• Published 15th Nov 2015
  • 15,575 Views, 611 Comments

Silent Night - cerealkiller78



It’s the Christmas season, and all are at home with their families..except one. Labeling her as a scapegoat during the Anon-a-miss incident, a number of students have abducted Sunset, intending to make her pay.(branchoff from Dainn's "Anon-a-Miss")

  • ...
30
 611
 15,575

Chapter 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfVDM0z14T4

These are the kind of songs that currently littered the city of Canterlot. Everywhere you went, be it shop, café, mall, or restaurant, everyplace was playing songs and wishing tidings of good cheer, as was the norm at this time, the most wonderful time of the year.

But just because everyone calls something wonderful, doesn’t mean it is wonderful for everyone. Sometimes the most wonderful time of the year for one person, can be the most terrible time of the year for another.

Death. T.V. makes it so dramatic.

A person dies while the skies weep their tears of rain. People suffer while songs of mourning play.

But this is hardly ever the case in real life. In real life, people die while the sun shines on, and not a cloud is in sight. People suffer while others are wishing tidings of peace and joy, and singing songs of good cheer.

Thus was the case with a certain fiery haired girl who was, at the moment, receiving the kind of treatment she deserved least of all.
Wrongfully accused of a crime she didn’t commit, treacherously set up for an ambush, she was brutally beaten half to death, before finally losing consciousness.

Little did she know that her abusers weren’t near finished with her, and were only getting started.


Sunset had lost consciousness not long ago, and it wasn’t too long after, that the other students began to take notice.

“Hey! Guys!” One of them said trying to get the other’s attention.

“I think she’s out cold!” Once the other students began to take notice of this, they began to cease their brutality. One of them checked Sunset for a pulse.

“She’s still alive.” They confirmed.

“Anyone got a knife or somethin’?”

Before anyone could answer that, Gilda came storming over, a large bruise now just below her left eye.

“Don’t be a bunch of stupid morons, we can’t have blood all over the gym floor!” She winced as a shot of pain went through the bruise suddenly.

“You’re lucky she didn’t get you right in the eye.” One of them pointed out.

“Tell me about it…” She groaned.

“I don’t know about the rest of you guys…But I’m not near done with her.” There were a bunch of resounding approvals at that.

“Where are we gonna take her then? We can’t exactly leave her here…” Another pointed out.

“No we can’t. But there is an old abandoned factory outside of Canterlot that I know of, it’s in the middle of nowhere, and it’s about a good 20 miles from the city limits.” She smiled darkly.

“It should be perfect.” There were some cheers around, and Dumbbell picked Sunset up from the floor as they began making their way out.

On her way out, Gilda passed by lightning dust, who was currently nursing a rapidly bleeding nose.

“Oooooh…”

Gilda scoffed.

“Oh suck it up lightning, you missed everything.”

“Ah think she broke bah doze….” She moaned while clutching her nose.

“Ya? Well, she pelted me in the face with her phone, you don’t see me whining…” She continued past lightning, out the door, as lightning finally got up, moaning all the while, and still holding her nose.

Once they were outside, they opened the trunk to Gilda’s car, and stuffed Sunset inside, before getting into their individual cars to head out. Gilda got in her car, before looking at Lightning, still nursing her nose. Gilda gave an irritated sigh.

“Get in the car, crybaby, I’ll give you a ride.”

“To dah hopital would be dice” She groaned, getting inside.

She put the key in the ignition, starting the car.

“You’ll survive.”


Upon arriving at their destination, Gilda got out of the car, as everyone else arrived soon after. They got Sunset out of the trunk and made their way inside of the worn down, decrepit building, which was being grown over with vines and branches.

The place wasn’t unlike something you’d see in haunted, abandoned places photos. It was huge, with the aged architecture, and all around deserted feel of the building cloaking the whole place in an eerie air.

“Dude!” One of them exclaimed, looking around everywhere.

“How OLD is this place?... How come I never KNEW about it??”

They got to an open area, where they put Sunset down on the floor, and tied a gag around her mouth, with a blindfold over her eyes. After which, they proceeded to tie her arms and legs.


Pain…It was the very first thing she became aware of. It started out as small, only to grow as her body became more aware of its surroundings. She tried moving her arm, only to stop immediately as a sharp stab of pain went up her arm through her body, causing her leg to twitch, which in turn, caused even more pain to erupt, and her head….Oh her head, it felt like the mother of all migraines….She took in a deep breath, only to gasp and cough violently in the middle of that breath, causing her chest, her ribs the most…to join in the cacophony of pain her body was in. She found the simple act of breathing very hard, and even found it hard to be able to cough, due to something being tied around her mouth tightly.

In the middle of all this, she heard a voice through her buzzing ears.

“Hey! I think she’s waking up!”

She didn’t want to wake up….the more aware she became, the more the pain grew. She just wanted to sleep….

She was jolted back awake by a hard kick to the back, which jarred her entire body, heightening the pain all the more. She wanted to cry, she wanted to scream, but the most that came through the gag was a pained whimper.

