• Published 23rd Apr 2015
  • 15,182 Views, 469 Comments

The Appearance of The New - Castok the Shadow



After five sleepless years, I'm ready for revenge

  • ...
79
 469
 15,182

She already knew what my race is!?

Sunset POV:

Everything has finally settled down. Ever since that whole thing with the friendship games, everything went back to normal. Right now I was in the hallway with my friends, chatting about the whole friendship games besides the little magic crisis. We laughed at our favourite moments and we were hanging out with a newest friend, who we already knew: This world's Twilight.

As we were chatting, I noticed that my locker was glowing which means someone has wrote something to me, most likely my world's Twilight.

I walked up to my locker, whilst my friends were giving me looks of concern and open my locker's door, to see my book glowing and vibrating. As I picked up my book, I open the latest page to see it was written like some kind of letter. It said:

Sunset

There is a crisis back on Equestria, something that needs everyone's aid for the coming fight. The Princesses themselves requested your aid for they believe you have more knowledge of this creature terrorising our people.

We immediately request you to come to Equestria as soon as possible.

Your friend
Twilight Sparkle

My eyes widened in disbelief. The princesses are asking me to return to Equestria, to deal with the creature I may have knowledge on, what creature could that possibly be?

"Something wrong, Darling?" Rarity said as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

I turned around. "Twilight and the princesses needs me to return to Equestria"

"WHAT!?!?" Everyone yelled.

"Why do they need you back?" Human Twilight asked.

"They said that there is a crisis about a creature that's terrorising everyone and I may have knowledge about it"

"And what creature might that be?" Applejack said with one of her eyebrows raised.

"I do not know, could it be some kind of new creature that maybe this world has, or it could something all together"

"When do you have to go?" Rainbow Dash asked.

I sighed. "As soon as possible"

Everyone looked at each other, some looked to the ground disappointed and sad knowing I have to go. I could just easily write back to Twilight to tell her I cannot come to Equestria. But then again, the princesses themselves asked personally requested my aid. I hope I can fix this problem quickly and with ease, so I could return to my friends.

"Well, if they need you then you should go at once" Applejack said with a pitiful smile. Before I could even protest, Rainbow cut me in.

"She's right, if what they said is true, you're needed there more then here"

"But what happens if something bad happens here and I can't help you all"

"Sunset" Rarity smiled. "The threats we faced before were all from Equestria" she looked at Twilight with a smile. "All of them, and if Equestria falls to this foal beast, what hope do we have here? No Sunset, I'm afraid you're needed there for now"

She's right. If Equestria does fall to this creature and focused its attention to here... We may not stand a chance and then both worlds could be under its control. I shivered from the thought.

I sighed once more before nodding my head in agreement. "I guess I'll see what this thing is, take care of it and be back before tea"

My friends giggled. "And once you're done, we'll have the biggest tea party ever!" Pinkie jumped in the air with confetti. We laughed as we headed towards where the portal is, hopefully Twilight has got the portal open for me to cross through.

"Let's hope it won't take long"


Third Person POV:

Sunset and her friends were gathered around the school's stature, which is also the gateway to Equestria and her friends were giving the farewells and lucks like she was going off to war... If only she knew.

"Good luck, darling" Rarity said with a wave of her hand. "Teach the beast a thing or two and do bring back a souvenir"

Sunset chuckled as she waved back at her friends before she entered the portal, where her quest shall begin. She already knew that she'll enter Twilight's castle because surprising enough, Sunset and Twilight still keep in tough, even though it wasn't much, it was still nice to know how things were doing in both world.

Her body twisted and turned as she span around the colourful vortex of the portal. She saw her hands transformed into hooves and her clothes were replaced for her yellowy fur. She'll need to relearn how to walk on all four then just standing on her back legs.

But eventually, she exit the portal and has arrived on Equestria, home of ponies. She adjusted her eyes, for she goes partly blind when going through the portal. Once her eyes were adjusted, she began to look around the room. She was in Twilight's castle... But where is Twilight?

"Uh, hello?" Sunset called out. "Twilight.... Spike... Anyone here?"

Suddenly she heard what could of sound like a building being toppled down by force. Sunset jumped from the sound, what could possible be that?

She saw a window to the outside world and wonder if the cause of the sound could be seen from the window. Sunset slowly walked up to the window and looked outside, to witness a shocking scene.

What she saw was five Ogres pulling apart a building with diamond dogs, Manticores and Timberwolves. They were even laughing and having small talks as they did. She also saw huge, earth walls that covered the whole town under it's shadows. Sunset could only gasp in shock from what she had saw and was now have horrid thought as to what happened.

"Enjoying the view?" Came a voice from behind Sunset, said voice echoed through her ears as she could not only hear, but could feel such raw power from just it very voice. She quickly turned her body to face whatever said those words. What she saw was none other then Lord Dynol The Dammed, wearing his molten mask as he was leaning on the side of the portal with the book that Twilight and herself communicate with. "You really thought it was Twilight, Sunset?" The way Dynol said her name sounded like he had some kind of hatred to her. But she never seen him in her life.

"W...Who are you?" Sunset cautiously as to not provoked him.

Dynol stood up straight and walk a couple of feet away from the portal.

"I am Lord Dynol The Dammed, leader of the Horde of The Forest, champion of the elementals and... Newest mayor of Ponyville"


Dynol POV:

A unicorn? Coming though a mirror? Something to put on the calendar.

Said unicorn was looking at me with shock, fright and...confusion, like meeting someone that looks very familiar yet you don't know the name. She merely stared at me as I floated the book away, back on its shelf. Once the book was on the book was on the shelf did she muttered the word 'impossible'.

"What is?" I said with a cold tone, folding my arms and staring into her light emerald eyes.

"You are" She blindly, yet boldly answered. "How are you even in their forms AND wielding magic?"

"What do you mean 'their forms'?"

She hesitated for a moment. "Any human that cro-"

"How do you know my species' name?" I interrupted her with a surprised tone in my voice. "No creature nor plant knows that name apart from me and now... You" I took another step closer to her. "Who told you about my people, answer me!"

Her eyes narrowed as she analysed me. I clapped my hands to make answer my question.

"There's a whole world fill of-"

"I know where we live! I want to know how you know my race!"

"I ran into the portal a few years ago. Now I've got friends there and decided to stay there with them"

What? I turned my attention to the mirror. That's a portal to my world? I could go home... My real home? I then walked up towards it and stood in front of it.

"Are you, okay?" Sunset said as she slowly walked near me.

"How many knows about this portal to my world?" I asked as I put my left hand through the portal. As I placed my hand inside, I noticed that my hand was no long a hand. Instead, it was a... Hoof. I quickly pulled my hand out and looked at it. Back to normal, thank the elements. I turned my head to look at the unicorn. "Well?"

"Only me, the princesses and Twilight" She said.

"Twilight? That purple witch?" I growled. "She already knew what my race is!?" I then in a flash, picked up Sunset by her throat and held her up in the air. "You better have some good explaining from the words you'd said to me!"

As she was trying to break my grip around her neck. She look straight into my eyes and said the strange thing to me.

"Let me see your face"

Puzzled by her request, I obliged as my mask began to fold away like a jigsaw puzzle. I guess the reason I did it was from my confusion from her request. Once the mask was off my face, Sunset scanned it more in details. Then her eyes widened.

"You're not a human from my friends' world" She boldly said.

My blood boiled. She dare said that to my very face! My grip got tighter as fire sparked from the corners of my eyes. "And how pray tell, am I not a human?"

"Cause my friends has larger eyes, more colours like us ponies and most of all, humans can't control magic" Sunset confidently said, even with my grip closing her windpipe. "So whatever you are, you're not one of them!"

Hang on? 'Larger eyes, more colours like us ponies?' I looked into her larger eyes, true these ponies has larger eyes then mine and...

Larger eyes? More colours? As in the colour furs that are skin in her friends' world?.... A human version of ponies!? There's a world were everyone looks like a human, acts like a human, talk like a human.... But they are ponies at heart?

