• Published 17th Jul 2012
  • 4,025 Views, 120 Comments

Equestria Fortress 2 - nightelf37



The Mane Cast (Mane Six + Spike), Derpy Hooves, and an OC are sent to the Team Fortress 2 universe.

  • ...
16
 120
 4,025

PreviousChapters Next
A Bizarre Encounter (a.k.a. Meet the LUNA Team)

The EqU trailer was en route to Granary, preparing to meet this other team of ponies who are (supposedly) fighting both RED and BLU like they are. They haven't made contact yet, but will shortly once they arrive. Jothicu was on the wheel and Thenam was riding shotgun. As for Tasic, he was conversing with the ponies and Spike.

"If you're planning on trying to get RED and BLU to be friends, don't.", Tasic told Pinkie Pie when she asked him. "That plan's already been tried. In fact, there was once a friendship between two members between the teams."

"Really?"

"You see, the RED Demoman and BLU Soldier were once friends. The best, in fact, though I'm not sure how strong their bond was in comparison to the one many of you share. Then Helen, the Administrator, found out about it while doing a 'background check'. She doesn't really know much about friendships other than what her assistant Miss Pauling said; they do things together and talk. Helen concluded that talk included work, which she couldn't allow, given that she controls both teams, and you can probably imagine what would happen if they find out, right?"

"If they had found out, we would not have been brought here in the first place.", Spike said.

"W-well, that's one way of saying it." Tasic rubbed the back of his head at that. "In any case, she planned to break them up with the use of…healthy competition. In her experience, nothing kills friendships faster than that."

There were appalled gasps from the Equestrians, Pinkie Pie's being the loudest. “This Administrator lady turned friends against each other?!”, the pink earth pony cried out.

"Despicable, huh? She takes 'evil bitch' as a compliment, has openly declared she hates them all, and despises friendships across the two teams. And during her yearly hour of vacation, she feeds pigeons in a park, and somehow cause them to wage war against one another." This elicited a gasp and faint from Fluttershy.

"She only takes one hour of vacation?", asked Applejack. "Even I know not to work that hard."

"If only because Helen's job does not involve physical work.", Chronicle snarked.

Tasic cleared his throat, then continued. "Anyway, for the RED Demoman, Miss Pauling came over to his mansion, offering a sword called the Eyelander in exchange for killing his best friend. Remind me to remind Thenam to try and get that for you, Spike."

"What's this Eyelander?", the dragon asked.

"A large bloodstained and battle-worn claymore built by pattern-welded Damascus steel, harmonically balanced, slow-forged for generations in the bowels of captured "English kings", and reputed to be haunted by a bloodthirsty, malevolent spirit, which constantly mutters the word 'heads' when held."

"You expect me to ask Thenam to copy a cursed sword?!"

"He can make a copy without the curse. I mean, Applejack's Ironbuckers are based on the Engineer's Gunslinger, a prosthetic, and the Royal Canterlot Hallmark is based on the Buff Banner. Speaking of which, do we have the Chargin' Targe already?"

"Of course we do," answered Pinkie. "How else would that RED simulation Demoman have been able to tackle me last chapter?"

"Oh, right. Wait, what? Last chapter? I think you mean last simulation battle."

"Same thing."

"Just ignore her.", Rarity told Tasic. "We all do that when she doesn't make sense."

"Oh, all right." Tasic regained his composure. "Anyway, two more of the RED Demoman's offers were that shield and the Scottish Resistance. Your Customizer, please, Spike." The dragon did as asked, handing over the little device. Tasic activated it and moved its joystick until it revealed the weapon.

It was similar in appearance to the Stickybomb Launcher, but it also featured warning colors on the magazine and a "sensor camera" taped onto the barrel. The Mann Co. logo was present on the sensor, albeit partially covered in duct tape. There was also a stickybomb shown, which was heavier-looking and had larger, blunted spikes in comparison to the standard.

