• Published 14th Apr 2015
  • 24,428 Views, 663 Comments

Satellite Lovers - whatmustido



You marry the love of your life. It just happens to come with more baggage than you'd like.

  • ...
69
 663
 24,428

Chapter 5

Getting out of the palace without guards took some doing, but you managed it. Or at least, you managed getting away without any overt guards; you were fairly certain some were following you, but they weren’t right on your ass.

Your first stop of the day was the zoo. Celestia had her own menagerie of exotic critters at the palace, but she didn’t have the bigger things like elephants or rhinos.

Of course, you have no idea why those things aren’t sapient if pretty much all other quadrupeds are, but whatever.

“I can’t remember the last time I actually took time to go to a zoo,” she said. “I like playing with the animals at the palace, but seeing the big ones here is fun.”

Honestly, you didn’t have much time to do research about what the zoo offered, but your wife probably wouldn’t have given you the time to lead her around anyway. She immediately started walking, as though she knew where she was going. Since it was her day, you just followed along next to her.

Of course, she led you right to the creepy crawly cages. “Can you believe there are some ponies that are afraid of spiders?” she asked, putting her face right in front of a cage with a giant one. And by giant, you actually mean giant. The thing was about the size of a dog. It lunged at her through the cage. You flinched back, but she didn’t move. “I wonder why.”

If you had to guess, it would be because they were smart. “No telling.” You weren’t a fan, but as long as the spiders were in a cage and you weren’t, it was alright.

“I wonder if we can play with them!”

Your eyes widened and you started to tell her no when an employee appeared out of nowhere. “Of course! You just have to be careful. And you can’t play with Snuggly, here. She’s a mite bit too big to get back in her cage easily.” Celestia practically squeed as the fellow led you both into a building. “It isn’t often we get royalty visiting, Prince Consort.”

“Well, my wives are busy and my friend hasn’t had a day off in a while, so I figured we’d do something. I haven’t been out of the palace much since I tied the knot anyway.”

“That’s certainly understandable, sir.” The building you entered was full of all kinds of bugs and arachnids. You had no idea how many of them were dangerous and how many were just creepy, but you didn’t really want your hands near any of them. Of course, you three were the only sapient ones there.“Is there any in particular you’d like to see up close, miss?”

“Do you have any pillytads?” she asked.

“Interesting taste,” he said, raising his eyebrows. “We do have a few.” He walked over to a dark corner and poked at a cage. “You’ll have to be gentle, though.”

“I will,” she said with a nod. He shrugged and pulled out a key to unlock the little cage thing. When it was open, he slowly moved a hoof in and then carefully extracted it. On the end of it was…

“Holy shit, what the fuck is that?” you asked. The thing’s body was segmented into two and its eight eyes were split on both halves. Its legs were abnormally short, given its body size. The worst part is that each segment had its own head. One had fangs and the other just had a disturbingly long point.

“It’s a pillytad,” Celestia said, letting the eight legged abomination move onto her leg. “They’re originally from north of the Crystal Empire, created by a mad necromancer. I’m not really sure what he was trying to do, but he succeeded in making a very scary looking spider that doesn’t hurt anything, even in self defense. It subsists solely off magic.”

“I’m impressed,” the zookeeper said. “I didn’t even know all that!”

“You learn a lot when you work in the palace,” you hastily said, trying to help her cover not get blown.

“Would you like to hold it, Anon?” Celestia sweetly asks, holding the placid thing up for you.

“...No thanks. You have hooves. I have soft hands. Even if it doesn’t have a habit of hurting things, I might get jabbed by that point on accident. And for all we know, it might actually attack me, since I’m also kinda a being of magic.”

“True points,” she said with a shrug, then held it back up for the zookeeper. When he had it safely locked away, she asked, “Do you have a descendent of Arachne and Anansi?”

“You’re a mare after my own heart,” the guy said with the biggest smile yet. “Not many ponies know that old story these days! We have a nonsapient one in here and the body of an Old One in the museum.”

“Can I hold the young one?”

“I gotta warn you: They’re very dangerous and very poisonous. If it bites you, it’ll hurt until I can get the antivenom here.”

“I’m not worried,” Celestia said with a winning smile.

You really should have just dragged her out to the petting area…

After Celestia got bored of the zoo, it was well past time for lunch. You got some junk food at the zoo itself, but nothing overly filling. Since Celestia was in disguise, you figured you could take her to a greasy diner where they served great food that she couldn’t be seen eating as a princess.

They also happened to serve fucking amazing pie.

“You like spiders a lot more than I thought you would,” you commented as you waited on your food.

“How much did you think I’d like them?” she asked.

“Not at all. Most women… and men, actually, didn’t like them where I come from.”

