• Published 11th May 2012
  • 2,640 Views, 63 Comments

Ponies and Interdimensional Travel - Lain_UX



When a teenager discovers interdimensional travel, can he keep the press or the internet from knowing?

  • ...
12
 63
 2,640

Encountering Fluttershy

"AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHH---" Yelled the screaming trio. Great. My master plan is now a failure. Soon my pervert friend and I will be locked up forever, in a place we longed to go, but never reaching any ponies. You could say we were so close, but yet so far.

Throwing my hand over Taylor's mouth does little as he thinks a mile a second. I'm crouching down in the fetal position, trying to figure out how we got here in the first place. I guess my portal really did work, but not in the way we intended it to. In other words, I didn't want Taylor, my dog, and I to be sucked into our floor. Speaking of sudden disappearances, I'm supposed to watch my brat sister Amy tonight. Which kinda sucks. I can only hope that this place can mimic Narnia's logic behind time. Speaking of my dog, I wonder where he got to?

"H-hello? A-anypony o-o-out there?"

Well, It was nice living on Earth, even though I didn't really do anything there. I liked the way how Fluttershy managed to stutter not once, not thrice, but twice on the word, 'Out.' Savor it while you can, Taylor is probably wishing for sex or something. It's weird how he doesn't like pony on pony, but human on pony is okay to him. Weird.

"P-please don't hurt me!"

The sound from her diabetes inducing voice grew louder. I figured hiding in a bush was nice enough, but my pale skin kinda clashed with the dark leaves of the bush.

"Taylor, what are we going to do? Why am I asking you anyways? You ruined it by d'awwing too soon!"

"Wasn't my fault! You d'awwed too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"W-who said that?"

We froze in our hiding hole. We'll argue later in the dungeons. I had one last shot though, if it worked well enough on paper, we could make up for our embarrassment tenfold.

"Oh hello!" Fluttershy shrieked at the sound, but I continued my salutations. "Please forgive me, but my friend and I can't really show ourselves to you yet. Don't look at the bush, just give us a chance to prove our trust to you, because we aren't monsters."

"We aren't exactly from this world, but hopefully a lovely person like yourself could trust us. We're what you would call 'humans', but I don't know what you may be. May I be educated...or...um...Can you please tell us what you are and what your name may be?" Taylor looked at me weird. I didn't want to use too many fancy words, nope, those are reserved for getting out of punishments and bad grades. Besides, I sound like a know-it-all (Taylor Note: He is.) just by saying that.

"..."

"Can you at least give us the courtesy of a hello or something? Please don't call the police on us or anything."

"I'm...I'm Fluttershy, and..um..." What was left of that sentence was high pitched squeaking as she tried to pull herself together.

"That's alright, you don't have to tell me what you are. My friend and I would very much like to shake your hand, erm, hoof, I think, but only if you give us your word that you won't run away."

"...okay..."

Like magic, we slowly emerged from our hidey-hole. She screamed once more, and rushed back into her cottage.

"Damn it Tal, I was THIS close to making my move!"

"What else did you want me to do? Jump out of the bush and give her a heart attack?"

"If it kept her from running? Or...*sigh*, I don't know anymore."

We both just kinda fell right on our bum in defeat. Soon she would call the fuzz, and we wouldn't spend our time like in our most ideal fan fictions.

"Tal?"

"Yeah buddy?"

"Should we, y'know, just knock or something?"

"That's suicide! We can't just---"

"What else can we do? Let ourselves get caught and spend the rest of our natural lives with nothing but rocks for company?"

"Fine, but if any pony except Fluttershy sees us, I'm tripping you."

"Ready Tal?"

