• Published 11th May 2012
  • 2,640 Views, 63 Comments

Ponies and Interdimensional Travel - Lain_UX



When a teenager discovers interdimensional travel, can he keep the press or the internet from knowing?

  • ...
12
 63
 2,640

Coke and Ponies

It was a bright, sunny day for all to play and enjoy. Summertime was here, and almost ended, and no doubt everyone was outside enjoying the sprinkler parties and opening sodas. School was still in session, but not for most people, as the failure students were tapping on their desk, staring outside the window.

Of course, it wasn't my kind of weather. I'm more of a storm guy, as sunlight is either non-existent or burning hot sun-rays filled with evil radiation that is brimming with joy of burning my pale skin. You may have guessed I'm still inside, enjoying myself on the computer, drinking Coke. There is only one type of coke I like, and it's name is Coca-Cola. I had a six-pack of coke in the fridge, just a ten second dash to the fridge in case of emergency.

What could I be doing on the computer that would keep me inside, you may ask? It would be ponies, with a sprinkle of quantum physics. Although I had nearly no idea what quantum physics is, I had a rough idea of it. Weird and outlandish science experiments such as Schrödinger's cat. Of course, ponies were interesting enough to warrant some fun ideas of suddenly warping to Equestria and bro-hoofing a fellow pony and that sort of stuff.

I like to keep to myself, having only about an hour of face-time with people a week was fine by me. I never had a good time with anyone, let alone having any joys of summer fun. I do have one friend, named Taylor, who is a brony and a great kid. He'll join me in whatever thought springs into my mind, not even having a clue what comes out of my vocal cords. That tells you that you've got a friend. Not understanding them, but understanding enough to stick with them whatever may come their way.

I invent quite a bit, tinkering with gizmos and gadgets people have made. One time I made a coke robot that would transport carbonated water with the all famous syurp to my desk, but it ended up tipping over - with an opened coke. Another time I built an A.I to help me, but he went and somehow tipped over with soda too.

Nonetheless, I have always stuck by science as my nature. Science has made many great inventions and thought-provoking lectures that I can't keep myself away from. Quantum physics made it to my desk, and now I wrote an essay about it.

Even though science is pretty freaking sweet, it gets boring after a while. Science doesn't exactly give extra credit, nor did it improve my social life. I had a hole in my life as well, one that was created a long time ago by some girl. Video games fill the hole, but ponies made me a non-Newtonian fluid to fill the gaping boredom hole of life (I'm done with the puns now).

Taylor was busy spinning around in his chair, thinking about how ponies could fly planes, while I watched some animated clips of talking equines in a country ruled by another talking equine with a unicorn and wings. I was watching one of the episodes where Twilight attempted to figure out Pinkie Pie's strange antics. I was just considering doing the challenge where you would have to watch all of the episodes in a 24 hour time-frame with less than an hour break.

"Hey, Tal, what if we could travel to Equestria or something. How would they see us?" Taylor said, in a monotone voice. Obviously he was bored.

"I don't know. I have read fan-made stories of ponies reacting negatively, on the flip-side, some are positive reactions. However, there is no possible way we can possibly figure out how the reaction would be." I replied in a professor's voice.

"So could we be able to go to Ponyville?"

"The odds are against us, I don't think we could go even if we tried on a huge budget."

Taylor considered an idea, but trashed it in the mental Recycling Bin. Taylor had a knack for ponies, he would think up theories, with my help of course, about how we could probably go to the magical land of ponies. I would always come up with an explanation of how we couldn't. Taylor didn't want to go as badly as I wanted to, but I still had to stick to science. Of course, when I'm on a sugar high, I get some weird ideas (and embarrass myself in the process).

Taylor spun around in his chair, thinking up an idea. He thought long and hard, and questioned everything he knew.

"Can't you make some sort of portal thingy that could magically take us to wherever?" Taylor hopefully asked.

I thought hard for a moment. "Maybe, I'll try tonight. It's 4:00 PM, your mom may want you back by now."

Taylor left with a wave and rushed out the door onto his skateboard. As much as I may like wooden boards with wheels, I preferred scooters and bikes. I watched him through the window as he preformed an ollie and picked up speed. I was thinking about my promise, and considered something. I rushed to Google and started working.

Before I knew it, the grandfather clock in the living room struck 9:00, and I turned off my monitor (Turning off computers is basically wasting your time). I took off my clothes and jumped into a t-shirt and some boxers, and dove into bed and tried to think about what I researched online, which was nothing of the sort I could find. I tossed and turned, and stared out the window as some kids were finishing up their game of Manhunt. I slowly went to sleep as I started building a mental blueprint for another one of my inventions. I dreamed of metal beams melting and forming into a circular shape. I dream of bolts flying into the holes. I even dream of cables connected from the portal to the computer to program the portal to other places. I had ideas alright, ideas of controlling wherever we could go just with a couple clicks and taps on the keyboard. We could easily become pirates, or dance on the moon. We could become warriors in battle, or a doctor healing others.

For some reason my active brain would sometimes get lost off track, and imagination kicks in. I feel like a toddler again, no worries of anything other than nighttime, for it ends my play and fun. Nighttime is but a hindrance to our progress in life as we build amazing things. Dusk gives us the illusion of a death of the fun we had that day, and all we have are memories. As my mind falls off track and thinks up something new, my subconscious is busy at work writing the blueprint.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading this far! This is my first fan-fiction, and definitely not a one-shot. I accept Grammar Nazis as help with whatever happened in my story, and suggestions from other eager writers. Again, thank you for the help and support!


~Talster

EDIT: Chapter 3 wasn't the only cringy chapter. I went over this and typed it up to par with my newer chapters. Don't hurt me plz.