• Published 15th Nov 2015
  • 15,578 Views, 612 Comments

Silent Night - cerealkiller78



It’s the Christmas season, and all are at home with their families..except one. Labeling her as a scapegoat during the Anon-a-miss incident, a number of students have abducted Sunset, intending to make her pay.(branchoff from Dainn's "Anon-a-Miss")

  • ...
30
 612
 15,578

Chapter 5 (This version is no longer canon. See comment section)

I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT CANON ANY LONGER!!
READ THE TITLE!
GOT THIS?? OK, Cool...


Sunset waited for the inevitable, but it never came. She looked up to see Gilda with a fearful look in her eyes, as she slowly took the knife off her, and stood up, her head turned towards the exit as the room had gone silent.

As Sunset opened her eye once again, and focused, she could hear, in the silence that had enveloped the room, the sure sound of approaching sirens.

Someone finally found their voice and cursed out loud.

“How did they find out about this?!” One of them panicked, before turning to leave.

“Forget this! I’m outta here!”

The majority of students followed suit, suddenly racing for the exit, heading for their cars, only to find that the cops were already pulling up, six cars in all, with others approaching from a distance.

Gilda, after coming out of her daze, looked back down at Sunset, and kneeled next to her again.

“We may go to jail for this…but at least we’ll still have lives to live.” With that, she plunged the knife into her chest, Sunset’s eye going wide, as her breath caught in her throat, struggling for breath, before Gilda pulled it back out. Sunset’s vision went blurry, before her world went black.

Gilda, feeling satisfied with what she’d done, started to get up, before a large intake of air made her turn back to Sunset.

Before Gilda’s eyes, both of Sunset’s eyes opened. But they were not their normal aqua color. In their place, was a black that took up the entirety of her eyes.

Her skin began glowing red, and a sizzling sound was heard before the rope binding her arms and legs merely burned right off, leaving her to sit up, blood coming out of her chest wound, before, like magic, it sealed itself up, along with her ribs healing themselves, causing her to be able to get up and walk. Though her body seemed to be oblivious to all other wounds.

She pierced Gilda with a stare, then raised her hand, looking at it, before speaking with a dark, foreboding tone.

“How would you like your very own cutiemark?...”

Sunset grabbed her leg before she even had the chance to bolt, and Gilda found her very touch searing hot, causing her to fall to the ground, screaming for help, as Sunset put her hand over her face, burning it.

Gilda screamed, and thrashed, trying to get away, before Sunset at last removed her hand. Gilda put her hands to her face in pain.

“You….MONSTER!” She ground out through clenched teeth.

Sunset laughed darkly.

“Monster?...” She said quietly, before going silent for a moment, looking down. She suddenly raised her head again.

“I’ll SHOW you a MONSTER!!” At the word “Monster”, massive wings of fire suddenly erupted from her back, as she grew at least an extra six feet in mere seconds, as her demeanor changed.

Though, what Gilda was seeing right now, didn’t look like what was seen at the fall formal.

This looked even more menacing.

Gilda went wide eyed as Sunset...or a former shell of her anyway, charged up a fireball between her hands.

“W-WAIT!!” Her pleas fell on deaf ears, as the fireball got ever bigger, until it blew up, obliterating, and setting the entire factory on fire.

It didn’t take long for the flames to eat the building from the inside out, and before long, the fire died down as soon as it had started, leaving a fiery eleven foot Sunset, still clad in her fire wings, staring down the police that had gathered around the building, along with all the other students, who were now gathered in a group, wearing handcuffs, and looking terrified.

One of the officers that was still in their car, slowly spoke into a walkie-talkie.

“We need the FBI here…or even better…the army.”

“What is it?” Answered a voice on the other end.

“I don’t even….Just call it a weapon of mass destruction…”

Outside, one officer quietly questioned another.

“Do we shoot?..”

“And get it mad at us?...No thanks.”

“P-put your hands in the air!” One of them called out nervously.

She smirked, before her wings lifted her high into the air, and she put her hands up.

“Is THIS “in the air” enough for YOU?!” Her hands started charging up another fireball.

“FIRE!!” They all started shooting at her at once, but there was no effect on her. She released the fireball, but not at any of the police.

The students all screamed as the fireball hurtled at them, not able to scramble away fast enough as the ball engulfed them all in a flash of light.