“There is little I fear,” she said with a shrug. “Especially not harmless creatures.”

“That poisonous one didn’t seem all that harmless.”

“He knows I would have words for his mother if he bit me. That’s more than enough to make any son of Arachne quiver in his carapace.”

“Lucky for you guys that your spiders have at least some intelligence. And not a lot of poison. That guy said it would hurt if it bit you. If one of our spiders bit you, your flesh might melt off down to the bone. Or you might get one without much poison, but enough strength to tear a bird in half and all the willingness to do it. Or you might find the bullet ants, named because their bites feel like a bullet… or an arrow, I guess. Or if you’re really lucky, you can meet the finger sized wasps that could probably kill a guy.”

“...So there might be some fear to be had from your creatures. But do you have anything like the manticore? Or wolpertinger? Or, the sun save you, a dingonek?”

“Your manticore is a lion, scorpion, and bat mixed into one. We have all of those, giant-sized. Regular lions, which are larger and more vicious than manticores. Desert scorpions that get to nearly fifteen centimeters. And flying foxes, which are bats that can get to be the size of pet dogs. Wolpertinger… Are those even carnivorous?”

“No, but they’re extremely territorial. If you get close, they’ll go right for your neck with their fangs.”

“...Well, we don’t have anything like that. But that doesn’t mean our regular rabbits won’t mess you up if you annoy them. They’re all too happy to bite you down to the bone. And once upon a time, we had stuff like dingoneks. They died out. Which means something more vicious took their place.”

She smiled. “You go out of your way to make it sound dangerous.”

“Every creature here is smart, or has at least some basic intelligence. They aren’t all sapient, but they can understand sapient creatures. The magic here runs deeply. In comparison, my world is straight up feral. If Fluttershy tried befriending a bear there, she’d get brained and eaten. If you tried handling one of those spiders I talked about, there’s a pretty good chance they’d bite and you’d lose a limb. Compared to this place, my world is dangerous.”

“True, in some ways. Though I can’t help but wonder why you were so… civilized when you got here. You don’t talk about your world much, but when you do, it all sounds bad. How is it that you have the same or better education as a pony, if all you have to say is bad?”

“Human minds are different. They remember the bad more easily than the good. But I haven’t had too many people ask, so I haven’t told anyone much. But there’s just as much good as there is bad, if not more. It’s just not something I like talking about, and most people know that, so they don’t ask.”

“Understandable. I won’t push. I’m hardly open about some of my past, after all.”

“Even though you have such interesting stories to tell.”

She laughed. “Believe me, most of it was boring. And the parts that were interesting were not any kind of fun at the time. But my sister and I did find a few ways to liven up the centuries. We used to have a long running prank war before things… deteriorated.”

“Well, she obviously thinks it’s still going. That voice potion was her idea.”

She lifted an eyebrow. “Oh ho? She’s using my beloved husband against me. Perhaps the war wasn’t as forgotten as I thought. I will have to think of a way to strike back.”

You could only shake your head and smile.

The next thing you had in mind was swimming in the lake outside of Canterlot. You asked around in the palace and found out that it was clean and legal to swim in, though not too many of the Canterlot elite bothered with it.

However, before the two of you could get there, you were intercepted by one of your old pals.

“Hello, dearest Anonymous,” Fleur happily said, a small glint of madness in her eyes as she inched slightly closer.

And by old pal, you meant an ex.

“Hello, Fleur,” you warily replied. “We’re in a hurry, or we would stop to—”

“You didn’t tell me you were expanding your herd,” Fleur said, staring at Celestia with a large smile. “You know, I’d be happy to accept the honor, of course.”

“...Goldilocks, this is Fleur. An ex-girlfriend. Fleur, this is a coworker.”

Celestia didn’t look overly pleased. “A pleasure,” she coldly replied. “I believe we had plans, Anon?”

“We do. It was interesting seeing you—”

“Do your wives know?” Fleur asked, still staring at Celestia.

“That I’m with a friend?” you asked. “They wouldn’t care that much, I don’t think.”

“A friend,” Fleur slowly said, turning her head back to you, still smiling that crazy little smile.

“Perhaps you’ve heard of them,” Celestia shot back. “In a book, maybe. I would suggest them, but you might find yourself hard-pressed to come up with one.”

“I think it’s time for us to go,” you interjected, having somewhat of a bad feeling about where this was going.

Fleur’s teeth were starting to grind, but she was still holding her smile. “I have all kinds of friends, little miss Goldilocks. Maybe you’d like to be better acquainted with them?”

