• Published 23rd Oct 2015
  • 1,356 Views, 30 Comments

Agent of Chaos - Li_Time



Harry Dresden has dealt with a lot in his life. But when six mysterious girls pop up claiming to be ponies from another realm, Harry finds himself on a strange roller coaster filled with ponies, Outsiders, and strange Halloween pranks.

  • ...
10
 30
 1,356

Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Rarity

I have to say, my day started like any other. I woke up, had breakfast with Sweetie Belle before she left to meet up with her friends, and got started on some orders I needed to fill. Pinkie Pie came by to get some materials. She's always throwing a party, so I've gotten into the habit of keeping some set aside for her when she wants to make some drapes and the occasional banner. Of course when she does, she invites me to the party also. This one being for the upcoming Nightmare Night. Two Nights 'til Nightmare Night Party.

If you ask me, I'll tell you I don't understand why she has to have a party for every little thing. Despite that, I still love her parties and would always go. Alas, this wasn't going to be a night for a party. As I worked on my orders, thinking about tonight’s party, my dear Spike came to visit.

This usually was great, I loved to see my dear Spikey-Wikey. This time, he brought news. Princess Celestia has summoned us. I know my duties as a friend to Princess Twilight was important, but I was so far behind on my orders. I also still needed to work on my Nightmare Night costume. Not to mention Pinkie's party tonight. I couldn't see why we must have a crisis now. Oh well, it can't be helped.

I went with Spike, using my magic to place him on my back. He always loved riding on my back for some reason. I didn't mind, I loved my little friend. He was always so helpful and cute.

It wasn't after we got to Canterlot with all of my friends that I found out what the fuss was all about. It seemed that Discord's brother, Chaogent, has escaped to another realm and Discord has disappeared in his search to find him. So we have to go find Discord and stop Chaogent. Seeing that it was our magic that stopped him in the first place, it was a safe bet that only our magic could do it again. Though we did have a little help last time. I'm sure we can do it without our mysterious friend's help this time around.


I awoke in a bed, a large, luxuries bed if I would say so myself. The room was big and filled with expensive arrangements, paintings, and vases. It wasn't until after I tried to push myself up out of the bed that I realized that I wasn't a pony anymore. In fact, I was...oh, what were they called again? A human? Yes, I think that's what they were called.

It took me sometime to figure out my new 'body' but I did. I was dressed in a simple white top with a simple light blue skirt with my cutie mark on it. Despite it being a simple design, I still liked it. I would much rather have something more fabulous than this if I was going to be in a world where clothes were a must, but this was a start. I looked around and started to get ideas from the sheets, the curtains, and the tablecloth on the nightstands. When I tried to use my magic, however, nothing happened. I put my 'hand' to my head and found that my horn was gone. That was disappointing. I depended on my magic a lot in my world. I guess I'll have to make do without it.

I didn't get to do anything though. A man walked into the room as I got up and looked at me. "Ah, you're awake," the man said in a gentle voice. He was dressed in a suit and his face looked serious and calculative. "Did you need water? Food?"

I felt my stomach growl at the mention of food, but I wanted to know what was going on first. "Where am I? And who are you?"

"I am Johnny Marcone and you are in my estate,” he told me. “You're lucky to be alive. You appeared in front of my car and was almost ran over."

I didn't know what he meant by a car, but I had the image of a carriage running over me. I could feel myself get cold with the thought. I guess I should thank him for not hitting me. "So, you brought me here?" I asked.

"I did," he said. "Could you answer a few questions for me?" I nodded. It was the least I could do for him saving me. "Who are you? And where are you from?"

I wondered if it was alright to tell him the truth. If I were Applejack, I would have said the truth, no matter how strange it would sound to these humans. Now that I thought of it, what happened to my friends. "I'm..I'm from another world,” I said. “I came here with my friends to find something that escaped here, and a friend who came here before us. Did anyone else appeared with me?"

"You were alone," he said.

"Oh dear, I hope they're alright," I said to myself. I looked at the man again. "Well, thank you for saving me, Mr. Marcone, but I must get going to find my friends."

"First, get some food," he said. "And I still have some questions to ask you. You can't expect to come into my city without some explanation."

"I told you, I'm looking for a creature that escaped here,” I said, a little worried now.

"But you never explained who or what you are," he said. "My employee, Miss Gard, was the one who looked you over for injuries. She informed me that you have magical powers, but it's nothing from our world, and you're certainly not human."

I tried to wrap my head around all of this. I guess there was no sense in hiding the fact that I wasn't human now. What caught my attention more was the fact that I still had magic, but how could I use it without my horn? I rubbed at my head again. I certainly didn't have a horn. I'll have to figure out how to work my magic later.