"The Scottish Resistance, another of the offers to the Demoman. It fires a quarter faster than the standard stickybomb launcher, you have 50 percent more ammunition, you can place up to 14 bombs instead of 8, your bombs can destroy enemy 'stickies', they have slower 'arm time', and you manually detonate them by aiming at them regardless of distance, or if they're at your feet."

"Why would I want to blow up bombs at my feet?", Spike asked. "I know I can probably survive it, but what's the point? Unless…"

"It's for the 'sticky jump', where you plant bombs under your feet, then jump and detonate them, launching yourself to new heights. There are plenty other kind of jumps, though most are health-risky. Like the Sentry rocket jump and bullet jump, which requires a Wrangler to utilize properly, the Pyro rocket jump, where one redirects a rocket with an airblast not back at their owner but at their feet, and a few others too like the Flare jump and an enemy-assisted jump."

"You forgot to mention the Scout's many multiple jumps, the Soldier's rocket jump, and the Medic's Quick-Fix jump.", Twilight Sparkle pointed out.

"That's because Rainbow Dash, Derpy Hooves, and Fluttershy—who fight as those respective classes—are capable of flight by virtue of their pegasus wings, so I deemed pointing those out unnecessary. Now where was I before I got distracted with the many kinds of jumps?"

"The Demoman accepted Miss Pauling's offer, right?", asked Spike.

"Oh, that. He didn't exactly accept it at first, but Miss Pauling did leave the sword, the Chargin' Targe, and the Scottish Resistance to him, and she then said that the BLU Soldier was offered similarly and that he did accept."

"I'm sure that was a lie."

"Not exactly."

"What do you mean?", asked Fluttershy, having recovered from her faint.

"It'll be clear shortly. Meanwhile, a messenger in a trench coat was sent to the BLU Soldier's apartment, where he was instructed against the mercenary's 'deadly countermeasures'. The messenger then revealed that behind his trench coat was a television with a direct link to Helen, who then gives the BLU Soldier the option of either being brought to the nearest gravel pit and executed there or to kill his friend in exchange for custom weapons."

"Let me guess; he—", Applejack began.

"No, he was just as loyal to the RED Demoman as he was to him, and was willing to give his life and defy his boss. When told that the RED Demoman was offered similarly and that he accepted, he obviously didn't believe a single word. However, he was then treated to a robotic voice-over of the RED Demoman saying he's a bad friend."

"Did that voice really convince him?", Rainbow Dash asked. "He must be stupider than I thought."

"I guess you could say that. Remember that the Soldier—both BLU and RED—aren't exactly bright or right in the head. However, that wasn't what made him turn against the RED Demoman. The clincher that shattered their bond was the robotic voice saying that the BLU Soldier was a civilian, which was meant to be a secret between the two."

"I guess revealing a secret to another really does make you lose a friend forever.", Chronicle said as he looked at Pinkie.

"Yeah." Pinkie agreed, then made an angry face. “This Administrator lady sounds like a big ol' stinky meanie of a meanie-pants. I don't like her one bit. I don't think I'd ever throw a party for her!”

"I guess you're quite right there. Yes, this Administrator stands against everything we value about friendship. Anyway—" suddenly, the trailer slowed to a stop. "—Oh, we're here."

They had stopped at The RED side of Granary. And they could hear explosions and the like inside.

"Looks like there's a simulation battle going on.", said Thenam. "Remember that the real teams are still in Egypt." He then pushed a few buttons on the dashboard and voices were promptly heard.

"Damn, I'm on fire.", a male voice came. It wasn't from any of the RED and BLU mercenaries, and it was unfamiliar to everyone but Chronicle.

Thenam turned the dial as different voices came. "Hasta la vista! Feliz Navidad! Hasta gazpacho!" A simulation Soldier, although he seemed to be speaking in monotone.

"Fhanks a lah!" A Pyro, but not a simulation one. Derpy seemed to react oddly to the voice.

