• Published 23rd Oct 2015
  • 1,356 Views, 30 Comments

Agent of Chaos - Li_Time



Harry Dresden has dealt with a lot in his life. But when six mysterious girls pop up claiming to be ponies from another realm, Harry finds himself on a strange roller coaster filled with ponies, Outsiders, and strange Halloween pranks.

  • ...
10
 30
 1,356

Chapter One

Chapter One

Twilight Sparkle

At first I thought I had awoken from a bad dream. I was laying on wood that made me think of my library home in Ponyville. It was made out of a hollowed out tree and I had found myself asleep on the wooden floor reading a good book many times before. However, I quickly remembered that the tree had been destroyed a long time ago; and this wood was different from the wood in the tree I had once lived in. Though as I opened my eyes, I felt that the place could have been a home made out of tree as well. In fact, I soon realized that it was a tree house, a wooden one room shelter that was built on and around a tree. As I took in the sight of the tree house, I remember what had lead up to finding myself here.

My day had started out like any other. I awoke in my crystal palace, which was really the best way to describe it, and had to wake up my still sleeping baby dragon, Spike. He could be so lazy sometimes.

"Spike, wake up," I said, shaking him with my hoof. He grumbled and rolled over but I would soon prevail.

"Morning, Twilight," he said with a big yawn once I finally woke him. "That was some party Pinkie Pie threw last night. She does realize that Nightmare Night is another few nights away, right?"

"Well, you know Pinkie Pie," I said with a smile. "Any excuse for a party. 'Three Nights 'til Nightmare Night Party.' I'm sure she'll throw a 'Two Nights 'til Nightmare Night Party' tonight as well."

"You got that right," he said as he started to do chores. "So, what's the plan for today?"

"Well, I still need to work on my costume for Nightmare Night, but I haven't decided who to go as. Maybe I'll go as Daring Do this year."
"I think Dash said something about doing that this year herself."

"Oh, well, I guess she is the 'biggest fan,'" I said with a giggle, but that knocked my idea out of the clouds. "Maybe Nightmare Night? I know Luna usually does that, but she's been going to other villages in Equestria to participate there as Nightmare Night. Maybe I could do it here for her.”

"Too cliché. Besides, what if Princess Luna did come here this year. You wouldn't want to undermine her, do you?"

"I guess you're right. I'll have to think of something else. Maybe Zecora can give me some ideas." I thought for a moment, but nothing came to mind.

I really didn't have time to do so though. I had a lot to do. I was meeting up with Applejack to help her with some choirs. Then with Fluttershy to help clean her animals. Then I had to catch up with reading a few books I've been meaning to get through. Then I had some time with the Cutie Mark Crusaders to help them with their studies.

I might be able to visit Zecora after that, but I had to make sure I was back in time to help Pinkie Pie. I could go after helping Pinkie, but I still had to help the mayor with setting up activities for Nightmare Night. Maybe I should have planned some time to think about who I should go as for the celebration. I'll just have to add it to my list of things to do for tomorrow.

I got started with my list of things to do for today. Applejack was happy to have my help. The apples we picked would be used for Bobbing for Apples for Nightmare night, as well as making treats for the young fillies. I was on my way to Fluttershy's place when Spike came running up to me.

"Twilight," he said, panting as he came up to me.

"What's wrong, Spike?" I asked.

He burped and a green flame came from his mouth. The flame collected and formed into a roll of parchment. "Letter from Princess Celestia," he said. I used my magic to take the scroll and open it.

"Princess Twilight," I read out loud. "We are in need of you and your friends services. Something terrible has happened and we require your strength. Make haste to Canterlot at once. Sincerely, Princess Celestia."

I looked at Spike, thinking about what to do. "Spike, gather the others. We have work to do." He didn't need being told twice. He nodded to me and headed straight to gather our friends. I went to Fluttershy, since I was already close by. She seemed a little worried by the time I got there, though she wouldn't tell me what she was worried about. Instead, she was more concerned with what had got me so frantic. I told her that Princess Celestia needed us and to meet me at my place. I asked her to go find Rainbow Dash and bring her there. When I left her, I went and found Applejack and brought her to my place. Everypony else was there by the time we got there.

