• Published 23rd Apr 2015
  • 15,195 Views, 469 Comments

The Appearance of The New - Castok the Shadow



After five sleepless years, I'm ready for revenge

  • ...
79
 469
 15,195

Great War Reports and Newspapers I

Equestria At War

At Ten Thirty AM. The once peaceful town of Ponyville -homed to the famous Mane Six and newly crowned Princess of Friendship; Princess Twilight Sparkle- was besieged and captured by a terrifying new enemy known as The Horde of The Forest.

It took the combined strength of four armies; the Royal and Crystal guards, Minotaurs and Griffins, to give enough time for the residents of Ponyville to escape from the grips of this new enemy. As we speak, The Horde's armies are destroying everything we knew in Ponyville and Celestia knows what they're planning to do next. But the one that's pulling the strings in the Horde is their master; Lord Dynol The Dammed.

His foul powers have created huge walls, blocking any army from entering Ponyville as well as any hope of reclaiming it. The latest news about this foe is unknown, though his where about it somewhere deep within the Everfree Forest. His allies are the forest itself, along with creatures known as Ogres and Diamond Dogs, any chance of peace are off the table.

But Equestria is not the only one that's facing a war. Her biggest ally; The Griffin Empire, is now at war with The Dragons Holds, who attacked the cities of Fang-Grin, Airga, Werto and Argon's Keep- Once former Holds to the dragons- by surprise and under the cover of the clouds. Rumours says that the dragons have made a pact with The Horde of The Forest, although no clear evidences have been found to prove this theory. For us, this means griffin reinforcements will be least common, as well as minotaur supports. Although High Chief Rock-Axes told us that he'll stay in Equestria to aid us for he said and I quote; 'There is a more dangerous foe than an army of Dragons'. Allies like Yakyakistan and Zebra Tribes have give their support and warriors to aid Equestria in this war, meaning we're not fighting alone.

Enlisting has begun in major cities in Equestria, however Canterlot is gaining more guards by the minutes, any able bodies must join the Equestrian Royal Army and fight together against this danger that's threatening our way of life and is planning of striking at any moment.

For a new alliance known as the ULE- United Liberators of Equus- are ready to take the fight to The Horde of The Forest. It will need everyones help in the war least they come to us.


Journal page 4 (Captain Shining Armour)

Enlisting has never been enforced like this before. Hundreds of ponies gathered at our barracks, most of them were from Ponyville. We had to write their names down and their professions to understand what they'll be good at in the army. I noticed that Applejack's brother, Big Mac had joined just a few moments before I could see the list of those who wished to fight against Dynol's Horde, his strength is needed more than ever. In the list I also saw Lyra Heartstrings, Roseluck, Nurse Redheart, Fancy Pants and many more familiar names. I'll have some of them be put in behind the lines, helping the guards than fight with them, although I can guess that they only joined to fight than to help.

The moment I heard about the Dragon Holds invading the Griffin Empire I knew that they wouldn't help us. The moment those two dragons flew away from the Battle of Ponyville, I knew they were preparing to weaken us even more. Now I hope that they wouldn't make an alliance with the Horde, we don't what dragon fire mixed with Dynol's flames.

I went to see Cadence after she was checked up by the doctors. Just serious burns around her body and some bruises thank goodness. However she said something about Dynol that made no sense. He's angered and hurt before declaring war against us? Something that happened five years ago? These words she was saying almost sounded like she has pity for Dynol and doubts about this war.

Whatever is going on, it must end. I want this war to end quickly and without losing too many lives, I may have fought in combats... But have never fought a war like this before.


Battle Report 207 (Horde of The Forest)

Lord Dynol, we have great news to report!

The 12th Arkron Army has won great battles so far. With Alpha Behemoth sending his scouts to give locations of weak pony towns and villages, your army raided the places and taken anything that'll help us in war as you requested. General Llofrudd has destroyed two forts with little trouble, these ponies and their defensives fell quickly and with ease.

Although on some bad things, we tried to attack a larger town in the northern lands of Equestria. Four legions, ruffly around two hundred Kinsmen and Diamond Dog allies have been slain by a combined force of Royal and Crystals maggots. Though we'd lost the battle, we took out as many as the four legions could. That town is nothing but of a shadow of what it once was.

The tunnels the dogs have are extremely useful, General Llofrudd has ordered his forces to use them as trading posts for the dragons and ourselves. Alpha Behemoth wanted me to tell you that he has got three more dog clans to join us after killing their alphas, they'll be used as scouts and to raid merchants that are close to your army.

Chieftain Varlock wanted to know about attack a heavy fortress in the east, where a city called Manehatten is. He explained that destroying that fortress will give us a opening for a invasion on said city. He awaits your response, my Lord.


Journal page 2 (Lord Dynol The Dammed)

These are not gifts the Elder Council has given to me... They are relics!

The Aspect Book is for people like me to summon Elementals created by my mentors!

After having a long conversation with my mentors, Fire wants me to learn to summon those Aspects for me to use in the war. My mentors explained to me that they were used before in a war long forgotten, around the time of The Old Empire of Gwaed Newydd. I asked what this empire was, but they explained that I'm not ready to know.

For now, I'm reading the book and found interesting Aspects. All of them can be created with my powers, although I'll need to practice before casting the spells require to summon them, but I just can't wait to found out how useful they'll be.

One of them is called an 'Carreg'. A stone giant, bulky and with two heads that looks like cyclops with an ruby eye and two reptilian horns. Their body are made of agate and grey rocks with spikes made of agate on their back, shoulders and legs. They also look like they have crave blades embedded in their wrists as well as holding a mace made of igneous. Said to be around ten feet taller, as large as Ursa Minor's leg. Quite amusing I have to agree.

