• Published 22nd Apr 2021
  • 2,465 Views, 80 Comments

I summon... - Xinrick

  • ...
11
 80
 2,465

Chapter 18

"Finally!" I shouted as I turned my card over and with that, I won.

"Wow. It only took you two months and three hundred and forty three losses." Brandy said, smirking.

“Sass me all you want I still won.” I said with a smile, doing a little jig in glee.

"Well as per the bet I can't sass you or tease you for thirty days." Brandy said, taking out a notebook and pencil and began writing stuff down.

“Finally, it’ll be a breath of fresh air.” I sighed happily. “It’ll probably be weird to not hear the sass or teasing but still.”

"Don't worry. I'm already making a list to shotgun you with after the thirty days."

“Of course you are…” I grumbled. “But…I’m not surprised and expected it.”

"So, how's your date’s with Harlow been?"

“They’ve been going fine.” I admitted. “I mean…half of them has just been me committing mass monster murder cause…boy do I need the stress relief from so much paperwork and other things.” I admitted.

"Other things?"

“Just…me still being a bit upset over hurting you, all the crap I have to do back on Equis…how everyone’s going to react to me and react to Reality finally being fair…I’ve…sadly had a nightmare or two about it…” I sighed. “How they’ll finally feel their Reality be kind and fair…how they’ll react to it and I’m scared they’ll all panic, mass hysteria and…I lose those I care about because of it.”

"Yeah… they are so gonna panic. Probably gonna be a whole global thing."

“Well, most of the Globe is still Carded so…there’s at least a bit of a buffer between things.” I admitted. “But…both Canterlot and Ponyville will need me there to constantly try to get them to relax and think things through…”

"Hmm… just hope things work out. Worst case scenario they can't handle the changes and…"

“Yes…I…I have had Nightmares about that…” I said weakly, hearing and seeing all my friends and family feel betrayed and fight against me, feeling the sting of betrayal and loss all because I wanted to change thing’s for the better…

"Well, you have time to figure out how to not be considered the bad guy and have them all hate you forever." She said with a shrug.

"I have all the time in the world…" I sighed. "Just…doesn't feel long enough."

"Speaking of time your victory made you ten minutes late for your latest date with Harlow." She said, motioning her pencil to the clock.

I saw the time… Fuck!

"Thanks for having me, have a nice day bye!" I said in rapid succession as I bolted to where I was supposed to be.

I made a rapid B Line for Harlow's place. He laughed that I was late but after that rather than go somewhere he took my hand and led me through the giant planet that was also his house.

"I'm so sorry, I thought I had more time and was just happy to have finally beaten Brandy." I explained nervously.

"Heh. Only took you two months, several hundred losses and Brandy making custom joke and troll decks with all the cards she made after each of your losses." He chuckled.

“Yes, and it was really fucking stupid with half of them.” I groaned.

"Pretty sure that was the point." He shrugged.

We exited the pathway and arrived at a huge lake. A small fishing dock was built here with a rowboat tied to it. A small shed was also built nearby, a campfire pit with log seats, a table with a sink built in stood nearby it with some knives in holders placed onto it.

“A nice calm fishing date I see?” I asked.

"I remember you said back on earth you liked it because it was calming and let you think in peace. So, I built all this."

“Yeah…fishing was always some calm respite my dad taught me…” I said. “Thanks Harlow.”

"Would you like to start on the shoreline, the dock or in the boat?" He asked me.

“Let’s start at the dock, and if we don’t get anything too fancy we’ll head to the boat.” I said simply.

"Alright, I'll get the stuff out of the shed." Harlow said.

With a nod I walked to the dock, taking a deep breath of the clean air, the smell of the freshwater and I could make out the scent of fish in the water too. I sat at the end of the dock. My feet barely touching the water under me. Harlow came up with two fishing rods and a tackle box. We set up, bated the hooks and cast the lines into the water.

Harlow leaned against me and I leaned against him. Not a lot but enough to support each other's weight.

“This is nice…” I said softly.

