• Published 23rd Apr 2015
  • 15,193 Views, 469 Comments

The Appearance of The New - Castok the Shadow



After five sleepless years, I'm ready for revenge

  • ...
79
 469
 15,193

Negotiations and Vengeful thinking

Dynol POV:

'Half a garrison slain by five ponies!" I thought angrily to himself as I was walking through the Everfree and towards Ponyville while my warriors and councillors were following behind me. My councillors could of easily destroy those ponies and yet they didn't? If it wasn't for WoodFang, they would of had more than a shout from me. I had WoodFang walking next to me only because he was unsure on my injury, but that blade only stabbed me and nothing more, it wasn't much to worry about although I have been coughing a lot as we walked. But I'm sure that normal for being stabbed, her head will do nicely on my wall once this war is over.

We arrived at the town, where our possibly friends awaited us. But if they dare try and cause a trouble... I won't let them escape like the ponies. As we walked, Behemoth and Llofrudd ordered their remaining warriors to go rest while they, along with me and WoodFang, headed off to see the dragons. We headed towards the castle and there we saw them.

There, in front of my newest castle, was three large dragons standing tall and proud, mostly likely to show they're no pushovers. On the right was a bulky looking dragon with silver scales and red stripes. He had craved spikes going from the back of his neck to all the way to his tail which has long spear-like spike at the end. He wore what looked like ancient iron armour, almost like it was made an age ago. His eyes was an amber coloured, looking straight at me and my councillors.

On the left, stood a more slimmer dragon, meaning this was a female. Her wings were folded up in the air, like she's hiding something. Her scales was a purple-blue smooth skin, shining from the sun. Her back, unlike the other fella, was also smooth and with no spike to ruin it. She wore ancient armour like her ally, but not as much for she wore more of blackish leather than mental. She had two curve horns coming out of the back of her head, missing a few feet away from her crimson eyes.

And finally, in the middle of both dragons was another female. However, she was much taller than the others, around a few feet more. Her wings had some holes in them, they looked like she had been shot by both magic and arrows. She was covered in yellow-redish robes, covered in dragon symbols and bits of gold around the neck. On top of her head was somewhat of a crown, containing gems, bones and gold, its design looked very barbaric. Although, she had green emerald-like eyes that showed a motherly side of her and also, a very peaceful one. This could work well for me.

"Welcome, dragons" I spoke firmly as me and my councillors reached the three dragons. "Welcome to what remains of the town known as Ponyville"

The middle dragon nodded her head. "Greetings, Lord Dynol. I am Lady Night-Gaze and these are my Elder councillors; High-lord E'drak and Inquisitor Era'do" The two dragons bowed their heads in respect.

"A pleasure, allow me to introduce my councillors; Great Alpha Behemoth, Leader of Clan Bytheiad and Clan Mwngrel. And this is Llofrudd Shard-Oth, son of Varlock Shard-Oth, Chieftain of the Ogres of Red-Oath"

"I see" Night-Gaze said with a smile. "They look like they can handle a war"

"Looks yes, but I don't give them false hope if they cannot do a simple task" I didn't need to look back to know that the two were rubbing the back of their necks. "But I guess I know why you're here, milady"

Lady Night-Gaze and the other dragons raised their heads up and unfolded their wings.

"We, the elder dragons wishes to ally with your Horde"

I smiled. "By all means, elder dragons, your timely alliance is all but welcomed"

"I must say" High-lord E'drak booming voice said. "When we heard you'd declared war upon Equestria, we thought you were just one of insane fools"

"But when you captured Ponyville" Inquisitor Era'do entered the conversation. "We had a long and somewhat boring chat about what side we should be on; Neutral or yours"

"Well I'm honoured that you didn't side with Equestria" I replied as I placed my hands behind my back. "From what I've heard, you two were once allies for each other"

"Once" E'drak spatted. "But then we took our heads out of the clouds and realised what a stupid thing that was. Too peaceful for the likes of us"

"Huzzah!" Behemoth cheered. Both me, Llofrudd and the dragons looked at him. "Oh sorry, I kinda wanted to say that to myself"

I shook my head and faced the Lady Night-Gaze. "Beside fighting with the Horde, what else can you provide in this war?"

"You may know of our homeland; The Dragon Holds" Night-Gaze informed. "Well after the Chaos Crisis, The Griffin Empire took their chance of expending their territories by taking some of our Holds - in your sense, cities - when we were at our weakest. We can declare war upon them, which will slow down reinforcements from Griffinstone and their Minotaur allies from coming to Equestria's aid, making your campaign a bit more easier for your Horde. Also, some of nobles in the Holds are very into the Everfree Forest, we could trade you resources from our lands if you trade some of your forest's resources like those poison jokes, rare relics from abandon fortresses and for some reason among my people; just fruits from the forest itself"

"Fruits?"

"I think it's to show off to rival families that they have something from the most dangerous forest in all of Equus"

"What are these resources you can send to us?"

"Metal, weapons, wagons, heck even our own scales for your blacksmiths to create unbreakable armours" Era'do explained as she looked at Behemoth. "Like the one your canine ally wears" I looked at Behemoth and saw more detail on his armour. She's right, they were made of scales. I should of known. "But, we offer you something else, Lord Dynol. A token of our friendship and luck to your war against the ponies"

I faced the inquisitor as she lowered her neck and placed her head on the ground. Coming down from her neck was another dragon.... Smaller then the three elder dragons. Once again, slim body with smooth orange-purple scales, meaning another female. But she walked on two legs rather than four and wore red robes. She had no spikes and no horns, almost look like a drake to me. She came down with an orb in one of her claws, coloured in a white-blueish aura. In the another, she held a large book. In looked ancient and perhaps even older. Once she was off the Inquisitor's head, she walked right up to me and bowed her head which I nodded back. She lifted up her head, looking at me with sky blue eyes.

"Lord Dynol The Dammed" She spoke softly. "It's an honour to meet you in person, I'm looking forward working with you"

"The honour is mine, miss...?"

"Ormry, Ambassador Ormry"

"A fine name, Ormry" I said with a smile.

"The ambassador will work as a connection between you and us" Lady Night-Gaze explained. "Instead of sending your ravens to us, you can right your letters to the ambassador and she'll send them to us, making communication a lot easier"

"And I can guess she's also here to make sure your interests are heard in my council?"

"Correct"

I nodded my head as I looked at the orb and book in Ormry's claws. "And what are these gifts you're giving to me?"

"The Aspect Book was written by a powerful battle-mage" E'drak said strongly. "He had similar powers to yours, as the book said something about summoning these things called as the book's named; Aspects. The Orb we have only a small bit of information about what it does. We think it's to tell wisdom to does who wants to learn because of strange whispers. Although, it has remained silent for a long time"

'similar powers like mine?' I thought to myself as Ormry gave the orb and the book to Llofrudd. 'Who could possibly use my mentors' gifts if I was the only one they've called?' Something isn't right, more questions for my mentors.

"Don't we need to sign something?" Behemoth asked as Llofrudd looked at the book. "or shake claws?"

"No need" I spoke as I got out of my thoughts. "If they didn't gave us those relics and wanting to side with us, I'm all for it. The Horde of the Forest is grateful to have the Dragon Holds as their allies"

"And we Elder Dragons" Lady Night-Gaze smiled, showing her sharp teeth. "Are glad that we can go to war again on our hated neighbours"


Far away from Equestria

"If not, don't expect me to reply again, this is your only chance to join my war and in turn, your retribution of fire and rage"

The air figure of Dynol slowly shrink back into the scroll and rapped itself up. Once it done that, the raven picked it up and flew out of the inn's window. Clicking noises were chatting around the inn.

"Equestria is at war?"

"Ponyville has fallen?"

"Who was that Dynol?"

"Why did he ask for us to join in this fight of his?"

"Silence!" The leader of the group yelled. The leader got up from his set and moved into the light. Covered in his once loyal armour to his queen, having a crimson coloured symbol of two insect wings on his right black-iron shoulder plate. His helmet covered his entire face apart of his horn. His wings buzzed a bit, making sure his armour wasn't too tight. He opened his eyes and smiled.

"Crimson Wings! Tomorrow, we'll moving out to Ponyville for blood and glory!"


"If not, don't expect me to reply again, this is your only chance to join my war and in turn, your retribution of fire and rage"

The air figure of Dynol slowly shrink back into the scroll and rapped itself up. Once it done that, the raven picked it up and flew out of the cave. Clicking noises were chatting around the cave as they came together into a circle.

"Equestria is at war?"

"Ponyville has fallen?"

"Who was that Dynol?"

"Why did he ask for us to join in this fight of his?"

"Isn't it obvious?" The leader of the group said as he sat on his throne made of bones. His blackish robes with blue highlights blow thanks to the wind coming out of the cave, revealing pure white steel armour underneath That had a thunderbolt symbol on his armour. In his right hoof, he held his steel barbaric trident up with pride. He wore a steel Sallet helmet, only showing his snout that was covered in scars from previous battles. He opened his eyes and smiled.

"Obviously, this Lord Dynol has heard of the mighty and powerful Blitzschlag warriors and wants to share his glory with us!"

Author's Note:

Alliance, Alliance, Alliance.

Seems as though this war is gonna get bigger then ever before.... I mean, beside taking over Ponyville, making those walls and fighting the princesses one on four. Either then that, bigger then ever before.

Next chapter will show more on what Equestria is going to do. You know, regrouping and healing their armies for war once more.