• Published 25th Oct 2015
  • 169 Views, 0 Comments

The Birth of Swirling Space Vortex - DarkLadyTrinket



On Levade Island a new foal is born to Crescent Moonbeam and husband Night Shadows

  • ...
 0
 169

The Day Swirling Space Vortex was Born

A little blue morpho butterfly flutters on the breeze as it leaves Equestira's Horshoe Bay. And then again after several days have passed when it reaches an island. The butterfly continues through the forest to a sign reading, Now entering Daisyville. Population 110. It continues onward and almost flies into the face of a short dark blue unicorn stallion waiting at a mailbox outside a small cottage home while reading a book.

The unicorn stallion lifts his head up from his book when he hears a voice coming from inside the cottage.

"NIGHT SHADOWS!"

Night Shadows eyes grow wide and drops his book onto the ground. He gallops into the house to the side of a much taller minty green Pegasus mare with darker minty green mane and tail. He tilts his head back to Look up at her, "Cres?"

She pants while speaking, "We... need... to get... to the..." she lifts her wings, "hospital!"

Night Shadows eyes grow even wider. He leans against his wife's side and leads her outside to the wagon and helps her into it.

"I'll be right back Cres. Have to get your weekend bag." He turns from his wife and goes inside to grab a weekend bag with the names, Crescent Moonbeam and Night Shadows Vortex on it.

Once Night Shadows is back outside he tosses the luggage in the back of the wagon before hitching himself to the front of it. Using his magic as well as his physical strength he pulls the wagon along. Very slowly.

Crescent Moonbeam cries out, "Hurry Shad!"

Night Shadows doesn't hesitate as he picks up the pace as fast as he is able to. Managing only to go a tiny bit faster than before when a tall rugged light blue-grey Clydesdale earth pony stallion with blue hair that has a streak of pink through it and wearing a yellow hardhat and purple bandana. Upon seeing him, Night Shadows calls out, "Pardon me! Could you help me?"

The earth pony turns to look at him.

Night Shadows blinks upon recognition. "4-Speed! Thank goodness. My wife is about to have a foal. Can you help me pull this wagon to the hospital?"

4-Speed blinks, "A foal?" After a moment he smiles and stomps one of his hooves on the ground. "Of course I'll help Shad."

He untethers Night Shadows from the wagon and puts him in the wagon with Crescent Moonbeam before hitching himself up to the transportation device. Without a word he takes off at a gallop down the dirt road to the Hospital.

Crescent Moonbeam chuckles albeit uncomfortably as her husband clings to her and speaks brokenly through gritted teeth due to labor pains, "You don't really like going so fast, do you?"

Night Shadows shakes his head, "But its fine. The sooner we get to the hospital, the better."

The wagon passes several blue morpho butterflies when 4-Speed begins to slow down before coming to a full stop in front of a small hospital.

Night Shadows lets go of Crescent Moonbeam to hop down from the wagon. Turning to his wife he offers a hoof to help her down.

Walking beside his wife, he turns his head and smiles, "Thank you 4-Speed."

"You're welcome Shad. Any time you need someone to drive you, you know where to find me," he says while untethering himself from the wagons reins before walking off.

An Earth Mare Doctor and Pegasus Stallion Nurse rush outside the doors of the hospital with a wheel chair.

Upon sitting in the wheelchair, the nurse whisks Crescent Moonbeam to the maternity ward behind the doctor.

Night Shadows follows them as they rush past a clock that has the big hand on the seven and the small hand on the nine.


Night Shadows grimaces as his wife's hoof squeezes his.

The doctor gasps, "An alicorn!"

The newborn wails.

Night Shadows glances at his wife with wide eyes who stares back at him with her mouth slightly agape.

The nurse turns to the doctor, "Doctor, please give me the foal so I can clean her up." She glances in the direction of the tired mother with a smile. "Don't worry, we wont be long. You'll have your little girl in a few minutes. I just need to give her a quick little wash."

Crescent Moonbeam nods, "As long... as you wont take...long. I want to... hold... her."

Night Shadows, "As do I. We will soon. She's got a healthy set of lungs it sounds like."

The nurse nods and leaves with the foal. The doctor trails behind him.

Crescent Moonbeam smiles, her voice growing lower, "She's perfect. Our little Swirling Space Vortex."

Night Shadows nods. "She is perfect," he hums, "but are you sure you want to name her that? What about Ananke or Kali?"

She shakes her head. "They don't sound right. Do you not like Swirling Space?"

He's quiet for all of three seconds, "I do like it. But what about Trinket Heart?"

She places a hoof to her chin and mouth while she takes a moment to ponder. "I like it, but... it doesn't exactly fit with either of our families naming traditions."

He tilts his head to the left, "Is that necessary? With names like Tiffany and Sparkle in the family? They don't exactly fit either."

"I suppose not."

The doctor and nurse return with the newborn foal whose been washed up and wrapped in a little pastel purple blanket.

The nurse hands the foal to her mother. "Here's your new foal. She's a little beauty. A lovely tobiano Gypsy Vanner filly with purple irises. Her coats two lovely blue colors with a dark blue mane and tail that has a couple purple streaks."

The doctor asks, "Do you have a name for her?"

Night Shadows and Crescent Moonbeam glance at each other before shaking their heads.

"Well, you've got some time to think about it. But a princess can't be without a name for too long."

Crescent Moonbeams eyes narrow, "How do you know she's a princess?"

The doctor is speechless.

The nurse asks, "Isn't it obvious? She's an alicorn."

Night Shadows frowns, "What does that have to do with anything?"

Crescent Moonbeam nods in agreement as she snuggles her foal close. "She'd be a princess even if she weren't an alicorn."

The doctor blinks, "How is that even possible? Only alicorns are princesses."

Night Shadows lifts a hoof to his wife's muzzle. "Forget it love," he moves the hoof to caress her cheek, "it's not worth explaining to simpletons."

The nurses jaw drops.

The doctor tosses back her head, "Why I never!"

Night Shadows ignores the doctor and nurse as he smiles at his wife, "I think its time to let our parents know they're now officially grandparents."

The alicorn foal yawns.

Crescent Moonbeam nods as her eyes begin to droop.

Night Shadows while gazing into his wife's eyes takes notice, "Love, let me take our little girl while you get some rest."

She nods and hands the foal to him.

He turns and glares at the medical staff. "I had better not read this in tomorrows' newspaper. I and my wife's foal is going to grow up as if she'd been born a common unicorn, pegasus or earth pony.

The doctor stares at him for the beat of a couple seconds, "Earth pony? But neither you or your wife..." she trails off as the nurse gives her a gentle nudge shoulder to shoulder.

"Doctor. One of them might have an Earth pony parent."

The doctors eyes grow small, "Oh! Right. Right."

Night Shadows nods and walks over to the corner of the room where a crib has been provided by the hospital. Smiling at his little foal he uses his unicorn magic to lift her up and place her inside the crib just as she closes her eyes.

Just outside the window a blue morpho butterfly passes by and flutters on the breeze, joining other blue morpho butterflies to the sign reading, Now Leaving Daisyville. Population 113.

Author's Note:

If I'm not mistaken this is the first time I've written pony fanfic... hmmn...

Anyway, what do you think of the foals name? Her parents names? Which OC would you like to know more about? And no... the Nurse and Doctor are just background ponies that have no names, sorry. They were necessary for the story, but...

Do you have any questions?

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment