• Published 11th May 2012
  • 2,640 Views, 63 Comments

Ponies and Interdimensional Travel - Lain_UX



When a teenager discovers interdimensional travel, can he keep the press or the internet from knowing?

  • ...
12
 63
 2,640

Meanwhile in America

As I tapped my fingers on the computer, I checked my clock. 12:36 in the morning. Not bad, usually I stop looking at pony pictures way after 3:00. I decided to check up a bit on my research to get to Equestria, but the thought that kept me up at night was that it might not be an interdimensional issue after all. It could be buried under some other dimension. I had nightmares where I made a portal, jumped in it and realized it was an oxygen-less planet with aliens. As in stereotypical aliens. That isn't really the point here. I checked for any friends that would possibly comfort my social life, finding nearly none. To my surprise, Taylor was still on Steam, either he forgot to log off or he is actually on. I managed to get a couple sentences from him, but Taylor is not one for staying up. He didn't fully realize the gravity of the situation as he calmly mentioned that cartoons may actually cause a new galaxy way beyond any telescope ten times the power of our telescopes can reach.

You should have seen me jump out of my bed.


The next morning, my hair was in it's usual bunch, but a bit different. First, it wasn't it's usual light blond. It was a bit darkened, as if from either radiation or Coke. My parents knew me well (but not too well) enough that it would be just as likely to be radiation as it would be Coke. I don't know how radiation could cause discoloration, as it would take weeks for the results to be shown, but it was still a probability. After all, how else would radiation and soda mix in my room?

~~~

'Taylor woke up with a startle. He frantically checked his clock, but was surprised to hear that it wasn't beeping. Ten 'o' clock in the morning. Another noise. He checked his window and saw that Tal was throwing rocks at his window like an idiot. Really, he should stop waking me up for stupid matters.'

"There," Taylor said to me, "does that help your stupid clopfiction?" I smirked a bit. I told him that I needed a couple more materials to jump-start the portal. Once it was started, we would just stick a video camera attached to a stick for a couple seconds, and pull it back in. Taylor and I knew a bit about programming, but Taylor knew more. Therefore, I let him mess around with the portal while I started my shopping list.

"Alright," I said, "we need three Americium smoke detectors, something only My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic would have, and a box of supplies containing soda, chips, solar chargers, and firecrackers. Still working on what to power it."

"That's a pretty big list." Taylor lazily said, not taking his gaze away from the computer.

"Nah, not really."

Already, we managed to program the portal to Google search galaxies. We had to cross our fingers, and take wild guesses, but it might be worth the time, blood, sweat, and tears (mainly mine). All we needed to do was buy a couple plushies, get the chips, and manage to get three homeowners to give up part of their home security to two teenagers who like a girl's show.

Great.

~~~

Twilight rolled over in her bed. The strange clouds have been rolling in still. No one could figure out the mystery of these strange storms in the distance, well, except for Princess Celestia. Celestia had found out some of it, but not enough to support her theory of aliens coming in. No one could figure it out, but Twilight was too tired to care. She felt an urge to eat, and fell out of her bed in an attempt to wake up. Instead, she crushed Spike, who was still miraculously still asleep. She fell down the stairs after tripping over her new book, 'The Traveler's Guide to the Universe'. She managed to waddle over to the fridge, with a sleepy smile on her face. That smile vanished quickly when she saw nothing but air in the fridge.

