• Published 17th Jul 2012
  • 4,025 Views, 120 Comments

Equestria Fortress 2 - nightelf37



The Mane Cast (Mane Six + Spike), Derpy Hooves, and an OC are sent to the Team Fortress 2 universe.

  • ...
16
 120
 4,025

PreviousChapters Next
BLU's Intel on EqU (a.k.a. Rarity the Spy)

Twelve days since EqU joined in on the RED vs BLU war games, in Teufort…

The alarm bell rang in the security room (and all of Teufort) along with sirens and klaxons.

"Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert!", came the Administrator's voice. "An EqU Spy is in the bse!"

The Alarm-O-Tron 5000 had received an update to implement the new (intruding) team, and thus the following signs illuminated; 'INTRUDER ALERT' (old), 'EQU SPY' (new) and 'IN BASE' (old). Aside from the additional 'EQU <class>' signs like 'EQU SNIPER' and 'EQU ENGINEER', there were also the signs called '20% COOLER', 'IS CRYING', 'GONE INSANE', and 'IS BEST CLASS', the last of which replaced the second 'RED SPY' sign. Watching the board was the BLU Scout, who was distressed at the news.

"Oh no! Not EqU!", he cried out. Then, from a rack of weapons, he pulled off his baseball bat, and was off in a flash. He dashed down a flight of stairs and through the Teufort sublevel.

"Protect the briefcase!", commanded the Administrator from the PA system in the base.

"Oh, I sure hope the others are all right."

He then turned right to see the BLU Soldier attempting to open the code-locked 'Briefcase Room' door. "Need some help here!", he said.

The Scout made his way to him and gently pushed him aside, "All right, I got it, I got it. Let me handle this." He then began to push buttons on the keypad. "6, 9, 3, 8, 1, 7!"

"Go go go! Ch—"

Just the, the BLU Heavy came around the corner, "Sasha" in hand, charging towards the Scout and Soldier. "INCOMING!", he said.

Quickly, the Scout opened the door as he and the Soldier were sent tumbling into the Intelligence Room. He was also screaming along with the Heavy as the Scout then reached the desk…discovering the briefcase was perfectly safe.

"Hey, it's still here!", he said.

The Heavy slowed his scream with an, "Alright then."

"Ahem.", a voice came from behind them. They turned to see the BLU Spy, carrying a dead BLU Pyro over one shoulder. "Gentlemen." After he was sure he caught all of their attention, he heaved a bit to make whom he was carrying a bit easier to…carry as he made his way towards the desk. "I see the briefcase is safe."

"Safe and sound.", replied the Soldier.

"Yeah, it is!", agreed the Scout.

"Mm-hmm.", said the Heavy.

"Tell me... did anypon—" He then let out a groan from his slip of the tongue and muttered to himself, "Confound those ponies…" A instant later, he regained his composure as the Heavy stood behind him. "Did anybody happen to send off an EqU Spy on the way here?" The other three BLUs shook their heads and shrugged. "No? Then we still have a problem." The Spy then deposited the Pyro's body on the desk, revealing a bloody butterfly knife in his back.

"...and a knife.", added the Soldier.

"Oooh, big problem." Scout wasn't too impressed as he approached and removed the knife. "I've killed plenty of Spies." He then proceeded to toy around with it, manipulating it like the Spy does. "They're dime-a-dozen back-stabbing scumbags - like you!" But he was distracted and cut himself on the finger, dropping it. "Ow! No offense."

Spy deftly retrieved the knife. "If you managed to kill them, I assure you they were not like me.", he said as he flicked it shut and handed it back to the Scout, who then set it on the table. "And nothing... nothing like the mare loose inside this building."

"Don't you mean to say 'man'?", asked the Soldier.

"No. When I said 'mare'…" The Spy then revealed a dossier folder. "I meant it!" He then slapped the folder down on the table, revealing several photographs depicting each of the EqU mercs, including their "palette swaps", and documents describing them. "In case it has slipped your thick head of yours, the EqU mercenaries do not consist of human beings like us. Rather, they consist of eight…ponies, three of them with wings on their backs for flight and three of them with horns on their heads for…special abilities." The Spy refused to call it magic for some reason, in spite of the Soldier having a magician for a roommate. "There's also a bipedal lizard." The Scout was about to speak up, but the Spy sternly cut him off. "And for the last time, I am not going to call it a dragon!" At least not in front of them.

The Spy then picked up one of the documents, one with the photo of Rainbow Dash.

"The EqU Scout. A winged pony. Quite the daredevil she is. Brash, arrogant, a bit like you." He turned to the BLU Scout. "Is obviously holding back in her speed, can obviously go faster but isn't." The Scout looked over his shoulder, then bit back some tears as he turned away. The Spy gave a sigh. "I cannot believe the RED Spy was right about you. And I about the RED Scout."

