• Published 14th Jun 2015
  • 5,689 Views, 431 Comments

Tonight, We Hunt - ShadowFall



Fluttershy has a very up-close and personal encounter with the deadliest hunter in all of Equestria when he unknowingly saves her life. New revelations of the Everfree Forest will be made, as well as the most dangerous being living in it.

  • ...
24
 431
 5,689

Champion Reveal

Author's Note:

Do note that there is a bit more humor in this chapter than usual, and humor that is really only recognizable by League of Legends players, especially with the famous League of Legends players mentioned.

One week later-

The revival process of Ponyville and the inhabitants of the Everfree Forest had been finalised a few days ago, but the summoners now stressed the importance to ready up for the journey to the League of Legends, something that the princesses and Shining Armor had taken every second of their day to prepare for.

Rengar felt around his den. The various trophies of slain beasts and monsters adorned the walls. Even one of the heads of the hydra that he and the elements took down was fixed on his wall. He ran his paw along the wall, then came to a spot where there was nothing.

The spot he had reserved for Kha’zix’s head was still empty after all of this time. Rengar grunted to himself, “One day.”

Thankfully, he had grown accustomed to his home in the Everfree, so he knew where everything was around the den. He fixated his armor that was locked away in a chest with a lock specially designed so only his claw could fit in to open it. His shoulder pauldrons were mounted on his sides, and he took his Hunting Knife into his grip, placing it around his waist. He wrist blades flicked out, then retracted.

Rengar was ready to enter back into the League. Though he came to Equestria in the first place to get away from the Institute of War, he couldn’t help but remember and miss some of the thrills that the League brought him. New champions meant new challenges for him, and champions were far greater adversaries than many of the beasts he has fought in his lifetime.

He had been gone from the League for quite some time. The thought of all of the new champions he would encounter filled himself with eagerness and anticipation.

“Hey! Rengo!”

The sound of Rainbow Dash’s raspy voice sent a painful shiver down Rengar’s spine. Coming out of his den, he walked straight up to the pegasus.

“Do not ever call me that again. Understand?” Rengar pointed a claw at Rainbow Dash.

“Sheesh. Sorry. Just here to check on if you’re ready and all to go to the League.” Rainbow Dash flicked her wing.

“I’ve gotten ready. The summoners have asked for us to head to Canterlot, right?” Rengar asked.

“Yep, they got a carriage here, actually.”

Rengar nodded and began to walk forward.

“Lead the way.” he spoke.

“Why do I have to- oh. Right.” Rainbow Dash shut her mouth as she made sure that Rengar was near her at all times.


The castle had a lot of increased security from the last time that Rainbow Dash had been here. Guards stood at every entrance way to every room within the palace, including the bathrooms.

“Weird…” Rainbow Dash spoke quietly to herself, still allowing Rengar’s sensitive ears to catch on her comment.

“What is it?” the lion asked.

“There’s a ton of guards here. I mean, seriously. Like… a ton.” Rainbow Dash and Rengar turned a corner, still finding more guards.

“I wouldn’t find that odd. Considering that the summoners are here and that this country had been flipped upside down in a matter of weeks, then it’s not too much of a far stretch.” Rengar followed Dash through the massive castle.

Then, a familiar voice called out.

“Over here!”

Rainbow Dash smiled and galloped towards Twilight’s voice, and Rengar followed suitly.

“Wow! What on Equestria are you wearing, Twilight? It’s really cool!” Rainbow Dash tugged at the robe and cloak that Twilight was wearing.

“Oh, well… it’s my summoner’s robe! I decided that I’m going to be participating as a summoner.” Twilight nodded, “After all, someone’s gotta keep an eye out for you and my brother on the battlefield.”

“You’re still a bit uneasy. I know that fighting isn’t really the way of your species.” Rengar spoke.

“Heh, you should have seen how she and Tirek exchanged blows.” Celestia patted Twilight’s head.