“Sycophants and mares in waiting don’t count as friends, Fleur. Neither do the numerous stallions you take to bed, trying to fill the gap your old lover left behind. I wonder… Are you trying to scratch an itch, perhaps? Maybe feel pretty again, after the best man to ever fall into your life left you for a better mare?” Fleur’s mouth dropped and your eyebrows lifted. “There are Diamond Dogs in town. I suggest taking some of those to bed. After all the use you’ve gotten, you might feel full with their knots in you.”

After several seconds, Fleur finally whispered, “Gol. Dee. Locks. I will remember that name.” She turned back to you. “I look forward to seeing you again soon, my precious little monkey…” She quickly made herself scarce.

When she was out of sight, you slowly turned down to your wife, who was wearing a smug smile. “What. The fuck. Was that?” you hissed.

“Just a mare marking her territory, dear,” she replied. “So is she why you don’t like being called monkey?”

“Celestia, she is going to have Goldilocks murdered!”

“Oh, p-shaw! Fleur is harmless. She’s been playing little filly games in my court for a decade now. She doesn’t even know any of the hitponies in Canterlot. And thanks to her connection to you, they’ll give her a wide berth anyway. Besides, Goldie already has a guard trailing her now, since she’s working with you. The worst Fleur will do is spread silly little rumors, which will do nothing since I control who works in the palace and where.”

“It still doesn’t seem… wise to provoke her.”

“Oh, it most certainly isn’t. But I’ve wanted to give her a thrashing for a while and this is the first chance I’ve gotten to openly do it. Now, that was a fun little distraction, but perhaps we should carry on. Maybe we’ll run into your other ex!”

“You don’t have to sound so excited. And besides, she isn’t crazy. We just had a small disagreement and decided to break it off.”

“By which you mean you found out she was a stallion.”

“...I disagreed with her keeping that a secret from me. I didn’t like the scene she was in anyway.”

“Understandable. Now, I believe we were going somewhere?”

“Yeah.” The two of you started walking again. “So I gotta ask, how much homework did you do on me?”

“All of it, of course. Mind, I’ve been keeping tabs on you since you arrived in Equestria, but before I invited you to the Gala, I made sure to know everything I could about you. I knew you happened to have a thing for tall mares, at least.”

“Purely coincidental. But having someone at crotch height all the time is kinda weird. Especially since ponies like to stand uncomfortably close when talking to each other.”

“Oh? You seem to enjoy it when my mouth is down there…”

“At… certain times, yes. But when you’re trying to hold a conversation, it can get distracting.”

“Is that why you like Miss Goldilocks?”

You stumbled slightly. “I don’t like her, not like… that.”

“Why Anon, I never said you did!” she said in mock surprise. “Why are you so… defensive?”

“I didn’t… Ugh. Mares here are just the same as women back home. I like that someone I work with isn’t right up on my crotch all the time. Especially given how sweaty I get. I’d hate to accidentally smack her in the face with my junk funk.”

She cracked up.

When you got to the lake, its only occupants were a few foals. You weren’t about to be arrested for indecency or exposing yourself to minors, so you left your pants on when the two of you slipped in.

“This is actually a brand new experience,” Celestia said after a few minutes. “I just thought about that.”

“You’ve never been in this lake?” you asked, floating back in the water.

“No, I have. This is actually part of the reason I chose this spot for the capital. I’ve just never swam without wings before. It’s completely different!”

“Well, you are missing two limbs. I bet they’d be decent to paddle with. You guys aren’t really made for water.”

“That we are not. But the same is true of you, isn’t it? No gills or flippers, and your hands and feet can only do so much.”

“It is. Most apes avoid water. Humans just have a habit of taming everything we like.”

“Is that so? Do you think you have me tamed, Mister Anonymous?”

“I don’t think I could tame you if I had all the time in the world, honeybuns. But that won’t stop me from trying.”

“As long as you keep paddling me just right, I’ll keep misbehaving. If you really want somepony to tame, maybe you should try Luna. I bet she’d love a nice, strong stallion in her life.”

“She has several guards that fit the bill. Luna is quickly growing into a friend, but that’s all she’s growing into.”

“A friend you’re turning to more and more. You didn’t know I liked swimming. You could assume I like animals and junk food, but you had to have asked her some of my hobbies.”

“She also made the potion, as you already know. She said you liked to sneak out and pretend to be a commoner.”

“So I did. And do, though I haven’t done it in a while. I think I would’ve preferred if you were a commoner with me…”

“She was going to, but I wouldn’t be able to take the change in stride like that. Ponies are shaped all kinds of differently and adapting to it might take a while. I didn’t want to ruin the date. Besides, I love you for you. You just love me for my body. If I didn’t have it, you might just drop me for the first sexy stallion you saw.”

“Mmm, maybe. I would definitely like a piece of your hot body right now…”

“Unfortunately, we can’t. Not in public. I promised Goldie I wouldn’t get her in trouble, and getting us arrested for having sex in front of minors would kinda go against that.”