"Oh, I'm Rarity,” I said. “I guess I shouldn't hide the fact now that it's clear I'm not a human. I'm a unicorn pony from Equestia."

I saw the look on his face. It seemed to me that he was trying to figure out if I was being serious. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised by this. After all, I was surprised to learn that an alicorn that appeared in our world was a human. It was really the first time I met one before and wasn't sure if he was serious. Though it didn't help that a lot of other things were happening at the time, including him almost killing Pinkie Pie and Chaogent attacking us.

"Look,” I said, “I know it may sound crazy, but I am telling the truth. As for my magic...well, I guess it works differently here. I don't know how to use it."

"Well, it certainly isn't the craziest thing I've heard, Miss Rarity,” he told me. “But in my line of work I know nothing is too crazy. Come, let's eat and discuss what we can do with you."

My stomach growled again and I decided it would be best to get something to eat before I started my search for my friends. I nodded to him and he started to leave. "Oh, but I must change out of this simple thing," I said, looking down at myself again. "If I'm to go anywhere, I must dress in proper attire."

The man looked at me and gave a soft smile. "There's some clothes in that closet. Feel free to try on what you like."

"Yes, I guess that will do. I usually like to make my own clothes, but I guess time is of the essence." I walked over to the closet and opened it. I looked at all of the outfits and dresses. Some did not interest me but others really got my attention. I started looking through them until I found a really elegant dress that I must try on. I looked around to see that there was a changing screen nearby. I slipped behind that with the dress and changed into it. It took me a minute to figure out everything, I seemed to have some undergarments on also, but once I did, I stepped out and admired myself in a full body mirror.

My skin was a little pale, but it wasn't bad. It actually worked out well for me. My long blue hair was a little messy, but it still held the style I liked for my mane, and it worked perfectly with the dress. It was a blue dress, not the same shade as my hair, but it was nice and elegant. It glittered, as if there were shiny gemstones in the material, but I knew they were not. I spun around and almost tripped over my human feet, but I caught myself before I did. I liked it.

"Excellent choice," Mr. Marcone said. I gave him a smile as I flicked my hair with my hand.

"Thank you, darling," I said. "I could get use to this human form." I found a pair of shoes that matched the dress and pulled them on. I walked over to Mr. Marcone. He took my hand and placed it in his arm to hold onto him. I took it as a form of escort in this world and accepted it. "Such a gentlecolt."

The place was huge. If I didn't know better, I would say this man was a prince or something. He had lots of what looked like expensive decor and there were so many rooms that I had to say the place was a mansion. I've only ever known princes and princesses to have homes like this. There were lots of decor. Though I wasn't from this world, I could see a masterpiece when I see one. Even this unique statue of an older man who looked like he was holding up a hand to shield his eyes from a light looked spot on and realistic. Another of a man sitting with his head resting on his fist as if he was thinking and even looked like it was made of some type of metal. There were so many, I may have to stay here longer to see them all and learn about the art here.

As we made our way through the house, I met two other humans, both of which worked for Mr. Marcone. Miss Gard was very tall and had golden hair. She looked athletic and made me think she would be what Rainbow Dash would look like in this world. She didn't have that elegant talk that Mr. Marcone and I had. She sounded more rough and tough. When we gripped hands, I was surprised to be able to feel magic from her as she did from me. Perhaps I could ask her how to use the magic of this world.

The man that we met was called Mr. Hendricks. He was tall also and muscular. He also had bright red hair, but it was very short and looked flat as a table's surface. He also seemed to have a very thick neck. He didn't seem to talk much though. Despite just meeting them both, I had already formed ideas for new outfits for them. No matter where I was or my situation, I could always find time to make new ideas.

We made our way out of the home, which did turn out to be a mansion, and got in this device that was like a carriage but was certainly not. Mr. Hendricks got in the front while I got in the back with Mr. Marcone and Miss Gard. After we did, the thing came to life and started to move. My surprise must have shown on my face because Mr. Marcone explained to me that it was a limo and that it was use to transport us from one place to another. Oh, I was so excited to try out this new thing.

As we rode in this limo, Mr. Marcone started to ask me about my friends. "Oh, you will certainly like them," I said. "Well, some aren't as elegant as the rest of us, but they are all good friends. Let's see. Twilight is an alicorn. She can use magic like I can, but I'm sure that the magic in this world works differently, so she might be powerless like I am at the moment.

"Which reminds me, Miss Gard," I continued. "I would really appreciate it if you show me how to use my magic here. It could be useful to be able to use it."

