• Published 26th Feb 2015
  • 2,307 Views, 298 Comments

Cutiemark Crusaders 10k: The fourth deity - The Psychopath



In this dark future of Equestria, the CMC have become the guardians of the remaining ponies against the chaos demons, Nightmare Luna, and the crystal ponies of the formless King Sombra. Three deities, but an unknown fourth comes for conquest

  • ...
10
 298
 2,307

Convincing a crystallion

"Abstract," Scootaloo said. "I need you to accompany me in aiding my friend, Apple Bloom. She is trapped in a chaos controlled city and currently under siege."

Scootaloo had gone to the crystallions to make a simple request. Well, simple in her mind, but Abstract was a stubborn one.

"Why would I do that?" Abstract asked.

"Because we need Apple Bloom and the ponies that are with her. Without them, we won't have an efficient defense here, let alone plans for new vehicles."

Abstract did not respond to her.

"Look, you say many times that you want to rule over us passively, yes? Well, you need to learn about our society and how we function. If you come with us, you'll see for yourself how we fight and what we do in given situations. Knowing your age, you would most certainly enjoy seeing new military tactics, right?"

"This is true."

"Then it would stand to reason that you accompany me at least to see what we do with our new technology, yes?"

Abstract remained silent for several minutes, inciting the worry of Iviesta.

"Dad?" she called out to him.

Abstract's 'eyes' looked back to see the crystal with Nightmare Luna's black magic of corruption bubbling and growing. "Fine. I will take my daughter and chrysanthemium to watch you from a distance. If I find a reason to intervene, then I shall. Otherwise, this is only to observe and learn, despite it being against my better judgement."

"Thank you," Scootaloo said calmly. "We're leaving shortly, so please accompany me."


Abstract and Iviest Porravon walked off the extended leg of the chrysanthemium and vaulted over Applejack towards her little sister.

"Your Empress requested my aid, and so I have. I deemed the situation worthy enough for me to step in, and so I have done this also."

Nopony could concentrate with the horrific death throes Applejack was creating, but in a fashion befitting them, the crystallions ignored the sounds...partially. Iviesta was amusing herself patting Applejack every time she stopped screaming to make frantic, quick breaths of air. This would agitate her and bring her in pain again and again, much to the crystallion mare's amusement.

"What did you do to her?" Apple Bloom asked Abstract. Her angry, pitiless voice had a in almost unnoticeable hint of sadness.

"I had my chrysanthemium snapped her spine in half and infused the spinal bone with my magic to crystallize it. She'll never get it back, and even if it were possible, it would take an incredible amount of work, precision, and patience, something their 'leader' has none of."

The near entirety of the guards around cringed at the words."

"I will kill her later." Abstract turned to face Scootaloo. "Are you already finished?" he asked her.

Scootaloo nodded. "I hope that what you saw was to your liking?"

"Nothing I hadn't seen before. You don't even make use of your technology. You simply follow archaic military patterns."

The empress shrugged. "What do you think, Bloom?" She was hoping to see her friend standing next to her, but Apple Bloom had walked next to her former sister. "Apple Bloom?"

"Ha...ha," Applejack gasped. "Ya still call yerself 'Apple Boom'."

"Not really..."

"So...so what do ya want?" Applejack grunted painfully between her speech, screams, and gasps for air.

"Why did ya do it? Why did ya do that ta all of 'em? Ta everypony?"

"Do...what?"

"Trick everypony and turn them inta demons! Why?!" Bloom shouted and stomped a hoof. "Why'd ya do it? Why?!" Apple Bloom's voice started to crackle. "Why?"

"Why do you-gnk! Mean? Ah didn't do nothin'. It was all Twahlight's work."

Iviesta pressed against the serpent's spine, sending a violent bolt of pain through her entire body and making her writhe in torturous stabs, much to her amusement.

"Looks like the lie detecting spell detected a lie," the crystallion mare giggled innocently.

"Ah didn't!"

Applejack howled in pain once again.

"Plenty of lies today!"

