• Published 15th Nov 2015
  • 15,555 Views, 611 Comments

Silent Night - cerealkiller78



It’s the Christmas season, and all are at home with their families..except one. Labeling her as a scapegoat during the Anon-a-miss incident, a number of students have abducted Sunset, intending to make her pay.(branchoff from Dainn's "Anon-a-Miss")

  • ...
30
 611
 15,555

chapter 18

Upon arriving back to the castle in Canterlot, Celestia called for Discord.

"Discord!"

There was a short pause, before Discord poofed into the room, wearing a towel, and holding a rubber ducky.

"Seriously Celly, can I not even take a bath without you calling for me?"

Celestia ignored him. "I need you to teleport those students you previously brought here, back to where they were before, and I need Rainbow Dash here."

"Oh, one moment..." His bath attire poofed into a waiter's attire. "Anything else you would like to order?"

"Just do it Discord..."

Grumbling, he snapped his fingers. Rainbow Dash poofed into the room, looking confused, while at the same time, staring in awe at the grand room she now found herself in, before her gaze found Celestia, and her expression turned to one of fear.

"Done Celly, may I kindly get back to my bath now?" He asked, clearly annoyed.

"Yes, that will be all Discord."

He grumbled before disappearing, leaving dozens of little lips making "bracking" noises at Celestia before disappearing.

Rainbow would have questioned about the strange creature, but she was too petrified with fear of the pony in front of her.
Celestia wasted no time, and went straight to the point.

"You are here because Sunset has requested you sent back to your own world...Congragulations, you are being set free at the request of the one you helped set up."

Rainbow didn't say anything. She couldn't. What could she say? She was speechless.

"She has also requested to see you."

"She...did?" Rainbow asked meekly.

"Yes, and we are going right now."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rainbow stood at the doorway to Sunset's hospital room. It felt so good to be human and back in her own world, and she owed it all to Sunset.

Taking a deep breath, she put her hand on the doorknob and turned it. The door opened up, revealing the room. Yes, Rainbow had already been in this room, but it was going to be a new experience altogether now that Sunset was conscious.

Her legs feeling like rubber, she approached the bed. Sunset was awake, and turned her head and gaze to the rainbow haired girl.

Neither said anything for the longest period of time. A pindrop could have been heard. Finally, Rainbow dropped her gaze to the floor in shame. That was when the silence finally was broken.

"Look at me Dash." Sunset said quietly.

Rainbow shook her head, refusing to look back at Sunset.

"Why? Did they beat me to the point that I am too hideous to even look at anymore?"

Rainbow burst out in sobs at that moment.

"I'm sorry Sunset! I-oh God, what have I done? I should be the one in that bed right now! I'm so, so sorry! I'm the hideous one. You're beautiful and amazing Sunset. You're a better friend than I'll ever dream to be! Forgive me Sunset."

There was a long silence before Sunset finally spoke again.

"I forgive you Dash...but only for my own sake and sanity." Sunset said quietly. "Because I know that if I don't let go of what has happened this past month, it will eat away at me for the rest of my life. But this does not mean we will ever see eachother again after this meeting right now...I'm going back to Equestria, and I have no intention to return...in fact I mean not to."

Rainbow nodded in understanding, not showing how much this answer broke her inside.

"You go wherever you feel happy Sunset. I'm going to jail right ater this. It's where I belong..."

Sunset didn't say anything.

After another long silence, Rainbow turned to leave. As she put her hand on the doorknob, she looked back one last time.

"Thanks for having them bring me back here. I can't imagine why you would want me out of there after what I did...It means the world to me...literally."

Again, Sunset didn't say anything.

Rainbow put her head down, and closed the door.

Comments ( 39 )

Rainbow nodded in understanding, not showing how much this answer broke her inside.

This is one of those A-a-M stories where Dash had fallen in love with Sunset before the shit hit the fan, isn't it?
Poor Dash.

10442000
actually, no. I don't write slash. This is simply Rainbow feeling broken that Sunset doesn't want to be in this world, or see any of them anymore, and the fact that she's part of the reason why.

10442021 Ah, okay.
And that's pretty understandable, because you can't really blame Sunset for feeling that way, really.
Not after all the hell she's gone through.
I still feel sorry for Dash, though.
Yes, she brought all this on herself, but at the same time my heart breaks for her, as she threw her whole future and friendships away over what was basically a more aggressive version of "Gabby Gums".

"I'm sorry Sunset! I-oh God, what have I done? I should be the one in that bed right now! I'm so, so sorry! I'm the hideous one. You're beautiful and amazing Sunset. You're a better friend than I'll ever dream to be! Forgive me Sunset."

This feels more like a Rarity apology to me mostly the emphasis on beauty

Anyway great to see an update.
Kind of love the idea that Celestia constantly summons Discord at inconvenient times for him.

