• Published 14th Apr 2015
  • 24,420 Views, 663 Comments

Satellite Lovers - whatmustido



You marry the love of your life. It just happens to come with more baggage than you'd like.

  • ...
69
 663
 24,420

Chapter 4

You decided it would be wise to wait until the next day to approach your wife with the idea. After all, Celestia might be more willing to use a potion when she wasn’t currently suffering through the ill effects of one. She still wasn’t too happy about that, but she understood why you did it.

Even if she’ll never forgive you for recording her talking dirty with that voice.

“I’ve had a few ideas for our date,” you said, midway through lunch.

She stopped you with a lifted hoof. “I want you to surprise me.”

“Well… This would definitely be surprising. Which is why I wanted to ask about it, first.”

She shook her head. “Surprise me, Anon. I want to see what you’re going to do. As long as it won’t hurt me, or upset my subjects, I won’t be mad.”

“...Promise me. I want to hear it.”

“Well, now I’m really curious. I promise that I won’t get mad about anything you do to surprise me, as long as it doesn’t harm me or upset my subjects.”

“Alright, cool. I’ll get the reigns and riding crop ready.”

No.

“Just joking.”

She smirked. “So was I. Make sure to get the saddle, too. I think I might like being ridden by my favorite human…”

“I will keep that in mind, but it’s certainly not what I had planned. I think you’ll be happy with the side effects, at the very least.”

“I certainly can’t wait to find out what you’re planning. I do so love pleasant surprises!”

“Then I hope I don’t disappoint.”

“As long as I’m with you, I’ll be happy. Now, unfortunately I need to leave. A delegation of miners from the Diamond Dog corporation are coming by and I need to make sure my subjects remember not to give them chocolate… Unless they annoy me.”

“Uh. Don’t countries usually get mad when you assassinate their people?”

“Not the dogs. They’re structured like a giant cutthroat company, where assassinations are occasionally part of daily life. But I wasn’t planning on killing them, just making them sick so they would stop bothering me. In my experience, the dogs will eat anything you put in front of them without even checking what it is.”

“Celestia, I love you, but sometimes you make me worry.”

“I love you too, my cute little monkey…”

“Alright, I’m gonna have to ask you not to call me that again. Getting called ape all the time is bad enough, but monkey is just weird.”

“Noted. But you can only call me horse when you’re riding me, and if you do, I’ll start whinnying when we have sex.”

“I’ll try to remember that.” It would be fucking hilarious. “I’ll see you later, Sunbutt.”

She grinned. “Now that is a name I haven’t heard in a long time. Farewell for now, my love.” She stole a kiss before walking on out the door.

When you got to the workshop, Goldilocks was just getting the fire lit. “You’re actually on time today,” she said in mock surprise.

“It’s a thing that happens sometimes. What are we making today?”

“Shoes for the guards, first. I’ll take the lead for that one, since it’ll require more finesse.”

“Alright. Do we need to fit them, or is it all standard?”

“Standard, with a few outliers. If we can get a good rhythm going, I’ll let you take over the standard ones and I’ll do the officers’ shoes.”

“Works for me.” You stepped on up to the bellows and started working the flames while she began getting the tools she would need together. Soon enough, the clangs and bangs of a normal forge took over the silence.

After you two finished the horseshoes, you retired to the small break area. A new chair materialized overnight, one that wasn’t too tiny for your giant frame. She also happened to obtain a couch that reasonably fit her.

“Nice new digs,” you commented when you sat.

“Perks of working with the prince consort,” she replied with a smile. “I mentioned how uncomfortable you looked when you sat in the old chair and they moved one in for you and a couch for me, just in case. They’re still not really comfortable, but they’re better than they were.”

“...I keep forgetting that I can pull rank on people.”

“That’s a good thing, as far as I’m concerned,” she said before sipping at water. “It means you won’t forget how to handle problems like a normal pony.”

“Of course. I wouldn’t want to abuse it anyway. Now, you mind if I ask you an awkward question?”

“Only if I can ask you one.”

“Sure. I want to surprise Celestia on our date and Luna offered to make a potion for me that’ll transform Celestia into a normal pony for a day. But she needs fur from a normal pony to complete the potion. Celestia will take on the form of whoever donated the fur. I was wondering if you’d mind if she borrowed your body for a day. We wouldn’t do anything publicly romantic with it, so you wouldn’t have to worry about getting lambasted in the papers or anything.”

She shrugged. “That’s a weird request, but I’m fine with it. When do you need it?”