I saw her consider me for a moment. "I will pay for your service, Miss Gard," Mr. Marcone said. With that, Miss Gard nodded at me. I couldn't really ask her to do this for free, though it would have been nice. Oh well, I guess she still has to make a living somehow.

"Thank you, Miss Gard,” I said. “And thank you Mr. Marcone. I really appreciate it."

"Not at all," Mr. Marcone said. "Please continue."

"Oh yes,” I said, getting back on topic. “Let's see, Rainbow Dash is the athletic type. Not really my style, but she is fast and loves a challenge. I imagine she would still have her rainbow color hair. Oh, then there's Fluttershy. The poor dear is probably scared stiff. I hope we can find her if not anypony else. I can't imagine what she could be going through.

"Then there's Pinkie Pie. She's hyperactive. I'm sure she is having a good old time. I wouldn't be surprised if we found her first. Then there's Applejack. She's pretty strong. But I'm sure she's found a friend of ours that lives in this realm."

"Who is it that you know here?" Mr. Marcone asked.

"His name is Hero,” I said. “He appeared in our world and we helped him get back after he helped us stop this creature that attacked us, the same creature we're trying to find now."

"You mentioned another one of your friends you're looking for," Mr. Marcone said.

"Oh yes,” I said, completely forgetting about Discord for a moment. “He's a little hard to describe. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't change his form her. In our world, he appears as a creature with different parts of different animals. Though the last time we were here to visit Hero, he appeared as a man in this black jumpsuit with a red shirt that had a badge over his left chest. I don't know if that means anything, but I've never seen it before. And it doesn't appear to be anything somepony wears around here,” I said, gesturing to the humans walking around outside.

I saw the two of them look at each other. I guess they were confused about that as well. "Well, in any case, my first priority is to find the friends I came here with." As I said this, the "limo" came to a stop.

"I'll have Miss Gard make a few calls," Mr. Marcone said. He looked at Miss Gard. "You know what to do, correct?"

"Yes, sir," Miss Gard said.

"Miss Rarity," Mr. Marcone said as the door open. "Shall we?" He got out of the limo and offered me a hand. I took it and got out.

"You are so sweet, Mr. Marcone," I said as he took my arm like before. Mr. Hendricks closed the door and got back in the front of the limo before it started to move again. "You treat me like a princess."

"I just wish to show you some hospitality during your stay here," he said as he guided me up to a fancy building.

"Welcome, Gentleman Marcone," said a nicely dressed man in all white. He then lead the two of us into a very nice restaurant. I looked around the place as we were taken to a table. Mr. Marcone, or I guess Gentleman Marcone, pulled my seat out for me.

"Thank you, my dear," I said as I sat down. He took a seat across from me as Mr. Hendricks came in and stood behind Mr. Marcone.

We started to talk. I asked him mostly about this world. It was very interesting to learn about it. The food was also very interesting. I did have to say that I loved the salads here. Miss Gard came up to us as we were eating and whispered to Mr. Marcone. I could barely make out what she said.

"There was no answer,” she said. “But I left a message to call.”

"Thank you, Miss Gard," he said. "Miss Rarity. I have someone in search of your friends. We will be informed when they have been found."

"Oh, that's wonderful news, Mr. Marcone,” I said, though from what I could make out it didn’t sound like they were able to reach this person. Oh well, maybe I just miss heard.

"Please, call me John,” he said.

I giggled a bit. "Only if you just call me Rarity."

He gave a hearty laugh and smiled at me. "I believe that is a fair trade, Rarity."

The rest of the evening went very well. After we ate, we went back to his mansion. Once we returned, Miss Gard helped me with my magic. It was odd to try and focus my magic without a horn, and when I mentioned this to her, she had the idea of giving me a wand. That certainly seemed to do the trick.

My horn and the wand worked a lot of the same way, a tool to focus my magic. I had to wonder if Twilight was learning the same as me. After a few hours, I was able to use my magic. I still had to work on it, I could only levitate two or three objects at a time. I just had to get use to how to use the wand as a focus point rather than my horn.

Miss Gard did inform me that if I practice enough, I could probably use my magic without a wand. Until then, I should continue to use it. So I practiced with it. And I practice by working on making new outfits. I couldn't really use my magic while I was sewing or cutting. I found it easier to use my magic for one or two things before I worked on something. I did discover that it took more out of me and that I was slowly getting a headache.

After working for a long time, I started to get tired. I yawned as I decided to call it a night. I just hoped that I would find out more about my friends in the morning. I changed into a nightgown, found a sleeping mask, and got ready for bed. I did my normal routine, getting my hair set and makeup cleaned off. Once I was all ready, I got into the bed.