• Published 26th Feb 2015
  • 2,307 Views, 298 Comments

Cutiemark Crusaders 10k: The fourth deity - The Psychopath



In this dark future of Equestria, the CMC have become the guardians of the remaining ponies against the chaos demons, Nightmare Luna, and the crystal ponies of the formless King Sombra. Three deities, but an unknown fourth comes for conquest

  • ...
10
 298
 2,307

Disbelief

Pinkamena arose from the ground like an undead entity aroused from it slumber, but just as she managed to regain her balance, the hill behind her sprung to life, grasping the chaos lord and causing her to tumble onto her stomach. She was silent for a time, and her face was devoid of any life, but slowly did light return to it. The hill was a chaotic mass of protuberances taking the shape of malformed tree roots and mud intermingled with stone. It had no beginning or end, and every struggle that Pinkamena performed that broke its body served no purpose as the pieces would grow back.

"Nice job on summoning that thing, Abstract," Concrete congratulated between breaths.

Abstract stared at the entity attacking an ever angry creature fighting against its reins.

"Let...Let go of me!" Pinkie spoke softly, but her voice was gradually increasing back to its usual loudness.

"I did not perform such a thing," Abstract hissed. "This is a byproduct of the spell, now let us to the city. I have want of sharing this trophy with those living there."

Amber Sweets sighed in relief when she saw everyone was okay, but when she saw what exactly it was that Abstract was holding, her face paled and her pupils shrunk.

"Is that...?" she stuttered.


Sweetie Belle paced about her office in the palace. There were no desks as she was strong enough to keep nearly everything afloat, although this wasn't the case with her multitude of shelves made to hold scrolls, books, and parchments. They had been enchanted to float on their own around the large, circular room and to come at the behest of any caller. The walls were covered with runes of various shapes, sizes, and color; all which glowed brightly in the already well lit room. The two guards watching Abstract were watching her with worry.

"And you just LET him leave?" she yelled.

"It's not like can stop that thing? He fought off the chaos lords and even uses weird magic. We weren't trained to fight something like him!" the stallion guard explained.

"That's not an excuse for taking your time to report to me. Now he's out there, attacking Pinkie Pie doing who knows what."

The two guards looked at each other with perplexed expressions.

"Why do you care though? You were planning on getting rid of him at some point, weren't you?" the mare wondered.

"That's not entirely true..." Sweetie trailed off. "I'm more worried about what he could cause. He's an unstable element that clearly does whatever he wants, and that's the real problem. We let him do as he pleases, as long as it doesn't put anypony in danger, but we don't leave him unwatched."

"G-Grand Inquisitor? There's a riot happening in the streets, if the sounds are to be believed," the stallion meekly spoke.

"What?"

Sweetie looked outside the row of windows behind her and saw a large crowd was gathering at one of the gates. Judging by the chrysanthemium, it was Abstract again, but something was off. Roars of anger filled the air, and rage was overflowing from the city.

"What did he do now?!" Sweetie complained.

She rushed down the building to the exit, only to meet with Apple Bloom and Scootaloo.

"Ya noticed too, huh?" Apple Bloom asked Sweetie.

"Yeah. I don't know what it is, but I'm certain Abstract is involved.

"Why would everypony be angry at him, though? Aside from his behavior, he hasn't done anything to get everypony to want his death," Scootaloo wondered.

"We'll get our answers once we get there, so DOUBLE TIME!" Apple Bloom ordered before rushing off.

The two remaining CMC smiled sheepishly. "She's still as rambunctious as ever," Sweetie sighed.

Finally amidst the crowd, everyone moved away when they saw the three trying to wade their way through, leaving the CMC a free path towards what was visible Abstract and the four he 'rescued'. Some rotten fruit and crumbled bottles had been thrown at them, but they seemed otherwise unharmed.

"What's going on here?" Sweetie asked. "What did you do?!" she yelled at Abstract.

The Inquisitor approached the crystallion and made her best attempt to look him straight in his 'eyes'. Judging by the lights only pointed forward, he couldn't care less about the white pony yelling at him.

Apple Bloom grimaced and stomped forward. "Let me at him. I'll--"

She was stopped by Scootaloo who put a hoof to her shoulder. "Why exactly are they attacking you, Abstract?"

"Attacking me?" he asked. "I am not the target of their discontent." He stepped to the side, revealing his 'prize'. "She is."

Boos, hissed, and demands for the trophy's death were muffled by the CMC's complete shock and horror.

"You brought Pinkie Pie to the city?!" Scootaloo yelled in pure anger.

"In a sense."

"Get her out of here before I terminate YOU as well!" she threatened.

Abstract's eyes glowed bright and he looked down at the orange pony. "Threatening me will not change my position, and I am not threatened by something as weak as you."

Their staredown was interrupted by a guard yelling to his Empress. "Empress Scootaloo! I see Pinkie Pie still rampaging on the countryside. She's fighting some kind of blob."

"She's out..."

Everyone became confused at the report.

"Then who is that?" Apple Bloom said.

She pointed to a tear soaked, pink pony curled up in the fetal position and still sobbing to herself.

"That is also Pinkie Pie," Abstract explained.

"But the chaos lord--"

"Is Pinkie Pie as well."

"...What?" the engineer turned to Sweetie Belle. "Can you explain?"

"I...I have no idea. I've never even heard of such a thing."

"Because I created that spell."

"You...created such a thing in just a few months?"

"It requires more work, but the initial test against the weakest of the chaos lords was a success."

"Wh...What did you do?!"

Pinkie's crying became loud enough to distract Abstract. Using his two horns, he called upon the chrysanthemium to pick her up and keep her mewling form further away from him.

"Take the pony wherever you wish and do with her whatever you will. The chhrysanthemium will obey you only for that task until she is deposited. I have more important things to attend to."

Everypony looked at him in silence, then back at the gigantic monster holding the crying pony on its back.

Scootaloo scratched the back of her neck and frowned. "What is going to happen? What is he even trying to do?"


Pinkamena, meanwhile, went back to the chaos lands where Twilight and Discord were examining her. Discord was traveling in her head with spelunking gear and using a flashlight glowing through the pink chaos lord's eyes. The draconequus' voice echoed while traveling in Pinkamena's head.

"Yup," he said. "She's half here."

"Half here?" Twilight repeated.

"Yes. Half here. Fix your phonograph. I think the needle is stuck."

The lavender chaos lord rolled her eyes. "How did it happen, Pinkie?"

"Don't...CALL me that!" Pinkamena raged. She yiped in pain from electric shocks Discord gave her.

"Bad chaos lord. Bad! Stay down!" Discord shouted. A whip cracking could be heard with his words.

"Just...tell me what happened," Twilight said.

"Well, I recall a few STUPID minions enraging me."

"Nothing new there."

"And while I was stomping them, some ponies came around to annoy me. They tried to crush me with a stone, but I swatted it away. Then..."

"I...I'm not sure. I just remember an ANNOYING black thing hitting me in the head and blinding me with white light."

"White light?" Twilight wondered.

"Black thing?" Discord repeated.