“NO!!” One of the officers shouted, but it was too late. Soon, all that was left of the students was ash.

When everything cleared, all that was left was one girl sprawled on the ground with red and yellow hair. Seeing that the monster that had just attacked everyone moments prior, had the same kind of hair, and the fact that there was nobody else left around her, there was but one conclusion, as she lifted her head, and tried to get up.

“Stay on the ground, and put your hands behind your back! Try anything, and we will open fire!”

She looked up and saw at least a dozen police officers, all of which, had guns pointing straight at her. She didn’t know what exactly was going on at the moment, but she opted to stay on her stomach, and do as she was told, putting her hands behind her back.

Four officers cautiously approached her, three keeping their guns trained on her, while one bent down and put handcuffs on her, before getting her back up.

The girl they were looking at now, was awfully different than what they had just seen. She had deep bruises, cuts, and lacerations all over her body, along with a badly swollen black eye, with other bruises marring her face. Her fingers and lips also looked frostbitten.

One officer couldn’t help but feel pity towards this girl. Whatever had happened here before they arrived could not have been good. But it didn’t change the fact that she had just killed everyone involved in this, not to mention the fact of what she had turned into to do it…
Whatever she had turned into moments prior, had obviously given her heightened strength, as she now seemed to be having trouble even with just walking.

Pretty much the only similarity to what they had just seen was her hair….Well, that, and the disturbing brand mark on her face. The brand mark was pretty much what convinced everyone that this was in fact, the same girl who had just caused all that chaos moments prior.

They put her in the back of one of the cars, with three other officers. One in the passenger seat, and two on either side of her, all still keeping their guns pointed at her.

Everyone else got into their own cars, before filing away from the scene one by one.

Inside one of the other cars, two officers sat in silence. One of them being the one who had radioed in, calling her a weapon of mass destruction.

“Can you even believe what just happened?” One of them asked the other, finally breaking the silence.

“I saw it….believing it….well, I’m still working on that.”

“What are we even going to do with her? We can’t just put her in a normal cell.”

“You think I don’t know that?..”

There was another silence.

“….What we saw…How would you describe it?”

“How?...How about the most terrifying thing I’ve ever seen?”

“I would describe it as a weapon of mass destruction…”

The other officer looked at him.

“What are you getting at?”

“She could destroy countless innocent people single handedly…Or save those people by taking out the enemies…”

“Get to the point.”

“We could use her in wars…her abilities would be unmatchable.” The other officer looked at him with an incredulous look.

“Do you even realize the implications of what you are proposing? You are talking about weaponizing a teenage girl!”

“She had wings of fire, was ON fire, yet wasn’t burning, and killed how many students with one fireball that SHE made with her OWN two hands! THAT is no ordinary teenage girl…Besides, what else are we gonna do? Let her go? Who knows when the next time will be that that…thing gets triggered? And next time, there could be even MORE casualties. So our choices are either to lock her up, or kill her…Why not put her abilities to good use? We could find out how to trigger her other persona, and also shut it down. We would be unstoppable in war!”

“You are insane! You’re talking about subjecting a girl to a life of experimentation!!”

“Experimentation that may very well save millions of lives…”

“Save…or destroy them.” The first officer argued.

“Well, what else are we gonna do anyways?...We already concluded that she is a danger to the public, so what next then?
Things went silent for a moment.

“Do you seriously think we can control the likes of what we saw back there?” He asked quietly.

“What if your plan backfires? What if she triggers, and you CAN’T stop her? We may all very well die.”

The other officer threw his hands in the air.

“Fine, kill her then! She doesn’t even need to know what hit her. Just shoot her and be done then. It’s either that, or we lock her up…and if you’re right in saying that she’s dangerous, then just how safe will any of us be if we simply lock her up? Killing her would obviously be the safest thing right?”

The first officer glared at the guy, then sighed.

“I can’t believe I’m actually about to agree to this…”

Author's Note:

EDIT: In case you missed the big sign at the top, this chapter is NO LONGER part of the story!!

For the record...this is NOT where I was planning on going with this story. I had a whole different route thought out for it, but then, this little plot bunny popped up...So... since I've taken this route, when I'm done with the story, I may just go and make an alternate version of this story with the original way I was going to have this all play out.
I sincerely hope the story is flowing well so far, and that this turn of events isn't straying too far from the original plotline of this story.