• Published 4th Nov 2015
  • 2,455 Views, 199 Comments

Fast Times at Stinky Sugar - PresentPerfect



A bunch of weird things happened in Friendship Games. These are stories about them.

  • ...
18
 199
 2,455

Power Pony Up!

Power Pony Up!
by Present Perfect

"Is there anything you do know?" Sunset growled, shaking her finger in Twilight's face. "Like how to get our magic back? Or how to fix the portal to Equestria?"

"Equestri--"

"You're supposed to be so smart!" Sunset placed her hands on her hips, waggling her head accusingly. "Did you ever think maybe you shouldn't mess around with things you don't understand?"

Twilight's eyes filled with tears. "But I want to--"

"Uhh, Sunset?" Applejack raised a hand, but Sunset ignored her.

"But you don't understand!" Sunset shouted. Twilight quailed before her.

"Sunset," Rainbow added, "you might wanna--"

"You all understand!" Sunset whirled on her friends, who likewise shrank back. "I mean don't understand!"

Rarity gulped. "B-but, Sunset, if you would only look--"

"I AM SORT OF REALLY STRESSED OUT RIGHT NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED!"

As Twilight ran away screaming, Sunset felt a tingle run down her spine. She lifted into the air, eyes closing. Something shifted atop her head. Her hair elongated. A small horn sprouted from the middle of her forehead. She posed dramatically.

"Wow, Sunset!" Fluttershy said. "You ponied up!"

Sunset looked down at herself, a moue of confusion forming on her lips.

"Yes, but... why?"

Pinkie took a deep breath.

"Every time one of us ponied up, we were demonstrating a key element of our personality, namely elements that might, in another world, be considered virtues and be strong enough to fuel powerful magic, since they were strong enough all by themselves to cause magic to happen in our supposedly non-magical dimension, which means that just now, you were showing us your true self, Sunset Shimmer!"

Confusion was replaced by horror. Sunset stared at her hands. "My... true self?" She could swear her fingers were growing.

Rarity laid a hand gently on her shoulder. "I suppose there is a reason it's hard for us to forget the time you turned into a demon, darling."

Applejack chuckled. "Heh, I always knew that blazin' sun logo on your jacket had more meanin' to it than a crush on the principal." She gave Rainbow Dash a pointed glance.

Sighing, and with a dramatic roll of her eyes, Dash pressed a wad of bills into Applejack's open palm. Applejack stuffed it in her pants, grinning.

"Much obliged."

Author's Note:

Sunset Shimmer is an angry pony. :B Also, if you liked this, consider reading And It Was Going So Well, Too, which uses the same fucking joke because I am a hack. D: