• Published 3rd Jul 2015
  • 1,206 Views, 26 Comments

Po-Ni-Oh! The Abridged Series - Shadowmane PX-41



Friendship, princesses, rich billionaire magicians, and more await in this MLP version of Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series...

  • ...
7
 26
 1,206

Chapter 6: This Seems Familiar...

Author's Note:

Hmm... Trixie having a major role in this episode? I could've sworn this already happened in the actual show...

The girls had all gathered on a cliff that led out towards the ocean, gathered around a fire. Applejack had calmed down after her violent outburst and now sat sharing tales with the group. Most of them didn't listen, as they were too busy devouring the fish that had been caught and cooked by their guest, Daring Do.

Daring Do seemed the simple sort of person. A pith helmet on her head, trousers with pockets all over them, and even a whip around her utility belt. Observing the girls carefully, she put her hands behind her head.

"So, Daring Do, what's with the adventure-style gear?" Rainbow Dash asked as she bit into her fish again.

"Well, ever since I was seven years old, I was quite into the world of adventure stories," Daring Do explained as the images went by in her head. "Most other children in my class wanted to draw pictures of whatever came to mind, or to try and be the teacher's pet as best as they could. But as for me, I simply read my adventure books and played as a make-believe adventurer of my own," she smiled. "And recently, that dream of being a real-life hero came to fruition when I was asked to take over for this girl named Lara Croft. She doubted me at first, but I proved her wrong by snatching up a great treasure in half the time she would have done it..."

"So, I'm guessing the tournament got you interested in getting more gold for yourself, right?" Twilight came to a conclusion based on what she had heard.

"That's exactly the reason," Daring said. "I've become attached to the stuff, but I haven't been spending or pawning it away. I like to keep it as a little museum of memorabilia for what I've accomplished."

"Sounds to me like you're kind of a hoarder," Pinkie Pie said as she quickly ate a fish finger in one bite. "And here I thought Button Mash had that issue..."

"Well, it's been fun, Daring, but we've got duellists to crush," Twilight said as she got up and began to walk away. "Have a great day."

It was at that moment, Daring Do noticed that Twilight was about to step on a tile that had been popped out. "Twilight! Don't stand there or you'll—"

But it was too late. Twilight had put her foot down on the tile, causing a massive arrow to fly out of the forest. She barely had any time to avoid the arrow, but she and everyone else ducked under it and watched it shoot off into the ocean.

"Celestia on a trampoline!" Twilight said as the arrow vanished under the waves. "Why didn't you tell me this place was booby-trapped?!"

"Sorry about that," Daring Do said. "I've also got a little bit of a fetish for laying down complex and unseen booby traps wherever I go. I'm not really sure why I like doing though, but I've got a hunch that I like to think of my whole life as one big gold heist...

"But don't worry one bit, Twilight," Daring said as she took Twilight's hand and examined the area she had laid her traps. "Just walk carefully over this way and..."

Pinkie Pie stood on another trap, causing a bolas to fire out and tie her legs up in seconds. She fell down, accidentally touching more and more traps with her hands and feet.

"PINKIE PIE!" Everyone shouted as they watched all of the traps get activated at once.

All at once, more and more bolas and arrows shot out from the trees. If that wasn't enough, jets of fire sprung up around where the cliff met the rest of the island, and nets were launched like mortar shells down on the girls.

"Oh c:yay:p..." Daring Do said as the traps came speeding towards them all.


*Insert intro sequence here*

PO-NI-OH! THE ABRIDGED SERIES


"Trixie, why not just go up to Steven Magnet and talk things out with him?" Lavender asked Trixie as she checked a grappling hook from behind the castle. "I'm sure he'll recognize your money and do anything you say..."

"Lavender, with a sea-serpent like Steven Magnet, money doesn't buy him everything," Trixie said back. "He obviously has his eyes set on Twilight Sparkle and her sexy alter ego, but I'm going to be in his castle, waiting for her. That purple p:yay:y won't know what hit her..."

"But still, why use the grappling hook?" Fuchsia asked as Trixie had already lobbed it and attached it to a secure part of the castle. "Won't it make more sense just to knock on the front door?"

"Fuchsia, I'm Trixie Lulamoon. I don't use the front door," Trixie said back as she began climbing. "Now get your butts up here with me. We're going to interrogate Steven Magnet and demand a duel with Twilight Sparkle!"

The three girls started climbing, and were already out of sight when Twilight Sparkle and her friends came walking by.


"You know, if it weren't for the fact that Daring Do has some kind of mental illness that could probably cause her death and the deaths of her friends because of her adrenaline pursuits, she's quite a nice girl when you think about it..." Twilight said.

"Yeah. She's pretty cool," Rainbow Dash agreed with her. "You know, besides the whole deathtrap fetish she's got going for her..."

"Hey! Get your hands off of me!" A duellist with blue spiky hair said as he was being restrained by the bulky white man who worked for Steven Magnet.