10442041
oh dang! I gotta go rewrite this whole thing now! :pinkiegasp:

It's been a while, but I'm glad you decided to continue this fic.

First it's here, then it's gone, then it's here again. Anyway...

They may all end up in psychiatric wards for the rest of their lives instead of jail for 10 - 15. Seriously when asked what happened to them, how they got out and where they were, their answers alone will get them committed.

10442056
dude, when are you gonna update this story?
plus, why brand her cheek?, bit fucking far if you ask me, i'm sure Gilda has limits and wouldn't even dare go this far surely!

10442048

10442048
dude, when are you gonna update this story?
plus, why brand her cheek?, bit fucking far if you ask me, i'm sure Gilda has limits and wouldn't even dare go this far surely!

10446703
because if the writer doesn't make everyone aginst Sunset do things like this people will realize that Sunset has acted bad enough in the past to deserve to be hated after all she did buly the school for a few years, mind rape her classmates into an army then got off scot-free and to make matters worse she was permitted to roam free among her victims.

Just imagine waking up in the middle of the night after dreaming you were mind-controlled to kill your friends or family than having to go to school and even farther increasing your trama by seeing the one who mind-controlled you in the first place walk around having fun with her friends.

So in other words yes the writer has to have Sunset treated as badly as possible so people don't notice that it's perfectly justified to hate and fear her and that she deserves everything she gets after all she should be spending the rest of her life in jail

Great to see this story continue.

10447122
still gilda and lightning dust and the crew are fucked, very, very fucked...

I'm glad this is updating again. 8 out of ten story. Very Good.

Great update! Looking forward to seeing more. Keep up the good work.

This is great so far I love it, I kinda hope for Sunset and Celestia to have a better parental relationship now .

Damn. Will you update? I want to know what happens next!

8485308
I agree with you
Everyone keeps saying that Celestia is being harsh by taken those students to Equestria because it's not in the in the juridical system but if you pay attention to her actions you would realize that she was hurting because the one pony she viewed as a daughter is in the hospital, on the brink of death and she just wants to give out a punishment she thinks is the best cause she is thinking like a parent, not a ruler. Any parent would do whatever is in their power to make sure their child doesn't end up end the hospital. Celestia is just trying to make sure something like this never happens to sunset again.

Any news on the next chapter?

At least she forgave RainbowDash, even though she's gonna return to equestria after she's checked out of the hospital when her injuries heal. I hope she talks tho the others as well before she "leaves"

10553866
Agreed.
Cerealkiller78 when is this story getting updated? Or is it cancelled?

10611288
it's still going. Just very slowly. I actually already have the epilogue all ready...it's just a matter of getting to that epilogue now. Don't know how much longer the story will be. I want to wrap it up soon if I can. I feel like i'm getting to the point of running on fumes for this story.

10611309
Awwww


over already? Well that sucks but looking forward to the ending


Wondering how it will end

10611309
will this story get a sequel?

NOOOO PLEASE CONTINUE THISS PLEASEEEE🙏😭

10630275
if I stick with the current epilogue I have planned, then no.

I wasn't happy with the ending at all. It's like the girls never became friends and Sunset went back to Equestria. I hated the branding iron, everytime I use that scene in my stories and I portray the user as 'Oklahoma' (an offbeat WCW pompous twit from pro wrestling ) and his boy Dr. Death (Steve Williams the pro wrestler before his death), makes me want to take that branding iron and bash their heads in. Just a bastard way to put Sunset's cutie mark on her face like that. I would've had a healing superhero in Sailor Moon, Chibi Moon, Saturn, or Tuxedo mask take that barbaric mark away. I understand people write stories differently, I just hate the gore scene that took place and the end of Sunset and her friends forever.

oh my goly gosh 😭😭😭😭:fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry:

How's the epilogue coming along??

This is a great story! :pinkiehappy: I can't wait to read the next chapter! :raritystarry: Keep up the good work! :twilightsmile:

10800712
Still waitin' on that update.

10934129
i'm currently in the works of writing a Cozy Glow story for the Cozy Glow Short Story Contest. My life is pretty busy right now too. I honestly don't know when the next update for this story will be. I'm gonna finish the Cozy Glow story, and then probably take a break for a while.

10935363
Hey, it's me again, just wanted to check up on you and see if you're alright. I worry about you.

11006693
awww, don't worry, I'm fine. I just keep getting caught up in other writing projects. Now, i'm writing a story for the mlp generation 5 bingo contest.

I'm not worried about the lack of updates, as much as I am about the word count on that most recent chapter... you trying to send a message there, or something?

I’d be worried about the year+ lack of updates if not for the author’s continued activity on the site. I think I saw a blog post about an epilogue, so I can only assume the delay is from editing. I hope for more soon.

I can only hope that this story finally gets finished.

Such a awesome story. Hope it will update again. Take what time you need. Hope all is well.

Login or register to comment