• Published 22nd Apr 2021
  • 2,465 Views, 80 Comments

I summon... - Xinrick

  • ...
11
 80
 2,465

Chapter 12

It's been a few years now, at the ripe old age of five, I was now currently being taught how to fly from mom, as I tried flapping my wings to try and gain flight but only got a minor hop into the air before falling to the ground. “Why is flying so hard?” I grumbled.

“Heh, you’re still young Mike.” Mom said as she helped me back to my feet. “Your wing muscles in your back are still small and weak. It just takes time for them to develop enough for you to achieve proper lift.”

“I know mom…” I sighed. “Just…instincts are mean and they want the sky…” I pouted.

“Heh, you’ll learn to manage them as you get older.” She said as she pat my head. “You’ll be starting school soon, you excited to be making some friends?”

“Yis!” I yipped, my tail wagging at the thought of actually making some friends in this world. “Though…school might just be boring again…ugh, I don’t want to retry school a third time.” I groaned, reminding myself that I passed highschool, then had to retake highschool in Equis’s human world, and now I need to go through school again

“Heh, it will be fine. Worst case scenario since you might know everything already you get to advance in grades. It’s not as long as the mortal schools you’re used to either, here you’re only taught until age thirteen.”

“Awesome.” I nodded. “But what will I be doing after school? Cause…never thought about thing’s after that originally…” I said sheepishly.

“Well, from age ten to twelve most kids think about what they’ll want to do, and if you need help you can take a test that lists off all the jobs our Family does that you’d be most suited for. After that, from age thirteen to eighteen you’ll be apprenticing, paid, while learning the job. Once you finish your apprenticeship you’ll be a fully recognized adult and member of the Family, and in time can take that trial to obtain the power of an All Maker.”

Right… Right… I… almost forgot… that’s why I did this…

“Yeah…I’m doing this so I can help fix what Nitch did.” I frowned. “Did you know that him giving straight answers is…a bit unnerving?”

“Considering his parents… yeah, I can see why.” Mom nodded.

“Who are his parents?” I inquired. “I…don’t know much about this whole new giant family…”

“His mother is All Maker Pain, and his father is her husband The First Void Admin. He sure came out… different from those two.” Mom said, looking thoughtful as she crossed her arms. “Ironic considering most of their kids all work either with Pain or as Void Gods…”

“Oh…oh no…” I said worriedly.

“Something the matter Mike?”

“Just uh…scared about Pain and all that…” I admitted. “Cause Nitch made it clear that, if Pain was involved…a lot of murder would be happening.”

“That is her job, the eradication of life and a universe should… certain things happen or fail to happen.”

“R-right.” I said nervously. “So, less focus on scary things, more important things like if children’s card games can be a job.” I said. “Uh…I can do that right?” I asked sheepishly

“Well, maybe. It all depends really.” Mom said. “More likely than not you’d have to be an opponent or rival to a selected hero.”

“True.” I nodded. “But I already have enough problems back on Equis…”

“You have a long time before that comes along Mike. And playing the bad guy isn’t for everyone.”

“I know.” I nodded. “But I have at least…four god level bad guys to face back home if I can guess a trend…”

“Well, card game battling. That will at least be easier to fight than actual combat.”

“True…there’s a lot that I don’t understand about my powers the more I think about it…” I sighed. “But that’s for later.”

“Exactly. For now, just enjoy childhood.”

“Yeah…just enjoy childhood.” I said with a warm smile. “Thanks mom.”

“Come on, your father’s probably almost done making lunch by now.”

“Yay!” I cheered, having worked up an appetite from trying to fly as I fluttered my wings in joy.

I had to admit, this new… basically third life was nice. At times it reminded me a bit of… earth.

Mom and dad were amazing and so nice. My brothers were a lot of fun, being an only child before I enjoyed having siblings more than I thought I would.

Eventually though, I started school. I was amazed at how many different… beings were here. Some looked like me, more wolf-like, some were more avian, or reptilian, amphibian, some looked human-ish, otters were something else entirely.

“Well, so far it’s nice to know there are a lot of other races.” I thought to myself, seeing so many different races and wondering if I’ll be friend’s with any of them.

I took a seat at a table. Hmm… How did I make friends before…?

"Well…I have to talk to people, which might be a little concerning given I'm technically not from here…" I thought to myself, looking around to see if there was anyone I could talk to or see if they were doing something that peaked my interest. As I looked around, I noticed some kids gathered around and heard the sweet sounds of shuffling cards. “Oh?” I inquired, moving over to see what kind of cards were being played.

I walked over, seeing they had various cards. Pokemon, Bakugan, Magic, YuGiOh. Those cards were all held by a small blonde haired girl wearing a pink dress. She looked human, smelled it too. My sense of smell has been an amazing advantage of this new body of mine.

“W-wow…uh…she is really pretty…” I thought to myself, blushing a bit at my own silly thoughts as I walked over to the group around the girl. “Uh…hi there.” I said politely.

“Hey.” She said. “Are you trading cards too?”

“Well…” I hummed, digging through my Assistant and bringing out a binder full of cards. “Depends on what kind of trading we’re talking about, though I prefer to play.” I said, though my ears told me there was shuffling right here I was curious why I couldn’t smell what was causing the shuffling when she was sorting through the cards.

“We’re just trading different cards at the moment.” She said. “Are your parents Card Users too?”

“Um…not sure, Jenny and Joy do have an entire room with their card collection but I haven’t seen them use their cards yet.” I said honestly. “Also, who’s shuffling cards? I’m hearing someone shuffle but I can’t smell them.”