"Right about what?", asked the Heavy.

"That rainbows make them cry." The Spy then put down the document on Rainbow and picked up the one on Derpy Hooves. "The EqU Soldier. Also a winged pony. Seems to be suffering from an eye condition called strabismus, yet it doesn't seem to affect her aim. Also not a bit right in the head." He eyed the Soldier. "Not unlike someone in this room."

He put down the document and picked up the one of Pinkie Pie. "The EqU Pyro. A 'regular' pony. Quite crazy, but thankfully in a different way and not to the level of our own." He gestured to their dead Pyro, put down the document, and proceeded with the next one, Applejack's. "The EqU Engineer. Another 'regular' pony. She doesn't use her gadgets to the same effectiveness as our Engineer. Obviously, EqU has somehow stolen our technology."

He put down Applejack's document and picked up Chronicle's. "The EqU Heavy. A 'horned' pony. Not as tough as our Heavy, but her—I mean, his abilities seem to compensate for it." How does one really determine these ponies' genders… "A force field, zipping around in short distances, and a blade of energy. He also seems to be the most adapted to a war zone. Or at least to a battle." He then picked up Spike's document next. "The EqU Demoman. The team's one bipedal lizard. In spite of his diminutive size, he's just as tough as everyone else. His scales are also give him resistance to fire just like the Pyro's suits." He then added under his breath. "Not to mention resistance to backstabs."

"Told you he's a dragon.", cut in the Scout.

The Spy ignored him and picked up the next document; the one of Fluttershy. "The EqU Medic. A 'winged' pony. Far from a mad scientist, she has the heart of a true healer; she's actually caring of her teammates, a kindred soul. Pity she doesn't really belong in our battlefield. Still, she can be a surprising pain when cornered and not put down quickly." He then picked up Twilight Sparkle's document. "The EqU Sniper. Another 'horned' pony. Rather smart. Can put up a force field, and can shoot bolts of energy. Seems to be the team's leader." There are also unconfirmed rumors that she can teleport without an Engineer's assistance, but…

The Spy shrugged off his thoughts as he then put down the documents he held—leaving the others to pick them up and see for themselves—and picked up the last document; the one of Rarity. "The EqU Spy. Yet another 'horned' pony. Not really the type to be in a battlefield, though one can say the same thing for myself. " The Spy then put down the document, turned away from the others, took out his disguise kit, and removed a cigarette from it. He then lighted it, took a breath through it, then exhaled a puff of smoke. "Apparently has a thing for fashion, yet is a true femme fatale with a sharp eye." He finally turned to the rest. "Already, she has breached our defenses..."

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2

In a previous mission…

In the tunnels of Hydro, while the rest of EqU battled in another section against BLU, Rarity was tasked on creeping through the place. Dark, dusty, she had every reason not to go there, but days of training has gotten her to tolerate it until she reached more…comfortable areas. As she then paused at a corner, she glimpsed an BLU Level 3 Sentry Gun with its Engineer. It was facing the door on the other side. She had no idea what was supposed to be there, but decided to leave such pondering to Twilight, Chronicle, or Tasic.

She 'took out' an "Electro Sapper", and slid it across the floor as she then moved forward herself. The Sapper stopped just below the Sentry Gun and did its job, disarming and destroying it immediately.

The Engineer gasped, "Sentry Down!", threw his wrench down, saw the EqU Spy make her way towards him, and reached for his pistol to shoot her. However, Rarity was quicker on the draw and shot first with her revolver, sending him through the door.

She didn't miss a beat as she fired again at the next target.

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2

The BLU Spy shook off the memory as he then gestured frantically at the dead Pyro, leaning over him.

"You've seen what she's done to our colleagues!", he said as his teammates set down the documents.

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2

Earlier…

The BLU Pyro patrolled the hallway, wary of a possible Spy in the area. He then noticed a shimmer in the air. He turned his Flamethrower at it and spewed out fire. The shimmer burst into flames and fell to the ground. Seconds later, as he paused in delivering a burning inferno, the shimmer revealed itself to be a 'horned' pony before disappearing in a flash of light.

The Pyro sometimes wondered why these ponies never left bodies behind. Just then, he saw a shimmer to his right. That pony had used a Dead Ringer!

Before he could turn his flamethrower to burn her into a crisp, he felt the Spy's knife strike him in the back. He couldn't comprehend how this was possible. Was there another Spy in the area? His thoughts were put to rest (until the next Respawn) as he fell to the floor dead and Rarity turned visible again.

There was no second EqU Spy; Rarity just used her telekinesis to move it from a farther distance than a human's arm could reach. Just as she was about to 'take out' her knife from the Pyro's back, she saw a Sniper head her way. Immediately, she turned herself invisible and slipped out of sight.

