• Published 17th Jul 2012
  • 4,025 Views, 120 Comments

Equestria Fortress 2 - nightelf37



The Mane Cast (Mane Six + Spike), Derpy Hooves, and an OC are sent to the Team Fortress 2 universe.

  • ...
16
 120
 4,025

PreviousChapters Next
Twilight's and Rainbow's New Stuff (a.k.a. Weapons Update 1)

Sometime before the "skirmish" where the Sandvich was acquired…

EqU had taken a break at Dustbowl, where they had first had their first few days or training, and their first battle against RED. As instructed, most of them were doing training exercises against BLU simulations. As for Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle however, Thenam has some new stuff for them.

"May I ask why you've asked us to stay behind?", asked Twilight as she and Rainbow stood in front of Thenam, whose back was to Jothicu as he operated a computer.

"You see…well, you do know that RED and BLU have a lot of different kinds of weapons to use, right?"

"Right?"

"It wouldn't be fair for them to get all the good stuff, so I had some drones of mine infiltrate their bases and scan some of their stuff. And thanks to my tech, you two have obtained a few more items." The actual truth was that they obtained it from the Intelligence briefcases obtained during Capture The Flag missions. In exchange, though, EqU's Intelligence briefcases contained information about Equestria, but mainly events where a letter to Princess Celestia is sent. Namely, the events the Story Crew members called "episodes". Makes for good life lessons. But he won't tell them that.

Thenam then offered them two rectangular boxes (one colored cyan and the other colored purple), each with a black joystick and a strange something an inch from it that emitted what he called a hologram. There was also a button to the lower right of the joystick. "This is your Customizer. As we'll soon obtain more weapons or items, just like with the Sandvich, you may have to change your loadout as well. Rainbow, activate the Customizer by moving the joystick."

The pegasus did as told and a hologram showed up, depicting her "scattergun". "Okay."

"Now nudge the stick downward." She did so and the hologram changed into her "pistol". "Nudge it to the right." Once again she complied and the hologram now depicted a small energy drink can with a label. Conveniently, Equestria's written language has plenty of similarities (if not completely exact) with the alphabet (which is used in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, etc), so the ponies were able to learn it a little quickly. The can was colored in the seven colors of the rainbow. Actually, just the six that are also in Rainbow Dash's mane.

"Bonk.", the pegasus read the cyan-colored text. The "O" was replaced with a radiation symbol. "Atomic Punch. Nuclear Rainbow. What the hay is this supposed to mean?"

"Hold on a second.", Twilight cut in as she turned her head sideways, squinting her eyes as she read the side of the bottle. "Ingredients: Water, Radiation, Sugar. The energy drink products and the claims made about specific products from Bonk have not been evaluated by the United Food and Drug Administration, and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. If you have a medical condition or disease, please talk to your doctor prior to drinking any Bonk drink."

"You don't need to worry about a thing.", assured Jothicu as he turned around to face the two ponies. "After obtaining enough information about your anatomy thanks to you, Twilight, I can safely say that Rainbow will suffer no side-effects apart from what the drink is supposed to do."

"And what's that?", asked Rainbow.

"Somehow, the Atomic Punch grants invulnerability from any attacks for eight seconds, except for 'telefrags' and the environment like trains. The drinker also leaves a blur trail when they move."

"No need to remind me. I've seen it in action."

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2

During one battle against BLU…

Rainbow Dash eyed the BLU Scout, who was opening a can and drinking from it. Once he was done, he noticed the pegasus, then (without shedding a tear) called in a demanding manner, "Look at me!"

"We'll see about that!", retorted Rainbow as she zipped straight for him, aiming her scattergun point-blank, then fired. Which resulted in a Miss! signal appearing above his head. "Nope!" The BLU Scout then began to circle her, leaving a blurry trail in an attempt to render her dizzy. "I'm runnin' circles around ya!" Rainbow continued trying to hit him, which only resulted in more Miss! signals, and him taunting her all the while.

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2

"I hate that guy! I'm pretty sure that drink blocked his tear ducts too." Twilight looked at Rainbow in confusion. "What? You rub into me sometimes."

"You really believed what that RED Spy said about BLU Scout when we watched one of their battles?", said Jothicu.

"That rainbows make him cry?", asked Thenam.

