• Published 20th Jun 2015
  • 2,659 Views, 121 Comments

All the Trolls. ALL OF THEM. - Alex Prior



What happens when a group of twelve runs afoul of the Merchant? Homestuck meets Troll Ancestors meets Equestria. Chaos ensues. [A Displaced story.]

  • ...
29
 121
 2,659

Prologue

My faithful student,

You and your friends have done a most admirable job with handling Discord. Unfortunately, his existence has reminded me that he is not the only such threat the Canterlot Gardens have in store.

I ask you to gather your friends and return to Canterlot at your earliest convenience. I believe it is time I briefed you on the Doomed Gods.
I shall see you soon.

Your teacher,
Princess Celestia.

Twilight lowered the letter. She looked into the worried faces of her friends. Naturally, Rainbow Dash was the first to break the silence.

“So basically, there’s more of those guys around, and the Princess only got around to telling us now?”

Pinkie Pie rolled her eyes. “Of coooooooourse she did, Dashie! Not warning somepony of a danger until it’s right at their doorstep is tradition, silly!” She tapped her chin with her hoof. “Except right now it isn’t! Which is kinda narratively strange, I guess…?” The pink mare shrugged. “Oh well.”

Twilight stared at her. “...Moving right along...”

-----

“Good morning, my little ponies,” Princess Celestia said as Twilight and her friends stepped off of the barrage of colors that was the Friendship Express. “I am glad that you all got here so quickly.”

“Er- thank you, Princess,” Twilight replied. She glanced around at the surrounding ponies, most of them either bowing in respect to Celestia or otherwise just gaping at the sight of her. “Although, seeing as this matter does seem a little confidential, are you sure it was wise to greet us in person?”

“Twilight, it’s good for the citizens to see me out and about,” Celestia explained, giving a wave to the populus. “Besides, I need fresh air every now and then as well. Come, I’ll walk you all to the castle.”

The walk through the streets of Canterlot was mostly uneventful, aside from the stares of passing ponies. The Elements were making small talk.

“In yer letter, y’all mentioned somethin’ about a group of Doomed Gods,” Applejack said. “So I reckon we’re headin’ up ta see them now, eh?”

Celestia gave a warm smile. “Yes, and all will be explained, I assure you. But not by me alone.” She gestured up ahead to Canterlot Castle, where by the drawbridge waited Princess Luna, ruler of the night.

“Both Princesses, eh?” Rarity muttered. “This must really be important.”

“Yes, ‘tis so indeed,” Luna said. “And although We only have experience with a few of these Doomed Gods, We shall do Our best to help with Our sister’s explanation. Follow me, everypony.”

She led her entourage to the Canterlot Statue garden, pointedly ignoring the Element of Laughter. The latter ignored her back.

“Clichés aside,” she mumbled, “now would be about time for that scene transition.”

-----
Unnoticed by the ponies, a blue hand floated by.
-----

Celestia highlighted the first statue. It looked ancient; the stone showed signs of eons, while somehow still remaining whole. Its inhabitant appeared to be about to pounce; a snarl full of exceedingly sharp teeth was frozen on his face. Two curved horns rose from a tangled mane. The creature held club-like objects in its claws. Celestia coughed.

“We believe this was one of, if not the first creature to arrive in our world. Unfortunately, we cannot tell; it predates even me and my sister. Perhaps even Equestria itself. We are still not quite sure how it got sealed into stone.”

Luna took over. “We call it Rage. Its true name is unknown to us.” She glanced at the Elements. “It is most likely one of the most dangerous ones.”

-----

Luna highlighted another statue. This one exhibited slightly less wear and tear; it depicted another of the creatures, standing proud. In one claw, it held a sickle; the other held nothing. It took Twilight a moment to recognize small, nubby horns from its mane. The creature’s face was frozen in an expression of annoyance. Celestia took over.

“This one called himself ‘Threshecutioner.’ We don’t really know what it means, but it was likely as nefarious as he himself.”

-----

Celestia unveiled another statue. Its inhabitant looked almost normal compared to the others. Its pose showed discipline; behind the creature’s back was a deadly-sharp cane. Its horns were sharp and pointed; on its face were a pair of glasses.

Luna sneered. “This is The Legislacerator, or Redglare as she referred to herself. This… creature worked for a vile and corrupted unicorn. But We are to bet her methods disgusted even Him. She had the most horrendous obsession with blood.”