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2

Back in the present, in the Intelligence Room…

"And worst of all, she could be any one of us.", the BLU Spy warned. "And unfortunately, as of yet, the masks I have been supplied with for disguising as EqU aren't proving to be effective, not even when disguising as their Demoman." He then added to himself with a whisper. "A floating knife is a telltale sign due to their shorter stature."

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2

Again, earlier…

"Medic!", the BLU Demoman cried out after narrowly escaping a burning death from Pinkie Pie and a Hadouken from her. How she was able to learn it so quickly after just seeing it from the RED and BLU Pyros for only a few days was beyond him.

Just then, as the flames began to stop, he saw the Medic next to a corner calling for him to come over. Deciding he needed a break, he quickly made his way to him, turned the corner…and saw the BLU Medic on the ground, dead. He then turned to see another BLU Medic, who raised a revolver and—instantly turning into the EqU Spy—fired three bullets, killing him.

Seconds ago, after Rarity had dispatched the BLU Medic the Demoman saw dead, she had taken out a mask from the disguise kit and put it on. Immediately, with the mask's unique technology (modified from the original) reacting to her unicorn magic, her image vanished and was replaced with that of the BLU Medic, not on fours like Rarity herself was in (which the original masks would've done) but standing like an ordinary human. This image has some level of tangibility, so as not to around suspicion from an enemy's hand passing through the image (and possibly touching her beautiful mane). Using telekinesis, she had 'held up' her revolver and concealed it within her 'disguise'.

Now that the Demoman was now killed as well, Rarity 'reloaded' her revolver, then disguised herself as…

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2

Again, in the present…

"She could be in this very room!" The BLU Spy was beginning to look frantic. "She could be you! She could be me! She could even be—"

The Spy was cut off as his head exploded violently; the Soldier had blasted his head off with his shotgun.

The Heavy seemed to do his best not to cringe while the Scout jumped in panic.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!", gasped the Scout.

"Oh!", said the Heavy.

"What? It was obvious!", the Soldier said as he pumped his Shotgun, discarding the spent shell. "He's the RED Spy! Watch, he'll turn red any second now..."

The Soldier and Scout approached the dead Spy, with The Soldier prodding the Spy's foot with his Shotgun. "Uhh…excuse me.", the Scout said. The Soldier turned to him. "Need I remind you that…we're not fighting RED! We're fighting EqU!"

The Soldier stopped as if in shock, then turned to the dead Spy. "Uhh…oops?"

The Scout gave a sigh. "Looks like we still got a problem."

"Big problem.", agreed the Soldier. Behind them, the Heavy lingered behind, his expression sinister. He picked up the knife from the table, then flicked it open easily. As he approached, his image flickered and melted…revealing the EqU Spy, Rarity. "All right, who's ready to go find this Spy?"

"Right behind you, boys.", Rarity answered as she 'raised' the knife. The two BLUs cringed upon hearing her voice, which she took advantage of by 'thrusting' the knife onto the Scout's back, killing him instantly.

In that second, the Soldier aimed his shotgun at her, but she 'caught' it with telekinesis, then 'wrested it' from his grip, sending it to the wall.

Rather than just stand there helpless, the Soldier proceeded to lunge at Rarity, making her shriek for a second as he then felt her revolver's barrel push on his gut. Seconds after that, two point-blank shots were made.

As the Soldier fell over dead, Rarity kicked his body off of her, sending it to the wall, complaining, "How uncouth…"

She then made her way to the briefcase, then eyed the dossier on EqU BLU had. After 'sorting' the documents back into the folder, she then picked up the briefcase and muttered, "To think they would've learned from last time RED Spy infiltrated their base. And to think that he had slept with the BLU Scout's mother. And that she has managed to stay beautiful after bearing eight sons! These humans really are strange."

"Rarity.", called Tasic from the 'card'. "You got the Intelligence?"

"Why, yes."

"Better get back quick. BLU's bound to respawn and need I remind you that you can't use your disguises or turn invisible while you have that case."

"Of course." Rarity then picked up the briefcase with her magic and was immediately off.

EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2—EF2

And that's it for now.

"Mind explaining why Rarity chose to disguise as, of all people, the Heavy?"

I'll just say that the ponies' (and Spike's) training had something to do with it. Besides, I wasn't about to completely mirror the Meet The Spy video, as I obviously have with (some of) the previous chapters sans the intro. Of course BLU would learn at least a little from their experience with the RED Spy. Whilst attacking Teufort, Rarity lay invisible as the Scout bypassed her after making his way to the door to the Intelligence Room, where Soldier was completely clueless as to what the password was, being the cuckoo he is. As the two began to open the door, she then disguised herself as the Heavy, then charged forward 'as planned'.

"…Okay. That explains some things."

See ya on Third!

PreviousChapters Next