“You call your parents by their names?” She asked as I looked around, looking up and seeing… a cat floating partly out of a dual card shuffling.

“I…said mom and dad’s name to get the ‘who’s your parents’ question out of the way…” I said slowly. “Is…is that who I think it is?” I asked, seeing the blue furred rubber hose cartoon Cat give me a cartoonishly friendly grin as it kept shuffling it’s cards.

“That’s Doppelganger. He’s my pet… kinda.”

“O-oh…” I muttered. “That…means your dad is…Maximillion Pegasus…” I said carefully. “Oh no~...I might be super into Pegasus’s daughter…damn it, is this what he felt like meeting Cecelia?”

“Yeah. He works as a villain for heroes in All Maker Games.”

“Y-yeah…uh…” I gulped. “I…presume your mother would be Cecelia?”

“Yes, that’s my mom. How do you know them?”

“Well…it’s a little hard to explain.” I said sheepishly. “But I’m an Isekai…that just got reincarnated…” I said carefully, not sure if I should bring up I had to fight her dad…cause she’s really pretty and I don’t want to make a bad first impression.

“Oh, like my older brother.” She said.

“What?” I asked in surprise. “There are others like me?” I inquired, cause while technically I have been told it…I’ve never actually met any of them so I’m not too sure.

“Lots. Kinda hard to know who’s who unless they tell you though. Since you’re all born as infants no different than the rest of us.”

“Huh, right then.” I nodded. “Didn’t fully know that.” I said, as the both of us started to sift through my binder of all sorts of cards. “My names Mike, what’s your name?”

“Brandy.” She said.

“That’s a nice name.” I said honestly, though I noticed one of her cards. “Wait, is that Tyler, the Greatest Warrior?” I asked, seeing the Make a Wish Yugioh card in her collection. “I…know this world is really big, but I’m surprised the person put his one of a kind card up for auction.” I said in surprise.

“Oh, this?” She asked, showing off the card. “I’m surprised you know about this card, cause while it did make some news because of the Make a Wish foundation, it did go up for auction not too long ago and daddy wanted me to keep this card to show that even in this world, a simple Wish can make someone extremely happy.”

“Yeah, it does mean a lot.” I nodded. “But you’ve got quite a collection here.”

“Comes with Daddy being the Creator of Duel Monsters.” She said with a smile.

“Yeah, I can imagine.” I nodded, just looking through and talking about cards…besides my weird misstep, this conversation is really fun. “So, when did you get Doppleganger?”

“He was a birthday gift from dad when I was three.” Brandy said.

“That’s cool.” I nodded, sifting through more of my cards.

“Wait, is that a First Edition Red Eyes Black Dragon?” Brandy asked.

“Yes it is.” I said with a smile. “One of my favorite cards, and a lot of these were gifts from mom and dad on my last birthday.” I said honestly.

“Have you tried to use them yet?”

… Use… Oh… Oh they… oh! Why did I not think of that sooner?!

“I…I honestly thought that I wasn’t allowed to use this ability in this reality.” I said sheepishly. “Like how I wasn’t able to use them in the Afterlife cause I technically didn’t have my cards on me.” I said honestly, hearing Doppelganger chuckle at that. “But I presume it should be the same way right?” I questioned, bringing out a simple creature, Wattapon, and tried to summon the puffball fairy creature like before.

“And then some.” She said.

“What do you mean?” I inquired, even though I was able to summon the big blue eyed, fluffy ball with fluff antenna as it floated around with simple joy. “Is there more to it than this?”

“Yeah. My dad said he’d teach me when I’m older though.”

“That’s neat. Mom and Dad want me to enjoy life first instead of trying to think of future events…which is tough because I think too much.”

“How come?”

“Habit…” I sighed. “Just…because a lot of things…”

“From your old life?”

“Yeah…” I admitted. “Back home I had to do a lot of things…save an entire world, try and protect another world…school at the same time…” I grumbled. “Then there was the rules I just learned about the All Maker that made it…”

“Which All Maker made it?”

“Nitch…who enjoys doing a lot of weird things.” I said. “Which…the world I’m in is Contradictory and…really uncaring.”

“Oh… I met him once… Dad said he gave me my first migraine, which explains why my head hurt after I met him.”

“That’s not good.” I said worriedly. “When I met him…he was giving me a ‘did I? Or did I not?’ kind of talk…but when he started to talk straight without anything to contradict himself it was…a tad scary.”

“Sounds about right. Aunt Pain can be scary too, but she can be a lot of fun too.”

The idea that someone that destroyed universes can be fun is… odd… wait… aunt… oh crap Pain is my aunt now… that makes Nitch my… cousin?

Shit I think I just had an aneurysm!

“I don’t like hearing Nitch is my cousin…” I whined. “He made the Shakespewean world and I’m still trying to filter out that nonsense from my mind…”

“And this is why dad says aunt Pain keeps a close eye on any new realities he makes.”

“Yeah…” I nodded. “So…right now I’m just hoping that my reincarnation will also help me be strong enough to…help save the world…cause I’ve been thinking too much about all the problems happening there and…how I’m the one that has to fix it all…”

“Sounds like you’re gonna be busy when you get older.”

“Yes…and there’s just…too much to think about…” I shook my head. “Just hope my new life here will make sure I don’t yell at a lot of people when I get back…that’s not something they deserve considering how cold the world is for them…”

To be continued...