be an understatement. When I was finally done, frosting, sugar and milk stained the fur around my lips and I sat awaiting the diabetic coma to take me away.

"I am satisfied…" I said in pure sugar induced bliss.

"I'm amazed you ate so much. You hardly ever eat sweets back at the apartment." Sunset said as she was eating some cookies with milk.

"Because I didn't want to waste money on sweets when we were having money problems, plus…well I didn't want to restart a habit…" I said nervously.

"Bad habit? Mike, did you used to be chubby?" Sunset asked with a devilish smirk.

"No actually, just uh…I had a bad snacking habit." I said nervously. "Never got fat somehow, just…yeah, a bad snacking habit…always needed a drink with some taste in it and…way too many chip bags…"

"Hm, sounds like Mana Development Growth Spurt." Sunset hummed.

"Wait…what?" I blinked. "How does a bad snacking habit when I was on my earth mean I'm getting Mana?"

"I didn't say that I just said it sounded like it. Here on Equestria foals go through two types of growth spurts. The physical ones which is self explanatory, and the magic ones. Pegasi and Earth Ponies experience these most often from as early as six months to well into their early twenties. Our internal magic supply is what we use to effect the external magic of the world. Unicorns experience this later in life and it technically doesn't stop if they're a constant spellcaster. The more spells one learns and casts the more our bodies grow internal magic supplies and when that happens we eat a lot. Part of why sugar is in almost everything we eat here. It's a rapid boost to our internal magics. Princess Celestia gets a bad rap at times for eating so many sweets constantly, but she is an Alicorn, and from what little on Alicorns is known, her internal mana is growing constantly and she moves the sun and moon every day. Gotta keep up her mana somehow."

The idea that sugar is basically an Ether here made me chuckle.

"Well, that both explains a lot, and explains Pinkie that's for sure." I brought up.

"I can only imagine her counterpart here in Equestria." Sunset chuckled.

"Oh God, considering all the sweets Celestia has to eat? I'm sure Pinkie's peering into some fourth dimensional sugar rush." I laughed.

"Heh. Maybe. Well, let's digest for a while cause I doubt you're moving anytime soon and we can't fight monsters when our stomach's threaten to return the meals in combat."

"Sugar coma will embrace me, and it'll be awesome." I chuckled.

"Sugar coma?"

"Either that or Diabetic Coma, either or has been said." I shrugged. "And to clarify, it's just me passing out from all the wonderful sugar and sweets I had."

"Dia-what now?"

I sighed. "Diabetes is an illness where a person's body doesn't make enough insulin in there body and can't regulate blood sugar levels properly." I explained, not believing I have to explain this to Sunset.

"That's… not an issue ponies have." She stated. "Our bodies convert sugar into mana and anything excess just ends up at fat. Is that a human only disease?"

“I don’t know at this point because everything is real.” I shrugged.

We climbed back into the oversized bed of Celestia's and slept off all those sweets. When we woke back up we woke up some before heading back out to fight more monsters.


“It's all Monsters?" Twilight asked us. After our second venture fighting the seemingly unending hoards of monsters in Canterlot, Sunset and I returned home, and collapsed on the sofa.

School was a blur of tiredness and when it was finally over we came to the Bunker.

“Yes…it’s all monsters…” I groaned. “And while I’d like to use some of my more heavy hitting monsters…I’d rather not accidentally level the entire capital…”

"To make it worse they also clearly go passed the Canterlot border. Saw some along the railroads out and into the capitol. So they'll be all over Equestria…" Sunset groaned.

"Sounds like you two need an army." Wallflower said, eating a bowl of popcorn.

“That would be awesome, but I need people here to protect the town because those monster attacks won’t end, I have yet to face any of the Monarch’s that could help me gather said forces…and that’s going to be a bitch and a half to deal with…and I’d kinda rather not have that world’s Celestia, a being that literally control’s the sun and moon, to get pissed at a supposed ‘invasion force’ by humanity…” I whined.