-----

Methodically, the Royal Sisters moved from statue to statue:

-a creature standing completely symmetrically, four short horns poking through its mane;
"-This is the Psiionic. Its eyes were capable of ejecting highly destructive beams; it was one that actually asked to be locked away-"
---
-a creature sporting a broken horn and a frightening stature, crossing its forelimbs;
"-This is the E%ecutor. He used to work with a foul creature; thousands of years ago, of course-"
---
-two gilled creatures, one caped and robed, the other wearing what seemed to be a swimsuit, both cringing in terror;
"-These two attempted to assassinate the Seapony Queen; frankly we're surprised that they are still in one piece. We call them seadwellers-"
---
-a feline creature with a tail, capped with an odd cat-faced hat, seemingly fleeing from an unseen enemy;
"-This is the Huntress, we never got her name- yes, Fluttershy, she is part cat-"
---
-what could only be described as a maiden, in a pose that would inspire respect in the proudest of creatures;
"-The Caretaker, said I could call her Dolorosa, drowned in guilt after outliving her charge and asked me to lock her away to give her time to cope; still a dangerous entity though."
-------
They had arrived at the last statue, or to be more specific, a pair of statues. They were two of the creatures, locked in a kiss. One had horns like a minotaur; the other's reminded Twilight of a scorpion. Celestia stepped in front of them with a grim expression.

"These two are the most dangerous of them all. The one on the left is called the Thief of Luck, or Mindfang as she referred to herself. Her powers revolved around the manipulation of probability. The only reason we were able to capture her at all was because she was using her powers for- err, personal purposes."

Celestia paused.
"That said, the Elements almost didn't work." She shook herself out of it.

"But enough about her. The other one is one of the most dangerous creatures known to ponykind. He is able to completely take over a pony's mind with nary a thought. Yes," her voice shook slightly, “even ours. No mind is safe from him."

It was several quiet minutes before Twilight spoke again. “Princess Celestia, it’s been enlightening seeing all this, but… why are you showing this to us now?”

“Twilight, I recently came to a realisation, helped in part by my sister here,” Celestia replied, gesturing to Luna. “Despite our long-held tradition of withholding information unless immediately relevant, we live today in a dangerous time. Villains from the distant past have twice now returned, and I sense many more dangers to come. I want you and the rest of the elements prepared should anything else return. The less damage my ponies need take, the better.”

“Constant vigilance, Twilight Sparkle,” Luna added. “Constant vigilance.”

“Well, that seems almost uncharacteristically logical,” Twilight muttered.

“Blame it on the plot. This is a convenient place to start,” Pinkie whispered.

“Moving right along!” Celestia said, drawing the group away from the Grove of the Doomed Gods, and elsewhere in her enormous Statue Garden.

---

“Mmm. C0nvenient indeed. Th0ugh I supp0se that was inevitable.” A pale figure stepped out into the Grove. Although nopony had seen her, she’d been there all along. Her mane was black and concealed beneath a scarlet hood, out of which were poking two curving horns. She was dressed in a robe… no, pajamas of scarlet red, and two breezie-like wings stretched from her back. On her face she wore nothing but red eyeliner and a wide smile.

“Hey every0ne!” she called out, her voice echoing through the garden. “Megid0 here. G0sh, I’ve been l00king f0r y0u all f0r s0 l0ng!” She stepped up closer to the group of statues, searching for any details hidden within the stone. “But it s0unds like y0u all have been pretty busy with0ut me, eh?” She took a glance at Mindfang and the Controller. “Mmm, very busy indeed. Well, seems t0 me that we’ve all been separated for far t00 l0ng.” A wave of red energy rushed from the tips of the girl’s appendages, and circled the Doomed Gods. “Reverse, the fl0w 0f time! N0w, 0ur grand reuni0n!”

Fractures, glowing with red energy, slowly spread through the statues, accompanied by the song of crackling stone. It was several seconds before finally The Huntress’s statue crumbled away, leaving it’s inhabitant standing in its wake. Soon after followed The Caretaker, then the two seadwellers. The Psiionic’s statue burst, and two beams of red and blue cut towards the sky. The E%ecutor gave a mighty roar as his statue was all but pulverised. The Threshecutioner and the Legislacerator, freed from their stony confines, joined in on the E%ecutor's primal release. Shattered shards of rock fell away from Mindfang and the Controller. The latter’s eyes widened in shock, while the former tightened her grip ‘round the Controller’s back. Finally, Rage’s statue fell apart, and he screamed in anger, or surprise. Could’ve been relief.

