• Published 22nd Apr 2021
  • 2,465 Views, 80 Comments

I summon... - Xinrick

  • ...
11
 80
 2,465

Chapter 9

The monsters around began gathering. Most looked to be plant or rock themed.

Immediately the MTF agents aimed from the train windows and opened fire. The entities of rock and plant matter were turned to gravel and mulch rapidly. It was very anti climatic, but better than that long and drawn out.

"Find the Rock Monarch and their Vassal and escort Mike here to subdue them." One of them ordered as I walked out the train, Sonata still clung to me like a backpack.

"Right." I nodded as I decided to try a new deck out. "Come on out Lyriluscs!" I called out as I summed and even fuzed some of them to form the nine Lyrulisc sisters, all of them harpy themed monster girls that were all wind attributed music themed monsters.

"Sup boss!" One of the harpies cheered. "What can we do for ya?"

"Mind helping us fight the Rock Monarch?" I asked.

"Sure thing." The brown feathered bird girl said happily.

The harpy girls all flew off looking for the Rock Monarch as I walked behind the MTF agents clearing through the monsters with practiced military precision.

Half an hour later one of the Harpy's came back, telling me the Rock Monarch was apparently in the center of the apple farm that made up a large chunk of Ponyville's land.

"Apple farm eh? Well…gonna suck for whoever the farmers are sadly…" I sighed. "Good work, let's move people!" I said while running where my Lyrulisc was leading us

It took a bit but I saw them. The Rock Monarch standing in a field of turned up earth, apple trees uprooted and tossed into a pile, and the Vassal next to them.

"Damn…you are a lot bigger than I thought…" I said while looking up at the gian monarch.

"Prepare yourself." The rock monarch said in a surprisingly deep Russian accent as their Vassal slammed their fist into the ground and sending a wave of jagged rocks towards us.

I dodged out of the way with quickly while all the Lyrulisc’s flew around and attacked using feather’s, claws, and weaponized singing as the monarch acted more like a mountain as I used Hinotama, which let’s me pretty much use fireball, as it fired straight towards the two who just tanked it and barely cared. “Well…crap…” I muttered.

“We are the emissaries of the Earth, power alone won’t stop us!” The vassal said, as they raised a hand and I noticed the ground beneath me lightly cracking. “Stalagmite!”

“Shit!” I yelped as Independent Nightingale grabbed me and Sonata and flew us out of the way of that. “Thanks Nightingale.”

“No problem boss, but even if I’m immune to his abilities and attacks, the others are having a tough time.” The older blue harpy woman admitted. “Never thought we’d be facing a Monarch…”

“Hold on, I think I have an idea.” I said, cause when I looked over at the XYZ’s monsters they didn’t have any materials…though I was able to summon them rather easily. “Oh boy…gonna have to figure that crap out later…everyone! Fuze with Nightingale!” I called out, as the other’s agreed as the normal monsters turned into XYZ materials for the other’s, then they all rushed and fuzed with Nightingale and…her form changed a lot from that actually.

A perfect harmony formed as she became her strongest form, a level 13 Nightingale…

“Fucking horny mind!” I mentally cried as the Lyrilusc looked like the definition of ‘Dommy Mommy’ and I hate my brain and hormones for going there immediately, as they went from their normal form of blue and red feathers with a white cloak, be about the size of an average human with piercing red eyes with a modest female form…to her growing like, five feet taller, her proportions filling out to ‘damn’ levels, as well as her feather’s turning into a strange rainbow effect that changed all their colors to an unknown rhythm that looked both stunning and mesmerizing and they were now wearing a black and white ‘conductor’ outfit.

“Ah, that’s better.” She admitted, her voice sounding like a perfect harmony of singer’s. “No idea how you summoned us without the need of Fusion’s or XYZ’s, but this’ll help us take them down better.” She said, dropping me and Sonata off as she flew off to fight the Monarch.

“Finally…” Granmarg said, as they raised their large armored arm and swung their fist down towards Perfect Nightingale shockingly fast, but she met him with her talon’s and the clash literally cracked the ground and nearly knocked me over.

“Oh boy…” I muttered worriedly, seeing a monster that is as strong as it can be is equal to them.

“I’m still your opponent.” The Vassal said, as they tried to attack me and Sonata before I could react…though the pillar of earth that was thrown at us was immediately cut into pebbles out of nowhere…

“Wha?” I muttered, looking over and seeing Sonata holding a sword…

“No hurt my cuddle buddy.” Sonata huffed, getting off my back and using her magic to bring out four more….where was she hiding all those swords!?!

“Where the hell were you hiding all of those swords!?” I asked in shock.

“Yes.” Sonata answered.

“That didn’t explain shit!” I said, before dodging another earth spike as Sonata rushed over and started to clash with the Vassal, who was losing a little ground against her.

“Seriously…what the fuck…” I muttered, so confused as to how I have spouses that are this strong…”I know my powers are in summon’s and spell casting but come on…” I frowned, dodging a stray boulder that was thrown at me as I witnessed Sonata and Perfect Nightingale fight the Vassal and Monarch themselves in a strong fight. “Ugh…what can I do to help…” I grumbled, trying to think of what I can do to help cause a lot of Yugioh basically laughs at people for using spells or traps…wait, why is the Monarch glowing?”


“Meteor Rain!” Granmarg shouted as suddenly giant rocks started to rain from the sky.