"Hmm… maybe we can… I dunno. Raid the royal guard armory?" Sunset offered.

“And what would be in their armory?” I inquired. “Also…another point, I’m not sure how other humans would react to the mirror…”

"Probably panic. We're good at that." Wallflower said.

"Large religious groups would call for a biblical cleansing of Equestria or destruction of the mirror most likely." Twilight added.

"No offense… but humans suck…" Sunset huffed.

“Yes they do.” I sighed. “But there’s still good in humanity, even if there’s massive problems with it.”

"More problems than good I'd say…" Wallflower grumbled as she ate her popcorn.

"I might be able to call in some favors?" Twilight offered. "One of my regulars are used to strange and abnormal stuff."

“And who would that be?” I inquired.

"Legally I can't say. Otherwise that'd breach our contract and then they'll kill you all, my parents and brother, haul me away to work for them and erase my existence from public records."

"What the fuck?" Wallflower asked. "Wait…" Wallflower stood up and ran over to Twilight and whispered something to her.

"Wait, how do you know them?" Twilight asked, Wallflower whispered something back. "No fucking way… well that actually makes a little sense given your parents are never home…"

"Uh… do we wanna know?" Sunset asked.

"Later." Wallflower said. "Apparently Twilight and I have some calls to make."

“Fantastic…” I sighed. “Well, at least we’ll be getting help…but let me guess…these ‘mystery folk’ are Wallflower’s parents, or they work for some weird Men In Black style organization that thinks murder is super cool to silence people instead of erasing memories.”

"Eh, normally they'd erase your memories but given I've heard mom talk about how much Twi here, or, 'The Builder' is of value to them… yeah. They'd be giving the ethics committee the middle.finger to get her to work full time." Wallflower said.

And so Wallflower and Twilight made some calls. Half an hour later, heavily armored guards each sporting Glocks and P90's entered the Bunker along with a woman in a lab coat. She had the same hair and skin tone as Wallflower. "Hey mom." Wallflower waved.

"Hi sweetie!" Her mother waved back. I noticed she was wearing some chain necklace but It was mostly hidden in her shirt. "So, these are the friends you told me about?"

"Yup." Wallflower nodded.

"And why didn't you tell me about there being a portal to another dimension filled with talking horses? You know that's on my bingo card."

"Honestly? I'd rather not have to move towns again and change names… again!"

"Wait so Wallflower isn't your name?" Sunset asked.

"Well, legally it is now but if you must know my name among the… Foundation mom works for, my birth name is Jesse Bright…"

My eyes immediately widened at hearing that. “No…no no no…” I shook my head quickly. “You’ve…you’ve gotta be kidding me…” I whined. “And I was about to call it by saying ‘Chainsaw’s aren’t the solution’...” I covered my face, not believing we were getting help from them of all organizations.

"Chainsaws are a solution and… how do you know about that?" Wallflower's mom, or rather, the ever essential Dr. Jack Bright asked.

All the guards immediately raised their guns.

"At ease MTFucks." Wallflower huffed, that made them lower the guns. "Sunset is from said world with talking ponies and Mike here is from a different world similar to ours but was just sent here by some gods having a laugh."

"Huh… Cleff owes me forty dollars." Jack smirked.

“Also, to correct Wallflower here…the being’s that sent me here are…the thing’s God’s pray to.” I answered nervously. “But yeah…I know about your Foundation because…well in my world, you all are a work of fiction.” I pointed carefully. “And how I know the Chainsaw bit…well, one of the most common topics is ‘shit Dr. Bright’s not allowed to do’, like Chainsaw cannon’s and porn.” I said. “But…well, the internet decided to do what Dr. Bright couldn’t, which is make SCP porn.”

"Wait… I have fans?! Haha! O5-3 can eat me out, I knew it!"

Wallflower rolled her eyes. "Anyways mom. We need help, this other world has been overrun by monsters, all the inhabitants put inside cards, and of course Mike here needs to beat some other dimensional spirit rulers or something and free them."