Suddenly, Rengar turned towards Celestia, “She fought Tirek, as in the immortal demon locked away in Tartarus?”

“Yes, actually.” Luna giggled.

“Come on… I don’t really want to talk about that.” Twilight took a step back.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I’ll keep my mouth shut now.” Celestia nodded.

“You know, the League of Legends can also be served as a punishment for unstable prisoners.” Tiberius said as he approached the group, “The final preparations have been made, and your appointments have been scheduled.”

“Tiberius, I just have to say, thank you so much for everything that you and the League have done for us. Without you, we might as well been left as a shatter country. And Rengar… once again, thank you for everything.” Celestia spoke up.

“It is the League’s pleasure. I apologise for cutting everything short, but is there anything else you need to do before we depart?” Tiberius asked.

“Actually, where is Kindred and Shining Armor?” Rengar sniffed the air.

“They have already took their journey with Bard. All that is left, are you five to depart.” the summoner explained.

“Well, then what are we waiting for? Let’s go!” Rainbow Dash stamped her hoof.


The Institute of War was a massive pantheon holding floating crystalline spires all around the building. The sheer size of the structure dwarfed Canterlot by miles, and all sorts of beings of different species were moving to and fro.

“By the gods… I have never seen such a wonderous place.” Celestia gasped in awe as she tugged on her own summoner’s robe.

“Truly an accomplishment to all who it beholds…” TIberius smiled as he returned to his home.

As they walked up the many flights of steps, with Rainbow Dash hovering above them all and earning dirty looks from Twilight, a small furry creature brandishing an axe and military headgear suddenly ran out of the institute.

“You! Yeah, you! Have y’all seen my damn lizard?!” the tiny creature shouted in a high-pitched hillbilly voice.

“He went that way, Kled.” Tiberius pointed behind him in a random direction, who which immediately, “Kled” swung his axe over himself and scampered off.

“Skarll?! Where the heck are ya?! Stupid cowardly good-fer’ nothin’ varmin!” Kled flailed off towards the direction that Tiberius pointed to.

“Ignore him. Just one of our more ‘interesting’ champions that you shall be encountering.” Tiberius sighed.

“He seemed to be quite the fascinating fellow.” Luna chuckled as the group continued on inside the institute.

Walking along, a human with blonde hair and a wand emanating contained light stopped and bowed.

“Oh! Welcome to the Institute of War! You must all be envoys of Equestria. As a proud Demacian, I welcome you all to Runeterra, and the League of Legends.” the young woman curtsied to the ponies and lion.

“Thank you dearly, Lux.” Tiberius bowed back to her, to which Lux then caught her eye on Rengar.

“Rengar? What are you doing back here? Have you rejoined?” Lux asked.

“Yes, actually.” Rengar cut his conversation short with her.

“Well… welcome back!” Lux smiled and nodded.

Then, another being made its way towards the group. The red-haired woman approached the ponies and lion, as well as Lux, and crossed her arms.

“So, this is the ‘Equestria’ that everyone’s been going on about. No offense, summoner, but is this really what the League of Legends is coming to? Unicorns and pegasi? And getting old champions back?” the woman blew a strand of her hair out of her face, “I remember when the League was interesting. All sorts of people to stick a blade into. But this? What chance do these creatures have against the might of Noxus?”

Before anyone could reply, Lux spoke first.

“Don’t listen to Katarina. She’s just some Noxian that thinks that they own and are greater than everything else here.” Lux rolled her eyes, earning Katarina to chuckle.

“Really now. I don’t think that’s an opinion, but a fact. Oh, and by the way, tell your brother that I’m not interested in him anymore.” Katarina laughed and suddenly disappeared in a red flash.

“What the- you take that back! My brother would never associate himself with the likes of you!” the flustered light mage stormed off.

“Wow. Talk about drama.” Twilight rubbed her forehead.

