• Published 26th Aug 2015
  • 3,356 Views, 131 Comments

Welcome to the herd: Quarantined - Vinyl-ScratchDJ17



My sister uses wishes to her advantage...what can possibly NOT go wrong? (sequel to A Day as Vinyl Scratch)

  • ...
9
 131
 3,356

This should be fun

"Tara, I am soo going to kill you when I get home!!" I scream in my head that I just turned into Vinyl Scratch in the middle of my sixth period....why can't I just live a normal life?


Just another regular day, which I'm sure you've heard before, when suddenly a horn bursts from my forehead. At first I didn't realize it, until my friends pointed it out. We are doing this group work this for I don't know what cause I wasn't paying any attention whatsoever.

Anyway, I was just doing work, and by work, I mean sitting there doing nothing cause I... didn't know... what we're supposed to be doing. Markus was talking to me about this video called one man one jar, and boy you DON'T wanna know what that is about. If you do, don't think about it too much. He just gasped out of nowhere, his mouth bobbing up and down as if he was trying to say something.

With a gulp, he pointed at my forehead, which I found to be a horn he was pointing at. Confused, I felt around, until My hand came in contact with it, except my hand was no longer a hand. Or, hands, since I have two, well, not anymore. Gah, this is confusing!! I knew immediately who was responsible for it. My little sister, Tara. Why now? Couldn't she wait until I got home?

Today is her eleventh birthday... and I guess after her tenth was over, she was no longer able to make wishes. So I guess it means she only gets to on her birthdays.

With a deep sigh, I thump my head down onto the table as the changes continue. I feel my fur tickling me as it grows, and my tail pushing against my boxers before fluffing out. Then my moth and nose forming a muzzle, along with my newly pointed ears. It takes at least five minutes for the changes to stop, and now my clothes are baggy as heck on me.

While I was changing, I could hear gasps, and laugh as a few short screeches, but nothing too much.

"L-Logan?" Markus said in a shaky voice. "You're...a unicorn."

"I know." I deadpan, Vinyls voice escapes my mouth instead of mine. The instant I spoke, the room goes silent. I can just feel everyone looking at me. I know I like to be the center of attention sometimes, but this is just ridiculous! The next thing I feel is a hand on my shoulder.

"Logan?" I hear my history teacher, Mrs. Vandenhine, say my name. I turn my head to look up at her. Well I could if I didn't have a massive amount of hair, blocking my view. Neither of us say anything, she just stands there, staring into my eyes.

I wonder what Tara's got cooking for me today.

Just like Markus, she begins to stammer. Is everybody forgetting English all of a sudden!? Jeez!

"We...we need to get you to the nurse's..." She gens my arm, err, foreleg, and pulls.

"No, I'm fine, I swear!" I pull away from her in protest, keeping my butt in my seat.

"But you just..."

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom quick." I step down from my chair, and trot out of the room, and down the hall, and into the bathroom, getting a few stares along the way.


It was a bit hard to just walk into the girls' bathroom since I've been using the boys' bathroom all my life. Near the door is a mirror on the wall, which I used to stop to look at myself. I will admit I'm a bit happy to see myself as Vinyl. I missed it a lot actually. Maybe my girlfriend will become Octavia next? I smile a bit since I'm back to being a pony, but with the current situation, that neutralizes it.

Time to take these clothes off.

After a massive struggle I get undressed, I set my clothes down on my back, and look myself over again. I find myself smiling once more, as head out of the bathroom. When I get back to class, everything was going as it should be, and as if nobody saw me turn into a magical talking unicorn at all. I'm actually a little offended.

Just as I walk in, everything goes silent again.

I'm standing just outside the door when Mrs. Vandenhine approaches me, closing the door behind her. Sin e I'm like, only three feet tall, I have to crane my neck all the way up just to see her face. She must have caught this because she steps back a few paces.

"Okay, what is going on? I would like to know what just happened."

With a sigh, I explain the whole story to her. "One year ago today, on my sister's birthday, she wished to turn me into the unicorn you see now. " I omitted the whole thing about Tara growing a literal pony tail because it was not really important and I didn't want to waste time.