"You're living in a parallel universe where ponies takes the forms of my race!?" I yelled in anger and frustration. "You toy with their minds with you magic!? You make them slaves so when your princesses mess up their own world, they'll bring their people into that world and they'll welcome them with open arms because you brainwash them into your will!? Well no more! You wouldn't control them anymore!"

I threw Sunset to the nearest wall, making her back crash into the wall with a mighty thud. She quickly got up on her hooves as I casted two fireballs at her. She swiftly dodged them and casted a few bolt of magic at me in retaliation. Unfortunately, most of them missed me. But one managed to hit my face just when my mask covered my face. This cause me to hiss in pain for it was, surprisingly a powerful bolt. This gave her sometime to get some cover behind the columns of books.

Once I was done hissing and finding out Sunset was hiding somewhere. I casted one of my fiery waveswords in my left hand and covered my right hand in stone to deal more pain in my punches.

"Hiding wouldn't save you, little girl" I muttered to myself as I walked through the columns, searching for that blasted pony. As I walked through the columns, I clicked my rocky fingers to block any exits with powerful air for windows and large stones for the doors. "There's no way to run! Come out, and I promise you'll have a fair battle!"

Suddenly, from behind, Sunset jumped out and shot another magical bolt. But this time I was ready. I jumped up in the air as the bolt shot passed my legs and whacked my rocky fist into the ground as a line of sharp rocks came out of the ground and headed towards her. As the rocks reached her, a larger rock-like fist uppercut her which made her fly in the air once more. I always wanted to do the Earth Fist on a live target, now I love it. Once Sunset fell on the ground. I started to walk toward her. She got up again, but not for long. With a swing of my wavesword, I caused a wave of flame to strike at her with speed. But it would seems that she was quicker as she used her horn to retaliate the flames back to me. Clever girl. A disarms my fiery blade and grabbing it with my free hand.

"Not bad, not bad indeed" I said with a chuckle. I then twisted my hand. "But watch how a master of flame does it" I changed the flame into a fiery hand that lunged towards her, grabbing her in it burning fingers that caused her enough amount of burning pain. Once it evaporated, Sunset fell on the ground, breathing heavily. I scoffed as I continued to walked towards her. Even though she was badly injured, she tried to cast another spell. Not today. With my rocky hand, I quickly switched it with my rock crossbow and aim it at her.

"Night night" I chuckled as I shot a round shot a round stone at her head like I did with my previous victim and like that victim, it knocked her out cold. As I finally reached and kneeled down, I admit she was a bit of a good fighter. She lasted much longer then any other foe before her and even managed to get a hit on me as well. But like the others, she failed to defeat me. I got up and walked to the mirror portal.

"Guards!" I called out as I disable the barriers from the doors and windows to stop Sunset from running away. The doors opened to reveal one Ogre with a lot of tattoos and one bulky Diamond Dog. "Take her to Castle Rhyfel unspoiled and unharmed, I have more questions I want to asks her personally"

They both saluted and then drag the unicorn out of my castle. As they were doing that, I focused my attention at the mirror. My hopes of returning to my original home was shattered. But then I realised, if I leave, who'll lead the Horde? Who'll win the war? No, I couldn't leave. I have a war to fight and I wouldn't run away from it.

Soon instead, I placed a hand on the mirror, cursing some water to flow out of my hand and onto the mirror. The water quickly frozen up from the magic inside the portal.

"Now none can get in without my say so"


Third Person POV:

Night has fallen over the lands of Equestria as the Horde had just knocked down another building. Ponyville was almost empty, there's not a lot of buildings left from this once great town, now hiding under the giant walls of Earth as its new inhabitants devastated its beautiful homes.

The guards that took Sunset were halfway through the Everfree and was heading towards their destination: Castle Rhyfel. The bulky dog had the yellow unicorn over his steel shoulder plates while the tattooed Ogre was leading the way.

"So owl long dos it toke two get two castle waifu?" The dog asked his comrade.

Said comrade stopped dead in his tracks and looked at him with a face that read 'what?'.

"What in Tartarus' flame did you just say?" The Ogre said with his arms waving in the air.

"You're how, owl long dos it toke two get two castle waifu?"

