• Published 26th Feb 2015
  • 2,307 Views, 298 Comments

Cutiemark Crusaders 10k: The fourth deity - The Psychopath



In this dark future of Equestria, the CMC have become the guardians of the remaining ponies against the chaos demons, Nightmare Luna, and the crystal ponies of the formless King Sombra. Three deities, but an unknown fourth comes for conquest

  • ...
10
 298
 2,307

Twilight comes to visit

The guards keeping watch over the four ponies and the crystal mound were staring at their location, mouths agape. Abstract had just returned and created a massive mess; He had started digging a massive hole in the concrete and the garden, tossing dirt and rocks everywhere. Blue Mellow and Rosy Notes would help out by grabbing as much dirt as they could and throwing it into a far away pile...and would throw it on Concrete Cavel who obviously became angered. Said pony with anger management problems and Amber Sweets would carry the pieces of rock and stone into another pile, although Amber would fly up and drop her's at the top of a pile and adjust them accordingly. She did seem to have a strange obsession with arranging things in a perfectly balanced position. Concrete noticed this and sat down after releasing another stone; Wiping his head in frustration.

"Why are you constantly trying to rearrange those rocks? Just dump them in a pile and go get the others!" He scolded.

Amber started to panic and began to nibble on her hooves while her eyes darted from left to right. "N-no! They must be aligned correctly. They...They just have to be!"

"Why?! They're just rocks!"

"I...I don't know! Ever since I was liberated by Lord Abstract, I have been getting weird needs, cravings, and obsessions. Did he do something to my mind? No. Of course not. He wouldn't harm us."

Concrete tapped his chin pensively and was about to speak when Blue spoke first: "Maybe she got the OCD when Abstract freed us?"

"What?" Amber said.

"Yeah. Maybe it damaged us all and we don't even know it. What he does it on purpose? Maybe he's aware of it? Who knows?"

The conversation was briefly interrupted by a sudden flash of darkness that came from the hole. It awoke the chrysanthemium that quickly resumed its normal form and started digging deep into the hole. Massive rocks and enormous mounds of dirt were flying everywhere, causing everypony in the vicinity to flee. Abstract's actions were simply too strange to understand.

A few hours had passed when the three ex-crusaders arrived at the gate entrance to see the guards all staring down what seemed to be a abysmal chasm of pure darkness in the ground. Apple Bloom nearly burst a pipe when she saw the damages. She ran towards the hole and yelled at Abstract whom she was certain was down there, asking him why he was doing this and other rather tasteless words. While she did that, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle walked towards the four ponies sitting at the edge of the hole and waiting.

"So...Mind explaining what's going on here?"

The four shrugged. "He's been digging down there with the chrysalimium since he came back," Rosy spluttered.

"I do believe it's chrysimethium, dear sister," Blue corrected.

Rosy rotated on the spot then faced him. "No, I am most certain you are mistaken."

"How dare you?! I have done thorough studies in the chrysmithiums all my life!"

Sweetie Belle Leaned towards Scootaloo and whispered in her ear:

"Those two are lively, don't you think?"

"True, however, we need to welcome our future guest that will be arriving tomorrow. Guards!"

"Yes, Empress!" All the guards around saluted Scootaloo.

"Get the workers to clean up this mess, and tell them to avoid the hole. I wouldn't want anypony to get hurt. I must tend to the confusion of my people and reassure them further. The Grand Inquisitor shall keep watch over Abstract and his creatures." While several of the guards galloped away into the city, Scootaloo walked past the four and gestured them to follow her. "Come with me," she added. The four quickly scampered up and, although hesitant to leave Abstract's side, still followed the empress. "So, tell me; Were you really liberated by Abstract? Were you truly crystal ponies?"

"That's right m'am. I don't really know about these three, but I was trying to reach Vanhoover when I was captured," Concrete answered.

"I see...And you are completely freed from Sombra's magic, then?"

"W-Well...We aren't entirely certain. Blue thinks that our 'liberation' might have damaged our brains."

Scootaloo tilted her slightly towards Concrete. She was concerned. "What makes you say that?"

"Amber's got OCD now and says she never had it before," Blue spoke cheerfully.

"But is she lying?" Pink added.

"Maybe she is. She's always nervous," Blue teased.

"I NEVER HAD IT BEFORE! ...And I'm never nervous," Amber pouted.

"Hmmm. Well, to be certain, I will send you to the Sweetie Sister's laboratory on magic research. They will keep you for the night where you will be scanned and have various medical examinations performed so that we may not only register you as full time Vanhoovian residents, but also make sure you do not have any diseases or remnant of crystal magic within you. Then, we will rehabilitate you to life with ponies and other creatures as well as our technology simply with a few guides and overnight classes. I will mention this to Abstract when he leaves his hole or whatever that is."

