• Published 26th Feb 2015
  • 2,307 Views, 298 Comments

Cutiemark Crusaders 10k: The fourth deity - The Psychopath



In this dark future of Equestria, the CMC have become the guardians of the remaining ponies against the chaos demons, Nightmare Luna, and the crystal ponies of the formless King Sombra. Three deities, but an unknown fourth comes for conquest

  • ...
10
 298
 2,307

For dreams' sake

Abstract and Iviesta had returned the city and were walking through the streets on their way to the palace. The crystallion's actions hadn't gone unnoticed, and what feats had been attributed to the regular ponies by the soldiers in hopes of preventing any 'popularity boosts' with Abstract ended up backfiring hard. Because of the seemingly random assortment of extreme events happening since the crystallion arrived, people all around had been creating and spreading rumors about him, and, as all know: The voice become almost inaudible the further the hearer is.

A stallion at a building maintenance site saw Abstract and had to share what he heard. "Did you hear that Abstract killed the former element of laughter then revived her?" a stallion said.

A minotaur working with the pony dropped several wooden beams onto the floor and stretched out. "Really? I heard he pulled her out of the giant Pinkie. That's why the demon is still rampaging about, looking for its soul or something."

"You're all crazy," another worker interjected. "He made a deal with Discord to have her soul and trick us into thinking that he's all powerful."

The minotaur grunted. "What kind of stupid ploy is that? Why would Discord let him take down one of his own demon lords?"

"I...Uhhh..."

"See? You don't even have any idea what you're talking about!"

Further down the street, some ponies were casually walking together, exchanging small talk, then they saw the giant crystalline pony.

"I heard he's the one who freed the former Princess Celestia and Element of Laughter," the first mare whispered. "Can you believe it? He figured out a way to destroy Sombra's curse!"

"You're right. I don't believe it. He's always trying to kill everyone who stands in front of him. There's no way that he could have found something like that when he thinks that we're not worth his time."

"So...you think it's actually the Sweetie Sisters of Battle that found the cure?"

"Yes. The Grand Inquisitor has been looking for a way to break it for years now. I bet that he just stole it from her or she gave it to him."

The first mare hummed pensively. "I'm not sure. Did you see the gigantic thing that stays near the gates? It just stays there, looking like a crystalline protrusion. Nopony has ever seen that kind of thing before, and the fore that he brought with him even say that he freed them from the curse and that he tamed the monster on his own."

Further on, Abstract was going to walk past a café where a griffon and changeling were enjoying some drinks.

"You heard he defeated Crystalestia?" the changeling asked.

"You sure? Look at that thing next to him. Are we sure he didn't just corrupt her mind with another curse?"

The changeling shook its head in disagreement. "Couldn't be. She wouldn't be able to enter the city's barrier."

"But she looks just like her!"

The two stopped talking immediately when the crystallions arrived next to them, but Iviesta wouldn't let them slide.

"You two," she pointed menacingly. "...WHAT'S THAT? FOOD?!" She jumped on the small table and scarfed down the food and stood still and upright while the food entered her body and dissolved instantly. "Oh. That tasted...strange."

"Iviesta. We crystallions do not need to eat," Abstract scolded.

"But I just wanted to taste something. Why else would I have a mouth?"

The two looked on in awe while the crystallions left, then the changeling looked to the clean table and noticed something. "Did she eat the plates too?!"


Scootaloo was comfortably tucked into her bed, getting some well needed and well deserved rest. Her armor was currently being refurbished by Apple Bloom, and guards kept watched outside. The curtains to her room were closed, keeping it just that nice amount of darkness usually reserved for night time. It was moments like this where she reminisced of times before everything fell and was ruined beyond recognition.

"Times before we lost family and friends?" Nightmare Luna said.

Scootaloo realized she was in the dreamscape with the alicorn who trapped Equestria for all eternity. They were on a balcony of one of Canterlot's towers, before the fall. The alicorn put her forelegs on the ramparts and rested her head on them.

"I also dream of those times...before...my sister..."

Scootaloo kept her composed, tired, yet soothing smile on her, even in the face of this pony. "I also think about what is happening outside Equestria. The world is vast. Who knows what is happening out there? They certainly think there is treasure to be had, and eventually, somepony will break your barrier."