Apple Bloom's anger was seething. "You killed mah sister 'n you ponynapped mah family. Ah want ta know where they are! Ah want mah big brother 'n Granny Smith back!"

"Apple Bloom..th-th-theeeey're home! Where you should go to be happy again. Ah only want yer happiness." The serpent looked at her little sister with a pained smile and hopeful eyes.

"Poke, poke, poke!" Iviesta repeated playfully.

The guards and marines were all mumbling about how Iviesta should stop. They were starting to feel pity for Applejack as hard as that was.

Scootaloo slanted her mouth. She was also feeling pity, but Abstract clearly had no remorse. "This really is going on for too long. Those crystallions...I really need to find a way to change the way they act. Even I am starting to feel remorse for that serpent."

"YER always lyin'!" Apple Bloom shouted. "Mah sister'd never lie ta me!"

Hooves crunching in the debris became louder and closer to the commander, its source unknown until a black mass came into view from the corner of her eye.

"If you truly do not want to be associated to this creature," Abstract started. "then you can remove her from your familial archives." Apple Bloom stared at him in disbelief. "You need only grab all things belonging to your family and permanently dispose of the historical elements concerning this 'sister' of yours."

Applejack's face became struck with terror, and she stared wide-eyed and open-mouthed at the stallion. Her eyes followed his steps towards the hat on her head, which he ripped off gleefully. The serpent struggled to try and recover it, but her body would not move.

"I should dispose of this filth, as well." He shook it in front of the serpent, just out of her reach within his magical grasp. ""It is the first step, is it not?"

"That's...fer...Apple Bloom! It belonged ta our parents!"

Abstract didn't react. The mare, however, acted differently. "Looks like ah'm never gonna get mah sister back," Apple Bloom grumbled.

"Apple Bloom!"

Abstract's magic engulfed the hat, turning it into black dust. Applejack stared silently at the small pecks of dust being taken by the wind, her mouth ever silent. The crystallion put a foot on the serpent's head, and with a thrust, created another loud, 'gooey crunch'.

Disgusted, Abstract wiped his hooves on the ground. "I will return to my home now. Come, Iviesta!"

"Okay!" Iviesta replied with a joyful jump.

The thunderous steps of the crystalline beast was the only noise as everyone stared at the events that had transpired. While they all felt pain and nausea, Apple Bloom was the one most affected by that which transpired, and Scootaloo felt powerless to help her mourning friend. She could never mourn the less of her sister, and she never considered the chaos lord to be one of them, but deep down, she could never truly refuse Applejack as her sister, no matter what happened. It's easy to push away people you barely knew, or even simple friends. To push away close family was another thing, and with the hat burned away, there was nothing left to remember Blooms parents by, the intermingling trees having long since been destroyed.


Discord shielded himself when Applejack's piece spontaneously combusted and exploded.

"What was that?!" he shouted.

"What's wrong?" Twilight asked. "What happened?"

"Look for yourself," Discord suggested.

The former unicorn looked at the table to see several flaming bits of Applejack all over the place.

She pointed at the carnage. "What happened to Applejack?"

"I have no idea!...But I wonder. I should go look in the pool and see what I can find," Discord said. "I'll be right back." He stopped before disappearing. "And watch the pieces. They might do something."


Back in his room, Abstract added the last of Nightmare Luna's magic to the crystal and shaped it in. The crystallion's eyes glowed a fierce white in response to the finishing touches.

"Soon," he said aloud.

"Am I going to get a sister?!" Iviesta blurted.

Author's Note:

Heya. I just need 35 people to click on this link and take a free copy of my book. It's not like I'm cheating. It has 2k+ views and was second place in the sci-fi and fantasy categories for three weeks and top fifteen of the whole site for five, and that was when I had just published the story and not finished it.


Unless I get 42 copies gone, the people there won't bother trying to get my book published regardless of statistics (It has to do with a little bar in the statistics page of your storiest). You DON'T need to read it, but this would help me out a lot. Thanks in advance.

(Also, apparently you need to make an account or sign in with Facebook to get it :/ Now I know why only ten people have bothered taking the rest so far)