"Sorry, little guy, but you're out of Star Chips," the white man said as he watched the duellist thrash his legs as he tried to escape. "Magnet's rules demand that both players put up their chips to duel. And since you're out, I've gotta get you off of this island ASAP!"

"Hey! What's going on here?" Rainbow Dash asked as she looked at the duellist and the white security enforcer.

"This duellist lost his last Star Chips, meaning he's gotta go!" The bulk man threw the duellist onto a small boat, right next to Snips. "Yeah! I love being a heavyweight guard for Mr. Magnet!"

"Jeez... that's what happens to people who lose their chips?" Rainbow Dash watched as the losers had to start rowing away from the island to get back to their respective homelands. "In that case, we'd better not lost any duels any time soon. I mean honestly, who wants to work to get back home when they've lost? Talk about adding salt to the wound..."


Trixie heard a buzzing noise on her earpiece as she walked down the carpeted hallways of Steven Magnet's castle. She pushed a button on it and was projected a screen with Fuchsia and Lavender's faces on it.

"What is it, Otacon? I'm kinda busy here..." Trixie said.

"Stop calling us that!" Fuchsia said, mildly irritated by the codename she and Lavender had been assigned. "But anyways, I just wanted to let you know that Twilight Sparkle is looking for Star Chips outside. Do you want to call off this search for Steven and just duel her there and now?"

"No. But I do have a special job for you," Trixie smiled evilly. "I want one of you to go down and duel Twilight Sparkle whilst wearing the glove and Star Chips you see in the box in front of you," Trixie began to explain. "She will think you're another duellist. But I want your identity to be made hidden. When you fight Twilight, you shall be called either Aurora or Borealis."

"Why let us duel her when she's right here?!" Lavender asked. "This is the chance to exact your revenge on Twilight Sparkle and her friends! Why are you biding your time?"

"Because when I duel Twilight, I want her to know that she had it coming for a long time," Trixie explained. "It speaks volumes when someone has been waiting, hiding, and concocting a plan to find them and ensure they had the duel planned even without them knowing about it..."

"Fine then, but who should go to face Twilight?" Fuchsia asked.

"I dunno. Just play Rock, Paper, Scissors for it or something..." Trixie cut off the transmission afterwards, allowing her to resume her mission.


"I am the terror that flaps through the night!" A figure leapt out from the bushes in front of Twilight Sparkle and her friends. "I am the cloud that rains on your hip parade! I am Darkwi—"

"Hey, Fuchsia. How's it hanging?" Rainbow Dash said, immediately identifying the figure by their voice.

"Dammit! I knew that I'd never be a good cosplayer..." Fuchsia said as she unmasked herself and shed into her real clothes. "But anyway, I'm here to duel Twilight Sparkle whilst my big sister Trixie does something really secretive and confusing!"

"Well I don't usually take requests from you and Lavender, but I suppose it'll warm me up for if I need to spank Trixie's ass again so that she cries like the baby she is," Twilight's alter ego said. "So what the heck? You're on!"

"You'll pay for what you did to Trixie, Twilight Sparkle!" Fuchsia said as the two duellists took their positions. "After you crushed her with Faustia, you threw the three of us into a life of dysfunction!"


"Trixie? What's wrong?" Fuchsia asked as she and Lavender walked into Trixie's office, seeing their boss in a slump.

"Despite all the attention from the brony fanbase, Hasbro wrote me out of everything besides two episodes in Friendship is Magic, and a minor role in the second movie..." Trixie said as she put her hands to her cheeks. "And it's all because of that d:yay::yay:ag Twilight Sparkle...

"Now if you'll excuse me, I need to take a while to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It's the only thing that keeps me sane after the crippling blow I suffered..."

"Trixie..." Lavender and Fuchsia tried to reach out for Trixie, but they were too late.

Ever since you defeated her in the pilot episode, you made me and Lavender begin starting petty arguments that almost ruined our friendships...

"Are you kidding me? Frozen's a horrible movie, only created by Disney to appeal to every baby and little girl across the world!" Fuchsia yelled out as she watched Lavender hide her Frozen merchandise behind her back.

"If it's so bad, then why is it so popular?!" Lavender shouted back.

"That does it!" Fuchsia rolled up her sleeves. "1v1 me, u scrub!"

The two girls got into a fist fight, which eventually descended to them slapping each other and pulling at each other's hair, only to be broken up when Trixie slapped each of them across the face violently.

"That's it! No more Frozen!" Trixie shouted when the two girls had looked at her. "I can see that this petty bull:yay:t is only gonna keep going as long as those dolls and toys exist alongside the movie. Now hand them over and let me burn them in the furnace we keep in the basement."

You ruined our lives, Twilight Sparkle. And it only got worse from there...

"Gentlemen? I trust the plan is in full-motion?" Steven Magnet smiled as he addressed five mysterious figures in black suits.

"Yes. Soon, Hasbro will eliminate everything the brony fandom has ever created. Including the news, youtube videos, fan art, everything will be erased before long..." One of the suits said. "Operation Cease and Desist is in full-swing. Just say the word and we can begin with phase two."