"I have thought of that too." The alicorn sighed. "I have also thought of what threats lurk out there. If this happened to Equestria, who knows what happened outside." Luna hopped off her resting spot and looked down at the orange pony. "But I am not here to make idle chit chat."

"Then why are you here? I haven't seen you in--"

"Stop with the playful banter. I'm here to enquire about my sister. The rock pony told me he had removed the curse set upon her and attempted to kill her. Is this true?"

Scootaloo huffed with a smile. "You really need proof from me about your sister when there's that walking, fast-talking evidence that is always next to him now? She's only a week old and is already as destructive as he could be, but without the--"

Luna grabbed the mare. "I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR RAMBLING! My sister! Now!

"Well, five." Scootaloo gently pushed Luna's hoof off her shoulder. "I understand. Celestia has indeed been freed, but..."

"But? She's dead?!" Luna dropped her head and turned away. "I knew it. He lied to me about you stopping him."

"Abstract is many things, but a liar? I've yet to see him utter anything like that." Luna's face and ears perked up. "He thinks that lying is for weakling that worry about the thoughts of others."

"She's...she's alive? Is she still herself?"

Scootaloo waited before answering. "More or less?"

"What do you 'more-or-less'?" Nightmare Luna's tone shifted from hopeful to angry.

"She doesn't look like as she did when she was still a princess. Her body is...smaller. The size of a regular pony's, and with a non-flowing pink mane and tail."

Luna became confused. "What? I...I don't understand."

"Neither do I, but she's in the dungeons while I and my colleagues discuss what to do with her."

"Is...Is execution on the agenda?"

"A great many forms, yes."

Canterlot was immediately engulfed in a flesh-twisting and mind-warping veil of darkness, and Luna's horn started to spark and eb with destructive magics. Even her voice took on the aspect of the Royal Canterlot Voice.

"You WILL NOT kill her, understand? You will pass her to me! If my sister is harmed in any way, then I will declare war upon your refuge of misfits and fools."

The mare shook her head. "Luna, your despair won't hurt us. It never will, and we aren't passing her to you. She has no way to protect her mind and body from...this."

"You just gestured to all of me."

"Exactly. Your magics. They warp and corrupt. You know this, and with your sister drained of her magic, she wouldn't be able to remain your sister for long, so we'll be keeping her here."

"So then what? You leave her in the potentially murderous hooves of the crystal pony?"

"CrySTALLION, actually, but no. He won't be getting near her."

"And what will you do with him when your days grow numbered and he remains? Hm? How will your subjects live with that threat?"

"I agreed to let him take over, but he will be learning from us beforehand."

Luna shook her head. "Disappointing. We would never let such a creature wander free. He has already stolen my magic for some unknown reason, and then you expect me to trust him with the safety of my sister?"

"You're quite persistent on that subject, aren't you?"

"He can break the crystal curse!" Luna exclaimed. "Who wouldn't follow one who can do such a thing blindly?"

"Yes. He can break it..." Scootaloo trailed off. "But he never mentioned a watch to prevent it. Ponies could just as well fall back to the curse the moment they were freed. He refuses to create a permanent solution. There are already rumors in the streets circulating about him and his abilities, despite the efforts of my soldiers." The mare chuckled. "Even though he's been rude and acting like he's better than everypony, he HAS come in use more than once, but sometimes I wonder."

"What? That he's both a potential threat and benefactor to the 'survivors'? Had they come with me--"

"We already discussed that," Scootaloo interjected. The alicorn snorted angrily. "I would rather a monster lead my people to their protection against whatever threats exist outside your barrier. He would know how to fight them."

This implies you think you're going to win the war."

Scootaloo just gave a warm smile to the alicorn, then a faint beeping started repeating itself. "Well," Scootaloo looked at her wrist where a watch materialized. "I think it is high time I wake up for my daily duties." She nodded to the former princess and faded out of the dreamscape.

"SCOOTALOO!" Luna yelled. "Give me back my sister!"

Author's Note:

The next chapter will have Chrsysalisalisalis and Pupa in it. It'll be a short deviation from focusing on the same people and subjects.