"Yeah. Tasic told me."

"I see. Here's some other things you need to know while under the effects of the drink. For some reason, you are unable to grab the Intelligence, capture or defend objectives like Control Points and Payload carts. Sentry Guns still still knock you back. If you're on fire, it'll only start affecting you only after the drink's effects wear off. Got it?"

"I'll try to remember that."

"Okay. Now nudge upward the stick on the Customizer, then nudge it to the right." Rainbow did as told and the hologram soon showed a wooden bat with a smooth black grip, complete with a logo reading The Sandman engraved on the side, and a black band tied around the end holding a cracked section of wood together. Accompanying the bat was an All Ballers League baseball manufactured by Ball Fortress. "This is the Sandman. Comes with a baseball that 'respawns' to you after fifteen seconds if you missed, three seconds if you score a hit. When the ball makes impact with an enemy, it stuns them for some time between one to seven seconds. For some reason, it also makes your 'card' take 12 percent more damage, thus making you able to take less damage."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!", Rainbow cut him off. "What was that you just said?"

"Simply put, The Sandman comes with a baseball you can use to stun foes.", put in Jothicu. "The longer the ball flies, the longer the stun. Also your 'card' becomes weaker and you'll take in more damage than usual before being sent away."

"Okay."

"Now, Twilight.", Thenam turned to the unicorn. "Allow me to introduce your new weapons. Activate your Customizer, then nudge the stick to the right." Twilight did as told and the hologram soon showed a hardwood recurve bow held together with black tape. There was also a quiver for arrows. "This is the Huntsman. Yes, it's a bow and I'm sure you won't be using it since you got sniper rifles, but here are its following advantages; it can be used to counter other projectiles, and they can be lit by fire. Now please nudge the stick downward, then to the right."

"Okay.", Twilight said as she complied, upon which the hologram revealed a partially chipped manually-carved tribal shield with red and white paint and a yellow something taped to the back that Thenam called a battery. Two wires were shown going from the battery to the shield, held in place with black tape.

"This is the Razorback.", explained Thenam. "It serves as protection from backstabs by Spies, removing them of the cloak and preventing them from attacking or switching their weapons for two seconds. It does break apart afterward, but you can get it back at the Resupply Locker."

"Sound useful." Twilight then gave a frown. "Although it quickly becomes useless once they realize they can just shoot me with their revolver."

"Yeah, although it does dissuade them if you're nearby allies. After all, the revolver is rather loud and would give away their position. Now nudge the stick to the left twice." Once that was done, the hologram showed a jar similar to the ones Granny Smith uses to keep her Zap Apple Jam. However, it was filled with some sort of yellow liquid, something Twilight recognized.

"Is this what I think it is?"

"Yes. It's Jarate, now as a weapon option."

Twilight seemed to cringe at this, which Rainbow noted as she then asked, "What's the deal with that thing?"

"It's one of the most humiliating things anypony could ever make on another. Basically, it's throwing what you usually go to the bathroom to get relieve yourself of in a jar at enemies so they would gross out, leaving them wide open."

"Huh?"

Thenam bent down to Rainbow and whispered through her ear. The pegasus's eyes then shrunk in shock and both her wings unfurled. "It also helps in stopping burns, you know.", he added out loud. "Although you probably wouldn't do that even in an emergency. And if you think Rarity would absolutely complain, the Spies would also agree with her as their cloaks get shorted out when hit with it. Their disguises are also rendered useless as their shadows will be colored to reveal their true allegiance."

"Well, as much as I hate to say it, the advantages far outweigh the drawbacks.", said Twilight with a grumble.

"Now that's over with, you're free to enter practice with the rest. Just remember to push the button in the corner of the Customizer twice to confirm your selection."

"One more thing.", Rainbow asked. "How am I supposed to open the Bonk can without…you know…?" She held up her hooves in demonstration.

"The small metallic arms that aim your weapons will take care of that."

"Oh."

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2

And that's it for now.

"Why the sudden deviation?"

Apparently, there are arcade machines in Equestria, as seen in the episode "Hearts and Hooves Day".

"That's not an answer to my question."

See ya on Third!

"Hey! What about the edit you just made on the Intelligence?"

They have to have something, don't they?

PreviousChapters Next