"Dominated, ya wee two-toned lassie!", a simulation Demoman.

"Ain't that a cute little gun?" A sim-Engineer after a kill with a Combat Mini-Sentry Gun.

A Dispenser blowing up. "Did ze Fräuleins have zeir Mittelschmerz?" A sim-Medic revealed to be the culprit. It was followed with a sniper rifle shot.

"You're just one big headache, and I got a sniper rifle full of aspirin!" A male voice that isn't of the simulations. This time, Pinkie Pie, alongside Chronicle, also seemed to have an idea on who this pony was.

"The enemy has captured the Intelligence!" Not the Administrator as the voice was male.

"You can do it, Mommy!" A filly's voice. Everyone in the room seemed to share the thought What's a young girl doing here?

"Was there ever any doubt?" A sim-Spy, revealed to have taken the briefcase.

A backstab shortly after, followed by two voices. "The enemy has dropped the Intelligence." The not-Administrator again.

"I believe that's my line." Another voice.

"I recognize that voice anywhere.", Applejack said.

"Me too.", added Rainbow.

"So do I.", agreed Rarity.

"You prancin' show ponies!" A sim-Sniper in a killing spree.

"I am fully charged!" Another familiar voice.

"Hit it, Lyra." It sounded like one of the many voices Bon Bon spoke in.

"Teleporter coming right up." Yet another familiar voice, and this time everypony knew who it was.

"Was that Cheerilee?", Spike asked.

"It's a good time for all of you to run!" That voice that seemed to call Lyra as the sound of the Minigun blared through the speakers before Thenam changed frequencies.

"Um, I could use a dispenser here." Another familiar voice.

"Ow dow how dow." A sim-Pyro on a killing spree.

"That is not me!" Yet another familiar voice, to Derpy in particular. Apparently, this pony was saying that a Spy has taken her appearance. "Oww!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hit ya… No, wait, yeah I did." A sim-Scout stunning somepony with the Sandman's baseball.

Thenam then turned off the speakers. "Well, looks like our friends are still busy practicing like we have. We're gonna have to wait until they're done."

"I recognize a lot of those voices!", Pinkie spoke up in a very fast pace. "I heard your voice behind the mask, Derpy. I also heard Pokey Pierce, little Dinky, that-stage-magician-I-never-got-to-throw-a-party-for, Lyra Heartstrings, Bon Bon, Cheerilee, Golden Harvest, and Raindrops!"

"I warned you well ahead of time that while you think you know them, you don't.", Tasic reminded.

"Oh, right. They're from that other Equestria, right?"

"Right."

"Still, that doesn't guarantee that we'll be able to treat them differently from their counterparts in our Equestria.", Chronicle warned. "Same goes vice-versa."

"True. Well, I'll just go contact them." Thenam pushed a few buttons and then bent down to a small black orb attached to the board Thenam was tinkering with, and spoke through it. "Attention. May I speak with who's in charge?"

A different voice came up. "State your name."

"This is Agent Thenam Kintobor. My leader is Tasic Ancinet, who is in charge of the EQ-Prime team."

"…Thenam?!" The voice seemed excited. "What are you doing here?"

"We were on our way to Granary to claim it from the Mann brothers. I had no idea you would be here, Tony. But I'm glad you are." It was a fib, and Applejack was about to point it out, but Tasic shushed her.

"Why is that so?"

"You see, I was hoping if our team could meet yours."

"I don't think that's a good idea. While…she may be one of the good guys in EQ-Prime, in Luna-EQ, she's one of the villains."

"Umm…about that…" Thenam then leaned in closer to whisper something. No one else was able to hear it. He then pulled away.

"What?! Timmy's in the fight, too?!" It was evident that the voice, Tony, wasn't happy about this. A sigh was then heard. "Guess it can't be helped. Crais is in the fight as well." Chronicle seemed to react to this, but no one else noticed. "Sparkler was supposed to be the Scout, but I guess it can't be helped either. Now that I think about it, the dynamic's pretty good. All the offense classes are covered by the pegasi, the defense classes by the earth ponies, and the suppot classes by the unicorns."