“Before I leave tonight. I doubt Luna will need too much.”

“I won’t miss a little. Now, it’s my turn. Do the princesses have any fetishes?”

“Yes. What are we working on next?”

“Oh come on, you know what I meant! What are they?”

“I’ll answer for Celestia, but Luna would kill me.”

“Ugh, fine. What does Celestia like?”

“Being dominated. And she’s definitely into anal.”

“Oh. That’s it?”

“That’s it so far, at least. She can be a little shy about it, so she might tell me more later. Or I might find some other stuff later. Why do you even want to know?”

She shrugged. “Everypony’s curious about them. They’re these great, ancient, powerful goddesses, and yet they can still fall in love, just like normal ponies. I guess I just thought that if they could fall in love, they could be normal in other ways, too.”

“They are. You should just hear Celestia snore. It gets as loud as thunder sometimes.”

She giggled. “I can’t imagine the princess snoring…”

“And they do plenty of other things, too. Aside from being a little older than your average pony, they’re perfectly normal.”

“Uh huh. And what about you, Mister Prince Consort? What kind of normal pony falls in love with goddesses and actually marries them both?”

“I’m not a pony. Never pretended otherwise. All humans have their own brand of crazy. Mine just happened to be the kind that falls in love with the impossible.”

“Well, there are certainly a lot of stallions that claim you lucked out.”

“The only lucky thing about it is that I didn’t have any competition. If someone else had gotten to them first, I doubt I would have been nearly as successful.”

“Maybe. But with those hands, I bet you could steal any mare away.”

“There’s a thought. I could take all the mares in Equestria for myself... “ She rolled her eyes. “But I already have the ones I want, and they’re more than enough for me.”

“And I’m sure they’re quite happy about that. Now then, we’ve been on break for far too long. We need to get started on the next one.”

“Alright. What are we making?”

“We’re getting started on your first real test. We need to make a chain.”

“What, like chainmail armor? Or a chain like on a necklace?”

“Chainmail armor? I’ve never heard of that.”

“Oh. You just make a lot of interlocking chains in the form of a shirt, which makes what’s called chainmail armor. From what I remember from the history channel, it’s less protective than full plate, but a lot lighter. Good for stopping piercing weapons, but won’t stop a cudgel from breaking a bone.”

“...I’m going to ask the forgemaster if something like that is feasible with what we have. But for tonight, we’re just making a regular chain. One of her majesty’s ships needs a secondary anchor chain, and we’re making part of it. A few of the other workshops are making the rest and the anchor itself.”

“Cool. How do we get started with chain?”

“It’ll be like nothing you’ve done before. First, we’ll need to heat the forge back up…”

It took you guys quite a while to get just a few links completed. Chains, as it turns out, are fucking hard to make without automatic tools. Your amazing idea of heating up the middle of a metal plate and using a pickaxe to knock out the hot part was dismissed by a rolling of eyes.

When you were finally done, you both nearly collapsed in your small break area. The heat was still nearly unbearable even there, and you wondered how she managed while covered in fur.

“So when are you going on a date with Princess Luna?” she asked.

“I went on one with her a few nights ago. I’m trying to keep it even, but Celestia’s a lot busier when I’m usually awake.”

“You could always split your sleep schedule. Wake up at midnight and go to bed at noon. I imagine it’s hard to be… intimate with her when you’re just waking up or just going to bed.”

“We get by. So how am I going to go about getting fur from you? I don’t really think I should just shave a patch off…”

“I have an idea.” She walked over to one of the workbenches and grabbed a coarse metal brush.

“...That’s gonna hurt.”

“Nah.” She ran it down her front leg and pulled it away. Sure enough, it was covered in some fur. “I don’t have anything to put it in, though. You should take it to her straight away so you don’t accidentally turn your wife into a half pony, half pocket lint monster.” She passed you the entire brush. “Though she’d be one fine monstrosity, I gotta say. Well, part of her.”

“I’d still love her, either way. I just might have to do it from a distance. I’ll see you later, Goldie.”

“I think you mean tomorrow… Anon.”

“I knew you’d give in. See you tomorrow.” With that, you departed, heading to Luna’s spacious rooms. You were hoping she’d be awake and wouldn’t mind you smelling like death.

When you arrived, she answered the door herself, still looking somewhat bleary-eyed. “I got the fur you needed,” you told her, holding up the brush.

“So you did. Come along inside, I suppose. Getting the base brewing will not be difficult.”

“Not sure that’s too smart. I just got out of the forge and I stink. Like, really badly.”

