• Published 23rd Oct 2015
  • 1,356 Views, 30 Comments

Agent of Chaos - Li_Time



Harry Dresden has dealt with a lot in his life. But when six mysterious girls pop up claiming to be ponies from another realm, Harry finds himself on a strange roller coaster filled with ponies, Outsiders, and strange Halloween pranks.

  • ...
10
 30
 1,356

Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Rainbow Dash

Let's just cut to the chase. I'll skip all of the boring stuff. Weather duties, that's a given. So is a major crisis, but that's more interesting than moving clouds. So I was in the middle of doing my duties when Fluttershy came to me about the news. We were summoned to Canterlot by Princess Celestia. Once we got there, we learned that Chaogent had escaped, and Discord had disappeared. So we were sent to another realm to find them.

I awoke alone in an alley of a city. What city it was, I didn't know. Give me a break, this is some realm I never been too...as far as I knew. I had to take some time to get use the form I was in, but it didn't take long. I was pretty quick at picking up a challenge, and not a moment too soon.

"Well, what do we have here?" came a male voice. I looked down the alley and saw three guys walking towards me. "Didn't anyone tell you not to hide out in dark alleys alone, little girl?"

I gave them a smirk and rolled my shoulders, stretching them a bit. "Nice hair," said the guy to the left. "Didn't know rainbow colored hair were a thing."

My eyes narrowed at that. I liked my mane and loved how it was a natural rainbow color, but this guy's remark seemed sarcastic. He was making fun of me. That was just begging for a fight. "What should we do with her, boss?" the guy on the right asked.

"Let's make her into a new play thing," the guy in the center said.

They started to walk towards me. "Oh," I said. "We're going to play? I love a good challenge." The guy on the left grabbed my wrist. I whipped my hand around, gripping his wrist and twisting it. He let out a sharp yelp of pain as I held his wrist there before giving him a good punch in the chest, knocking him back.

"You little bitch," their leader said. "Get her!"

It was a little different fighting in this form than in my normal form, but I guess because I know how to fight I was able to pick it up easily enough. They weren't even a challenge. I mean, where did these losers learn to fight. I was able to see their attacks easily and dodge them and counter.

"Wow, you guys are pretty lame," I said after sending them all to the ground. "I mean, this isn't even my normal form and you got your tails handed to you."

Their boss growled at me as he got up. "I don't know what you're getting on about, but you're dead." He put his fingers to his lips and whistled. I glanced around and saw more guys walking down into the alley from both sides. So taking on three punks was fine, but taking on a dozen...this was looking bad.

"Not cool," I said. I looked around at each of them as the three guys joined their group. I tried to figure out what I was going to do when I felt a cool breeze from behind me. I shivered as I looked around. A young woman seemed to step out of nowhere into the alley. She was tall and had icy blue hair that started as a dark blue at the roots and faded to a light blue at the tips. I also could see an image of a snake on her neck that disappeared under her clothes. She looked calm and cool and looked from me to the men on either side of the alley.

"Really, boys?" she said. "You can't beat one girl so you get more thugs? Honestly, you guys make me sick." She lifted what looked like a wand and pointed it at one of the guys. She mumbled a word I didn't understand and an arctic breeze blew out from it. Frost started to form on the guy.

"That's awesome," I said and I saw the woman smirk.

"You little," I heard of the guys say. I turned to see one of them charge. I stepped forward, grabbing his arm as he punched and rolled him over my shoulder, throwing him into a bunch of his buddies. They went down.

"Not bad," the woman said.

"Ya, I know,” I replied. “I'm awesome."

They charged at us and I went back-to-back with this strange magical woman. I could feel cold air coming from her as she used her magic to take out half of these thugs. I took out the others with my awesome fighting skills. Together, they didn't stand a chance.

Once they were scurrying away was when I relaxed and looked at the woman. "That was totally awesome!" I said in excitement. "Wow, you have some serious magic. I bet Twilight would love to meet you! I'm Rainbow Dash. What's your name?"

The woman gave me a funny look as if to figure me out, but she giggled and held out a hand. "I'm Molly. I'm The Winter Lady of the Fairy Court." I got what she was doing quickly and too her hand in mine. Her skin was ice cold to the touch, but I could feel the power in her. "Rainbow Dash? That's an interesting name. Love the hair."

Unlike the guys, I could hear the honest truth within her voice. "Thanks. Yours looks awesome too."

"So, where you from?” she asked. “You live here in Chicago?"