"Umm, we're getting off track, Tony. Is it okay for our team to meet the one you and Joey are taking care of?"

"Hmm…I'm not sure our superiors will approve of this. Not without the use of Mem-Edit."

"That thing? You know how difficult it is to operate that."

"Yes, but it has to be done. It's supposed to be done anyway. Hold on. Who's listening in?"

"Me, Tasic, Timmy, and…pretty much the entire team."

"Could you usher everyone else out?", requested Tony. "This conversation is for Story Crew members only."

Thenam turned to the ponies and Spike. "Umm..."

"We understand.", Pinkie said as she ushered everyone else outside the trailer (luckily, there was no one else for miles who could see them), leaving Tasic, Thenam, Jothicu, and Chronicle.

"Hold on a second.", Twilight said as she turned around to face her bodyguard. "Who's Timmy?"

"That would be me. My real name's Timmy Timer, but you can still call me Chronicle if you want; it's a better name for a pony."

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2

Later…

The simulation battle Tony's team was soon concluded and they were roaming around the entirety of Granary now. However, they had no idea that some other ponies (and one who wasn't) were doing the same thing.

Derpy was trotting up the ramp in the RED-side garage while wearing her Soldier gear. She had no idea why she was wearing it right now, when she saw somepony she didn't think she'd see here. It was a certain unicorn filly she knew very well. This filly had a pale purple coat. She had yellow eyes and hair. It was her daughter, didn't seem to be harmed in any way.

"Dinky!", she cried out as she flew straight to her and gave her an embrace.

However, Dinky seemed to be too surprised to return it. "Mom?", she asked. "I thought you were with Blue Diary. And why are you wearing a Soldier uniform?"

Derpy was confused at her daughter's statement. "Blue Diary? Who's that?"

It was then that a pony Pyro came over. However, it wasn't Pinkie Pie, but someone who shared Derpy's hair color and coat color. And when this Pyro took off her mask, it showed that even their eyes were the same, right down to their eye condition strabismus.

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2

Elsewhere…

Chronicle was strolling up the left BLU ramp that led to the staircase to the chute, wearing his Heavy uniform. (A/N: Those who know the map Granary would be able to identify this section.)

"Hmm…if who I heard there is who I think it is…", he muttered to himself before he heard something behind him. He turned around and saw a white pegasus pony wearing a Scout uniform.

While the muzzle would make one think it's a mare, like Chronicle, it's actually a stallion. His eyes were blue, his mane was mildly frazzled and colored in navy blue and purple, his tail had the same color and was short like Chronicle's, he had black hooves, and he shared the same orange-circle-with-open-book cutie mark.

This pegasus, instead of walking towards Chronicle, flew to him. He found this odd, since even Rainbow Dash would (probably) walk in this enclosed space when not in a hurry. The pegasus then landed just in front of Chronicle…and then the two began to embrace each other.

"It's wonderful to see you again, Blue Diary!", the blue unicorn cried out in joy, happy to see him. Like Chronicle, Blue Diary was from another world, the same world where Chronicle and the other Story Crew members were from. He was assigned to a different Equestria—dubbed 'Luna Equestria'—on the same mission. Also, the two of them were brothers, Chronicle being the older one by one year.

"Likewise, Chronicle.", replied the white pegasus, giving only a faint smile, but just as happy. They then broke off from each other. "Would you mind telling me what you're doing here wearing a Heavy's uniform? It was supposed to be Big Macintosh."

"Perhaps it's a good thing. Or at least Zecora not being here, given what she is in your world."

"You don't have to remind me." In the Equestria Blue Diary was assigned to, Zecora was one of the bad guys, a minion of Corona, the Tyrant Sun, who Princess Celestia would have been if she were the one to turn evil instead of Princess Luna. "By the way, what's your Spike's class? Soldier?"