“You smell like a stallion. And a little bit like metal. It does not bother me. I thought you would be interested in how these potions are made.”

“I am. And I guess if the smell doesn’t bother you, I can watch.”

“Then enter.” She stood aside for you, letting you walk on in. The temperature difference in her room was crazy. The forge was broiling. The halls were comfortable. Her room was actually cold. Most of the sweat on you was already gone, but your shirt was still damp and almost instantly got cold enough to make you shiver slightly. “Go through the left door and do not touch anything. I will join you shortly.”

The door to her room was on the right, so you assumed the left door led to some kind of workshop. Stepping inside proved that assumption correct. One wall of the room seemed to be dedicated to alchemy, with a few alembics, calcinators, several mortars and pestles, two retorts, and all manner of glasses, vials, and bottles. Another entire wall was taken up by shelves for ingredients.

The last wall was full of various stuff, most of which you didn’t recognize. You did see a few telescopes and what you thought were star charts. Before you could get closer to see anything else, Luna walked in, her floaty hair tied up in a bun and trying to escape. “Let us get the base simmering quickly. Give me the brush.” You hold it up and she gently removed it with magic, then pulled off the fur and passed the brush back. “Hm. I always did imagine Celestia would be better off blond. I will be sure to see her before she changes back.”

“Are there going to be any kind of side effects from this, aside from changing shape?”

“I have tested it once and there were none. That said, I have not tested it as extensively as what you will do. Be sure to let me know if anything strange happens.”

“Alright. So how do we get started?”

“First, the base.” She floated the fur to the side and pulled some kind of yellow fluid from the ingredient wall. “This is distilled sunlight.”

“What.”

“Distilled sunlight.”

“No, I heard you. It’s just… Sometimes I forget I’m in Ponyland. Go on.”

She shrugged and poured a few milliliters into a measuring flask. “We add the fur…” It floated over to the flask and dropped in, instantly bursting into flames and smoking away.

“And that’s not dangerous for Celestia to drink?”

“She might have something of a stomachache if she drank it right now. Followed by a minor case of death. That is why it will be cooking.”

“Magic. Right.” Because cooking something hot cools it down, right? “What’s next?”

Another bottle floated down from the ingredient wall, this one full of some kind of white powder. “A dose of salt.” She tipped it over the flask and let some slide into the liquid. Then the salt floated back and something else moved in, what looked like strips of paper. “Essence of memory.”

“Alright, that one I’m curious about. How do you get the essence of a memory? And whose memories are they?”

“Excellent questions. Do you know what stream of consciousness writing is?”

“A story style where you get exactly what the character is thinking at the time, right?”

“Correct. To obtain the essence of a memory, a unicorn must write stream of consciousness while casting a spell that enables the thoughts, emotions, and the memory itself to be locked into paper. If you were to grasp any of the strips and use the command word, you would instantly be assailed with the locked memory. It would also render the strip useless. I have been told that most unicorns make these strips while doing mundane tasks they didn’t want to remember anyway. Those work for most potions, but some require specific emotional attachments, like sorrow or happiness.”

“So all those strips are probably just some guy eating breakfast?”

“Or walking to work or meditating. I actually heard that for advanced mages, it is possible to make the memory about making the memory itself.”

“Weird.”

“But wise. You lose nothing and can transcribe essences until you get bored.” She finally tossed three strips into the sun oil. Two flashed blue and one flashed green. “Two of those were mundane tasks. The other was something slightly more exciting.”

“What if you get one about a guy having sex or… I don’t know, murdering someone?”

“Bright pink and oily black. I have only seen the second once, and used it to solve a murder.”

“Neat. What’s next?”

“A transformative agent. Changeling honey.” Another flask floated over, this one full of a grimy green goop. “You would not believe what one must go through to obtain this nasty honey.” As thick as it looked, there was no way any would come out even if she upended the thing. She just scraped a dollop out with magic and let it fall into the sun oil. The entire mixture instantly turned brown. “Good.” The honey floated back to the shelf. “That does it for the base. I will put it on ice and add to it occasionally over the night. It will be ready before you need it.”

“Awesome. This right here’s a cool kind of magic. Anyone can do it.”

She shook her head. “This is not magic. This is merely alchemy. Add one ingredient to another ingredient and you get a reaction. Some of the ingredients, like the memories, are magical. Others, like the distilled sunlight, can be pulled from nature. But yes, anypony can do it. The hard part is learning what ingredients have what effects. But if one has a book of recipes, that stage can be skipped. Nothing new can safely be produced, but much can be done with the recipes already in existence.”