"Twilight, whatever seems to be the problem?" Rarity asked at once.

"I don't know," I replied. "Princess Celestia sent me a letter and needed all of us to go to Canterlot right away."

"What happened?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"She didn't say," I answered. "But she needs us to go there at once."

"What about me?" Spike asked.

"I think you best stay here until we know what's going on," I said. He looked a little disappointed. "Don't worry, Spike. If we need you, I'll send for you. But right now, we need you to stay here and watch over Ponyville." He accepted that, nodding at me. With that taken care of, we headed off to Canterlot.

Once we reached Canterlot, we rushed to find Princess Celestia. We found her in the throne room. To my surprise, Princess Luna was there also. It must be really serious if they both were here waiting for us. "Princess Celestia. Princess Luna," I said as we rushed forward to them. "We came as quickly as we could."

"I'm afraid we have serious problems," Princess Celestia said. "Chaogent has escaped his imprisonment." I gasped with the others, and we collectively felt the fear of what this could mean. "He escaped the night before, and it seems he has escaped to another realm. We sent Discord to go find him, but it seems your help may be needed as well. We'll have to send the six of you after him to stop Chaogent."

I looked around at the others as I remembered how powerful he was and that we needed help from another pony to stop him. As I looked at the other girls, I realize that we were all thinking the same thing.

"Something else is troubling you," Princess Luna said.

"Well, you see, the last time we faced Chaogent, we needed help from our friend to stop him," I told them. "The pony we had told you about, remember?"

"That is true," Luna said. "I remember you telling us about this, Hero was it?" I nodded to confirmed this. "I can't say for sure, but we might not have his help this time. Unless Discord has contacted him after leaving here, you will have to rely on your power to stop Chaogent."

"Speaking of which," I continued. "Where is Discord? You mention you sent him out yesterday and he hasn't reported back yet. How are we going to know where Chaogent went? And how are we going to get there?"

"Oh, I hope Discord is alright," Fluttershy added with a worried voice.

"I'm sure he is fine," Celestia said. "But we have taken measures in case Discord hasn't returned. It was his suggestion to keep you out of this for your safety, but it may seem that you'll have to go after him. Discord may want to protect you from this other realm, but I'm afraid we may have no choice. We'll be able to send you to it, the one he told us about. Maybe you'll be able to meet up with Discord. Be warned, though, once we send you, you won't be able to come back until you find Discord. Only his power can bring you back."

"Stay together," Luna said. It seemed that she was very concerned about what was about to happen. "Discord seemed very concern about sending you there. If this place is that bad, you'll need to stick together to be safe."

I nodded and looked at my friends. "Ok, girls," I said. "This seems like it will be a very difficult challenge for us. But we must do this." I looked at each of them as they nodded. A.J. seemed like she was putting on a mask, and I kind of knew why. Fluttershy, like she always was, was nervous, but she nodded all the same. Once we were in agreement, I turned back to my mentor and her sister. "We're ready."

They never explained how the magic spell worked. I just remembered that we were engulfed in a ball of light. I had to say that it felt really weird. I started to feel my body aching all over. Then I felt the magic start faltering. It had to be hard to send six ponies to another realm. With that, I awoke in this tree house.

I looked around the place, my body aching all over. I've felt this before and looked down at myself. I was no longer a pony. I was a human now. If it was this realm, maybe we could find Hero and get his help. I had to wonder how everyone else felt. I looked around, but noticed that I was the only one in the tree house.

"Girls?" I asked, looking around. I crawled across the wooden floor of the tree house and looked out the hole of a window. I saw that the tree house was behind a home that was surrounded by a white picket fence. The grass was well groomed and there was a large swing set that was set up by the tree.

But nopony else was there.