Then, three familiar faces- rather, one face and two masks approached the group.

“Shiny!” Twilight galloped towards her brother, and caught him in an embrace.

“Twily! Look at you! You’re a real summoner now!” her brother laughed and ruffled her mane, “Man, a princess, and now a summoner? I don’t think I could be any more proud of my sister than how much I am right now.”

“Rengar, you’ve come.” Lamb coed towards the lion.

But he’s still blind!” Wolf snarled to Lamb.

“Don’t be rude. He can still see all of us as clearly as before.” Lamb spoke.

“Sort of.” Rengar chuckled.

Tiberius smiled, “Glad that everyone is all here, but Rainbow Dash, Shining Armor, and Rengar, it is time for your appointments in the Trial Grounds. You all await your evaluations.”

Twilight hugged her brother again, “Be careful, alright?”

“Of course, Twily.” Shining smiled.

“I’ll see you all later, guys!” Rainbow Dash waved back at Twilight, Celestia, Luna, and Kindred.

When the lion, pegasus, and unicorn had left, Tiberius turned back towards the princesses.

“While they are gone, I shall be helping you to get accustomed to being a summoner in matches.” Tiberius instructed.

“Well, we’ve watched plenty of matches within the League. Perhaps it will be a learning experience for all of us.” Luna smiled.

“Is that so?” Tiberius stroked his beard.

“Ugh, horsefeathers… I forgot my notes.” Twilight fumed.


Walking outside of the massive halls of the institute, the two new champions and the returning one each took in the scenery around them. Various beings were all at work or practice on these holographed dummies in a gigantic field.

“Dear Celestia, look at all of them.” Shining Armor gawked as a huge yellow robot fired out his hand, grabbed a dummy, then punched it hundreds of feet into the air all within a second.

“Yeah. Too bad none of them are gonna be as awesome as me.” Rainbow Dash tried to make herself believe that as a woman having half the body of a snake screeched at multiple dummies, turning them to stone. Afterwards, she sprayed out a venomous mist that dissolved the now petrified statues into a sickly puddle.

“With practice and knowledge of what you’ll be up against, you’ll be able to overcome anyone.” Rengar spoke as he inspected his Hunting Knife, “Speaking of adversaries…”

As Rengar finished his last sentence, three more of the same kind of small creatures that the “Kled” fellow was walked up to the group. One was hefting a massive cannot under her, with long and pointy ears at the side of her head. Another was blue and covered in fur, holding a wrench in his hand and talking non-stop to the female that was with them, much to her disinterest. The last one had some sort of safari or scout hat on, with a bamboo blow-dart as his side and foraging supplies in a satchel.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t ol’ Rengar. Never thought I’d see you back around the League.” the blue-furred Yordle spoke up as scratched his back with his wrench.

“Rengar? It’s nice to see you back after all of this time. Hey, remember when I shot Victor right into the bush you were hiding in? Oh man, I wish his faceplate was off so I could have seen the look on his face!” the light purple-skinned female Yordle chuckled as she slung her massive cannon over her shoulder.

“Well, welcome back, Pridestaker.” the mild-furred Yordle nodded with his squinted eyes.

Rengar then turned back to the ponies, “Shining Armor, Rainbow Dash, this is Rumble, Tristana, and Teemo, if I heard these voices correctly. Yordles, meet the ponies of Equestria.”

“So, you are the new nation joining the League. If it means anything, welcome to the League of Legends. I hope that we’ll be fighting alongside each other one day.” Teemo, the Yordle with the blow-dart nodded.

“Wow! Look at all of you! You guys are adorable!” Tristana giggled.

“Ah, come on. Not as adorable as you babe-” Rumble started.

Tristana suddenly swung her cannon around and shoved the barrel right against Rumble’s face.

“The next time you spill that out of your mouth, it’s gonna be another one of those ‘Looks like Rumble’s blasting off again’. Got it?” Tristana unlocked the safety from her cannon.