"No. That position has fallen unto Derpy Hooves. Spike's our team's Demoman."

"Oh dear. I hope he isn't in too much trouble if he encounters my friends. And I do wonder what will happen if Derpy and Ditzy meet one another."

"Yeah." Just then, they heard plenty of voices. All of them were familiar to both. "Uh oh."

"Looks like our friends have met one another.", groaned Blue. "And it sounds like communications are…" There were shouts heard, many of them angry ones. "…tense."

"Well, given how different their worlds' counterparts are, it's bound to be surprising, even if they were given a warning."

Blue raised his eyebrows. "You already told them about us?"

"Only the basics.", Chronicle explained. "And we all heard your voices through Thenam's computer when you guys were doing a simulation battle. The real team's at Egypt."

Just then, explosions and bullets could be heard. "Shouldn't we go and stop our teams from killing each other?"

"We got Respawn."

"That's not the point, and you know it.", grumbled Blue. "Unless you brought them here specifically so our teams would fight each other. That's not the pony way, is it?"

"…Right." Immediately, the two jumped down the nearby chute—where Chronicle crashed on top of three ponies.

"Oww!" One female voice.

"Get off!" Another female voice.

"This is not my idea of somepony dropping in unannounced." One male voice. The two females groaned at what was apparently a pun.

Immediately, the blue unicorn got off of his victims as Blue Diary hovered above them, then widened his eyes at what he saw. He had landed on Bon Bon, Lyra Heartstrings, and Pokey Pierce, who were dressed up as a Heavy, Medic, and Sniper respectively. "Sorry about that."

"It's okay.", said Lyra.

"Well it's not for me.", said Bon Bon.

"Could we save this for later, guys?", Blue cut in. "My brother and I got a fight to cool down."

"You have a brother?"

"Again, later, now let's move." At once, the five ponies made their way to the BLU-side middle garage, went up the ramps leading to the catwalks, and took in the carnage that was going on.

Carrot Top, as a Demo…mare, was laying stickies on Applejack's Dispenser, its owner currently fighting off Carrot's teammates. Spike was on the run from a very persistent Raindrops dressed as a Soldier, who was also holding off Rainbow Dash. There was a Sapper on Applejack's Sentry Gun, and a dark shimmer can be seen lying in wait. These were only small pieces of the general mayhem ensuing amongst the crates in Granary. For some unexplainable miracle, nopony has been 'sent away' yet.

And Chronicle wasn't about to let it begin. He primed his Minigun, and aimed it upwards, ready to fire. Just before the first bullet could leave the barrel, the Minigun was also covered in a golden aura. The result was a deafening hail of gunfire that startled everybody in Granary, including Tasic and company, who were in their trailer just outside.

At once, Chronicle stopped his Minigun, his ears ringing. The 'cards' the ponies wear to change into their 'mercenary' gear also silence the weapons everyone uses in the "war games" to a degree while keeping other sounds at normal volume. As for the REDs and BLUs, the sounds of their weapons aren't deafening to them; pony (and baby dragon) ears are apparently more sensitive.

"Give a warning next time, would you?", Bon Bon said to Lyra.

"Sorry."

"Everypony listen up!", Blue Diary called out to the others that were fighting. Those who would've been attacked by the Sentry Guns moved away from them.

"Was that a sound-amplifying spell?", Chronicle shouted, his hearing still dim from the Minigun.

"Yeah.", said Lyra. "You know the spell?"

"Nah. Wouldn't take an idiot to guess that." He turned to Blue Diary, whom he knew to be quite charismatic. Not enough to charm others as he wasn't as social as Chronicle was, but he knew how to get others to listen to him. Eventually, everypony has calmed down, the buildings being hauled away somewhere else. At around the same time, Derpy, her lookalike, Dinky, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy entered the scene.

