• Published 14th Nov 2011
  • 28,547 Views, 472 Comments

Hiatus - Vargras



Redeemed, Luna finds she must spend a year in order to recover. But how will she pass the time?

  • ...
27
 472
 28,547

Epilogue - Night Mare Night

"How do I look, 'Tia?"

It was finally Night Mare Night, and Luna was more than ready to make her return. She had everything planned out - she would make a grand entrance, meet the citizens of Ponyville, and then pay Twilight Sparkle a visit at her library. Luna looked at herself in the mirror, examining the cloak. It wasn't anything overly spectacular, and was colored a fairly simple dark green. She had something in mind, however.

"It looks good on you, little sister. I'm sure you'll make quite the impression."

"Best part is, after I land, I'm going to make the cloak turn into bats! Oh, I'm so proud of that idea. It's so... so... festive!"

"Really now?" Celestia giggled and grinned as she looked over her sister. She had the guards, the chariot, and now her cloak would be turning into bats? It sounded decidedly silly, but Celestia still loved the idea of it all - Luna had always been much more creative than her. "I've got to say, Luna, you really do have all this planned out."

"Mhm! I've been planning this night for months now! I've got everything perfectly charted out, so that I make the best impression possible. I mean, if I got to be this popular in Canterlot just from standing up to some stuffy politicians, I can't wait to see what the citizens of Ponyville will think of me!"

"Oh, Luna! Before I forget, there's one last thing I need to tell you before you go." Celestia approached her younger sister with as serious of a look as she could muster, though it wasn't as if such a thing were difficult. "Ponyville places a lot of importance on tradition. When you visit, always be sure to use the royal 'we', 'thou', and 'thy'. Don't forget the Royal Canterlot Voice either!"

"But... won't that scare them or something? I mean, Twilight Sparkle never seems to use such language in any of the letters she's sent to me."

Celestia wrapped one foreleg around her sister's neck, pulling her closer. "That's because Twilight is from Canterlot, not from Ponyville. Of course she doesn't speak like that. And no matter what they tell you otherwise, keep using the 'we' and 'thou' and such - I became quite the laughing stock the first time I visited because I bought into that."

"...Really?"

"Mhm. I quickly grew accustomed to it. Don't worry, Luna, you'll do great."

Luna smiled and gave her sister a quick nuzzle before running off for her chariot. "Thanks for all the tips, 'Tia! I'll let you know how it goes!"

"Please do!" Celestia quietly made her way back to the throne, taking a seat upon it and sitting in silence. It wasn't until after several minutes had passed that one of her guards finally spoke up.

"...Er, your Majesty. I didn't think any of the ponies in Ponyville spoke like that?"

Celestia giggled and grinned. "They don't."