"Yeah. Quiet." Harlow nodded. "At least this is a nice calm before that quiz we gotta take for the divine lessons crap."

“Yeah…that’s not going to be fun.” I said bitterly. “I already have enough problems running through my head right now, I don’t need paperwork to muddy it up…”

"Yeah. But it's necessary." Harlow sighed. "At least we get a break after we finish it. Pass or fail."

“True, it will be a nice break from all the paperwork…but it’ll suck to lose the distraction…” I admitted, lightly turning the reel to have my bait act like it’s moving to entice some of the fish.

"Distraction?"

“Have you…been getting Nightmares as of late?”

"No. Dreams every so often but not nightmares." Harlow said.

“Lucky…” I sighed. “My nightmares…” I trailed off, as I caught something and started to reel it in.

I pulled it out, it being a foot long catfish. Harlow grabbed it for me, taking the hook out of it and throwing it into a bucket for the caught fish. "Your nightmares what?"

I re-baited and threw the line out. “My nightmares…it’s back on Equis, as I’m trying to fix the problem’s Nitch did to the world…all I see are the faces of my friends, my family…all either Broken, raving mad as they can’t fathom what horror’s they committed…or Blind Rage as they all hate me for bringing change that should be for the better, but they’d rather live in ignorance of what they’re truly doing…in all my Nightmares…I’m just a monster that’s hurting those I care about…or worse…”

"... well, Ignorance is bliss for a reason, as they say." Harlow sighed. "I can see why that's a worry you have. Something you're stressing over."

“Yeah…and it’s not like I’m going to force it on them either, not all at once either cause that’s fucking dumb, I would try and do it slowly, one at a time with each thing so people can slowly understand things and make changes to be better…but even then it would probably only cause problems…”

"... well, what if it was never a problem to begin with?" Harlow asked.

“...like, restart Time and prevent all that nonsense from happening?”

"As an All Maker that is more than possible for you to do."

“Wouldn’t that cause some Time shenanigans to happen?” I asked. “Don’t want to mess with that nonsense if it causes real problems…”

"True but it's also limited to your reality and all that would really happen is there might be another you."

“And I’m sure you’d be super happy about that.” I teased.

"Pfft! Shush you." He said, giving me a light elbow. "It is a better alternative. Let's you fix problems as they arise and becomes mute by the time you have time catch up to when you left.

“Yeah…hopefully I can fix it properly and not somehow mess it up.” I sighed.

"Just take it slow. Watch time play out as it does and keep a vigilant eye out. Worst case scenario you accidentally have a religion made about you but as the god of it you determine the rules and can smite people using your name for selfish reasons." Harlow chuckled.

“That is fair.” I nodded. “So you better not start some weird Tsundere Religion there my guy.”

"Nah. If anything I guess I'd try and make it about something simple. Like farming or something. Maybe storms. Given, ya know." He said, letting some sparks of electricity dance around his coat for a second.

“I was actually going to mention, do you Evolve?” I asked. “Cause you're still a Mareep right? You should be able to turn into a Flaffy and Ampharos right?”

"According to Mom and dad, yes but I'm also a humanoid pokemon. I could choose one or the other when I turn eighteen or stay looking like this. Just depends and honestly I don't know. I actually never played Pokemon back on earth and well… felt weird to play it when the entire Pokedex is my family…"

“Hey, that just means they know exactly what Pokemon you need to beat the games.” I chuckled. “Also…really? You never played Pokemon before?”

"Saw bits of the anime online but never the game." He shrugged.

“I suppose that’s far.” I shrugged. “But it would be a big boost in power if you decide to evolve.”

"Maybe." He shrugged. "I don't usually think about it."

“I understand, there’s a lot of things I’d like to not think about.” I admitted.

"... So, what do you think about a genuine trip during the break? You want a distraction? I can arrange something."

“Going on a genuine trip would be great.” I nodded. “Would help given I’ve only been to…six different places so far.”

"Yeah, but only for a day or a night. Not two months solid." Harlow pointed out.

