• Published 26th Feb 2015
  • 2,308 Views, 298 Comments

Cutiemark Crusaders 10k: The fourth deity - The Psychopath



In this dark future of Equestria, the CMC have become the guardians of the remaining ponies against the chaos demons, Nightmare Luna, and the crystal ponies of the formless King Sombra. Three deities, but an unknown fourth comes for conquest

  • ...
10
 298
 2,308

Towers of protection

"DON'T!" Amber shouted at the top of her lungs.

Abstract stopped in his place and watched the pupa look at his hoof curiously, then laugh and hoofbump it playfully. He tilted his head slightly, then turned to look at Amber.

"For what reason should I not terminate this defective entity?"

The mother stayed at a distance, as did the guards, but they dared not move close to Abstract for fear that he might drop his hoof on the pupa.

"It's not defective. It's just a pupa. A baby."

Amber was approaching her master very calmly and carefully. During the short time she was with him, she knew how he could be, as did the other three, but his reaction surprised everypony around. He first tilted his head gently to one side, then to another until he straightened up and looked at the tiny creature booping his hoof. "Ba-by? What is a bay-bee?"

Apple Bloom chuckled quietly under her breath. "He lauds himself our new supreme leader yet he doesn't even know what infants are."

A great commotion attracted everyone's attention away from the scene. Abstract's new 'pet' was climbing over the walls and kicking over equipment and stone. Apple Bloom wasn't pleased at all with the situation.

"Oh come on! Ah just fixed that yesterday!" She jumped over the guards, slid down the wall, then jumped in front of the behemoth and stared at it straight in its eyes. "Hey! Who do ya think ya are, bustin' mah walls like that? Ah built 'em with mah sweat 'n elbow grease, 'n yer just-woah!"

The chrysanthemium swiped at the pony with its foreleg to get her away while it stomped over towards a large, squarish patch of grass in the area and collapsed onto it. Its body slowly condensed together until it resembled a mound of black crystals. The whole affair allowed the changeling queen to sneak in and take her baby back. Humorously, Abstract was actually watching her the whole time. Analyzing this proved...confusing. What is a 'baby' and why was this 'female' intent on protecting it? There were more problems to these inferior creatures than he had thought.

As Scootaloo smirked a little and watched Apple Bloom start kicking and shooting the mound, to no avail, she was interrupted by a pegasi flying down from the sky. He was very scrawny and colored a strange shade of amber for his coat and a fuchsia for his mane and tail. He was panicking and sweating quite profusely.

"It's King Sombra! His forces are here in the city!"

"What forces?"

The pegasus stared at his emperor with confusion. "What? What do you mean 'where'? It's right there!" He gestured towards Abstract with both forelegs.

Scootaloo chuckled. "If you think he is a part of Sombra's forces, you should ask him that yourself."

"What do you mean?"

Scootaloo gestured the pony to turn around. He hesitated several times and pointed to the direction behind him, to which Scootaloo consistently nodded calmly and and with care. The pegasus yiped and found himself hiding behind the orange pegasus.

"I am not a creation of the false crystallion. It tries to use our magic, but barely even knows the base functions of it."

"Is that all?" Scootaloo asked.

"N-n-n-no. Th-th-there's news that Sombra's forces broke through a portion of Discord's defenses and have started seeping towards Vanhoover. We've tried everything we can, but we can't stop it."

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle came together to discuss a method of dealing with the impending threat, but it seemed they had no other choice but to entrust their protection to the source of all crystal magic, or so he says. They were surprised to see he was forcing the guards to bring water and food to his subjects. Strange, considering he treated them like something similar to slaves. After taking a deep breath, Scootaloo walked up to the crystallion who had returned to its subjects, and said:

"Abstract, we require your help in removing an impending crystal threat coming from Sombra."

There was a moment of silence, but Abstract huffed. "And why would I perform such a task for one who considers herself a great protector? Your powers should be sufficient."

