• Published 2nd Jul 2012
  • 3,903 Views, 271 Comments

The Equestrian Refugees - InspectorSharpWit



After Blueblood usurps the Canterlot Throne, the Doctor sends the remaining supporters of the Royal Sisters away in his TARDIS. However, som

  • ...
27
 271
 3,903

Chapter The First

"Hiya there, Fluttershy! The email told me you'd be here! Come on in!" I grin.

She mummers a quiet thank you before stepping in, and I commenced the tour of the apartment. She began to loosen up when I got her to the kitchen, and by the time i showed her her future bedroom, a soft smile began to light up her face. When the tour ended, I offered her something to drink, which she gladly accepted.

"I hope you don't mind, but I don't keep alcohol in the house, as i don't drink much." I tell her as i reach in the cupboard for a glass.

"That's fine..." she responds. "Neither do I... I'll just get have some water... if you don't mind..."

"Hey, you're the guest!" With a sweeping motion, i get two glasses, each filled with water, and carry them onto the table. Giving her one of the cups, I sit down across from her. "Well, I suppose I should tell you that I keep animals in the apartment... I hope that's ok with you..."

The reaction was predictable, but none the less adorable: "No, that's great!' she says a little too loudly. Blushing from embarrassment, she lowers her gaze to the table. "I really love animals... I used to take care of a lot of them... back at home..." She got a sad, faraway look in her eye, and for the first time, it hit me: She didn't want to be here, did she?

"Are you alright?" I ask gently.

She sighs and looks up. "Yes... I'm fine... I didn't mean to bother you..."

"Not at all! Hey, would you like to see him? My pet I mean?"

Her eyes brighten and a smile grows on her face. "Yes, please. If it's not to much trouble..."

I go to my room and reach into the ferret cage to fish out my albino ferret, Hermes. Noticing the disgruntled look on his face (he's a bit of an introvert), I try to calm him down. "Hey, your going to really like Fluttershy, ok?" I whisper urgently. With the grumpy ferret in my arms, I head for the kitchen to show the shy girl.

The look on her face was enough to melt anyone's heart: A smile of childish wonder and joy spread across her face, and her eyes took an automatic maternal glow. "Aww, he's so cute!" she squealed, reaching her arms out to take the ferret. "What's his name?"

"Hermes." I smile, taking in her happiness. Hermes, in the meanwhile, had fallen in love with Fluttershy: He was chattering excitedly, and he rubbed himself against her face in the same way a cat would. "Do most animals do this around you?" I chuckle.

She giggles as Hermes climbs up her arm and settles himself on her shoulder. "Only a few rabbits..." she admits shyly. "And maybe some ducklings... and this one seal... oh, and those bears..."

"Are guys as attracted to you?" I blurt out.

Mr. Face? Meet Mr. Palm.

She blushes a deep red, but answers my question. "I-I-I'm dating someone right now..." she stammers. "I mean, you're really nice and all, but we've only just met... Not that that's bad! It's just, I mean, i really care about him, and- and we've put a lot of time into this, and-"

I just burst out laughing at her nervousness. "I get it, I get it! It was just a question!"

She breaths out a sigh of relief. "Oh good... I didn't want my new friend to be mad at me already..."

I turn to look at her. "Friend?" I ask dumbly.

"Is that bad?" she says uncertainly. "I'm sorry..."

"No no! I'm just... surprised... I mean, this is great!"

She smiles. "Good. I think I'm really going to like it here..."

"So, you're moving in?"

What my brain was screaming out to me: "No shit, Sherlock?!"

She nods, still smiling. "I'll be here next Friday."

"Excellent!" I grin. Looking at the stove clock, I notice nearly two hours had passed. "Hey, isn't it about time for you to go?"

Looking at her own watch, she gasps in surprise. "Oh no! My friends are waiting for me downstairs!"

I do yet another double take. "Friends?"

She nods. "Oh yes, my friends and I are all moving into this building. I really think you'll like them... Maybe you can meet them on moving day? If it's alright with you?"

I laugh, leading her to the door. "I can't wait till Friday! I'll see you then!"

She smiles, and unexpectedly gives me a hug. "Goodbye!" she says, and rushes out the door.

I stand outside the apartment for a minute before calling "Are you going to give me back my ferret?"

She blushes and runs back to me, handing me a very reluctant Hermes. "Ohmygosh, I am sooo, sorry!" she cries.

I just chuckle. "No problem. See you Friday!"

She nods, and runs back down the hall, out of sight. I chuckle a little before taking Hermes back to my room. "So you liked her, huh Hermes?" I murmur to the ferret. "I liked her too... And I bet you we're going to like her friends too... But why are they here? Shouldn't they be in Equestria? What happened there?" I pause before bringing him up to my face. "Why am I even talking to you? Oh, whatever. I guess we'll just find out Friday, won't we, buddy?"

Hermes chattered plaintively, as if asking me to put him back in his cage.

"... You know, it sucks to talk to you!" I chuckle as I stuff the albino ferret back into his habitat.