• Published 23rd Apr 2015
  • 15,182 Views, 469 Comments

The Appearance of The New - Castok the Shadow



After five sleepless years, I'm ready for revenge

  • ...
79
 469
 15,182

Planning, Bonding, Siding

Third person POV:

The headquarter for The Lunatic were in the eastern side of the castle, where also the bedchamber of princess Luna was. The Lunatic headquarter was similar to that of night guards's barracks, but it has more of the team's personality in each of their bedchambers. Like Storm Days has more study books and many uncompleted theories about almost everything. While Firestorm held more of her traditional wing blades on display, ready incase a surprise attack happens in the castle. Right now, Storm Days and Arcana Shift were discussing a plan to infiltrate occupied Ponyville without getting seen by Dynol's forces, they were at the round table where they have their meetings and ruff ideas on what to do. Snow Charm and Firestorm were having a launch break and were having a friendly chat on what was their hardest mission. Constantly going back and forth on a raid against Griffin bandits or trying to put honey in Luna's sweet tea without her knowing it. Soon enough, the door that enters their headquarter opened to reviled Shamrock Blossom coming back from scouting occupied Ponyville for any weakness. Unfortunately...

"Well, guys" Shamrock Blossom said with a frown on her face. All of her comrades looked at her. "I have searched high in the clouds for any weakness in those walls's defence and found out, it's completely impossible to get in without one of those blue things from seeing you" She reached toward the table and sat on one of the five chairs, resting her back legs on the table and placing her front legs behind her head. "And to make matters worse, now the diamond dogs has join them"

"What do you mean by 'join', Blossom?" Arcana Shift asked with serious tone in his voice.

"What do you think it means, Shifty?" Shamrock replied with an attitude. "The last thing I saw before coming back was hundreds, maybe thousands of them entering Ponyville with that Dynol freak welcoming them with opened arms" With the info that Shamrock said. Snow Charm and Firestorm headed to the table as well.

"well that means we found their weakness now" Snow Charm said with a smile. "Dogs can be easily 'useful' to give information, just give them a bone or a gem and they are your most loyal followers"

"Agreed" Storm Days quickly spoked after Snow Charm. "Dogs live in clans, but still have their chain of command like wolves. Pack leaders to the lowest mutt, they always fight for the chance to lead the pack or clan. Which has been part of their culture for almost around-"

"Yeah" Shamrock interrupted. "But these ones are lead by the big fella"

"Wait, you don't mean...?"

"Yep, I saw his mace from a far"

"Did you give this info to Selene?" Firestorm asked Shamrock.

"Yea, she told me to report it to you lot"

The Lunatic knew what they were up against. They knew these type of Diamond Dogs from a reconnaissance mission a few years ago. These dogs are not like the other clans, they are more bulky, stronger and more equipped for combats. They are also the most aggressive to ponies, attacking travellers, merchants and even small villages and towns. The Lunatic now realised with those dogs on Dynol's side, they can not only boast the numbers of warriors in the Horde. But can also give locations of weakness in local regions and use their tunnels to strike almost anywhere in the dogs's territories. To put it bluntly, Dynol can now send his forces anywhere he please with dogs digging new tunnels. They could strike here at anytime they wish.

"We need to think of a plan ASAP now" Arcana said as he walked back and forth, trying his best to come up with a plan. "So there is no weakness on walls, those Ogres would see us in seconds if we get too close. With those mutts on the Horde's side, regions around Ponyville are in danger and so we need to tell Selene about it. But how are we going to get into Ponyville to rescue Spike if all the main entrances is blocked? and well guarded?"

The Lunatic thought hard and thought long. Arcana was right, there's no way they could enter Ponyville without being spotted or having an army behind them. The thoughts, as well as the silence stopped when Storm Days spoked with a bit of hope in his toneless voice. "You're right, Arcana. There's no way of getting into Ponyville through the walls. But what about the forest itself? It seems that walls protects the town, but it doesn't cover the edges of the forest. We could enter the forest and sneak into Ponyville from the forest"

"Hmm, a good idea" Firestorm said with a smile as she walked up to Storm and placed a over his shoulders. "But there is one, tiny mistake you made there....HELLO!!! I may not be as good at making plans as you are, but I pretty sure that the Everfree is Dynol's dominion and maybe, just maybe all of the animals in the Everfree is his most loyal followers cause I read the reports from what remains of Aura-sworn and found out that the animals obeys Dynol's orders like we obey Selene's"

"Ah yes, but if Dynol cares for his 'subjects', anything that happens to his forest, as well as the animals that live within it, then we can create a little fire to distract his forces and go and put out the fire before in spread further into his 'dominion', which will give us enough time to enter Ponyville and quickly get Spike out of there"

"What about Dynol?" Snow Charm joined the conversation. "Selene did say that if we ran into him alone, we must blow that horn she gave us, so she and the other princesses can quickly deal with him"

"Then we'll do that" Shamrock groaned in boredom. "So, plan is to burn some places in the Everfree, make the Horde focus on trying to put out the fire, we go in and recuse the dragon, come out as heroes and if we run into ape man we just blow the horn and let the princesses deal with him?"