"Never mind. I don't wanna hear it! You teens and your crazy fables, lies, and tricks!"

"Don't interrupt it's rude. Anyway, I'm assuming she can only make wishes on her birthday because, as you can see, I'm a pony again, and she must have wished for it. I'm telling you the truth!" I snap, stomping a hoof on the ground. "Can we just get on with class?"

"No. You're going to the office. NOW!" She glares at me, pointing with her thumb to her back.

"I tell you the truth and ask to go back to class despite the fact I became a freaking pony who by the way is female when I used to be a guy, and you're giving me this in return? You know, I would gladly go to the office other than put up with your crap!" I give her a fake smile as I make my way to the stairs. Then just go out of school and decide to go home, there is no law about talking cartoon ponies going to school after all.


However, soon as I left school I hear some male voice shout "Vinyl!!" I looked back to see some short white dude, trying to copy my mane with hair dye. With a groan, I run off as fast as I can, but these little legs don't get me far. By the time I get to the steps I get tackled by the guy. Isn't that just peachy?

"Let me go you fanfilly!" I shout, as I struggle to get free, but her refuses to let go.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks, in what I assume is a romantic voice, as he turns me to face him. He smiles then leans forward, pursing his lips and...NO!! I sock the jerk in the face with a hoof, then somewhat use magic and push him away, thanking the stars for that small bit of good luck I run back home.


Tara looks herself over in awe that she is now an alicorn princess. For those who don't know (which I heavily doubt) what an alicorn is, it's simply a winged unicorn or a horned Pegasus. Which ever you prefer. She beams with pride her wish had come true, and that she is now an adorable, furry little pony! She looks just like a filly version of the legendary fausticorn, and with that said, she lacks a cutie mark.

It's funny how she's happy her wish came true but she can't remember what wish she finally asked for. Maybe it was the transformation from human to pony that might have messed up her head. She looks around her classroom, everyone is a pony too. They all seem confused specially the boys who got turned into fillies, not her fault that the pony gender ratio is one stallion for every ten mares. Her teacher got turned into miss Cheerilee. Her best friends into the flower trio, Lyra and Bon Bon, ( She does not like the name Sweetie Drops) and Rose Luck. there doesn't seem anyone who got turned into Twilight Sparkle and the rest of the mane six.

Why is that? Ah right she had decided that she did not want the problem of people turning into ponies solved. But then again, not remembering her wish, she couldn't get her head around it. She had a whole year to think into what to wish for, and why have ponies for just a day? She also made sure to not make any powerful villains, there will be no Discord, Tirek, Nightmare Moon and so on. There might be a Gilda or Trixie somewhere, in fact she is quite sure those two boys in the other class that always annoy her got turned into Trixie and Gilda, only the younger versions.

Of course, being a princess could go to her head, she does not want to be a tyrant, so she is sure that her mother got turned into Celestia or Luna. Dad surely got stuck as one of the Cutie Mark Crusaders cause he was too mean to her big sister Vinyl.

She does not think that she is a bad girl for what she did, honestly she could have done much worse that take over the town with friendship and ponies. She just wants a little fun. It's just her town, not even the whole state after all, or the entire country.

Yes, she is a good girl, isn't she? Sure not everyone might like being a pony, griffin or whatever they got turned into, but she had time to think about it, and put lots of safeguards to avoid the worst troubles of being changed into a completely different species. They are still legal citizens of the Unites States of America, with the same right as everyone born legally in the US.

She had contemplated the idea that the government would treat the ponies as non humans would end with the whole country being affected by the change. And that was just one of the safeguards. She really had to be thankful to the bronies she met online, soo many good ideas!

She sighs happily in her desk chair which is much bigger now that she had shrunk. With that said, her clothes no longer fit. Tara scans the room again, not a peep being made, just undying confusion filling these ponies heads. She made it official that this day would be one to remember as the best day of her life.

Author's Note:

Story by Vinyl-ScratchDJ17 with the collaboration of Pinklestia

We need a beta reader for this.