Rumble kept his mouth shut.

“Good.” Tristana put her cannon down.

Shining Armor decided to break the ice, “I’d hate to be on the other side of that gun.”

“Trust me. No one does.” Tristana smiled, “Half the time, I don’t even know how I’m able to withstand the recoil of this thing.”

Rainbow Dash chuckled, “Woah! When can I get one of those?!”

“Hopefully, never.” Rengar stated broke a grin, much to Dash’s irritation.

“Rengar? If you don’t mind me asking, what happened to your eyes?” Teemo asked, and heard Rumble make a snide comment about his own.

“Thank Kha’zix for that.” Rengar grunted.

“Awh geez, I heard about what happened to you ponies. Hope everything’s all right.” Tristana asked.

“Thanks to the summoners and some champions, yeah. Everything is back to the way it was. Except that we don’t have the Elements of Harmony anymore. That’s why we’re here in the League.” Shining Armor sighed.

“Yeah, it blows. But I mean, this place is pretty neat.” Rainbow Dash laid down in mid air as if she was on a bed.

“Those void guys are nasty monsters.” Rumble crossed his arms, “Hey, Tristana, mind if I share with you a story of when I torched down that voidling Kog’maw with my flamethrower?”

“Heard it a million times, Rumble. Then Kog’maw’s Icathian Surprise still managed to blow you to pieces.” Tristana rolled her eyes.

“That never happened!” Rumble denied.

“Well, it was a pleasure meeting you Equestrians. I’m looking forward to being allies on the Rift. And remember, never underestimate the power of the Scout’s Code!” Teemo saluted and trudged away, along with Tristana and Rumble.

“Nice guys and girl.” Shining Armor smiled as he stretched.

“Yeah, but they’re so tiny. How do they really fight? I mean, Tristana, I can understand.” Rainbow Dash landed beside the two.

“Rumble fights in a mechsuit named unironically, ‘Tristy’. It’s armed to the teeth despite being made entirely from scrap yard junk. And don’t get me started on what Teemo can do.” Rengar explained, “Now let’s go. We need to get to your evaluations.”


Before the group was a massive stadium. Gigantic doors parted for them slowly, rumbling the entire area around them as the massive doors slid to the side.

“Champions, enter.”

The three walked in, Shining Armor standing rigidly steady, Rainbow Dash trotting in casually and looking around, and Rengar remembering everything and its familiarity as he walked into the arena.

When they arrive in, there was a platform high above them, containing six individuals standing above them. All were robed in various colors, with one being black and orange, pure red, and black and blue.

Suddenly, Rengar bowed before them, and Shining Armor caught on, doing the same.

“What’s going on? Who are they?” Rainbow Dash pointed to the six individuals.

“Those are six of the most powerful, skillful, and respected summoners in the League of Legends! Bow!” Rengar whispered harshly.

“What? I thought you were blind.” Rainbow Dash bowed anyways.

“Their magic can be felt anywhere around here. It’s that strong.”

Then, one summoner spoke up.

“Dude, Rengar. It’s cool. You all don’t have to bow to us.” the summoner having long black hair, and an unmaintained beard and mustache sat casually on his chair.

“Hey, welcome back, Rengar. The League’s missed your one-shots for quite a while.” another summoner sporting black hair and a slight beard spoke.

“I didn’t.” one summoner with blonde hair and glasses sat back.

“Rainbow Dash and Shining Armor, welcome to the League of Legends. These are Grand Challenger Summoners xPeke, Imaqtpie, Bjergson, Doublelift, and he himself before all of us, Faker. They are the most experienced of all the summoners in the League and will be evaluating all of what you show to them today.” one of the robed figures stated, “For me, I am the founder of the League of Legends, Phreak. We have awaited your country’s addition into our battles, and are eager of what you can show us.”

