• Published 23rd Oct 2015
  • 1,357 Views, 30 Comments

Agent of Chaos - Li_Time



Harry Dresden has dealt with a lot in his life. But when six mysterious girls pop up claiming to be ponies from another realm, Harry finds himself on a strange roller coaster filled with ponies, Outsiders, and strange Halloween pranks.

  • ...
10
 30
 1,357

Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Fluttershy

Today was very interesting. After Harry got us, we went in search for Discord. I was excited to be able to look for him. I was even able to help convince a man to help us. I was so proud of myself. Though Rainbow Dash and I did get in a disagreement. I think she was getting anxious. But we were able to reunite with Applejack, Rarity, and Discord.

On our way back to Molly’s place, I stayed with Discord, keeping him company in the back of the minivan. After all that he went through, he was worn out. I’ll be glad when this was all over and we could all get some rest. This place was putting a strain on everypony. Even Pinkie Pie was tired. By the time we got back to Molly’s home, I was starting to feel tired.

With the help of Applejack, we got Discord into the home and to one of the spare bedrooms. “Oh, thank you, my dear Fluttershy,” he said as we laid him out onto the bed. “And you too, Applejack.”

I gave him a smile and sat down beside the bed, holding his hand. “Oh, Discord,” I said, hardly noticing Applejack leaving the room. “I’m so glad you are alright.”

“I’m glad you’re doing alright, Fluttershy,” he said. “This place is not a friendly place."

I remembered the encounter I had with the men in the alley and I folded my arms over my chest in a protective manner. "Ya, I learned that pretty quick. I was lucky Thomas showed up."

He chuckled a bit. "Yes. Say, Fluttershy.you know you don't have to stay with me all night. Go be with your friends. I'll be fine now."

"Did you need me to bring you anything?” I asked him.

“No. I just need to sleep,” he said.

“Well, alright,” I said. “But if you need me, I’ll be right in the next room.”

He gave me a smile. “Thank you, Fluttershy. You are so kind to me.” I gave him a smile, tucked him in, and left the room.

I went into the other room where the girls were all sitting. “How’s he doing?” Twilight asked me as I enter.

“He seems alright,” I said. “Just resting now.” I looked around, noticing that Pinkie wasn’t there. “Where’s Pinkie Pie?”

“She’s asleep in Molly’s room,” Rainbow said. “She was really worn out.”

“And she said she wasn’t feeling well on the way here,” Twilight added.

“I hope she’s alright,” I said.

"Well, I think we should get some rest," Twilight said. "Tomorrow is Nightmare Night. And if the princesses' fears are right, if we don't stop Chaogent tomorrow, our world and this one may be doomed."

We nodded in agreement and got ready for bed. The bed had been a little crowded with just four of us last night. Even with just one more, we couldn’t all fit on the bed. So, Twilight and Rainbow took the floor. Molly helped us set up some sleeping bags for them. I guess Molly was staying with Pinkie to take care of her.

I fell asleep quickly after laying down. The dream I had was lovely. I was home, feeding my animal friends on a wonderful Spring day. Spring was always my favorite time of the year. The smell of grass and flowers filled the air, the birds were singing, the scene was perfect.

I smiled as Angel hopped over, happy and ready to eat. I smiled as I pushed a salad over to him and watched as he started to eat. But after a moment or two, he looked up and out at the Everfree Forest.

"Is something wrong, Angel?" I asked in concern. He suddenly raced off towards the forest. "Wait, Angel." I started to chase him into the forest, despite being afraid of the place. Actually, I don't think I felt any fear.

I found Angel in the middle of a dirt crossroad. "Angel, you shouldn't run off like that," I said, approaching him. He turned to face me, but something was different. His eyes were wide and red and he opened his mouth wide showing fangs. My eyes widen in fear as I say him. "Angel?" I squeaked out.

Bat wings spread from his back and he leaped at me. Letting out a scream of terror, I turned and ran from him. I ran as fast as I could, but it was no use. I felt the vampire bunny jump on my back and it's teeth pierced my neck.

I woke up with a squeak of fear, putting my hand to my neck. No bite marks, but it seemed so real a moment ago. I looked around. My friends were still asleep peacefully. I was thankful too. I hated to have woken everypony up.

I slipped out of the bed, being sure not to wake up the others. As I started to sneak out of the room, I saw that everypony looked so different in the dark. It was kind of scary. I even thought Twilight was getting her shade of violet back.

I made it out of the room without waking them and made my way downstairs to get a drink. To my surprise, I saw light from the living room. I started to get scared as I made my way down the last few steps and entered the room.

Thomas was sitting on the couch. The light was coming from a lamp that was next to him. He was cleaning a curved sword. “Thomas?” I asked softly. “What are you doing here?”

“Harry asked me to stay,” he said, looking up at me. I noticed his eyes scanning me and I blushed, looking away and holding my arms over my chest. Even though I had on pajamas, I felt naked when he looked at me. “Can’t sleep?”

“I...” I hesitated. “I had a nightmare.”

“What was it about?” he asked, setting the knife down on the table.. I told him, sitting down on the couch next to him. “Sounds scary,” he said when I finished.

“Oh, it was terrifying,” I said. “I’m just glad it was only a nightmare. Oh, I can’t wait to go home so I don’t have to worry about nightmares anymore.”

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“Princess Luna watches over everypony at night and makes sure they don’t have any nightmares,” I said.

He chuckled a bit. “I wish we could have someone like that,” he said. “Well, relax. You’re safe with me.”

I smiled as I lead closer to him. “Thank you, Thomas. You’re so nice. Are all vampires as nice as you?”

“Not all of them,” he said as he wrapped an arm around me. I felt so comfortable with him. Was it because he was vampire?

“Thomas? Have you…” I cut myself off and looked down.

“What is it, Fluttershy?” he asked.

I felt his hand on my chin and he lifted my head so he could look at me. I blushed as I stared weakly into his eyes, leaning closer. I was surprised at first when he kissed me, but I melted into the kiss, wrapping my arms around him. Was this really happening? Was I falling...in love?

I then found myself thinking of Discord. He was a friend...a good friend. We spent lots of time together, and I cared about him deeply. And I knew he cared about me too.

I don’t know what happened, but something in me changed. What was I doing? Why was I kissing Thomas? My eyes shot open and I pushed him away. “I’m sorry,” I squeaked, scooting away from him.

He stared at me, putting a hand over his mouth. “It’s not your fault,” he said. “Maybe you should go try and sleep.”

I nodded as I got up. I didn’t know what to say, so I just turned and went up the stairs. What in all of Equestria just happened? It felt like I wasn’t myself when I kissed him. Like I was different. It was a little scary.

As I walked back to the bedroom, I looked down the hall at the door to Discord’s room. What made me snap out of it? Was there something about Discord that protected me? I sighed as I went back to the bedroom I was sharing with my friends. They seemed to still be asleep, so I quietly got back into bed.

I slept a little better this time, though I couldn’t remember what my dream was. I was kind of snapped out of my dream when we all heard a yell the next morning.