"Uh huh. And what will the Foundation get out of this?" Jack asked.

"Well, Equestria is rich in magic and magical knowledge. Potions, weapons, armors, enchantments-"

"We can do all that already." Jack waved off.

"But how long does it take?" Sunset asked.

"Hmm… well, reinforcement runes on armor takes maybe a few hours per suit…"

"Equestria's novice enchanters could enchant ten of your suits a minute and master level ones can enchant hundreds with multiple all at once."

That made Bright smirk. "Keep talking."

"There's also a lot of resources. Once she's free I imagine Princess Celestia will be more than grateful for your aid and allow trade freely between your organization and Equestria."

"Hmmm. Past experiences tell me that's a bad idea… but, Fuck it. Like I ever make good decisions."

“Also, just want to point out that these monsters aren’t like anything the Foundation has seen.” I brought up. “Considering their creatures brought here from being’s known as ‘All Makers’ and wherever the hell they come from…”

"Can they die?" Jack asked.

"Well, yeah Mike and I spent most of yesterday killing a bunch of them." Sunset answered.

"Then that's all I care to know. I'm gonna just let the O5 council know and get a few MTF's here."

"You're gonna turn this Bunker into a research station aren't you?" Wallflower asked.

"Most likely."

“Gonna have to ask Merchant if that’s okay…” I said carefully. “So…awesome, we now have an army to save a world, and others that can help keep this place safe…though I now have a very bad feeling about all of this…”

"It's the SCP foundation kid. You should always have a bad feeling." Jack said as they pulled out a Cellphone… one shaped like an actual banana.


The next week was… Interesting.

The Bunker was remodeled into a laboratory, the statue and mirror portal was moved here, replaced by an exact replica, and Sunset, Adagio, Aria, Sonata and I were enrolled as our own MTF force, though apparently Jack had to pull a lot of string to not have us all classified as SCP's…

"So wait, Jack… is the necklace?" Sunset asked.

"Kinda. The necklace holds their soul and consciousness. When put on a body the former person who owned said body is breaking dead. After a month mom's soul and consciousness permanently imprints onto the new body. They usually keep the necklace on them and should they die they'll be put into a new body. Usually an unlucky death row inmate."

"So… the body they birthed you in is…"

"I dunno. Mom doesn't keep track but it's her longest so far, lasting them little over twenty years. Whoever the body belonged to before I think mom said they were child trafficker."

"I… don't honestly know how to feel about that but… okay?"

"So who's your dad?" Aria asked.

"Don't know. Maybe mom said she was wasted at a party outside the foundation, and a month later, boom, I'm growing in her." Wallflower replied.

“The entire…Bright story is weird…” I answered nervously. “And whenever you hear ‘shit Dr. Bright’s not allowed to do’, it’s because their immortal, don’t have to care, and are just…the ‘fun’ kind of batshit insane sometimes.”

"Yeah. I heard a lot of stories about mom from before I was born." Wallflower nodded.

"So, if everyone in your family has weird powers, do you have any?" Adagio asked.

"Nope. Aside from Auntie I'm the only Bright without some weird ability or something. Whole family couldn't be happier."

“From what I can remember…yeah, that’s probably a good thing.” I said nervously. “Now…problem…how much has Twilight been funding all the other factions?”

"Oh my other clients were the UIU and GOC." Twilight said.

"And because of that Twilight, or, The Builder, was more or less dubbed one of the few Joint Assets between the Foundation and those others." Wallflower said.

“Honestly surprised Twilight hasn’t worked for the Church of the Broken God to literally fix the entire thing.” I joked.

"They tried. I promptly gave them a hard no and told them to shove their spark plugs where the sun don't shine." Twilight said.

"Really?" Wallflower asked with a smirk.

"Yeah. One of them tried to intimidate me and dad promptly showed them what a fifteen year veteran Marine can do when you threaten their family."

"How was he not recruited?" Wallflower asked.