“Yeah, a day trip would be nice either way.” I admitted.

"Maybe. But," He said, turning my face to look at him. "For two months I'd be your distraction~"

“Yes, you will be a very full distraction~.” I teased, giving them a quick peck on the lips with a smile.

"That sounds- Wait what?" They said, turning red and looking at me blankly.

“You heard me.” I said with a smile, glad he understood what I meant with my lewd comment.

"... meep…"

“Good boy.” I smirked, nuzzling Harlow happily.

"M-maybe save that for later… " He said. "I mean, we’re not eighteen yet…”

“Hmm, true.” I conceded. “But it’ll be fun when we are.”

"Yeah… just remember that I have zero experience in sex. Unlike you Mr. Harem hoarder."

“I have zero experience in sex with a guy…and listen…it’s not my fault I’m weirdly a chick magnet for villainous women…” I said sheepishly. “Plus it was Celestia’s fault for giving me the ‘Heroes Reward’...”

"Maybe but still… it's more than I know."

“Fair.” I shrugged. “But we have time to learn all the things.”

"True… all the new… awkward… messy things…" Harlow said, turning red again.

“And it’ll feel fantastic.” I admitted.

"... meep."

I chuckled. “You are adorable.”


"Now then." Dad said as Harlow and I were in the classroom. "With the test finished there are a few things to go over before you two get your two months off."

“What now?” I asked, trying to not whine cause that was a very annoying test.

"Normally young gods to be need to pick what kind of gods they wish to become. Since you two already selected. Order and Chaos this skips that and goes right into something more detailed." Dad said as he handed Harlow and I a small book. Mine said 'Divine Order' and Harlow's said 'Divine Chaos'. "These books describe in detail the various powers you'll have across to once you ascend to godhood."

“Cool.” I nodded, grabbing my book. “Oh, before I forget…what happens if I mess with Time? Either as a God or All Maker?”

"As long as you keep it limited to your own reality, and file the right paperwork with the Time Walker's, you'll be fine." Dad said.

“Oh goodie…more paperwork…” I grumbled. “Fine, just curious cause…that might be the only way to solve the problems Nitch made…”

"It will be yours when you become an All Maker, so, whatever you decide to do." Dad shrugged. "I should also explain that once you become gods your Divine Weakness will also be assigned to you."

“And…is it specific to what our powers are or is it something we just grab from a hat?” I asked.

"It's assigned to you and random." Dad said. "Basically it's something that exists in the mortal worlds that a mortal can use to kill you. This will be nullified though once you become Admins."

“Whose decision was it to make it random?” I asked weakly. “Cause that could mean anything from you needing an Enchanted Obsidian Blade from a Super Volcano to some jackoff with Pepper Spray can kill me.”

“It can get dumber than that.” Dad admitted.

“Ick…” I groaned.

"Regardless In terms of you two, you'll have two divine weaknesses. What Is assigned when you become gods, and each other."

“Right.” I nodded. “Seem’s fair.”

"Other than that I ask you two to review the materials when you can, enjoy your two months off." Dad said.

With that, Harlow and I got up and started to leave. The both of us looking the books over.

“Well, short book but it’s full of…quite a lot of neat things.”

"Kind of like cliff notes but more informative." Harlow nodded. "So, we meet up for the trip tomorrow?"

“Yep.” I nodded. “Got any ideas for where we’re going?”

"Yes actually. A huge snowy mountain cabin. Fully stocked, all kinds of ski gear, and lovely sights."

“That sounds nice.” I said with a smile. “Always wanted to go to a snow resort.”

"Yeah… it'll be us… just be the two of us…" Harlow said.

“Just the two of us.” I said in a sing-song tone.

"Har har." He said, giving me a light whack on the arm. "So, what do you wanna do now?"

“Hang out?” I suggested. “Cause right now I suppose I can finally try out Lances and Gun’s since that’s my parent’s affinity and they said I’d be good at them.”

"Alright. Lead the way."

To be continued...