• Published 23rd Oct 2015
  • 1,356 Views, 30 Comments

Agent of Chaos - Li_Time



Harry Dresden has dealt with a lot in his life. But when six mysterious girls pop up claiming to be ponies from another realm, Harry finds himself on a strange roller coaster filled with ponies, Outsiders, and strange Halloween pranks.

  • ...
10
 30
 1,356

Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

Twilight Sparkle

This was it. The final confrontation with Chaogent. At least, I hoped it was. I followed the others as we made our way to the park. I wasn’t use to being in the back, but there wasn’t much else I could do. If I had time to learn the magic here, I could probably be able to help. There was always the elements that my friends and I had within us, but I wasn’t even sure if that would work here. And now that we were in this weakened state, there might not be much we could do at all. I just hoped that Harry had a plan that would be of help.

As we walked, I realized that I didn’t see a park nearby. “Umm, where’s this park?” I asked.

“A block away,” Ms. Murphy said. “But there seemed to be a spell around it that makes anyone getting too close turn around. So, we’re walking there so Harry can break the enchantment and we can enter the park easily.”

“Speaking of,” Harry said, stopping. “I can sense the enchantment now.”

“That’s one hell of a diameter,” Thomas pointed out.

“Quiet,” Harry said. I watched him as he held up a hand and closed his eyes. I decided to mimic him, closing my eyes and focusing. I could feel him. I could feel Molly. I could even feel Rarity and Discord. Discord’s power scared me, but it felt restricted. It felt like his power was tied down and I could only feel a small amount.

I looked at Discord and realized he was watching me. “Twilight,” he said. “You should buy me dinner first.”

I blushed as I lost focus. “Sorry,” I said.

He gave me a smirk. “Try to focus,” he told me. “Use only a small ribbon of power to feel around you. It’s less noticeable. Try to pinpoint my power.”

I nodded and closed my eyes, focusing my power. I imagined exactly what he told me, a ribbon. I moved the ribbon slowly towards Discord and found him quickly. I didn’t know what he meant by pinpointing his power, but I tried to located it. Then I felt it and my eyes shot open.

“You’re cane!” I said at once.

He gave me a smirk. “I came here on my own free will, so I’m limited in my power. To get around that, I stored some power in my cane. Now, focus on Molly and Harry. You’ll find a pleasant surprise.”

I let out a nervous laugh as I started to repeat the process. What did Discord mean by that? Was there something about them that he wanted me to notice? I felt there power. Oh Celestia! Their magic was incredible. They had to be as strong as Discord. But...how? How is that possible?

I looked at Harry as he worked on the magical barrier. It was hard to believe that he and Molly were as powerful as Discord. Then again, Discord was limited right now. If that was true, than Discord was a lot stronger than I thought.

“Got it,” Harry said, snapping me out of my thoughts. “We should be able to reach the park without any problems, but keep your guards up.” No sooner than he said that, we heard a loud shriek. “Or they might know we’re here and now we have to move.”

He started to run forward, followed by Molly, Thomas, Murphy, and Discord. Fluttershy, Dash, and Rarity followed behind them with Applejack, Pinkie and myself following them. Poor Applejack. I've never seen her so helpless. Despite her condition, she was still determined to fight. She surely was a stubborn mule.

I could feel the power as we approached the park, steadily growing. However, when we went around the corner of a building and saw the park, the magic power felt like a heavy pressure on my chest. That power felt...wrong. It was a power used for unnatural things, things that should not exist. It was this power that I realize why Harry and Discord did not want us involved. We were so out matched.

No, I can't think like that. I’m the Princess of Friendship and these are all my friends. Fluttershy. Applejack. Pinkie Pie. Rainbow Dash. Rarity. Discord. Harry. Molly. Thomas. Even Murphy who I just met today was willing to fight with us. These are my friends and I have to think positive. We can do this. Eleven of us and two of them. I like those odds.

The park was dark, almost as if it was night already. In the center was...I don’t know how else to explain it. It was an empty void. It was eerie, but kind of obvious where they were. Harry stopped and looked back at us.

“Alright, everyone,” he said. “It looks like this is it. Stay close. I don’t know what to expect in there, so follow my lead. If I call for a retreat, don’t question it, just turn around and run like hell. If I tell you lot to leave, do it. Don’t be a hero.”

I nodded and looked at the others. They did the same, except Discord. I had a feeling he wouldn’t. All the same, he would run if he knew he couldn’t win. I was sure he would even turn and grab us on his way out, or at least Fluttershy.

Harry turn and started to walk towards the void. The rest of us, even Harry’s close friends, hesitated. Discord stepped forward first, and the rest of us followed. I stared at the void and felt myself get nervous. What was worst was that the closer we got, the more I felt that we needed to leave or we may never see home again.