The four all agreed on the procedures and happily walked alongside Scootaloo through the city. Her concern was greater than the calm smile she wore on her face, and they were all connected to this bizarre creature who had just now appeared. What was it that made such an ancient being rise from its slumber now, during the worst of times? What was it hiding, and what truly is its purpose? What was its past? Several of the minotaurs and griffins, though not all, exploded into a riot of anger and rage when they saw him. Just what had he done in the past that brought about their ire, and how did he free the ponies from Sombra's magic when even Sweetie Belle and Fleur de Lis failed? This could be the solution to aid their friend who is in need of it.

The following day, Scootaloo and several Chosen ponies wearing the latest in power suits covering their whole bodies and inscribed with anti-chaos rites stood in front of the gate. Sweetie Belle stood next to her friend as the mighty Grand Inquisitor while Apple Bloom stood in the hangar, ready to send out the flying attack craft at any moment. Everypony was tense and the atmosphere was stringent and tight with stress, but they were prepared. On the horizon appeared three mysterious figures that were getting larger and larger as time passed. After half an hour, the figures stopped in front of the welcoming party. Everypony but the Power Guard, the empress, and the grand inquisitor, tensed up. Sweetie Belle's faced scrunched up slightly from disgust.

"Hello, Rarity," she hissed.

"Hello, sister," Rarity replied without care.

Twilight Sparkle and Rarity had arrived and, in Twilight's claws, was a metal chain connected to a collar around a stallion in a sorry state. He had clearly been underfed and forced to work on long nights. Rarity's feline-esque form was very thin and delicate, althoug hher purple mane and tail were still obsessively well kempt. Like Twilight, she also possessed paws, although these were more akin to a cat's. Her horn was much longer and the base was surrounded by a golden ring. Additionally, she wore a spiked, golden headband whose six spikes shortened and curved more inwards the closer they got to their center; She also wore a golden neckband that extended, just a bit, onto her back. Under both of her eyes was a purple, triangular shape that made her appear as though she had slept poorly, but these did fit with the occasional purple stripe on her white body.

"As promised, we came here to talk, and we brought an ex-prisoner to prove it," Twilight spoke. "First, we'll see who he prefers. Me, his queen and 'friend' who took great care of him, or you; Complete strangers who couldn't care less about his life. Go ahead now," Twilight said. She released the pony with a begging smile on her face, ready to receive the stallion who would jump into her arms for a hug, but to no avail. Practically microseconds after his release, the unicorn fled behind Scootaloo and began trembling like crazy. Twilight frowned and appeared to be on the verge of crying, but the moment passed just as quickly.

"Why would you come here, Rarity? I thought you would satisfied enough to cower behind the tail of Discord," Sweetie said.

Rarity simply chuckled. "You jest. I am a diplomat. Without me, Discord would be nothing," she chuckled.

"Hmph. Don't try anything funny. You once tried to attack Vanhoover all at once, and failed, not to mention your two friends who came yesterday and were utterly crushed. Plus, we have additional spells and protection in place."

Twilight looked around and nodded. "I can see that, but I don't recognize these towers. They're not emitting Sombra's magic, that's for sure."

The lavender demon stopped speaking for a moment when she saw the door open and guards escorting the ex-slave into town. Before the doors were closed, she got to see a gigantic black claw rise from the ground and drag the slave into whatever pit it was in, terrorizing the guards that were escorting him. Twilight's eyes widened in excitement when she saw that.

"Judging by that roar I heard, I would surmise you have a new pet?" Rarity asked.

"No." Scootaloo simply shook her head in response. "So, why would the Queen of Chaos want to have a simple diplomatic meeting? I know you enough that this certainly has nothing to do with Discord's poor decision making."

"You got me! Haha!" Twilight floated slightly and chuckled. "I only wanted to see this creature that came from Sombra's domain unharmed. I hear it's a creation of his."

"You're mistaken."

"Then can I meet it? I'm certain you can drag that gigantic beast out here." Twilight rubbed her forepaws together in anticipation and even started to drool.

"Ew. Twilight, you're drooling again." Rarity rolled her eyes.

The queen suddenly came to her senses and wiped her mouth. "Eheheh. Sorry about that."

"Sorry indeed. The beast is under its control. It is not the one you want."

"Oh? Then who is?"

"I would introduce you, but he doesn't seem--"

The gates opened again, revealing a crystalline equine walking towards the whole group. The guards quickly stepped aside from him and let Abstract through. He went to the left of Scootaloo and decided to stand there, waiting. The empress went ahead and presented him.

"This is Abstract the Dark: A crystallion."

"A crystallion? Ooo. I've never heard of your kind. It's not in any books I've ever read, and I've read a LOT of books."

"What manner of pathetic being is this?" Abstract asked.

"Pathetic? That's not very nice. Plus, I could flatten you in an instant if I-WAAAH!"

Twilight tried to poke the crystallion, but when her finger made contact, it immediately dissolved and caused the rest of the hand to appear to shift from solid to potentially explosive for just a short while.

"Do not touch me," he calmly ordered.