"Ready."

~~~

Fluttershy was taking care of her animals, as per usual. She was a bit more jumpy than usual, which isn't unusual, but for her she was in fear of life-threating disasters. She saw it in person and on the news, the one thing that wasn't feared, or needing a hero for, but something still scary. A large black cloud was circling the mountains yesterday, and it popped up again today. Except yesterday, it lingered for no more than a minute, but today it lasted for over an hour. She saw some things fall out of the clouds both times, though she thought she saw a dog fall out of today's cloud too. It closed up eventually though, and she reluctantly went back to take loving care of each and every animal that came for shelter. However, after another hour or two has passed, she went down for a nap. She was feeling more tired than usual today, but nothing a good shuteye could fix. Fifteen minutes later, though, that was quickly stopped when she heard bushes rustling. It wasn't normal squirrel sounds though, and the only bear was in her guest room. She decided to take a look, but one quick look proved that it was probably some gust of wind. Fluttershy decided that further sleep would quell her fear of anything that may happen, but then she decided that would be a bad idea if it were to be a burglar or something worse. She looked again, just as she heard "d'aww" outside her window. She saw two hairless bears, except with hair on their heads, one had glasses, and the other looked kinda lanky. She screamed and threw herself to the ground. Slowly pulling herself to the window only made herself scream along with the two hairless bears. She fell down and quickly looked for the phone to call the police. She didn't know what could happen if they were to be friends, but they also proved they could sneak on you without permission.

She put down the phone, and said, "Hello? Anypony out there?", and then quickly countered herself with a "Please don't hurt me" to prove she wasn't a bad person or anything. Her stare wasn't going to work this time, somehow she knew. She then heard muffled arguments in the bushes. She looked at the bushes, but all she could see was loose clothing, like Rarity's clothing but without all the fanciness.

"Who said that?"

She was rubbing her hoof on her phone's 'Call' button, with 911 showing on the screen. She wasn't going to call unless she knew for sure that they would hurt her.

"Oh hello!"

She screamed a little more and fell off her couch. The phone rolled across the floor out of reach of wing or hoof, and hyperventilated a bit. She couldn't hear the rest of whatever these hairless bears where saying, but it sounded overly friendly. She heard a bit about them, but all she could make out was "We're not exactly of this world". She froze on the ground, trying to process what she just heard.

"Could you at least give us the courtesy of a hello?"

"I'm Fluttershy..." she tried to figure out what to say next, but what she could do to fill the silence was replaced with high pitched squealing. She was very embarrassed by this, but what else could she do? After all, these hairless bears were at least a foot taller than her. She stepped out of the cottage just to see them for a bit, because she only saw their faces.

"That's alright, you don't have to tell me what you are. My friend and I would very much like to shake your hand, erm, hoof, I think, but only if you give us your word that you won't run away."

She was mildly annoyed by this, because she already told them her name. She quickly resolved her small anger when she realized they weren't anything in her catalogues. She has saw every animal known and wrote them down, but she couldn't really write down a new animal without seeing them.

"...okay..."

She stepped out and saw something that scared her. two very tall animals that were trying to smile the best they could, but were too alien to even feel comfortable around. She immediately turned tail and ran right back into the cottage with tears coming out of the corners of her tear-sacks. She didn't know what to do. She couldn't call the police on them, it was her own fault they were too scary.

"Damn it Tal!"

She has never heard that word before. Actually, the only word she recognized was 'it'. She quietly peeked around the corner of her cottage and heard the lankier one yelling at the person with the glasses. Although they were towering, they both seemed younger than an adult, but a little older than a teen. She didn't know what they were 'damning', but she quickly deduced that it was something bad. Seeing them turn around to walk to the door, she ran into the cottage and shut the door quietly. She picked up the phone and threw it at the receiver and prepared herself on the couch for the inevitable. She couldn't bring herself to call the authorities now, what if they were good people? She didn't really have any time to think, because the next thing she heard was solid knocks on the door. Each knock raced her heart. What she didn't know was that this wasn't going to be a quick thing to deal with. No sir-ee, this was a life-changing event.

~~~

"Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock. You know the drill. Loser gets to knock on the door."

"Fine Tal. I was going to do Odds and Evens, but lets do it your way because you're the leader of this mission and I should worship you blah blah blahbidde blah blah!"

"Do you have to be an ass at this time Taylor?"

"...yes..."

"Alright, best one out of one. No do-overs. Rock. Paper. Scissors. Lizard. Spock!"

Taylor was a huge Trekkie, so I prepped my hand into a lizard. What I didn't know, is that he also prepped for a scissor attack.

"Ha! Scissors decapitate Lizard! I get the honor of knocking on the best pony's do--"

"QUIET!" I brought my voice down to a whisper. "IF they figure out this one secret, IF they figure out why we're here, IF they figure out their true existence, we're screwed! Now treat her like a woman! She may be a...shy person, but she has her own feelings as well. So knock already!"

"Alright alright alright fine fine fine fine FINE."

Taylor knocked on the door. Those three knocks, each solid knock, represented the three of us. Me, Taylor, and our dog. Our robot dog anyways. Again, I wonder for the second time, where he went off to?

Author's Note:

Whew! Took me a while to get off my butt and do this. Can't wait to make longer chapters! Thanks for the support guys, couldn't do it without those upvotes! Ciao!

2,000 words! Thanks for everything for that as well!