Sweetie Belle stepped in and put herself in front of her friend. "We have already tried to stop it with our own powers. We failed. We require your guidance and insight in the power of crystal magic."

"Plus, the people here would take your coming as a good sign. This would facilitate your transition to a true ruler and a conqueror of this city. You would not have to worry about issues of the past," Scootaloo added.

Wind flowed through the air, brushing through the few trees in the enormous entrance grounds. Abstract never gave any signs of caring much for anything, especially due to his lack of breathing and facial images. The best Scootaloo could do was follow his 'eyes' and analyze them based on their brightness. She was surprised to see a bit of movement coming from them. The crystallion stood so that his side would face the pony, but she could still see his eyes looking a little bit to the left, then back towards her.

"Fine. I already have a solution to this 'magic', and it will cement Vanhoover as my first conquest."

Sweetie Belle's body tensed just a little, but she let Scootaloo deal with it.

"Great. We shall immediately depart for the Town Hall."

Abstract knew not this term, but the building standing in the middle of the city was still an enormous construct not dissimilar to a manor. There were buildings far taller than it all around the city, but it mattered not. He could increase its size to fit his needs whenever he would be required to do so. Before he could analyze it, Scootaloo spoke:

"We based it off of Canterlot Castle. The towers are directly connected to the building now and don't veer off into crazy directions like the original did. We streamlined the exterior, making more stacked, sturdy, and streamlined. The windows are a little smaller, but it was worth it to make it more appealing to the eyes and both the interior and exterior decorator. As you can see, above on the third floor stands a balcony to adress everypony--"

"Sufficient. Call my subjects. I shall wait there."

Abstract activated his magic, allowing him to immediately arrive at the balcony in question and stand there. As he waited, he looked down at the railing. It was held up by rounded pillars thinning at their ends but spreading out into two folds which also curled down and inwards. The white stone was appealing to the crystallion, and he much appreciated pillars within his architecture. Abstract was left to his thoughts while a call was sent throughout the city, and within moments that giant, round yard below and the skies above were filled with all manner of creatures, one of which was unknown to Abstract the Dark. Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom walked up behind him, silence on their lips, although the country pony wasn't very happy with the current situation and wasn't afraid of showing it judging by her scowl and crossing her forelegs in a pout.

"You may start," Sweetie Belle said.

Abstract's voice was surprisingly loud and echoed not only through Vanhoover, but quite a bit beyond it as well. "Citizens of Vanhoover, I, Abstract the Dark, will be your future ruler when the time is right. My race had once conquered many lands but had succumbed to their own foolishness and cruelty. I will revive my race, but I must learn how to become a trusted leader in the mean time. I possess four servants who shall aid me with the acquisition of this information as well.

It has also come to my attention that my first territory is at risk of falling to the false crystal magic of the fool Sombra. I will show you all the power of true crystal magic, and then I shall take my leave."

The crystallions two horns conjoined their magical energies which started to spin between each other at tremendous speeds. Somehow, it was affecting Vanhoover itself as winds began to kick up violently and the ground began to shake. Four gigantic, black pillars of crystal rose in front of the midsection of all four walls. They rose higher and higher into the sky with their bases becoming larger and larger until they reached well over twenty-five meters above the walls. They started pulsing with magic, rings of dark energy rising towards the tips. This continued, and the humming became louder and louder while the pulsing became faster and faster, and then the pillars erupted, throwing a shockwave of pure darkness throughout the lands and covering the city in a transparent bubble of protection. It was far more efficient than the previous version created by obviously inferior beings.

The encroaching crystal 'moss' nearby Vanhoover's lands were almost immediately destroyed, and then some. Nopony aside from Abstract and his four servants knew much of what happened, but the crystallion cared not for the petty whims and needs of his subjects. As long as he faked his kindness to them, he would get what he wanted. That was all that mattered, and now his first conquest was secure. He would leave the rest to the three 'saviors' and return to the entrance where his chrysanthemium was. The mount was rare and very important to his plans. At least he wasn't aware of the little black creatures following as he flew away from the castle and the balcony.