Then, Rainbow Dash suppressed a laugh, “Imaqtpie? Seriously? ‘I’m a cutie pie’? What kind of a stupid name is- oh, what the-?!”

Rainbow Dash was stopped in her sentence from her tail instantly catching fire from a snap of Imaqtpie’s fingers.

“Ignite?” Doublelift chuckled towards Imaqtpie.

“Fuck yeah.” the bearded summoner chuckled as the fire extinguished after a few seconds. Rainbow Dash preened her tail vigorously, making sure not to talk down upon those summoners.

Rengar then nodded to Shining Armor, who stepped forward.

“My name is Shining Armor Amour of the Crystal Kingdoms, Equestria.” Shining glanced back towards Rengar, then continued, “The former champion Rengar has instructed me after seeing what I can do myself to say that my favored role is Support.” Shining Armor planted his sword in the ground.

“Nice. God knows how tired I am of seeing Janna in every game. Please, show us what you can do.” xPeke pressed a control on his console, and three dummies came up, as well as another by Shining Armor’s side to imitate a friendly marksman.

At once, Shining Armor drew his crossbow from his back with his magic, loaded in a solid crystal bolt, and fired. The bolt struck into one of the dummies, and Shining Armor pointed to the target.

“Marksman! Fire at the marked target!” Shining pointed, to which the fake ally fired a practice round at the dummy, and at once, the bolt stuck inside exploded and found that a shield had conjured from the magic released around the marksman, and also damaged the enemy dummy as well.

“Hey, that was neat. Maybe needs a bit more power, though.” Bjergsen nodded to the other summoners, “Give us another.”

Shining Armor then levitated his sword in front of him, and slashed towards the dummies. The crystal sword cleaved through all of them, then came back around a second time. When it struck again, every single dummy suddenly showed a status above them, indicating that if they were real champions, they would have been knocked out of their senses.

“Huh. I can see a lot of immobile marksmen hating you already.” Imaqtpie, the summoner with the unkempt beard and hair chuckled, “Let’s see the damn ult already.”

Rengar nodded to Shining Armor, and the pony turned back towards the summoners.

“By the Crystal Heart, follow me!” Shining Armor’s shield drew out, causing magic to blast into Rengar and Rainbow Dash behind him, a blue forcefield activating as they stood behind him.

“Huh. Spellshields for champions that stand behind you. Definitely wanna play Jayce or Kennen with that comp.” Doublelift nodded towards xPeke, “But other than that, it’s a bit anti-climactic.”

“Uh… anti-climactic?” Shining Armor turned back to his friends.

“Oh, don’t worry. Even if your ult doesn’t deal tons of damage, it’s still gonna be a valuable asset to whatever team you’ll be on. I mean, spellshields for potentially your entire team? That’s a pretty easy teamfight right there.” Phreak nodded to the other summoners, “High Summoner Faker, you’ve been quiet this whole time. Got any input?”

Faker adjusted his glasses and spoke, “Jang-geoli doen keompojisyeon geuleul wihae gajang joh-eun geos-ibnida. Naneun geuleona, geuga LCSe sayongdoeneun pyosidoeji anhseubnida. Geuneun jogeum neomu dansunhabnida.”

“Woah, what’s he saying?” Rainbow Dash put a hoof to her ear.

“He’s saying that Shining Armor has a lot of potential, but perhaps with what he has to offer, he might not be played in the LCS as much. Still, he’s a very solid addition to the League of Legends.” Rengar’s ears picked up every word that the fabled legendary summoner was speaking, “Trust me. If Faker himself says that you are solid, then he means it.”

Shining Armor exhaled a bit as the robed humans discussed amongst themselves, “Phew…”

Then, the summoners turned back towards the group.

“We will be making a recommended gear build for you soon, Shining Armor. Thank you very much for your time.” Phreak rubbed the top of his receding hairline, “As for you, pegasus. Please introduce yourself.”