"The codeword is... Lauren Faust." Steven said.

"All hail Hasbro! The overlords of puritan fanbases!" The five suits said in unison as they raised their fists in the air.

"Oh no! This is terrible!" Lavender said as she ran off to tell Fuchsia and Trixie all about it.


"You see, Twilight Sparkle? If Trixie doesn't win and use her money and influence to sort this out, the brony fandom will be purged by the Big Five of Hasbro," Fuchsia said. "Scott Sonneborn, M.A. Larson, Dave Polski, Josh Haber, and Jayson Thiessen will destroy everything the fandom came to love, causing us all to fade away forever!"

"That's a risk I'm willing to take..." Twilight said as she balled her hand into a fist.

"Well it's one I'm not!" Fuchsia leapt up onto Twilight's podium and swindled all four of her Star Chips. "I'm coming, Trixie!"

"Damn! Not again!" Twilight said as she jumped off of the podium.

"Get that mutha:yay:a!" Applejack said as she got her lasso out to capture Fuchsia.

The chase ended as quickly as it began, with Pinkie Pie tying Fuchsia's legs up with the bolas that had tripped her up earlier, and Applejack ensnaring Fuchsia's arms so that she couldn't crawl away.

"Listen, Fuchsia Blush," Twilight began as she got close to her face. "You can try and blackmail me all you want, even threaten my friends and deck, but let's get one thing straight. Nobody, but nobody f:yay:ks with the Princess of Card Games."

"Yeah. And besides, if those thugs from Hasbro try to purge this show, we'll Duel Ponies them so hard their dead grandparents won't even recognize them!" Pinkie Pie said from the group.

"I'm sorry, Twilight," Fuchsia said as she handed Twilight back her chips. "I just don't want our big sister to fade into obscurity after Rainbow Rocks," she hung her head. "If Trixie goes down, we go down with her. We're best friends, Twilight. Sisters by name, but different by blood. Surely, even you must understand this..."

"I understand perfectly, Fuchsia. What I don't understand is why you, Lavender, and Trixie are such massive a-holes..." Twilight spoke.

"Don't blame us for that. Our father was very tough on us..." Fuchsia looked back up at Twilight.

"Oh, really? And who was this abusive father who treated you like dirt?" Twilight asked as she tilted her head.

"Oh, he's not going to be announced until Season 3, in which some prissy crown-wearing stepsister and her friend try to steal bodies and regain control of Lulamoon Inc..." Fuchsia said.


"Interesting how the world of science allows us to progress these days..." Trixie said as she pulled out a large mechanical disk on a wire with certain spots for her cards on it. "It's allowed me to combine this game with another game known as Beyblade. Now the game's twice as intense, and even more confusing as it was before!"

Suddenly, Trixie activated a trap, opening a trap door beneath her feet. She screamed as she was sent plunging into the darkness of the unknown.

When she landed, she was in a capsule of blue liquid. The top was closed tightly, preventing any means of escape. She banged against the wall to try and break out, when wires suddenly bored themselves into her flesh, causing her to make a cry of pain which was muffled by the liquid. And if that wasn't enough, a special breathing apparatus was attached to her face, causing her to black out when the water was replaced with a sleeping gas.

"Oh, Trixie Lulamoon, you fell right into my trap," Steven Magnet smiled as the massive jar vibrated and hummed. Next to Magnet was a machine which generated a duplicate of Trixie. "You're not the only one who's made advances in the field of science, you know...

"Now, Hush, I want you to assume the role of Trixie Lulamoon and duel Twilight Sparkle's sexy winged alter ego," Steven said as he addressed the clone. "That way, I can learn more about her, and discover why she cheats to win every single time..."

"As you wish... daddy..." The clone of Trixie said slowly as it picked up Trixie's deck from her capsule, put all forty of her cards into it's pocket, and walked out of the door.


"Yeah! Twilight Sparkle!" The bulk man returned to greet Twilight right next to another duelling arena. "Sorry to take your time away from you, but Mr. Magnet arranged a special one of a kind duel for you!"

"A special duel? Just for me?" Twilight felt like a kid at Christmas. "You flatter me, Bulk Biceps. Now, who am I ass-kicking today?"

As if to answer her question, Trixie walked onto the red podium and locked gazes with Twilight.

"Hello again, Twilight Sparkle..." Trixie said, her voice venomous and tranced. "My name is Trixie Lulamoon 2.0. My goal is to find you, and destroy you, so that Mr. Magnet can live a life of sexual attractions to everyone other than the main character..."

"Oh my god!" Applejack cried. "We're actually having a cliffhanger for once!"

To Be Continued...


"Why am I always picked on and teased?" The blue haired duellist said as he rowed down heavy waves with the rest of the losers. "Why does this fandom hate me?"

"Shut up and row, you waifu stealing jacka:yay:..." Snips said.


PO-NI-OH! THE ABRIDGED SERIES

[Apparently, Steven Magnet has been reading Alex Rider's Point Blanc by Anthony Horowitz...]