• Published 17th Jul 2012
  • 4,025 Views, 120 Comments

Equestria Fortress 2 - nightelf37



The Mane Cast (Mane Six + Spike), Derpy Hooves, and an OC are sent to the Team Fortress 2 universe.

  • ...
16
 120
 4,025

PreviousChapters Next
Side Mission (a.k.a. The Heavy's Sandvich)

After Rainbow Dash had returned with another Heavy's sandwich (complete with the meat, she had completely consumed the first one), the food item—seconds before Pinkie Pie consumed it completely, meat included—was quicly given a short analysis by Thenam. After Pinkie then spat out the meat, which had somehow remained untouched save for saliva, from the analysis, it was revealed that the sandwich was no ordinary (though delicious) sandwich. It was a "Sandvich Edible Device", a special food item that can somehow heal whoever eats it of moderate injuries. For some strange reason, it heals Scouts of slightly heavier wounds. As for Heavies…well, EqU extra task is now to acquire another Sandvich to find out.

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2


During a battle in some area whose name he couldn't recall, Chronicle was on the run alongside an EqU Medic clone (white coat, same pink hair, akin to Nurse Redheart). He had to make do with this one as Fluttershy ended up killing a RED Engineer in battle and was once again in tears. "Not again!", Tasic had complained. Right now, they were fleeing from an oncoming regiment of two Soldiers, one Scout, and two Demomen. In a good day, he could take them all on, but it wasn't a good day today.

As he fled alongside the EqU Medic, he then saw some others who were in need of her help more than him. At the area below, the RED Heavy (ÜberCharged by his Medic) was gunning down on a copy of himself (white coat, blue-purple hair), Applejack, and the Level 3 Sentry she set up, with an EqU Soldier (light cyan mane, light gold coat) headed their way as backup.

"Medic! Support them!", Chronicle directed. "They need your help more than I do."

"Jawohl.", she replied as she split off from him and made her way down to comply with his directive. It was a little disconcerting to hear Fluttershy's voice with the accent of the BLU and RED Medics, but he shook off the thought as one of the Soldiers then pursued the Medic, only to be shot down by a Sniper's bullet, presumably from Twilight Sparkle.

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2





Chronicle was still on the run, heavily injured but not bleeding, but no Medic available to patch him up. The "Nurse Redheart" copy was still at the position where he had directed her to go, Fluttershy was still in a breakdown, and a third Medic couldn't be generated as Thenam's "Copyspawn system" has reached its limits for the moment on making 'new' copies.

On the other hoof, he managed to take down the two Demomen after him with the help of Derpy Hooves, who was promptly 'sent away' by a Soldier's rocket.



Just as he saw another rocket head his way, he used a spell and zipped forward in a "flash-step", narrowly dodging a fatal rocket hit. He then put up a barrier to defend against both REDs' bullets as he then turned a corner. The barrier wouldn't hold for long against so many bullets, especially a Heavy's barrage.

Just as the Solider and Scout turned the corner as well, Chronicle couldn't be seen. They then caught sight of him further ahead, making his way into a building, groaning from his injuries.

"Yeah, there he is!", the Scout said.

Oh, crap., Chronicle thought as he then made his way in.

"You! Stop right where you are, that is an order!", called the Soldier. Chonicle ignored them as he suddenly found himself in a simple dining room of sorts. Remembering that he was now in RED territory— "He's getting away!" He then eyed the refrigerator and remembered the "side mission" EqU was tasked on. As he then made his way to it, he heard the two REDs come in. "Do not let him get to the re—"

Too late. He opened it, seeing three bottles of "Red Shed" beer…and two Sandviches on a plate. Jackpot! Immediately, he 'grabbed' one Sandvich.

"D-don't do it, pal!", the Scout warned, suddenly scared.

"Do. Not. Do it!", said the Soldier, also visibly shaken.

Chronicle ignored them as he closed the fridge's door, and ate the Sandvich, meat and all; he had no time to remove that little slice with his life on the line. For some reason, he felt the need to say "Om nom nom nom..." as he chewed the food.

"Oohhhhhhh, hell...", was all he heard from the Soldier before Chronicle started seeing things. He knew all too well these weren't real, but his subconscious was telling him otherwise. He started to see visions of his teammates getting killed by RED and BLU, sometimes even both of them together.

"H-h-hey, let's just calm down here! You listening?", he thought he heard the Scout stutter as he started to take deep breaths and close his eyes. And then, a horrific vision struck the unicorn; nearly all of RED and BLU closing in on Fluttershy as she shook in her hooves, holding up the "bonesaw" in a feeble attempt of defense. This vision pushed a button in him and he entered a berserk state, no longer in control of his body. "J-j-just... OH GOD!"

The Scout and Soldier now saw Chronicle emitting a light blue aura that seemed to spew out like some sort of evil energy. His eyes then opened, revealing brown scleras and white irises. They then saw him 'unsheathe' a blade of energy from his horn. And he looked like he was out for blood as he stomped his way toward them, then caught them with his magic, floating them up in the air and preventing them from escaping as they're covered in the same aura.

"OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GO—", was what the Scout said before they were both 'thrust' into the fridge, making its door open slightly and presumably tip over a bottle there. Chronicle, who was seeing red, then 'took' the Scout up close and began to slice at his body and gut him like a…well, it would be suffice to say the results weren't pretty. All the while, he was laughing like a maniac as the blood spilt on the floor. "My blood! H-he magicked out all my blood!"

"Ow, ow ow ow ow! Ouch, ouch! Ahhh...", said the Soldier as Chronicle "sheathed" his "magic horn blade" and proceeded to punch the RED and attempt to break his spine telekinetically. "You call that breaking my spine? You pathetic ponies wouldn't know how to break a spine if—" Chronicle cut him off by successfully doing so by 'slamming' the Soldier into the fridge again—tipping another bottle over inside—and spilling his blood on it. "AUGHHH! MY SPINE!"

Chronicle also heard a girlish scream before his consciousness was completely taken over by his rage.

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2



It was one minute after once he came to, an when he did, he wished he hadn't. It was an extremely bloody sight. There were body parts everywhere and blood was all over the place. "Did I…actually do this?!" While he was okay with killing, he can only tolerate so much bloodiness. He then looked at the "Sandvich" he was miraculously still 'holding'. He then realized that not only had he bitten into the meat as well, he was also in peak physical form. "Is this the effect of ponies eating meat?"

"Chronicle.", called Tasic from the 'card'. "I heard from Rainbow Dash you were absolutely brutal a while ago."

"Must be the effect of the Sandvich's meat.", the unicorn groaned.

"You found a Sandvich?"

"Yes. Ate one and became absolutely brutal."

"…Is there another?"

"Yes, there is another, and no, I don't think I'll be eating another one again anytime soon if it turns out meat is an important factor in the Sandvich's healing proerties."

"We'll find out later. Can you acquire it?"

"Can do."

"Good. We still need you out here. Your clone's not really as effective as you are."

"Very well."

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2

And that's it for now.

"See, you're ending it like this over and over."

No, I—

"See ya on Third!"

Chronicle!

PreviousChapters Next