"Okay first of all stop talking, your grammar is horrendous. Second of all, it's Castle 'Rhyfel', we're only halfway there and finally, what is a 'Waifu'!?"

"Me gramma is not bady" The dog protested. "In fat, I had got storys that over too hundred of me kins liked to read"

Th Orge shook his head and went back to to walking. "May their ancestors take pity on those poor souls"

The dog growled for a bit before they heard something rushed in the near bushes and trees which made their ears twitched to way the sound came from.

"How ear that?" The bulky dog said as he placed the unicorn down on the soft ground to draw out a crude bronze sword.

"Yea, I 'heard' it" His comrade replied as he too brought out his weapon, a double-edged two-handed axe and began, along with the diamond dog, circled around Sunset for their lord told them to keep her unharmed and unspoiled. As the Ogre turned his body around from a certain tree, he didn't noticed shadowy figure of a pony coming out of the tree's own shadow, along with four more ponies hiding behind some bushes. The shadowy pony revealed himself as the leader of the Lunatic; Arcana Shift.

The dog saw this however. "Orc hind your!" He cried out to the tattooed Ogre.

"WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!?" The Ogre bellowed before having his whole head blown off from Arcana Shift's magic. As the body of Ogre fell to the ground with a thud. His ally yelped from the blast as Arcana Shift jumped out from the tree and landed on his hooves. The dog growled and was about to charge at him... If his feet wasn't covered in ice from Snow Charm. The dog tried to yell for help, but the ice covered his whole body, leaving him frozen and unable to move. Then in a flash, Firestorm flew in and used her wing blades to cut the dog with two mighty swings of his blades, making the dog fell to the ground in three pieces.

"I love that idea Stormy, that was very quick thinking" Snow charm said as she turned to face where Storm Days was just coming out from some bush and gave him a wink.

"Yeah, sure" Storm Days answered as he tried his hardest to hide his soft blush from his team. Only his sister, Firestorm saw this and gave a little giggle.

"Everyone group up" Arcana called his team. Once everyone was gathered he continued. "Right, it would seems that the Horde has some ponies trapped in this Castle of theirs and they were taking this unicorn to it, which means we have to alter our plan"

Shamrock moaned. "Really? Do we have to-"

"Yes we do, we're not gonna leave a innocent in the hands of Dynol. Which is why we're changing the plan" Arcana turned to Storm. "Any ideas, mate?"

"By what the Ogre said, Castle 'Rhyfel' is halfway from here" Storm Days explained as he walked up and down for a bit. "And by the way they were heading, it must be up north from here"

"I thought the Horde's main area of operation was at Ponyville cause of those walls" Firestorm joined the conversation.

"I thought so too... That's it! Castle Rhyfel must be their capital, how did the Horde planned such a brutal inversion on Ponyville? Careful. Planning. They used the minotaurs' fear to lower morale, make the guards frighten from the Horde's brutality and then they suddenly attack, capturing Ponyville and make those walls as a sign of strength" Storm breathed through his nose. "What we're dealing with is not just some being that knows how to use fire and earth, we're dealing a creature that must of known war for centuries"

"Thanks for bright side of war" Firestorm sighed. "Now can you give us a alter plan for this poor mare?"

"Sorry, it's just Dynol's plan was brilliant, almost perfect, remind me to-"

"Storm Days"

"Again sorry, let me think" He rubbed his head with his right hoof and thought hard. "Alright how about this? Arcana, Shamrock, you two take the mare out of the forest and find a safe place for her until we've done our mission. Me and Firestorm will go north and look for this castle they've mention, see if any other ponies are trapped in it. And Snow, you go on ahead and watch what the Horde are doing in Ponyville, make sure no more Horde forces reach our locations. We'll meet each other here in half an hour and we'll rest here until dawn to get the Horde off guard"

Arcana nodded. "Sounds like a plan, lets move out!"

So the Lunatic began to do their parts. Arcana and Shamrock took Sunset away as Firestorm and Storm Days were heading north and Snow Charm headed towards Ponyville.

Lucky for them, they were not spotted by any ravens. Only the darkness of forest was with the ponies.

But even darkness has eyes and ears.