How was she supposed to find out anything about friendship now?

~~~

"Do you really think people are just going to give radioactive stuff to some kids?" Taylor said, "I mean, really, it's freaking AMERICIUM. Sure, it might not be too dangerous, but give it time."

Sometimes, Taylor loses connection with the world and somewhat falls unconscious for a minute or two. I looked back at Taylor, but he was staring into the world, mouth agape.

"Typical." I muttered.

So far, we had enough chips to feed Africa for a day, or two kids for a week. We had enough soda to keep me going (with emergency 5 Hour Energy and Red Bull mixed with Coke, Gatorade, Coffee, and extra Taurine we managed to get) for about a week or somewhere around that.

I managed to get some firecrackers and a Bic lighter, and those weird firecrackers that explode when you pitch them at the ground. Solar chargers were a go, to my surprise we still had a box of old science-y stuff in the attic. Hopefully the sun in Equestria can power solar chargers. At the very least I hope I can survive in it.

The portal was almost done, all we needed was three smoke detectors. On the top center of the portal frame, there are three holes. We just need three smoke detectors and it's a go for about two trips. One there. One back.

After a while, Taylor came back to his senses (I cooked bacon) and we set off on our grand journey filled with romance, action, emotion, and smoke.

"Hello sir, we need a smoke detector for a school project. May we look at yours to see if we need it?" Taylor said.

SLAM.

We repeated this for a couple of houses until we got to an old cat lady's house.

"Hello ma'am, we need a smoke detector for a school project. Do you have any spares?" I said.

"Yes I do, in fact." she said. "I use the cats to put out fires anyways. Happens all the time. How many did you say you needed?"

"Th..three ma'am." That caught me off guard. She handed us three and we were marching back home. Ready to set out on our journey. Until we got back home we thought we were in the clear. We weren't.

Instead of the Promised Cookies at the door, we saw two angry parents. Let me tell you something. I do NOT have a good relationship with my father. I'm a bit lazy at times, and that sets him off. He was super pissed this time.

"Son, I am very disappointed in you."

"What happened this time? I swear I'll clean the coke."

"We are smarter than that son, you're trying to blow up our house aren't you?"

Well, crap. I can't tell the truth because that will get me thrown into a mental hospital, but I can't lie either. I was so caught off guard that we couldn't say a single lie right. We had an emergency plan for this though.

"Well dad, it's simple. I'm making a portal to a different dimension because my love life sucks and talking pastel-colored equines from a different dimension is more appealing to me than women with huge boobs. That is my excuse."

Dad blinked and started walking towards me. When you live with a parent as long as you do, you can tell what might happen, just from their gait. For instance, if a hot woman starts walking towards you with swaying hips, that may tell you she likes you and wants a lap-dance. Or, it could mean she's a lonely person looking for attention. But if you live for someone for a long time, you narrow it down to one. I don't think Dad was looking for attention or a lap-dance, but I could tell my butt might not make it to see the light of day. Dad was smart enough to know that whatever I did would work, and he was going to do everything in his power to stop it.

"Taylor." I whispered.

"What?"

"RUN!" I yelled. We ran as fast as our shoes could take us. I ran for what seemed like a mile until we were sure we lost them. I was scared out of my wits, but sure enough, we were safe.


"Just great," Taylor said, "now we're basically kicked out of your house, and my parents are going to find out too. This is all your fault!" I ducked my head as I was looking at blueprints for my portal. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a rock going past my head. I wanted to know if my parents could have possibly taken that thing to...well...anywhere. It appeared to big for any other room except the garage.

"Sure, my fault. You helped me, and that makes you an accomplice. The police aren't going to give a shit on 'who started it'. Understand me?" Taylor slowly nodded his head. "Good. Luckily for us, our backpacks are in the garage. I have the three detectors, and all we need to do is get past our parents and get in the portal."

A couple minutes later, we spied on our parents talking to some police officers. Crap, they're pretty serious about getting me back. The portal was in the garage, thank God, but there was a swarm of people. We waited out for a while until our parents started walking back in. Once we looked a little more, we saw that they were waiting for us to come back.

"Taylor, I hope you like being bait." The reply came in form of a groan. Taylor throws a rock to the left side of the house while I sneak in the right side. I carefully place the detectors on the holes and I push a button and set it to 5 seconds. Taylor starts running towards me, parents in tow.

"RUN! AGAIN!" I pitch our backpacks in the portal just as Taylor jumps in. I give a salute to the old folks, and fall backwards into the portal just as it turns off.

I woke up on some grass, with a head made of pain. I slowly get back up, however awkward, when I see a pony.

"Crap crap crap. They're going to freak. I don't care what fanfiction says they won't, I'm out of this." I sneak behind a grassy hill and give an owl call. The sound of an owl making love, that's what kept me and Taylor occupied in the fifth grade. I look around the hill just as I hear some steps next to me.

"Oh Taylor! You're...shit." I turn around to see a pony that looks like what Taylor would be if he was a pony. My brilliant mind takes a minute or two to deduct that I must be a pony as well. Sucks to be me right? Never liked OCs or anything like that. Ever. Now let me stop you here, dear reader, that this was a very temporary stage for us to be in. Ponification wasn't to be taken lightly here, and we were to soon fix that.

Taylor shushes me and flails his hooves around. He stared at his hooves and examined the physics of them. I was busy examining my horn and his wings. He apparently likes the wing part, but when I asked him about my horn and what it could do, he would be too excited to listen, flying in loops behind the hill. I pat my head a bit and am equally glad to feel how sharp my magic stick is. Wow, that came out wrong.

I can't do anything as a pony really, so we waited a couple minutes and checked the portal. Sure enough, still there. Apparently it warps back with us, a nice touch Taylor added. We jumped back through the portal and cross whatever appendages I still have.

We were again, twisted and pulled in every direction, but I could see sparks in the distance where we came from. We slowly started to turn back into humans and were spit out, but I quickly blacked out. I'm not sure what the sparks did, but I'm sure it did something to that dimension. I think it exploded, but I don't really give a shit.

Author's Note:

I'll admit; I'm not proud of this chapter. This was very poorly written and not at all well done, but I'll make sure I right those wrongs later.

Problems are fixed! Final-freaking-ly! It isn't completely de-dumbified, but it is much better than the previous draft.

Thank you for all of the help and happy green thumbs ups you have given, as it allowed me to jumpstart my mood for writing more chapters! Ciao!