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2

Later…

Matters were cleared up as Tony and another human came over and gathered with all the ponies (and dragon) in the center surrounded by crates. Each side was separated, the EqU team at the RED side, the other team—abbreviated LUNA—at the BLU side. Tasic, Jothicu, and Thenam were there as well. Dinky was there too, standing next to the Pyro that looked like Derpy. Everybody stood in a circle around the Control Point.

After Chronicle introduced his teammates, Blue Diary introduced his, which was called "Luna's U████████ Nocturnal Alliance", abbreviated as LUNA. He admitted it wasn't very original, but set the issue aside. He knew that the EqU members know them (save for himself) by name, but he decided to introduce his team regardless.

"For starters, my name is Blue Diary. I'm the team's Scout." He then indicated his teammates. "Raindrops is the Soldier. Ditzy Doo is the Pyro."

"Some ponies also call me by that name.", Derpy, the EqU Soldier, interrupted, then stopped herself in apology.

Blue ignored this interruption. "Carrot Top is the Demomare, BonBon is the Heavy—without a space, should you write it down—Cheerilee is the Engineer, Lyra Heartstrings is the Medic, Pokey Pierce is the Sniper, and Trixie Lulamoon—"

"Just Trixie.", said mare cut in sternly.

"—is the Spy, not to mention unofficial leader of this team," As Twilight Sparkle is to yours. "Although the planners are usually me and Cheerilee."

Blue then hovered over to the two humans accompanying LUNA. One of them wore white coveralls, a hard hat, a pair of welding gloves…he dressed like the Engineer and was also just as short. His hair was dusty and red. Blue introduced him as Tony, the guy who Thenam talked with before EqU entered Granary to meet up with LUNA, and the guy in charge of the technology, just like Thenam.

The second was wearing the Medic uniform, looked near effeminate, was as tall as Jothicu, and his eyes were brown. This was Joey, who was working alongside Tony, and whose purpose in the team is like Jothicu's. And as Pinkie Pie noticed, they all had "Chronicle's cutie mark" on their clothes.

It was then that everypony took notice of the other team's uniforms. Unlike the EqU team, whose uniforms are of varying colors, the uniforms of the LUNA team had a general dark-blue scheme, as dark as the coat of the Princess the team was named for. For the Trixie's Spy uniform, it was almost black as the night sky (although it was still daytime).

"Mind if I ask if you're fighting RED and BLU like we are? And why haven't we acknowledged you until now?", Tasic asked Tony.

Joey answered for him, "The reason why is because we were better in keeping our operation under, not to mention Trixie's paranoia about all this being a ploy of someone in the Night Court to gain control of the Elements of Harmony. We had to constantly shut down those theories and it proved so aggravating we didn't have as much practice. Conversely, this lessened the possibility of them finding us. As for the first question, yes, we are fighting RED and BLU just like you are."

"Why didn't we see traces of you until now?", asked Thenam. "When we checked out Teufort, we saw that their Alarm-O-Tron 5000 only had these new alerts; IS BEST CLASS, GONE INSANE, IS CRYING, and new class alerts named under EqU. No LUNA or anything like that."

"Maybe they treat all ponies and those with them as EqU.", guessed Joey, turning his eyes on Spike, the only dragon around.

"Wouldn't put it past them to do that. The clones our 'Copyspawn system' makes look a bit like you guys too, but not in the respective classes."

Blue then looked up to the sky, then said. "Hmm…it's almost noon. Time for our siesta." The LUNA ponies looked up as well, then murmured in agreement. The EqU ponies (and Spike), sans Chronicle, seemed to be confused. Blue turned to EqU and apologized, "Sorry, but in our Equestria, we all take nap at noon. It's because, and this may be a sensitive subject for Twilight, the bad influence of Corona the Tyrant Sun gave everypony an…averseness to the sun.

"And while Corona's no longer imprisoned, nor is this sun anything like Equestria's, a thousand years is still a long time." Raindrops gave a long yawn. "And besides, didn't we just tire ourselves out from all this fighting?"