The Lunatic looked at each other and then looked at Arcana.

"Operation 'Burn and Run' is made"


Dynol POV:

"And that's when you came in and join the Horde, Behemoth" I said to my right hand... friend as I finally finished writing my letters down and giving them to WoodFang, his mouth held four letters in total, including the one I just gave him. After giving him those letters, he went off to give them to the ravens, so they can give them to the possible peoples that may join with my cause. Behemoth was sitting on one of the round, hologram map table's chair, the one with a rainbow storm on it. Llofrudd was also sitting on one of the chairs, namely the one with the three apples on it.

"Wait, so you fought the Ogres's leader and then they joined you?" Behemoth said as WoodFang headed to the door.

"It's a tradition of ours" Llofrudd informed the giant dog. "Plus my father made a deal with Dynol if he beats him in single combat"

"I respect those who hold their traditions close"

"What about the ponies's?"

"Screw the ponies's!"

"Can I get a hallelujah?" I chuckled. My council chuckled with me as well. "Anyway, Behemoth? I trust that your people are setting in well?"

"Aye, the Ogres are being very honourable to us as well as your forest friends. We even connected our tunnels to this town"

I turned my head towards him. "You have tunnels? And they are not connected to Castle Rhyfel?"

"I thought this place is your capital?"

"Our capital is Rhyfel, in the middle of the forest"

"May I ask why?"

"If Equestria managed to retake Ponyville, we don't want our main forces trapped here and besides, the forest is my domain, nothing gets done without my saying. Ponyville is more of an foothold in this war. Rhyfel is being rebuilt as we speak, that's why all the buildings here are being destroyed and their pieces are sent to the castle. We don't want our capital and our place for planning just a ruin, it needs to be restore to it former glory and more"

Behemoth nodded in agreement. "I'll tell some of my boys to make some more tunnels to your capital then"

"Tell me more about these tunnels?" I asked as I looked down at map.

"Our tunnels helps us travel quickly and easy without the ponies knowing it. We can strike anywhere we please, once we have the locations of what we're hunting"

"You've attacked them before?" Llofrudd joined in the conversation.

"Yea, we attacked local places around here and Whitetail Woods. It's easy to take things when ambush them, our pups learns to fight by going on these raids"

"So your people are good at Guerrilla warfare?"

"Pretty much, but we're also good at normal combat. When we're facing the local guards, we're not afraid to punch them in mouth"

"How many tunnels do you have and how far do they spread?" I asked.

"Our tunnels spreads all over Whitetail Woods and areas around here, we're now making tunnels to strike the Crystal Empire and we are staying away from the big tunnels"

This got my interest as I once again looked at him. "Big tunnels? Why are you staying away from them?"

"We don't usually dig tunnels larger then ourselves and not making them fancy. But these tunnels, they are big, it has roads, columns and strange beings on them. Only my bravest and strongest dogs goes into those dark places, some of them don't want to return"

"Strange beings? Columns and roads?" I spoke while thinking about what Behemoth meant. "Don't you think that maybe your ancestors built them?"

"I doubt that, the way they're crafted and shaped. I think someone else did that and by the looks of those tunnels, they were here long before my kind or any kind learnt how to use tools"

This is interesting. Ancient tunnels of unknown origins. Maybe they are....?

I shook my head and change topic. "How far is the tunnel you're building to the Crystal Empire?"

"A quarter done" Behemoth informed me. "The earth is tough and wouldn't give up with out a fight, but you control the earth, maybe you could weaken it?"

"I'll need to talk to my mentor about that, but I'll see what I can do" I walked away from the table. "Thanks for the information, everyone. You're all dismissed"

Llofrudd and Behemoth nodded and started to walk to their duties. As of I, I was heading towards the library, I had only a few minutes before Behemoth's forces came and I didn't read a quarter of one book before his arrival. To get to the library, I have to pass of 'host's room'. As I passed, I could still hear him cry in defy and keep on saying I won't get away for this, I admired his spirit, but spirits will not win this war, only blades and fire can win wars, and we have plenty of those in our ranks.

Soon enough. I reached the doors that leads to library and opened them wide with just a flick of my right hand. As I entered the library, I forgotten how large it was. There were several columns of books the size of Hydra's head and one book was vibrating and glowing and-wait what?

