• Published 22nd Feb 2015
  • 2,169 Views, 36 Comments

Friends until the bitter end: Rebirth - Carmine Prophet



As tensions rise and is nearing its tipping point, Can blackwatch and the new Prince turn the tide in the war to come?

  • ...
13
 36
 2,169

Pre-op gitters

"Audio recording, personal log, seven hours ago"

"Just talk into this thing... (Luna your mics on backwards!) Okay then Raptor. We are Princess Celestia and Luna giving our report as per Raptors request. Ok we are going to get this out of the way right now; Raptors Blackwatch is the most Disorganized, Aggravating, Infuriating, Unprofessional, and Incompetent group of ponys we have ever, had, to, deal, with! The Fact that this group of thugs is still alive is nothing short of mind boggling!? Shining Armor the captin of our sisters Solar guard, has expressed his borderline hatred of this group stating that they are quote 'poster image for what a guard should not be.' (Shining Armors a Bitch! [Buck you!] Woah there space man you need calm down, whats with all the swearing!) And the fact that some how Cadence gets along with Raptor is nothing short of a miracle. While our kind and soothing Cadence completely abhors death in any form Raptor on the otherhoof is the polar opposite. While we won't speak for our sister we by no means hate Raptor, He is a superb stallion and we will openly admit that some of the things his ponys have done have helped Equestria and our subjects, But he has some serious issues. (You can say that again! [I will punch you in the face!]) Much like my sister Luna I by no means hate Raptor in fact i see the value of having him around unlike my short sited Guard Captain. Ever since he and Blackwatch have gone mostly public crime has drooped in canterlot and ponyville by a whole 50 percent partly do to the threat of what the Blackwatch guards call 'The trifecta', and partly do the fact that the hardened criminals that were on the street are part of blackwatch now. *sigh* Unfortunately this means that the most technologically advanced fighting force in the country now consists of thirty five; 'classified elements' as Raptor and I put it, Hardened criminals with in moral standing, and privately hired mercenaries. All of these things normally add up to total collapse But somehow they haven't and probably never will and as such i don't want to see what they will be like in 15 years time.

But Raptor is a great colt once you get to know him, he is very rough around the edges, he is actually quite the gentelcolt IF you make a good first impression. (I will punch you in the FACE!) Shining Armor obviously hasn't made a good first impression. Now what a mare like Rarity sees in him is lost to us. But anyway Raptor believe it or not has somehow orchestrated a very temporary truce between equestria and the changeling hives to eliminate a rather large C.E.L.L was it? (Ya CELL) A rather large CELL complex. They have agreed under the condition that we go with the guards what we have brought with us. Unfortunatly Raptor has be given as he calls it 'on scene command' of our group *withering sigh* Foust help us. Well we have to go now my my little ponys. signing off."



(Razorback drop-ship transport call-sign Gipsy Danger)


The hold for this particular transport was filld with noise but not the noise you would expect form a military operation, no this was the sound of 'Diplomatic talks' "Talks". While the Knights and changeling centurions were at work maintaining there various bladed weapons (swords and or various other hand weapons) the Princesses and the elements were talking with the Changeling Queens and Princes about various elements of eachothers culture, before they broke for a while.

"I-i-i dont understand why cant we just talk to CELL? Im sure they just want to be friends but nopony will give them a chance to change." Fluttershy asked her friends.

"Because CELL are a bunch of pricks." one of the five un-named Blackwatch troopers said. These troopers unlike there counterparts had red Blackwach stars instead of the blue, white, pink, or black of others signing them as 'high risk' ex-cons.

"Who are you guys? i have never seen you before?" Cass asked as she checked her unusual piece of kit, you see unlike other blackwatch troopers she along with pilots and some commanders wore a 'revolutionary' piece of equipment known as a helmet, not a mask, a full on helmet; you see it provided more protection than a Kevlar hood.

"Where the.."

"'cough' Red shirt 'cough, cough' my bad boys, just stay far away from me. I dont want to be blown up by a grenade." she cut them off as she hopped a little shifting her EXO, and shifting her vest so it was more comfortable for obvious female reasons. After all it was a tight ass vest and keeping them cramped up all day really hurt.

"'Hee' You alright there cass?"

"F-fuck you s-scrub!" she blurted out im embarrassment.

"Oh my god! Cass whats your last name!?" everypony in the hold heard the prince yell

"Frances."

"I mean your actual last name." he demanded.

"Zale. pronounced Zayl" she lamented

"OH my god! IS there a Valencio among us!?" Raptor asked as he demanded as the large the Large stallion raised his hand.

"Thats fucking copy right. Your basically a god damn space marine, you walk around with a god damn Bolter, and your last names Valencio ya fuck off I don't want to get sued, Brohan." the Prince stated a smile apparent in his voice. The two stallions and mare then began discussing things amunged them selves while some of the others who hadn't been around them as long as other ponys had looked on wandering what they were even talking about. And what was a space marine?



(POV change non former humans. [Trial run])



"Raptor sir, can you at least explain to me why there is even a military force like blackwatch? At what point did you decide to give criminals and mercenaries weapons and unleash them upon the enemy. We have heard everypony else s, Whats your story?" Shining armor asked everypony in the hold who knew how the two got along was absolutely shocked at the sudden civility the captain of the Solar guard captain toward his superior.

There was a silence in the air, so quiet that the only sound was the din of the engines, the silent shifting of blackwatch equipment, and the occasional chittering of a changelings wings. All eyes turned to the Prince, he looked down and took hold of one of the loops on the ceiling. He took a long breath before answering, like he had been prepared for this moment for a long time.