Rainbow Dash trotted a few steps forward, “Name’s Rainbow Dash! Fastest flier in all of Equestria, and certified Wonderbolt… in training.” she hung a bit on the last part.

“Oh boy. Another mobile champion.” Imaqtpie rolled his eyes, “God knows how many more of those we need. Alright, show us what you can do, pony.”

At once, Rainbow Dash braced herself on the ground, and a group of dummies rose from platforms in the arena. She rocketed into the air, leaving behind a massive cloud of dust. She sailed straight up into the sky, hovered in place for a bit, then shot back down. A multicolored jet-stream began to appear behind her as a sonic cone started to form. Gaining more and more speed, she thrusted her hooves in front of her.

Then, a bright flash came over the entire institute of war, and a ring of every color in the visible light spectrum expanded rapidly, Rainbow Dash instantly doubling her speed towards the ground.

Colliding, the entire arena found itself in the center of a mushroom cloud of rainbow colors, rising up like a fist in the air. Rengar and Shining Armor hid in a shield conjured by the unicorn, and the summoners were shielded themselves by Faker’s Barrier spell.

Every summoner, except for Faker had their eyes wide at the display. Every dummy had been vaporised into a pile of ashes.

“Well, on a scale of a hundred to a thousand, how awesome was that?” Rainbow Dash grew a cocky grin on her face.

“Dude, that’s busted as fuck.” Imaqtpie spoke.

“Nerf incoming.” xPeke nodded in agreement.

“Oh my god. Rip squishies everywhere.” Bjergson huffed.

“No way can that be allowed.” Doublelift shook his head.

“I know I’m all about tons of damage, but that’s way too far.” Phreak’s eyes were still wide.

“아니” Faker gave his statement: “No”.

“Wait, what? What do you mean that it can’t be allowed? That had to be the coolest thing all of you have seen!” Rainbow Dash fumed.

The summoner suddenly started discussing with each other in hushed voices. Nods and head shaking came from each of them.

“Yeah… your abilities may be a bit too strong for organised tournaments within the League. They’re gonna be looking to nerf you.” Rengar placed his paws on his hips.

“Nerf?” Rainbow Dash looked up, puzzled.

“It means to have a reduction in power in one way or another. Talk to Irelia. She knows a lot about that.” Rengar chuckled.

“What?! Oh come on! I don’t want to have my awesomeness stripped from me like a badge!” Rainbow Dash protested.

“Don’t worry. It’ll be much more of a challenge that way. And trust me, you’ll probably find that flying so high on summoner’s rift is a terrible idea.” Rengar nodded.

“And why’s that?” Rainbow Dash asked, but was interrupted when the summoners came back to facing them.

“Thank you for everything, Rainbow Dash. Might I say that your demonstration was probably one of the most exciting we have seen in quite some time. Truly the epitome of tons of damage.” Phreak smiled.

“Are you going to nerf me?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“No shit.” Doublelift chuckled.


“Stupid summoners… I’ll show them a nerf if I ever get my hooves on them!” Rainbow Dash threw down her satchel that she picked up from a delivery to the League in her room. The room was incredibly nice and had a lot of amenities, including a crystal orb that allowed for long-range communication, but she ignored all of that and flopped down on the bed given to her.

“Ugh…” Rainbow Dash groaned.


Meanwhile, Rengar walked back into his old quarters within the League. It was a cave located in the nearby arcane forestlands. His trophies of the various monsters in the jungle located in Summoner’s Rift were still there, collecting dust. He felt over each bone, each claw, and each tooth that hung on his walls.

“Hmmm… I’ve missed this place more than I thought.”

Rengar felt a skull, the head of a Murkwolf that he had slain on the Rift, and blew the dust off of it. The dust filled his nose, and he sneezed once, wiping it.

“Bless you.”

Rengar’s ears perked up, and turned around at the familiar voice. A voice he wasn’t looking forward to hearing again.