"He actually was contacted by the Foundation, UIU and GOC, but declined them all cause mom was pregnant with my older brother Shining Armor. They left a means of reaching them and when I came along and had an IQ of 340 at age six, he and mom set up the arrangements I enjoy today." Twilight informed.

"340?!" Aria said in shock.

"That was when I was five. It's 980 now." Twilight said with a smirk.

"You sure your brain isn't Anomalys?" Wallflower asked.

"I don't know. Maybe? Would explain my inhuman intelligence." Twilight shrugged.

"Your pony counterpart is probably the same or similar…" Sunset sighed.

“One thing I didn’t think would be happening in my life…is literally being involved with the SCP Foundation…” I frowned. “And what about you three? Did any of you know about this?” I inquired the Sirens.

"We've seen a lot of shit but anything that- Wait… were you the ones who got rid of that fucking statue?" Adagio asked.

"173, yes, you know of it?"

"Survived it actually. Let's just say we used to enjoy life in a small Norse village in America before Columbus came along and the reason it wasn't there was that abomination of evil…" Adagio shivered.

"Snap…" Sonata said with a haunting look on her face.

"Oh quit that I still get nightmares…" Aria added.

“Oh by the way, did it look different than the giant peanut?” I inquired, having heard some stuff about needing to change it due to some reasons behind ‘not using the original photo anymore’.

"We don't wanna talk about it…" The trio said in unison.

“That’s fair.” I nodded. “But yeah…there’s also worse things than that that the Foundation keeps locked away.” I told the three simply.

"Does it stay locked up?" Adagio asked.

"There have been… breaches, but it never escapes the facility itself." Wallflower informed.

"Then all you're doing is giving it what it wants…" Adagio said. "That thing is patient, fast, and way smarter than you'd believe."

“In one story, the fucker is capable of replicating themselves…not sure how or why, but that was just a ‘here’s how they destroy the world’.” I explained.

"That's a nightmare scenario for certain." Wallflower said.

"So, they're examining Mike's cards and Duel Disk, my wand and the mirror. How long until they actually start helping?" Sunset asked.

"It will be a bit I'll admit but it's gonna be better than no help at all."

“Wish they’d hurry up, what if there’s a monster attack and me and Sunset aren’t able to fight?” I inquired.

"Well, if that happens then I guess I could try out the armor. It's basically finished." Twilight commented.

“Really? Thought you were having trouble with some of the parts, including the AI?” I brought up, remembering the last time I checked up on her they had some issues.

"It's been a week. The AI is still a bit buggy but functional and the other stuff is already taken care of."

“Fair enough.” I nodded. “Ya know, for some reason I immediately thought that, if we save an enchanter, we can turn your AI into a Familiar, somehow bypassing all that extra mechanical crap and, in certain cases, have it be able to help us in more situations than just it being a fancy suit.”

"I don't know anything about magic so, if they let me study the subject I can maybe do something like that."

“Considering Celestia might be teaching you personally in the pony version of this world because you’re the closest thing to Brianiac from DC…I’m sure things will work out just fine, and there won’t be any reason why one of the All Maker’s won’t come back and tell us all to stop it…again.”

“It was one time.” Sonata whined.

“And that failed time still gives me nightmares about what could have happened to you.” I huffed.

"Well they aren't doing anything now so I doubt they really care or are concerned." Adagio shrugged. "Not like they can't undo time or whatever to make all this have not happened so far if they wanted."

"Our lives are ridiculously complicated." Sunset huffed.

“And it’s only going to get more complicated because now I have to wonder what ‘stories’ are true and which ones are just a ‘theoretical future’.” I frowned. “Cause boy howdy…is the SCP Foundation’s history an absolute mess…” I shook my head. “I may not know the…thousands upon thousands of the bastards…or what a majority of them do, but the ones I do know are…horrifying.”

“Hence why we like to keep all that secret.” Wallflower said.

We kept sitting around and talking for a while. Eventually a different researcher came in and gave me my decks and dual Disk, and Sunset her wand back.