“It sounds fun. And also extremely dangerous.”

“Indeed. If you would like to learn, there are a few professors in the nearby mage tower that would be all too happy to teach you.”

“I would, but I got my hands full with metalworking. And getting ingredients and a lab would be a bitch. If I had all the time in the world, I would definitely devote some to that. But I’m starting to like working with metal.”

“Understandable. It is wise to become a master at one trade rather than average at several.”

“My thoughts exactly. My old profession doesn’t exist here, so starting new was a necessity. Anyway, I really do need a shower, and your room is really cold. See you at dinner?”

“My room is not that cold. I do not know why you are shivering like a little filly.”

“Because I’m not covered in a thick fur and my shirt is damp from sweat. Remember, I just came from a forge.”

“Ah. Then yes, that is understandable. I will see you at dinner, Anon. Farewell for now.”

As you left, you couldn’t help but think to yourself how adorable she was with her hair in a floaty bun. Not that you would ever tell her that, of course.

She’d probably kill you or something.

The morning of your day with Celestia started like any other. There was a big furry beast in your arms that you kissed as soon as you woke up, which made her gently stir. As soon as she moved, her weird hair started smacking you in the face, but you were used to it and just ignored it.

But despite the bed being warm and the company great, you knew you had to drag yourself up. And so you did, making her groan when you left a cold gap next to her. Throwing the blanket back over her silenced her, so you retired to the bathroom to deal with the morning commonalities.

When you finished up in there, your wife was still being lazy. You grabbed your damp towel and walked over to the bed. “Time to wake up, honey,” you said. She snorted. “Then we can do it the fun way.” You pulled the blanket off and she curled into a ball.

Then you rolled up the towel and whipped her right on the cutie mark with it. She shot up with a yelp, then glared at you in indignation.

“Good morning!” you happily said.

“Would be a lot better without somepony hitting me,” she muttered, rubbing at her sore flank.

“I’m your personal alarm husband,” you replied. “It’s my job to wake you up on time. You should be thanking me!”

“Uh huh. I’ll remember this the next time I wake up first.”

“I don’t know why you’re upset. Today’s your day off, after all. You get to spend it all with me!”

“But I could have spent a little bit more of it asleep. That would have made things so much better…”

“You know you like it. I bet you want me to spank you some more, don’t you?”

“...Maybe.”

“Too bad. Take a shower.”

She sighed and shook her head. “I spoil you so much, honey.”

“Love you too, babe.” She grabbed you with magic and tossed you onto the bed, then hopped up to go to the bathroom.

By the time she got out, you had the potion ready for her. When she walked into the room and saw the vial in your hand, she sighed. “Is this one going to make me sound like a filly?” she asked. “Or maybe make me roar like a monster?”

“Nope. But it should be surprising. Drink it.”

She rolled her eyes and floated the small bottle over. “At least I know you and my sister are getting close.”

“We don’t have to be that close to work against a common enemy. She seemed to think you’d enjoy this.”

“Joy.” She sniffed at it before sighing again and then downing it. “Hopefully this one won’t leave the taste of sweaty socks in the back of my throat all day.” She floated the vial back to you. Before you could take it out of the air, she was already changing. “So what is this one supposed to do?”

“Just a sec.” You walk over to her vanity and grab a hand mirror, then bring it over to her. “This is you.”

She blinked in surprise as soon as she saw her reflection. “...What in Equestria?”

“Welcome to the life of a normal pony. Today, you are Goldilocks, a friend of mine. We’re going out into Canterlot and I figured you wouldn’t want everyone staring and bowing all the time.”

“But… my horn! And my wings!”

“And your hair and tail. You’re completely normal in almost every way, aside from being just a little bigger than average.”

“But wasn’t this supposed to be… our day?”

“It is. And it will be. We just can’t really kiss as much as I’d like. But we can still be together. And this way, we can be together in Canterlot without any problems.”

“...Hm. You are still prince consort.”

“For less than a week. I doubt everyone’s going to be bowing and scraping. And even if they are, so what? It doesn’t bother me as much and we can use it to our advantage.”

“...Very well. And you did say it would be surprising.”

“I definitely tried to ask about it, but you didn’t let me. So now you get to live with it.”

“Indeed I do. So who is this Goldilocks? Or does she even exist?”

“She’s the mare helping me learn metalworking. She didn’t mind letting you borrow her body.”

“Good. So what are our plans for the day, dearest Anonymous?”

“I think you’re gonna love it…”