All eleven former-prisoners turned to face their grinning savior. None spoke for several seconds, until the Psionic cried out. “Oii! Ten Thou2and year2 wiill giive you 2uch a criick iin the neck!”

“Ugh,” the male seadweller said, stretching his arm. “You said it, Captor. Though...” He took a glance around. “It doesn’t seem like Ten Thousand years. If it wwere, evverything wwould probably be a bit more… metallic.”

The female seadweller let out a sigh. “Look, Megido, what t)(ese boys mean to say is that t)(ey’re glad you busted us out of )(ere.”

The male seadweller put his arm behind his head for another stretch. “Yeah, Jen, thanks.” He gave a moan of relief, before adding, “Seriously, I havven’t stretched this wwell for a presumably lengthy period of time, and it is quite refreshing.”

“It’s n0 pr0blem,” Jen replied.

“I’m sorry, everyone, but can we slow down for a minute?” the Threshecutioner asked. “I was a statue two minutes ago, and now I’m not. Is this hard for anyone else to comprehend?”

“Hmph. No, ju2t you, Vanta2,” Captor smirked.

“H3y! D1llbr4ins!” the Legislacerator called. “H4s 4nyon3 3ls3 not1c3d th4t Sp1d3r 4nd Tor34dork 4r3 st1ll m4k1ng out?” The group (with the exception of Vantas, who was still taking time to comprehend things) turned to see Mindfang and the Controller still wrapped in their eternal snog, the Controller’s eyes darting around nervously, Mindfang’s closed and oblivious.

“:33 < Ah. It always does me good to see these things play out like they were meownt to,” the Huntress sighed. “:33 < Zahhak, you owe me five bucks.” The E%ecutor grumbled and fished into the pocket of his shorts, extracting a couple scraps of paper.

“We were made of stone two fucking minutes ago!” Vantas cried. “Why are the rest of you so fucking casual about this?”

“Look here, bro,” Rage said. “Sometimes these motherfucking miracles come along in life and we just have to accept them, kay? You know you don’t like what comes along after you start questioning the miracles.”

“Excuse Me,” the Caretaker piped up. “While I Must Admit I Would Love To Engage In Some Thorough Catching Of The Times, I Believe An Immediately More Pressing Matter Is At Hand.” She gestured to the right, and the rest of the Doomed followed the pointing finger to the entrance to the Grove, where the Elements of Harmony and the Princesses of Equestria were standing wide-eyed and open-mouthed.

“Hmm. That wwould a bit more pressing, wwouldn’t it,” the male seadweller said, reaching into his wizardly robes to retrieve his white wand.

“Yes, I suppose it is,” the female seadweller replied, hefting a large golden trident. “W)(at say we s)(ow t)(em t)(e wrat)( of Alternia!!”

Threshecutioner and Legislacerator exchanged glances.
(I thought we all turned into our costumes?)(Y34h?)(Did she dress as Feferi or Meenah?)(H3h3h33. H3ck 1f w3 know!)

Megido lost her smile. “N0n0n0n0! We just g0t here! We are n0t t0 be separated again!”

She snapped her fingers. All eight ponies were encased in red, pulsating time fields. Another snap, and a familiar platform appeared. A gesture, and her companions were thrown haphazardly wherever the platform lead.

With a sigh, Jennifer Megido, Maid of Time, dispelled both the time traps and the platform. She looked at the shell-shocked equines.

“I’m s0rry.”

She blinked out of existence.

Pinkie was, naturally, the first pony to recover. “Now the narrative’s getting back on track! The danger’s loose!”

Her cheerful statement was met with dismayed groans.

End of Prologue

Author's Note:

Allrighty then!

This is a fic from the Displaced genre, and my first published work on this site.
I'm not writing this story alone; no, it's co-written with SnapDrakeGames.
Neither of us have done something like this before, so bear with us.

As stated in the description, this is a crossover with Homestuck, specifically Hivebent, so expect random.

If any grammar mistakes slipped by our radar, be sure to let me know.

(Oh ye gods, I suck with inane chatter!)