This researcher was a man, very old, pale gray skin with sunken, tired eyes. His hair all white and falling out. “Sorry for the wait. I am Dr. Kelder. I welcome you all to the Foundation and to your post here as what will now be referred to as Site Pony.”

“Mom named it?” Wallflower asked.

“Yes.” Dr. Kelder said.

“Not surprised.” I rolled my eyes. “So, nice to meet you Dr. Kelder, so what’s on today’s agenda now that you’ve thoroughly went through all our stuff?”

“Well now that I’ve gotten a better understanding of your items it’s time to gather information on this Equestria. I understand Sunset, Aria, Adagio and Sonata are from there.”

“We are. But the information my sisters and I possess is more than outdated.” Adagio said.

“Anything helps. You four, come. Mike, wait here. Someone else will be by shortly.” The girls all left, following him.

I sat and waited for a while. Eventually, an older asian man entered, dressed in the same lab coat as the other. “Mike, correct?” He asked. His hair was a short cut and jet black with brown eyes. He was old, but not yet wrinkled like Dr. Kelder was. Far from it it seemed.

“Yes.” I nodded, having done some light looking through all my decks to see if they put it back together correctly. “It’s nice to meet you Dr…?”

“My name is Dr. Batin Akaal. You can just call me Dr. Akaal.” He said. “I’m here to interview you regarding your prior information of the Foundation and anything regarding other organizations we keep tabs on.”

“Ah, well that should be…simple enough.” I shrugged. “Though I haven’t delved into it in a while, so a bit of thing’s will be shoddy, but hopefully I can explain enough.” I shrugged. “So let’s start with a simple part of it, have you heard of Swann’s Proposal?” I inquired to the good doctor.

“Of course.” He said, taking a seat across from me. “As well as When Day Breaks, The Scarlet King, I know them all. Of course, only one is real. Are you aware of which one is the actual SCP-001?”

“See, where I come from, it’s all ‘story’s’ and ‘speculation’...only, one story ever actually stated ‘this is the real thing’...”

“Being?”

“Well, at least the one that I remember most clearly, it’s The Factory, that is the only one that, to what I remember, was labeled as ‘05’s tale’, talking about how The Factory is the first SCP, a palace that literally created quite a number of SCP’s, and would never be written about because…well, if people knew it’s existence, that would be terrible.” I explained. “But again, this is all based on if SCP 001 is even true to begin with, cause they all could be true, they all could be fake, or as you said, only one is true.”

Dr. Akaal nodded. “I see. Now, aside from the 001 SCP objects, entities and events, what others are you aware of from memory?”

“A lot…” I sighed. “Most off the top of my head are 682, 173, 999, 085…seriously, poor Cassandra…” I shook my head. “1048, 049, 096, 106…2295, 343…” I then just went off and explained like…maybe two, three dozen more SCP’s that were coming to my head. “So…I know a lot, and sadly there’s still thousands upon thousands more that I don’t know about, and probably some that I’m not remembering correctly.”

“Understandable. Majority of these SCP’s require different security levels to even know about so, this has been informative. Now, what about The Foundation itself? How much do you know about us and our inner workings?”

“Well, the Inner Workings are a lot, and I haven’t really seen much talk about it besides what researchers have said during certain ‘journal entries’ at this point…” I sighed. “But…while there’s a lot to it, I can sum it up with ‘It’s the Men in Black without morals’, from the researching of any and all anomalous and the otherworldly, to the fight to keep a sort of ‘Normalcy’ to the world, to the super secret board meeting’s of people that probably think all the bureaucracy and paperwork is actually fun even if there’s a reason for it.” I explained carefully.

“Heh. Well, yes I suppose. Once long ago we did work without any real morals or ethics. Hence why we now have an Ethics Committee that oversees humane treatment over D-class, Researchers and MTF agents, even the anomalies themselves if they are cooperative and non-threatening.” Dr. Akaal informed. “They are basically the HR department.”