Once we reached the void, we stopped and stood just outside the void. “Is it safe?” Thomas asked.

“Not sure,” Harry said. “Discord?”

“Let me check,” he said, stepping forward. I watched him as he lifted a hand and held it just a hair off the blackness. “Yep, it’s a void.”

“Thank you for the insight,” Harry said sarcastically.

Discord gave a grin. “It’s Chaogent’s work. We step through and we’ll be in another dimension. This would normally be a problem for you humans. You could step through but you’ll be trapped there without a being who can travel between realms.”

“Like you,” Harry said.

“Like me,” he confirmed.

“No one likes a gloater,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Says the pony who flies around gloating all the time,” Discord pointed out.

“That’s different,” she replied. “I’m awesome!”

Everypony looked at her. “You sound like a guy,” Discord said back.

“Shut up!” she shot back, crossing her arms.

“Ladies,” Harry said. “Could we focus? Potential world destruction in front of us?”

“Dresden,” Discord said. “You need to learn to have a little fun in the face of danger.”

“I have fun,” he said, annoyed. “But this is not the time to have fun.”

I noticed something when he said this. He wasn’t just annoyed. He was anxious. Something happened that is making Harry want to finish this quickly. I didn’t think it was because of us. Thinking back, he seemed to be in a hurry since he got to Molly’s.

“Harry?” I asked. “What happened?”

He glared at me, and I flinched. “Harry,” Murphy said with a stern voice.

I saw him take a deep breath and looked at the void. “They took my daughter,” he said. My eyes widen as Maggie’s happy face came to me.

“Maggie?” Thomas asked, surprised. “Why the hell did you not say so earlier?”

I looked back at the void and frowned. Now all of Harry’s friends were anxious, and it was understandable. A little girl was in trouble and it was this thing that came from our world that had taken her. I pushed passed everypony and stepped through the void.

This place looked nightmarish. Despite the void looking small outside, inside it was huge. It was like a whole world within this tiny area. The ground was red and dry with no vegetation at all. The trees were all long limbed and completely barien. The sky was black with a blood red moon hanging in the sky. In the distance there were wildfires. Chaogent stood several yards away with a hooded figure standing before it. Behind the two was a cage with a little girl sleeping inside it. That must be Maggie, and the hooded figure was Cowl.

Chaogent didn’t look any different than when he was in our world. His body was like a gorilla with a rattlesnake’s tail and a shark’s fin on it’s back. He also had a human leg as his left leg and elephant’s for his right. His left arm was a zebra’s hoof and his right was a cat’s arm and paw. His head was a lion’s head with a unicorn horn on his forehead and fly eyes. Compared to Discord, he looked terrifying.

I drew the wand that Molly had given me and pointed it at Chaogent, pushing power through it. However, someone grabbed my wrist and I looked up to see Harry. Everypony else stepped out of what looked like a black wall of water, rippling as they stepped through into this world. Discord took a deep breath as he stepped through and gave a smile.

“This is much better,” he said and started to shimmer and change. He turned to his normal self. “Welcome to my brother’s realm.”

“He has his own realm?” Harry asked, looking at him.

“Ya, we can make our own realms,” he said. “I should show you mine sometime. You’ll like what I did with the place.” He looked at me and the girls. “Since we’re here…” He snapped his figures and I was blinded for a moment. When my vision came back, I lost balance and fell forward onto all fours.

“Awesome! Rainbow Dash is back!” I heard Dash shout. I looked up and saw the flying blue pegasus doing flips in the air.

I glanced at the others and found that they were all their pony selves. I looked down at myself and found that I was back to normal too. I could feel my power flowing more naturally. I was excited to be a pony again and I felt like I could fight again.

“Yeehay! I feel like a young fillie again!” A.J. called out, bucking her hind legs in excitement.

“You said it,” Pinkie called back. “This feels so much better!”

“I’m in a cartoon,” I heard Harry said. I looked at him and noticed something I didn’t before. His colors were more darker and bland where ours were bright and colorful. To him, we probably looked a lot different than what he’s use to seeing a day to day basis. Maybe I didn’t notice it before because we were the same while we were limited to his world.

Our problem now was that we just gave ourselves away. Both Chaogent and Cowl had turned and were now watching us. Despite that, something seemed off. If I had to guess, Cowl said something because Chaogent turned to him and slammed his paw against an invisible wall. Cowl looked back at him, raising his arms into the air.

“Damn,” Harry said.

“What’s wrong?” Thomas asked.

“Cowl,” Harry replied. “He’s trying to absorb Chaogent.”