"It's a miracle we didn't even use Respawn.", commented Tony. "And both teams had only Dispensers as healing sources since both Medics were not in the fight. Not to mention our Pyros and Heavies. Now how did that happen?"

"Best to be grateful regardless. I'm sure we can talk again later." Blue turned to his teammates. "And I'm sure—"

He was cut off by the sound of an airplane flying by. Everyone looked up to see it, and there were reactions of curiosity and fear from the ponies. There was also a twitchy tail from Pinkie, which the LUNA ponies were confused at. They could then see a speck in the sky slowly growing larger. They then realized it was about to land right here. And Twilight reminded herself that the Pinkie Sense can never be doubted.

"BRAVE JUMP!", they heard a voice from above, most likely the speck.

"Everybody out of the way!", Blue Diary yelled and everyone did as he said.

Seconds later, something crashed onto the central Control Point, kicking up a lot of dust in the process, even though the place didn't even have dust to begin with. After everyone had their fair share of coughing, they took a look at the crouched silhouetted figure in the middle of the now dissipating dust cloud.

The figure then stood up, spread his arms wide, then made a powerful clap, which quickly dissipated the dust, and allowed everybody to take a good look at him.

The man had rippling muscles, a bushy mustache, a crocodile-tooth lined hat, and a patch of rotating chest hair "shaped like Australia", as the humans in both teams would say. He wore nothing else but short denim shorts, a black leather belt, and brown hiking boots (without socks).

"Oh my god.", gasped Thenam.

"By Jove…" Jothicu.

"Dear Luna." Trixie.

"Sweet Celestia." Twilight.

"Mother of Grudd…" Thenam.

"By Corona's mane…" Blue Diary.

"For the love of Discord." Chronicle.

"Jiminy H. Cricket!" Joey.

"We're screwed." Tony.

"It's…it's…!", Tasic stuttered.

"The name's Saxton Hale! Australian, C.E.O. of MANN Co. and the man who's gonna burn this place to the ground!"

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2

And that's it for now.

"You decided to end with a cliffhanger? First time. Aside from the end of Chapter one in SC:FiM."

Yeah. Didn't know how to end the meet-up, so I decided to go with a dynamic entry.

"Why did you skip straight to the fight between LUNA and EqU?"

Because I don't know the Lunaverse characters well enough, let alone got enough puns for Pokey Pierce. Maybe I'll change it once "Crisis on Two Equestrias" comes up. By the way, the Lunaverse belongs to RainbowDoubleDash, now shared with Emeral Bookwise, Fizzy Orange, RK_Striker_JK_5, Blackbelt, GrassAndClouds2, and more. Check out their group in here.

"Was Pokey's line from when he sniped that sim-Medic a line from the machinima series Red Versus Blue?"

Yes, except replace "whole pistol" with "sniper rifle". Needed an incredibly lame pun and personally, nothing's lamer than this.

"Does aspirin even exist in Equestria?"

Who knows?

"You know nobody knows who Blue Diary is, right?"

Well, I'll provide a link to my other fic in where he's introduced, which also has a link to his dA page. Right here.

"Okay. What's your reason of putting in the Lunaverse characters anyway?"

I got 3 reasons, many of them measly. One, there was that Spy's line, although I don't know if Luna!Trixie shares that line. Two, I didn't feel like using the OaC&A characters, as they're basically male versions of the canon characters as far as I'm concerned. Three, the next chapter's gonna involve a fight with Saxton Hale, and having just nine won't do, now would it?

"I guess not. I think a Saxton Hale fight would be interesting."

I didn't even think this would elicit interest as I didn't explain how we got here in the first place.

"But doing a second instance may peeve readers."

See ya on Third!

"Hey! We're not done yet!"

And I apologize if my interpretation of the Lunaverse characters is inaccurate, Blue Diary aside!

"Come back here!"

PreviousChapters Next