“Oh, you ruin all the fun,” she sighed, then nuzzled me. “But I’ll collect later, don’t you worry…”

Not if you had anything to say about it. You were happy to do all kinds of naughty things to her in her own body, but using someone else’s form for it would be weird. You love your wife, but you also respect your coworker.

But that was a conversation you could have later. Now, she was too busy dunking you to talk much. As soon as you pulled yourself out of the water, she began swimming away.

You swam faster.

By the time the two of you were getting back to the palace, the sun was starting to go down. The two of you had stopped to eat again at another unfancy place before you got back. She tried to get you to take her to a bar, but you refused since you knew Celestia couldn’t handle her alcohol at all.

“Do you think Luna wants to see me like this?” she asked as you were walking through the halls.

“She did say you’d be perfect as a blond.”

“...She isn’t allowed to see me like this.”

“She also probably thought it would be pretty funny.”

“She definitely isn’t allowed to see me like this.”

“And oh man, she could do all kinds of magic on you and you couldn’t fight back!”

“Let’s get back to my rooms. Quickly. She probably still remembers the last time I tickled her into submission.”

“If you’re in your room, wouldn’t she know right where to look?”

“Of course. But do you think she would be willing to risk walking in on us together?”

“I dunno, maybe? Though she probably knows you’d try to drag her into the bed with us.”

“Oooh, maybe we should invite her…”

“Honey, if you really want to have sex with your sister, I won’t stop you. I’d definitely watch, too. But I don’t think she’d want me there.”

“You might be surprised, dear. I imagine it’s been quite a while since she last shared a bed. I wouldn’t be shocked if she say yes if you approached her alone.”

“That isn’t a risk I’m going to take. She might say yes or she might kick me in the shin again.”

“I seem to remember her apologizing for that.”

“The half-hearted sorry she said to appease you didn’t count. The one she did a few days ago does, though. But now she knows that I don’t have a sheath, so she might aim between the legs instead of for the legs.”

“My oh my, how did that… come up? Or was I wrong about how long it has been since my sister was last laid?”

“She asked why I wear clothes.”

“So I can unwrap you, of course.”

“...You know, if any servant hears us talking about this, they might talk about it.”

“What are they going to do? Come crying to me about my husband having an affair… with me? Or tell Luna that the husband she doesn’t care about is cheating on her with… me?”

“Or blab about it where they shouldn’t and it gets to a reporter.”

“Anon, honey, you’re going to learn a lot about being a royal in a week or two. Since we got married, there have been at least seven news stories about me cheating on you with various diplomats, Twilight, Cadance, and a guard or two. You only had three stories about you, two with Goldie and one with a maid. It happens. But nopony believes them. They’re just there for mindless entertainment. Even going out today is going to strike up more stories. Stopping to talk to Fleur is going to turn into us having a threesome on the streets. It happens. But I love you and I trust you, so I don’t care what the papers say.”

“...Only three?”

“I know, I thought it would be more, too. You must not talk to many mares. Or stallions, for that matter.”

“Yeah, I guess not.” You finally got to Celestia’s spacious rooms. The doors were unlocked and unguarded, as ordered. Though you were pretty sure Celestia had some magic guarding her pad, if nothing else. You were hoping you’d never find out firsthand. “I gotta say, today was tiring.”

“Not too tiring, I hope,” she replied with a dirty smile.

“And that water might have been clean, but I still feel like I need a shower.”

“It’s big enough for two,” she said, running a hoof down one of your legs.

“...Remember what happened the last time we showered together?”

“I had a delightful time, if I recall,” she said with a smile.

“And I froze my ass off while you hogged the spout. Never again. I’ll be quick, I promise.”

She sighed and shook her head. “You always suck the fun out of everything… But at least I can suck the fun into something.”

“I can’t believe you’re so perverted.”

“I’ve had a lot of downtime between lovers. Take your shower quickly, dear.” You smiled and did so. When you got out, she was on the bed. “I think it’s time for the perfect end to a wonderful date…”

“And you don’t need a shower? Come on.”

“I don’t feel nasty. Come on, Anon. Make me beg!”

You sighed and seemed to sag a little. “I didn’t really want it to come to this, but… Honestly, it doesn’t feel right, using Goldie’s body like this. The date, sure. But using it for sex just feels wrong.”

“...Anon, one way or another, I’m going to get off. I can either doing it lying next to you and moaning your name, or I can do it with your help. I’d prefer to do it with your help. You can just close your eyes and pretend.”

You honestly felt really conflicted about that.

She saw the look of uncertainty on her face and opened her legs slightly. “Come on, Anon. She doesn’t have to know…”

You are not a strong man.