• Published 15th Nov 2015
  • 15,557 Views, 611 Comments

Silent Night - cerealkiller78



It’s the Christmas season, and all are at home with their families..except one. Labeling her as a scapegoat during the Anon-a-miss incident, a number of students have abducted Sunset, intending to make her pay.(branchoff from Dainn's "Anon-a-Miss")

  • ...
30
 611
 15,557

Chapter 13

They had begun letting more people go into the room a little while later. Rarity decided to be the next to go in.

She felt a deep anxiety as the nurse led her through corridors, and past other rooms... She didn't want to face this. As they approached the door, she hesitated. What would she find behind that door?...She really didn't want to see for herself.

She took a deep breath, and opened the door slowly, before entering.

The principal was sitting next to the bedside, her face in one of her hands as she leaned over, looking like she had been crying.

Rarity approached the bed slowly. What she saw made her breath hitch in her throat.

"Oh, Sunset..." She whispered.


Fluttershy looked up at the sound of Rarity returning. She paused, looked at Rainbow Dash, and slowly shook her head at her before sitting down once again. Pinkie looked at Fluttershy.

"Want to go together?.." She asked quietly. Fluttershy nodded. "Ok..." She whispered.


Pinkie and Fluttershy returned looking dejected.

Pinkie's hair was flat, and she looked like she had been crying. Fluttershy's eyes were likewise red and puffy. They both sat down without a word. A long silence passed.

Applejack sighed before getting up to go next.


Applejack returned a while later, with her hat at her side. She sat down with her head in her hands and didn't say a word.

Rainbow sighed, and got up. Moment of truth... she thought to herself.


When Rainbow entered the room, principal Celestia was absent. Probably had things to take care of, Rainbow figured.

Rainbow Dash approached the bed, and for the first time, caught a glimpse firsthand, of what her actions had caused. She took one look, and looked away. In that moment, she cursed herself.

She looked back, and for a moment, just stared at all the bandages, bruises, and wounds. She knew that she had as good as done this herself. She crumpled to her knees by the bed, and sobbed.

When she felt she could cry no more, she lifted herself up.

"Sunset....If you can hear me....I'm sorry..." She whispered.

"I'm so....so sorry Sunset. I don't expect you to ever forgive me...But I just need to say that.
You were a best friend to me, and look what I did....friends are always supposed to be there for each other...look out for each other. But I did the exact opposite...I should be the one in a hospital bed right now...I know there's nothing I will ever be able to do to take back what I've done, so...I'll just go. I'm probably the last face you'll ever want to see again..."

With that, Rainbow got up, and went to the door. She put her hand on the handle, and looked back one more time, before opening the door and leaving.


Rainbow went past where the others were, and left without a word. Nobody tried to stop her.

Principal Cinch cleared her throat after some time.

"Well...I suppose it is our turn then." She and Sunny got up and we're directed to the room.

Principal Celestia was back in the room by the time they had arrived. She looked up, surprised to see the rival principal enter the room.

"Abacus Cinch...Sunny Flare." She directed her attention to Cinch.

"I was not expecting that you-"

"No, I'm sure you were not..." Cinch cut her off almost accusingly, as she approached Sunset's side.

The rival school's principal looked upon the girl in the bed. In that moment, it was as if seeing for herself, the damage that had been caused by this train wreck, really did break through the hard shell of the rival principal as she took her glasses off.

"If there is one thing we can ever agree on Celestia...I think it is this...A deed like this should never have even been a thought in the minds of your students."


By the time Twilight and Celestia had arrived at the hospital, it was getting late, and everybody else had already gone home for the night.

As they aproached the room, Twilight saw something she had not been expecting...the principal was in there.

She had kind of hoped she had already left like the others. She didn't know how Celestia would take to meeting...Celestia.

The principal looked in their direction, and for the fist time, Celestia found herself looking at Celestia, and Celestia likewise found herself looking at Celestia.

A nurse passed by the room at that point, and saw Celestia gazing at Celestia.

"Uhh...The nurse looked between Celestia and Celestia.

"We're twin sisters." Princess Celestia quickly covered before giving the other Celestia a knowing look.

"Isn't that right?.."

"Uhh, ya..., twin sisters." She managed to get out after getting over the shock of seeing her other self.

"Alright then...you may stay." The nurse conceded, before dismissing herself.

The princess looked to the bed on which lay her would-be daughter, with the woman who was responsible for overseeing the well-being of the students of her school, or at least, should have been.

She looked to the bed, and felt pain worse than a knife wound at what she saw.

Bandages with some blood showing through...wraps, scars, and stitches. Her face was near unrecognizable due to the swelling, bruises, and bandages. The oxygen machine helping her breathe was the only real encouragement to the princess that she was even still alive.

As for Sunset's consciousness itself, she looked so drugged up, Celestia doubted she was even aware of anything right at that moment.

Princess Celestia felt a surge of anger at her doppleganger....How could this have happened? Was her other self really so stupid to let something even remotely close to this happen at her own school?

As the princess of Equestria, Celestia made it her top priority that every one of her ponies were always, above all, safe.

Everypony in an entire nation! All this woman had to do was look out for a single school!

She looked from the bed, to the principal, with a look of deep hate, and with a quiet voice only the two of them could hear, she uttered.

"If it weren't for the fear of what would happen to their pony counterparts, I would not hesitate to kill each and every individual responsible for this, starting with you..."

The principal simply stared back.

"Nonetheless," the princess continued. "It does not mean there will not be repercussions...Anybody who had any part whatsoever in this will be coming back to Equestria. And they will be staying there."

"Now wait just one minute..." The principal finally found her voice. "That sounds like a threat, and a rather harsh one at that. As the principal, I'm responsible for the safety and well-being of my students."

"Yes...and what a fine job you've been doing of that..." The principal said nothing to that.

"And as for it being harsh..." Celestia looked the principal in the eye. "Seems we in Equestria value life more than here. From what I understand, in this world, attempted murder gets you a mere ten years in prison. Try it in Equestria, and it'll get you a thousand years in stone! And don't think that just because I'm known to be forgiving, means I won't do something like this. I banished my own sister for a thousand years when she tried to take over Equestria...I assure you, we take matters like this VERY seriously in my world."

"They're at the police station right now." She argued. "How would you get them out of there to the portal?"

"Oh, I may not be able to just snap my fingers and have them all teleported to Equestria in chains...but I know someone who could."

"This is insane! They are kids!"

"Oh, they have proven themselves to be much more than kids..."

"Show some mercy..."

"Mercy?? I am able to teleport them to Tartarus if I wanted to! This is merciful!" The principal flinched.

"Would...would this include Rainbow Dash?"

"Rainbow knew what she was doing, and what she was getting herself into. She indeed had deliberate harmful intentions, so yes, this includes Rainbow Dash."

Principal Celestia said nothing...what could she say? How could she argue with the ruler of an alternate dimension? She tried looking to Twilight, but Twilight had no interest in defending the principal or her students.

"As for you...I suppose you'll have to stay here and keep doing your job...even if you're doing a terrible job at it..." The princess took a seat by Sunset's side.

"Now leave this place. You've done enough..." Princess Celestia said coldly.

There was a long pause, before the principal quietly got up, and left without another word.