"It is a undeniable and may I say Fundamental quality of life that when faced with extinction... Every alternative is preferable." he said as he looked down.

"I guess that makes scene. But what could have gotten so bad as to make our race face extinction." Shining responded. Raptor looked to Celestia who nodded for a moment before he appeared to be in deep thought before answering.

"It goes by many names. The infection, The walking blight, The surge i like that one, you might know it from your history as the Plauge, the red death, or as the eternal waking nightmare. But to us the unit whose job it was to contain the threat, it was simply known by its real name... Blacklight." he paused to let it sink in, Twilight ever the scholar asked the question.

"You make it sound like it isn't from what history claims it to be. It is stated that Before even The princesses the Red death was the result of an ancient alicorn tampering with black magic. But was tainted by a sickness from the depths of Tarterus it self. Isn't that true?"

"If it was it would be more fitting. To answer your question no Blacklight isn't a sickness from the depths of Tarterus, it's a weapon pure and simple. created by one man Alex J Mercer." Raptor answered

"But i dont understand. If it was your job to make sure the plague didn't spread how did you let it get so bad?" Rainbow dash asked.

"We were able to contain the first out break in hope Idaho. where we found Elisabeth green code-named mother, and her son code-named pariah. Now what happened to them i dont know. But there was one thing, After the operation all body's were accounted for, all but one the reports say that they found a scorch mark and a strange glowing black crack in the ground where the infected person had been." he responded.

"What happened after that?" she asked holding a notepad that she had gotten from god knows where.

"I don't fucken know. The pore fuck who was messing with magic must have summoned up an infected." He replied as he checked his bow. Undenounced to them he was formulating a way to tell them with out reveling to much.

"But back to the whole faced with extinction thing. we were able to contain the threat to a large island named New york again, during the second out break but after the threat of the CEPH emerged at Lingshan we bombed the city with a multi megaton nuclear weapon, Then in 2047 Prophet ended the CEPH threat. But the threat of the infection was getting worse and worse and so blackwatch was called in again, straight from the war with the CEPH and CELL and put in the place where the source of the third outbreak, New manhatten Zero. Blackwatch was dangerously low on men so the stipulations for joining were adorably low and this lowering of standards gave birth to what blackwatch is today, a far cry from the pole up the ass frigid mother fuckers of the original blackwatch." he finished.

"Nymph you asked me what my family was like and i kind of just blew you off. Well I had an adopted brother his name was Quann Barnes he was older than me. And believe it or not he actually would have been put in charge of Raptor squad." he said looking at the changeling princess.

"What happened to him?" Ambrosia asked.

"He died." he said as he slapped a "Magazine" into his rifle. The lights then inside of the ship then turned off before a strip of red lights activated on the ceiling making the Blackwatch troopers even more intimidating.

'15 minutes!' a voice over the intercom said.

"A Speech as we go to battle." Starnes yelled the others in the hold wandered why he was talking in such a way.

"What is your life?" Raptor askes as he began walking up to each of his squad asking them questions loud enough for everypony to hear.

"My honor is my life." cass answered

"What is your fate?"

"my duty is my fate." Lewis who had been taught the traditions of the squad by the others responded

"What is your fear?"

"My fear is to fail." the massive stallion Valencio answered

"What is your Reward?"

"My salvation is my reward." Reaper answered

"What is your craft?"

"My craft is Death." Starnes answered

"What is our pledge!?" he demanded loud and clear.

"Our pledge is to eternal service!" zulu squad responded. He then walked to the front of the group in the hold. He then began a chant that was earaly similer to the royal guard chant. The ponys all knew the chant of the guard it was something that had guided them through hard times, But this Warped version brought nothing but shame to those words. The Blackwatch troopers dawned there maskes/helmet before speaking.

"Our armor is contempt (kindness), Our shield is disgust (tolerance), our sword is hatred (Love). In the emperors (their) name, let none survive (Friendship be magic)." Raptor finished as the door opened.

"ave imperator."

"ave imperator!" the other zulus replied

"Ok so here is the plan." he started as red hologram appeared in the middle of the hold it showed a large building of some kind.

"There will be three teams. Team one will consist of myself, Raider, and Reaper, we will go in from the roof. Team two which will consist of Celestia, Miasma, Cadence, Snining Armor, Gamma squad, Cass, Myxine,and SWAT under Cass's command; fire team two will go in from the main entrance and start clearing the building from the bottom. And fire Team three which will consist of Chrysalis, Ambrosia, Calliphoria, Nymph, Luna, the elements as reserve and Valencio under Chrysalis's command, Team three will enter from the Garage and work there way up. fire teams will meat in the middle of the tower having hopefully cleared the building and move to extraction." Raptor said as he began pointing to parts of the holographic building.

'two minutes'

"Stand by!" Cass yelled as she and the other members of Zulu squad held there weapons to there chests. The other Troopers then stood at attention, the others in the hold then followed suit forming a line just big enough for Raptor to walk down.

"This is for you new people..." He started as he slowly walked down the path.

"I only have, one rule." he said as he taped Celestia's breastplate locking eyes with her at the end.

"Every one fights. No one quits." he continued looking at as many of them in the eye as possible.

"If you dont do your job, ill shoot you. Do you get me?"

"We, get, you, sir!" A majority of the hold replied.

"Welcome to Blackwatch."

"Rap-tors Black-watch!" Starnes yelled

"Hoah!"

Author's Note:

I decided to give you all a bit of back story here. And again tell me what you thought. And any predictions for the future?