The cougar purred as she walked into the den.

“Wow. For a hunter, your trophies are so dirty.” the cougar suddenly swiped her paw over a row of teeth standing on a table, scattering them to the floor. Rengar growled and pulled out his Hunting Knife, but the cougar suddenly ducked in between his legs, and transformed on the other side.

A woman in loincloths and fur garments emerged from behind, and a javelin was pointed to the back of Rengar’s head.

“So, you came back, Rengar.” Nidalee smiled as she pressed the tip against the back of his head.

“You’re a sight for very sore eyes.” Rengar grunted and turned around, the point of Nidalee’s weapon still at his neck level.

“Likewise.” NIdalee lowered her spear, “Still the same as always. Hunter slaying mercilessly anything that comes in front of him.”

Rengar was about to say that he had changed a bit just to spite her, but his pride kept his mouth shut.

“I’ll be sure to kill you every chance I get in Summoner’s Rift.” Rengar spoke, his face towards the Bestial Huntress.

“Might be a bit hard with your eye, no?” Nidalee chuckled as she transformed back into a cougar, and leaped out of the cave, sprinting back into the forest lands. Rengar shook his head and went back to familiarising himself with his old home.

He had to prepare himself for the upcoming match. It has been quite a while since he had fought within the League, and the Institute was always changing. A scroll had been left on a table as he felt over it, knowing that it didn’t carry and dust.

Rengar growled. He couldn’t read anymore.

“Damnit…” Rengar fumed as he threw the scroll away and went back to finding his valuables around his den.

Little did he know, the title of the scroll contained quite a bit of importance to Rengar.

It read: “ASSASSIN UPDATE”.


“Darius, he cannot be disturbed at this hour. I urge you to reconsider this intrusion during our work.” the bald man dressed in armor and carrying a massive vial of chemicals on his back spoke through the bandages over his mouth.

“I don’t care. There is an administration match within the League that the new nation ‘Equestria’ is going to be included in. He’s selected for jungler, and that order is coming from General Swain.” Darius pushed his way past Singed and walked into the massive alchemy lab where all sorts of concoctions of chemicals smoked and bubbled.

Darius looked over the various potions and poisons before pounding on a door.

“Open up, Warwick! You’re the jungler for the match against Equestria!” Darius pounded the door again, but only got a throaty and deep voice to growl at him from the other side.

“I’m busy! This potion can’t wait any longer!” Warwick growled from inside.

Then, Darius looked towards a shelf of poisons, then ran his arm across the entire shelf, knocking every single bottle the floor. The noise of shattering and the hissing of chemicals cause the door to swing wide open, revealing the red-eyed werewolf that had locked himself inside, snarling furiously.

“No! That line of chemicals had years of work in them! I’ll have your head, Captain!” Warwick snarled as he trudged over towards Darius.

“That was a mistake.” Singed narrowed his eyes, approaching from behind.

“Please. Both of you can’t possibly do anything to me. You make one more move, and you’ll see how many shelves I can topple with one axe swing.” Darius threatened, getting Singed and Warwick to stop advancing, “Good.”

Warwick picked the bits of glass off of the floor, “So, I’m needed in the League?”

Darius nodded, “Yes, and we’re going to be fighting those ponies from Equestria.”

At this, Warwick’s ear perked up.

“Ponies, you say?” a devious canine smile traced itself on his face.

“Yes. Little tiny ponies. If you think killing Yordles is a blast, I have a feeling that those Equestrians will make for quite the entertaining endeavor.” Darius chuckled.

“Mmmmm… At least my prey will be entertaining to offset this… intrusion into my lab.” Warwick nodded, “Singed, tend the lab while I’m gone.”

“Yes, master.” Singed nodded and got back to work.

At this Darius, nodded to Warwick.

“I’ll be waiting to see what you can do to those ponies.” Darius smiled maliciously.