“Awww, is the big bad Sunset not feeling so big and bad anymore?” Someone mocked.

“Who’s in control now freak?!” Another voice joined in, punctuating the word “freak” with another kick, this one to her already fragile ribcage, forcing a yelp from her, before another violent coughing spell took over.

By the time this one finally ended, someone was standing in front of her. She couldn’t see it for whatever was blocking her vision, but she sensed it. Kind of like when you close your eyes, but know someone’s watching you, or is in front of you. She flinched involuntarily, expecting another kick to the face.

She wasn’t disappointed. Her head reeled back from the force of the kick, and she felt herself lose consciousness again.


She wasn’t sure just how long she had been out this time, but as she woke up again, so did the pain, It came back in full force. She wanted to hide the fact that she was awake for as long as possible, but her body betrayed her as she couldn’t hold back sounds of pain from escaping from her lips. That, and her body was making random twitching movements. Soon enough, the inevitable happened, and they took notice.

“Well, well, looks like sleeping beauty finally decided to wake up…How unfortunate for her.” Someone was in front of her again. Sunset braced herself, expecting another kick, but this time was actually surprised when she felt the blindfold around her eyes get yanked off.

She squinted her one good eye, trying to adjust to the sudden light. It was already dark out, but they seemed to have brought a battery powered spotlight to account for that, wherever they were…The spotlight only lit up so much after all.

After her eyes had adjusted somewhat, she looked upwards and saw the imposing build of Gilda towering over her.

“Just so you know, you’re at an abandoned factory 20 miles outside of Canterlot, and we are the only ones who know where you are, so no one’s coming for you. Don’t worry though, we won’t leave you alone, we’ll take rotations coming up here to keep you company….”

The temperature in the room seemed to drop even lower at the cold, heartless tone in which she had ended her sentence.

"But maybe if you’re good, we might be nice. Heck, we might even make you our pet….Our little pony.”

“Hey Sunset!” Someone suddenly called from a distance, a male voice.

“You ever seen a horse in this world? When a person owns a certain one, we give them our own little cutiemark...”

Sunset didn’t know what he was talking about, but a pit of unease grew inside of her as he came into her field of vision holding a metal rod of some sort with the shape of a sun at its end. Her worry intensified as she noticed its red hot end as he approached her.

“I recall you once saying a sun was your cutiemark in Equestria. Care to have it back?...”

Her good eye widened as she tried to scream out objections through the mouth gag, earning another kick to her side. She gasped in pain for a moment, but her body was now running on adrenaline, and she put up all the fight she could muster with her hands and legs tied, her body being oblivious to the pain for the time being.

Some other students moved in to hold her down, as he approached her, and held the metal above her, waiting for her struggling to cease.

Sunset kept at it for quite some time, before her body finally felt the effects of it all, and she gave in to the fact that this was a hopeless fight.

There were six students on her by the time she finally quit struggling, and she was left panting for breath as one student dug the side of her face into the ground, while two others pinned her legs down, and another two her arms. Now giving the guy multiple areas to choose from without her struggling.

“I always wanted to be a wrangler when I grew up. Looks like my wish came true. Hey! From what I’ve heard from you and twilight about Equestria, ponies only get their marks on their rumps. But the thing with this, is that we can put it anywhere.” He put the metal close to her arm, the heat feeling dangerously close.

“Here…” He teased, before moving it to her shoulder.

“Here….” Then slowly moved it up to her face, just holding it centimeters from her cheek.

“Or…Here.” Sunset didn’t move a muscle for fear of how close it was…The heat feeling unbearably close.

He smirked as he held it there, hovering over her face for a moment.

“Ya….I think I like it right….here.” He pressed the sun shaped end down onto her cheek upon finishing his sentence, holding it there. Sunset’s screams resounded through the building as her skin sizzled and bubbled into the shape on the end. Her body would have thrashed and convulsed, but was still held down by the others.

After what felt like forever to Sunset, he finally removed it. But that didn’t make the new pain go away. On the bright side, she was currently oblivious to all other pain in her body compared to her cheek, which now had an angry burn forming deep into her skin.

She just wanted to go home. Not her apartment... She had never considered that her home... Not the school, which though, once she did consider a sort of home and safe haven, now was a totally different story... and not to any of her friends...At least not in this world. They wanted nothing to do with her anymore.

She wanted to go back to her true home, which she had taken so much for granted in the past. She wanted those who truly cared for her....She wanted Celestia. She wanted Twilight....Oh Twilight....If she was going to die, she would have given anything to spend her last moments with her...With a real friend.

Author's Note:

I like to think of this song as this story's theme. (Ignore the video that goes with it)

Also, I'm making this story up as I go...So I might add tags later on, and I'm still debating on whether Sunset will die in this version or not...I'm leaning towards her dying...But I'm not one hundred percent sure...So, that's why it's not categorized as tragedy....yet.