Another was more simply yet great known as a 'Corwynt'. An Aspect made from the power of a hurricane. It had a long serpent-like body with two talons and two enormous dragon like wings. Its tail was long and slim and its head was that of a iguana with long sharp teeth and with two tongues. What made them interesting was that in the book it said that Corwynts were used as in packs to deal with any threats that fly in the sky and that they were one of the easier Aspects to be summoned.

One page held a great detail of an Aspect simply called 'Hellfires'. A demon like aspect made from molten lava and a fiery aura. Its had two devilish horns, mouth filled with razors teeth and strange symbols around its face. Its lower body had reptilian talons and tail whilst its upper body was wearing black onyx armour. It didn't have any hands, instead on its right was a huge, flaming barbaric cleaver and on its left had a double edged sword, coming out of its wrist and all the way out to its shoulder, making the sword look like it's inside the Aspect's skin and bones. It mention that the Hellfires are the most hardest to control because they have a raging battle lust when they are ordered to kill and wouldn't stop until all foes are slain by its weapons.

The final Aspect I read before one of my raven gave me a report on how the war is going was called a 'Trobwll'. This Aspect's form almost look like my species, a humanoid made of pure, crystal clear water. Its body is shape like that of a female but there's no facial features, just a watery humanoid creature. In the book it said that the Trobwlls were used as medics and healers, clearing and healing injuries from stab wounds to poisons. These ones would aid us greatly, making sure we're back in shape and ready for another battle in seconds. Perhaps I'll summon the Trobwlls first before the others, just to be safe.


Battle Report 096 (The Griffin Empire)

My Empress, I'm writing this report down with sadness and anger in your soldiers' hearts.

After the dragons taken control of Argon's Keep, our eastern territories are constantly being invaded. If it wasn't for our minotaur allies and your brilliant generals tactics, we would of lost twenty-three present of your land, your highness.

But alas, this is not even the bad news.

Most of the Zebra Tribes under the banner of the Glorious Empire of Griffin kind has formed an confederacy, trying to gain their independents from your kindness, savages the lot of them. Some loyal tribes has not joined this Zebrica Confederacy. Although, many chats among the secondary chiefs are beginning to think that joining the Confederacy will be a greater option than being under your empire's protection.

With the eastern and southern parts of your empire either being invaded by the dragons or civil and guerrilla attack from zebra rebels, we'll need more soldiers on the front lines as soon as possible, your highness.

If I be bold, your majesty. I think that garrison of Griffin soldiers keeping a watchful eye over the Changeling homeland should return, there has been no major threats from those bugs and we'll need all the help we can get if we're going to stop the dragon invasion and the zebra rebellion.

We'll await your royal response, your highness.

For Griffinstone! For honour and glory!


Journal Page 9 (Storm Days)

So many plans being created and without my sleep, most of them are just too bad to even read them. Me and the rest of Lunatics have working double the times we usually work because Snow Charm is in Hospital, trying to get better. What Dynol did to her.... It's not good.

Doctors says that she'll live but we a large scar across her face and neck, making her look a lot like a war hero than a agent for Selena. We're all take our time to see her, it gets lonely there without any to see her. Shamrock visit rarely because she's helping foals at the orphanage and any other alone on the streets. I guess she's making sure that they are getting the help they needed, she always had soft spot for kids and we joke around sometimes on how sort she gets over them. Arcana's working closely to Selena, getting any reports from the guards and allies to see if can find a weakness in the Horde's armour, because right now they're looking like they don't have one, but we'll find it mark my words. My sister, Firestorm is the one the mostly visit Snow, they are like sisters, they're always watching each other's backs.

I too visit Snow Charm- with a lot of nagging from my sister- as often as I can, being the one that makes the plans for the whole Lunatic you don't really get out that often. Every time I look at her with that scar, makes my blood boil and my heart break. She didn't deserve this, Dynol wouldn't get away from that crime, mark my words. I can't tell her about what I feel when seeing her like this. In the Lunatic, personal things comes last when you're on duty.... But this I just can't put behind me, no mere war will change that.

I'll have a chat with my sister, maybe she has a idea on what to do when Snow is out of the Hospital.


Battle Report 683 (Equestria)

Your Highnesses, we have important news.

Some of our scouts were flying above Ponyville, hidden in the clouds so none of the Horde's warriors would see us.

What we saw was a large army marching out of Ponyville, much larger than the strike forces attacking and raiding some villages, towns and forts. They're being lead by Lord Dynol The Dammed himself, along with his Council.

They are heading to Golden Highway, our main road for supplies coming from the Crystal Empire, Appleloosa, Trottingham and Fillydelphia. If the Horde of The Forest capture the Highway, our only supplies will have to come from Cloudsdale and from our own city. Captain Shining Armour and High Chief Rock-Axes request the ULE to send a army to defend Golden Highway, they want all races that are able to reach our location. They say that each of us can cripple Lord Dynol's forces, and if we win this fight not only will we have safe our trading routes, but we can then strike at Ponyville and hope we can tear down those walls to bring the Horde down once and for all.

We await your answer.

Author's Note:

Well, now we can see how the Great War has effected all of Equus, from Equestria to the Griffin Empire. I wanted to speed the war a bit, what battles we'd seen before will only be small compare to the future battles we'll see.

Also, that cookie thing, the one that got the speeches that was inspired in the last chapter was stephen51991

So here it is

Careful, it's hot.

So The Battle for The Golden Highway, stay around to find out who'll loss and who'll have control of the highway.