With my left hand. I used the air to lift the glowing book towards me. As it was flowing down the fifth row of books, I made the air open to latest part in the book as the pages moved with speed. Finally, it reached close enough for me to read it. Strange, it's a report about how this 'CHS' is doing?

And who is this Sunset?


In The Dragon Holds:

"The reports are true, Ponyville is captured" The dragon scout said as he bowed before the three Elder dragons.

"Well" The far right elder dragon spoked with growly voice. "Seems the ponies are weaker then we thought"

"Don't be silly, E'drak" The far left elder dragon replied. "The reports say that there was four armies of pony, griffin and minotaur stationed there, this Dynol The Dammed must be very bold or very foolish to go up against Equestria and her allies"

"And we're sitting on side line!" E'drak shouted in anger. His claws needed something to kill. "We are dragons, Era'do! Rulers of the skies and mountains and you wouldn't join this beautiful carnage of blood and steel?!"

Era'do's eyes narrowed. "And you think I-"

"Never!" The middle elder dragon yelled as she spread her ancient wings out to stop the two elders from getting into a argument and in doing so, into a fight. The two back down as she risen from her throne of sliver and gold. "High-lord E'drak" She spoked softer and gentle. "Do you want our people to be hated throughout this world and beyond?"

E'drak's head lowered. "No, madam"

"And Inquisitor Era'do? Your father was a good drake, do you think he wanted to see his daughter grow up without ever flying over a battlefield, to understand what it means to be called a dragon?"

Era'do lowered her head as well. "No, he would not, Lady Night-gaze"

"Which is why you are both right" Night-gaze started to walked down the large, onyx stairs with her wings folded to her side. "We shouldn't just go blindly into battle, but cannot simply sit out of it either. So what I think we should do is..." She would of continued if it wasn't for a raven standing next to the dragon scout with scroll in its beak. Lady Night-gaze lifted one of her scaly eyebrow. "Have a raven in my court?"

The raven in question flew up to Night-gaze's right claw. The raven wasn't even bigger then one of her scales let alone her claws. It then placed the scroll down and opened it to revile some kind of symbol on it. Before anyone could act, the raven pecked the symbol and then flew away from it. The symbol began to glow and the air around the dragons began to swift into a wild tornado. As the raw power of the air twisted and turned, the tornado grew and grew till it was at the same height as Night-gaze. High-lord E'drak was about to help Night-gaze when the tornado suddenly took shape and moulded into a biped creature of the air, it took the form of The Leader of the Horde of the Forest; Dynol the Dammed.

The elder dragons was in awe by this chaotic transformation of the very air around them to create this image of the one that's waging war upon the ponies. The air figure of Dynol looked straight into Night-gaze's golden eyes.

"Greetings" The figure spoke with a strong and echoey voice that was loud enough for all to hear. "I am Lord Dynol the Dammed, leader of the Horde of the Forest and if you're willing, ally to your people. I call upon you with respect and honour as would any leader should, and because we have something in common... We both hate the ponies of Equestria. I maybe strong and have great powers, but I lack in allies and support from other lands" The figure twisted again into a map of Equestria "As you may know, the once mighty town of Ponyville is under Horde control with in the merely hours of today. If this town, where the ones that have 'saved' this world from evil and tyranny can be captured by mere assault, what will they do with an alliance of ours against their already weaken state?" The figure returned to its form of its creator as the elder dragons thought to themselves. "If you wish to join me in this glorious crusade against Equestria, come to my new town at dusk tomorrow. If not, don't expect me to reply again, this is your only chance to join my war and in turn, your retribution of fire and rage"

The air figure of Dynol slowly shrink back into the scroll and rapped itself up. Once it done that, the raven picked it up and flew out of the dragon's court with elder dragons surprised at the sudden request of the raven's master. Night-gaze thought for a monument and then turned her head to her fellow elder dragons. The High-lord, as well as the Inquisitor, nodded their heads. Night-gaze grinned and called the dragon scout, who bow down in respect.

"Tell the ambassador that she'll be visiting Ponyville with us tomorrow dusk" Night-gaze said with a toothy smile. The dragon scout nodded and started to head towards where the ambassador should be. But before he could exit the court, Night-gaze once again called the scout.

"Also, gather the Aspect Book and the Orb. It might as well be put into useful hands"

Author's Note:

Well, things are really getting down....

What could happen next?

By the way, I'm gonna have a bit of a break with this story for a short while. As this is my most popular story, I want to work on my other stories. But I don't know which one.

So I'll put the stories I want to work on and I want you all to tell me which one. Please comment on this chapter which story you want me to work on and I'll do it.

Don't you worry, I'll still do this story. I just want to do more on my others.

Thanks for understanding and your choices are:

The Nightmare Legions

Rock The Vanguard

Family of Another Origin

History of the Sapien Empire and The Great War

Or A machine that feels