“Oh no you don’t! Infinite Impermanence!” I shouted, and thankfully it worked as the shadow of a powerful Cyber Dragon appeared behind me and roared it’s dispelling effect, destroying all the meteors into dust before they could be a massive problem. “Alright…well, I suppose I would be in a more ‘support’ role considering I’m a summoner…” I frowned.

And so for the next hour the battle raged, me trying to play as much support as I could while some MTF tried to do some damage against the Monarch but was mostly relegated to dealing with golems that they spawned to try and fuck with me as Nightingale and Sonata did more of the heavy lifting, but the real tipping point was when I managed to finally get Mirror Force to activate when Nightingale fumbled a bit from her injuries, as the fist of the Rock Monarch clashed into the mirror as it shattered into rainbow fragments and lashed out towards them, stabbing into their body in multiple spots and detonated in a massive explosion while Sonata cut down the Vassal finally.

“Well done young one.” The monarch told me as it faded away into his card with his vassal as well, where I collected them both.

“Cool…” I said carefully.


"Well that was handled rather swiftly." Celestia said as she and I were having tea on a balcony together.

"Well, it still took an hour of a demigod level brawl." I said honestly. "Still feel a little…underwhelming compared to everyone else…"

"At least that's one town done, and a major food distributor safe and operational again."

“True.” I nodded. “But…I barely felt like I did anything when I fought against Granmarg…just had Sonata and Perfect Nightingale do most of the heavy lifting…” I said, which again I know I’m a Summoner but still.

"You felt lacking in your role despite the outcome of the battle?"

“A little…I know my abilities are more ‘summoner and support’ but…most of the time I was running around letting others do the fighting for me…while it’s great…feels like I don’t do much otherwise.”

Celestia nodded, taking a sip from her tea. "I've had many young tactitions tell me the same during my time as princess. They wish to be on the battle ground aiding their comrades directly but they are needed in the command center giving orders. Medics wishing they knew how to fight but are needed to heal the wounded. The fact is Mike, you are one of many invaluable pieces in a conflict. Think of it like your decks of cards. Each one you build specifically for certain kinds of battles and use them for their roles no matter how minor. And without one doing their part, loss is either suddenly greater or inevitable."

“I…” I sighed. “I understand…still sucks though.”

"That is why you need to look past this, see the battle for what it is. Small pieces doing what they are best at, working together to achieve a larger goal. As the leader of your team you must know how to organize and structure your team mates in the battles as well as your card monsters. Besides, you are the only one able to defeat these foes we face."

“I mean…all that’s true, but why did you emphasize ‘mates’?” I asked carefully.

"Are most of your non-card monster team mates not also your mates? You saved Canterlot with Sunset, Ponyville with Sonata, I'm expecting who you take with your next missions is also a mare currently in our herd."

“I mean, yes that’s true, but Sonata wouldn’t let go cause she thought cuddles forever…” I said, thankful that she let go of me when we got back.

"Yes I was told that is a habit she does when pregnant. Glad to see the herd is already making the next generation."

“Gonna be a nightmare when they're all born…” I sighed. “I don’t even know if I’ll be a good dad…”

"What do you define as a good father?"

“I…it’s complicated to just define what a ‘good father’ is…” I sighed. “I just…want to do right by them, and while my parents did that as well there were always some…hiccups with that.”

Celestia nodded. "I can say for certainty there will always be hiccups, times when you fail to protect them. Be it from the world, themselves or yourself even, they will eventually get hurt, but sometimes it's not a bad thing. A spoiled child, sheltered and coddled will grow knowing nothing of the world or its coldness. A child left to grow with minimal guidance will grow to despise you, hate you even. Parenting I've learned is about finding the balance in the two. Knowing how much and when to intervene and when to let them learn to stand on their own, but always being there for when they need you, for support, love, or even just to talk and catch up."

“I understand.” I nodded. “I suppose I’m just super concerned about this all considering I’m gonna be a first time dad…ugh, school’s gonna be murder with having to take care of all my kids…” I groaned lightly, even if I could just get someone else to do it it’s still gonna be a bitch and a half.

"If you'd like, the foals can stay here in the castle while you're away. It would be easier for them, safer and to be frank less of a headache given how Sunset told me this human world works. Honestly, unchecked capitalism is not a good way to run a country."

“When a well respected and old loan company is even going ‘this is greedflation and it’s going to end badly’, then yes…it is a very bad thing to leave unchecked.” I said carefully. “But ya know, when billionaire corporations are technically considered ‘people’ by the government, there’s nothing much the common folk can do.”

"Makes me glad I'm immortal and can keep such companies in check. Perks of the job. Anything they want done has to be approved by me and businesses are subject to inspections by the Tax Records and Accounting offices to ensure funds were not suddenly absent or added with no clear indication as to where they went if it came from."

“Now back home that does exist, it’s called the IRS…but they’re constantly underfunded and understaffed due to rich people not wanting to deal with them.” I sighed.

"And yet somehow Dragons get the reputation for being greedy." Celestia said, nodding as she drank more of her tea.

“I mean…true.” I said, taking another sip of my tea. “Just a lot of problems on Earth…we’re just either fueled by stupidity or the world’s biggest case of stockholm syndrome.”

"Foals should definitely be raised in Equestria then."

“Yep…in a nice candy colored world where it’ll all be good for them…”

To be continued...