“Good to know they have an HR department.” I chuckled. “That’ll be helpful for any…therapy needed…”

“We do in fact offer an extensive mental health package as well as physical health benefits. Our line of work can be taxing. Deadly enough are the majority of the items and entities in containment, last thing we need is our workers killing themselves now.”

“And this is why 999 exist.” I chuckled. “To show that there is still good and warmth in the world.”

“Among others.” He agreed. “Now then. What about Organizations outside ours? What of them do you know? And how many?”

“There’s probably more that I don’t know, but what I do know is Doctor Wondertainment, Chaos Insurgency, Church of the Broken God, GOC, Sarkic Cults, The Serpents Hand, Shark Punching Center…and only one that sounds vaguely familiar is the The Three Moon’s Initiative but I don’t know why.” I shook my head. “And also…don’t remember the name, but whatever Organization was working for the Scarlet King cause I’m sure that’s a thing, but I don’t remember the name.”

“I see. And I’m guessing you only know them by name and not their inner workings?”

“Well, I do know a bit about them besides their names.” I said simply. “But sadly probably not much on their ‘inner workings’...though with the Sarkic Cult, I really don’t want to know…” I shuddered at that disgusting meat cult.

“That is fair. They are arguably the… more deranged and degenerative of the groups. This has been informative Mike. One last thing.” He said, pulling out some papers, a pen and an ink pad from his coat. “I’ll need you to fill these out. Just some basic work contracts, benefits packages and such. And on the last one you will need to use your fingerprints over a signature. Ensures you enter the security system and your Access card will be given to you in a few hours.”

“Well, best form of an NDA I suppose.” I shrugged, deciding to read through it just in case, cause even if I wouldn’t understand some of the legal language nonsense, I can still understand the ‘here’s your benefits and here’s the parts where you’re not allowed to say anything’.

It all was oddly basic as far as I can tell. Failure to keep secret any SCP documentation, objects and entities via word of mouth, official or copied documents, photographs, video, recordings, ect will result in suspension, termination or demotion to D-class staff for a period of time based on the offense. Bla, bla, bla, woah!

Medical covers everything. I could go in for stage four cancer and come out fully recovered! Even dental!

Mental health leave is paid at half-pay. Hourly pay is-

Hold… The Fuck… Up…

Is it even legal to be paid that much an hour? That’s like… a lot…

“That…” I muttered. “That’s…a lot of money…how and why?” I asked incredulously. “I…I didn’t think that many zero’s could fit in an hourly wage…”

“Well, the risk factor to ones health and life are, of course, lethal and a constant threat to one's own life and others, so an hourly pay of three hundred and hour is a starting point we find most new recruits jump at. Of course, should you choose to live on site you’ll be paid five hundred an hour and your hours are technically twenty four hours paid a day.”

If they publicly offered paychecks like this back in my world people would so throw themselves to work anywhere within the foundation. People would willingly be D-class if it paid even half this.

“Well…I…still have school to deal with, plus friend’s here…” I said carefully. “Gonna have to stay in my apartment with…my growing harem apparently…” I muttered. “Uh…because of a…trend that I’m now kinda seeing…should I be scared if I end up dating Dr. Bright’s daughter?”

“If you do, my condolences.” He chuckled.

“Why do you have to say it like that?” I whined.

“Just be happy she doesn’t attend the Family Reunions. Those are a whole S-K-Class scenario in themselves.”

“Does it involve that weird Cicada Cult or did that ever…stop?” I inquired.

“That stopped and mostly it’s a lot of screaming, booze, a few unlucky casualties usually and more bullets, powers and drugs used in a single day than the Foundation typically uses in a year.”

“What is this? A gender reveal party on the fourth of July in texas?” I asked jokingly. “Oh…actually, I just…wow, did I make a joke that’ll probably never happen due to time being different.”

“It has and you can guess who was pregnant and who was the baby.”

I face Palmed… Bright would… they so would…

To be continued...