Chicago? Was that anything like Chicacolt? "Umm, not exactly," I said. "I was sorta sent here with my friends to find someone. But we got separated. There's Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy." She looked at me funny.

"Maybe I should make a call," she said. "I have a friend here in the city who could help."

"That would be great,” I said.

She walked away a bit and pulled out something from her pocket and held it up to her ear and spoke into it. "Hey, Hobbit, it's Molly," she said. Despite her walking away a bit, I could still hear her clearly. "Is Harry there?" She paused for a moment. I guess that thing let’s her talk with someone far away. "No, not our brother." She paused for moment. "Hey, mom. Is Harry there?” She waited for a response. “Thank you, mom."

I watched her as she waited. "What is that thing?" I asked her.

I saw her tilt her head a bit. "It's a cell phone," she told me. "You're seriously not from here, are you?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm not."

"Hold that thought," she said, turning away. "Hey, Harry....Ya, I just got into town. Listen, I kind of have a situation...Well, there's someone here who-” She stopped as if she was cut off. "Ya." She looked back at me, listening to whoever this Harry was. "Ya, her name is Rainbow Dash...Ya, I'm near the rift...Ok, see you soon." She pushed something on the cell phone and put it back into her pocket.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"It seems Harry might have found one of your friends,” she told me.

I felt excited and relieved that my friends were alright. Well, at least one of them were, but it was a start. I was most worried about Fluttershy. Being alone in a strange world like this would probably freak her out.

“Who is it?" I asked her.

"Twilight Sparkle,” she told me.

I was hoping it was Fluttershy. I knew Twilight would be able to take care of herself. Really, they all could, but Fluttershy was fragile and would probably curl up into a ball. At least I know where one of my friends were. Together, we could find Fluttershy and the others.

"Is something wrong?" the woman asked. "Are you not happy to see your friend?"

"It's not that,” I said. “I'm glad Twilight is alright. But she's not the one I'm most worried about. Twilight can take care of herself, but Fluttershy is probably terrified."

"Don't worry. If anyone could find them, it's Harry." She walked over to a trash can and sat down on it.

"So, what's a Winter Lady?" I asked her.

"You really know nothing about this world?" she asked.

"No,” I confirmed.

"Well, there's a fairy realm that sits close with our world,” she explained. “There are two fairy courts who run it, the Summer Court and the Winter Court. Each court has a Lady, a Queen, and a Mother, each stronger than the last. Each court has a Knight who serves the queens of each court, queens being all of us cause we're all queens even if only two are called as such. I am the Winter Lady. Harry, the man I was talking to on the phone, is my Knight."

This made my head dizzy. "What are you talking about? I'm just confused now."

She giggled a bit. "I guess it could be confusing. Think of me as a princess. There is a queen. And the mother is like a goddess. And then there's a knight who works for us."

"So, what do you do?" I asked.

"We deal with crap in the Nevernever, that's the fairy realm,” she said. “Except Harry. He deals with things in this realm. That's his job."

"So, are you all fairies?" I asked.

"Not really, she told me. “I'm human, but I've been close to fairies long enough to be eligible to become a lady. Harry is human. He'll stay human. I'll probably become a fairy over time. That's just how it is."

"So, do you control the weather here?" I asked. I mean, they were called the Winter and Summer Courts, right?

"Kind of,” she said. “The fairies can affect the weather, but it changes on its own. During the winter months, the Winter Court gets stronger, especially the Mother, the Queen, Harry, and myself. The Summer Court gets weaker at that time. But when summer rolls around, the Summer Court gets stronger while we get weaker."

Now I was more interested in how the weather acts on its own. "This place is really weird," I said. "Where I'm from, we actually have to change the weather ourselves. In fact, I work as one of the operators."

"How does that work?" she asked.

"Well, we were getting ready for an event,” I explained. “So, I was moving clouds and keeping a cool wind blowing through so it wasn't too hot and keep the sky clear. And we have winter to get ready for. So, we do races through the forest to knock the leaves off the trees. Then we cool the air down and bring in clouds filled with snow to start covering the land. After a few cycles, we have Winter Wrap-Up. We clear out all the snow, break up the ice in the lakes, and start planting seeds and waking up the animals who hibernate during winter."

I think she was trying to imagine a world where weather was manufactured because she looked deep in thought. I guess I had to imagine how weather was natural and no one had to go around to bring winter or rain somewhere. Then again, the Everfree Forest had it’s own weather, so maybe it’s not that farfetched.

My thoughts were interrupted by somepony calling out to me. I looked around and saw a dark skin young woman running towards me.