“Well, it’s like I always say.” Warwick scratched his claws against a wooden table, leaving four long lines of grooved canals in the wood.

“It’s only fun, if they run.”


Darius shoved aside the massive crowd as they cheered and roared the name of his younger brother, a name that Darius had grown to hate and resent every time someone has spoken it to him.

However, the name wasn’t shouted or boasted the most by his followers.

It was shouted by the same man who held that name.

“Who wants some Draven?!” the man on top of the stage shouted as the prisoners behind him stared at him with wide eyes in their tight rope bindings.

Darius stopped pushing through the crowd, and stood there, arms crossed.

“Draven! Draven! Draven!” the crowd cheered incessantly, the man soaking up all of the glory like a sponge.

“Not Draven. It’s more like… Draaaaaaaaaaven…” Draven felt the sound exit his mouth, and smacked his mouth, “Damn, I love the sound of that name.”

Darius grunted.

Then, with one swift move, Draven swung two axes off of his back, and with a quick twist, flung another blade down to the opposite side, creating a double-sided axe in each hand. The crowd went wild again. Then, Draven flicked his wrist, and both of the axes began to spin on their circular mechanism. The spun and spun faster and faster, until they were mere blurs of the overly shiny weapons they were before.

The prisoners struggled against their bindings, their muffled screams being suppressed by the cloth tied around their mouths.

“These Noxians are convicted of associating with our lowly enemies, the Demacians! Heh, excuse me. Some Noxians to begin with.” Draven gave his signature shit-eating grin towards the audience, and posed.

“Who wants to see Draven where he shines?!” The Glorious Executioner cackled, the crowd roaring in unison, shouting everything they wanted to be done to the prisoners.

Then, with one swift flick, a spinning axe was sent for the prisoners. It curved in mid air, leveling its whirling devastation to the angle of their necks. A glimmer in the prisoners’ eyes came from the axe, and it was the last thing they saw.

The gore that spewed from their necks poured down the prisoners’ clothes as the axe cleaved through all three of them perfectly and without losing any speed. Draven held out his hand, and caught the axe perfectly, stopping the spinning, placing the axes on his back, and held out his hands above his head, his fingers making the “V” shape.

The crowd went wild at the gorey display, to which Draven chuckled, “Yeah, I love me too.”

Darius at this point had enough. He bulldozed through the crowd, and came to the front of the stage and pointed his armored hand at Draven.

“Show’s over! You’re needed in the League!” Darius commanded.

Draven knelt down on the stage, still having his head above his brother from the elevation of the wooden platform.

“Ah, so if it isn’t my dear brother. Uh… what was your name again?” Draven laughed, “Sorry, I really only remember names if they start with a sound like ‘Dray’ and end with ‘vehn.”

At this, Darius grit his teeth, “I’d have enough for your crap. Get off the stage. Apparently Swain thinks that you’re worth having in the League.”

“Wouldn’t blame the General. I’m pretty freakin’ sweet.” Draven flexed his muscles, kissing one.

Then, Darius thrusted his axe forward, grabbing the back of Draven with the axe’s specially designed hook, and him right off of the stage and into Darius’s armored chest, causing the younger brother to bounce off of him and topple to the ground. At this, Draven looked up at Darius. The height difference between the two was now clear and staggering. The younger Draven was far shorter than Darius, his outrageous hairdo bringing it level with Darius’s head.

“We’re fighting Equestria. You want to put on a show for your little ‘fans’ here, then get your ass Bot Lane on Summoner’s Rift. The match will begin soon.” Darius turned around, and walked back through the now silent crowd.

Draven quickly got back to his feet, thought of something to save his ego, then shouted, “Did you hear that? Equestria! Some ponies are gonna step into the League of Draven?! Hah! Watch the next game where I’ll show you a real bloodbath!”

The crowd at this instantly went wild, and Draven smiled once again, crossing his arms.

“Heh. Smooth.”